Search results for query: *

1. SomeWeirdSins

It might be a good time to talk about Sturgian Druzhinnik

In Warband You can make an incredibly powerful and useful player character very quickly (EARLY IN THE GAME) and reap the full benefits of your build for the entire game. If you know what to do you can have max INT skills at level 13. In bannerlord you can be 3/4 done with the game by the time you get some of the better skills and perks so they don't really matter. Bannerlord just tries to copy other popular rpg systems but made them really bad and un-rewarding in the context of the game.
    you can also get engineering 300 in like 2 sieges and then just run around winning seiges vs 1000 defenders with 150 attackers. Game is a joke right now
  2. SomeWeirdSins

on the 1.2.7 patch notes :

which is why an infantry druzhinnik would be nicer with the new patch, now we just have to hope that snow and rain buff inf even more and it would be very good on sturgia
    Thanks!

It's hard to notice somee of the little changes in 1.2x because it's the worst patch since the middle of early access, the game is super broken
  3. SomeWeirdSins

no longer true about the 20% tho
    as of when? I thought it was only removed for seiges
  4. SomeWeirdSins

Honestly I really don't see why the Sturgians shouldn't be more infantry focused. I mean do we really need 3 (actually 4) cultures whose noble line is effectively just heavy melee cavalry? It would make a lot more sense if Sturgia mirrored Battania more as an infantry centric Kingdom. I've basically turned my back on the vanilla troop trees. Not balanced, not diverse, just a joke. Any other developer of a strategy/battle game will typically make troop balance THE priority. And a small team could easily sort this all out in a month for Bannerlord, but nah.

I've more or less proven to myself over the past year and half that making the Sturgia noble line heavy infantry does not spoil the game. Makes the game a lot more interesting to be honest. If the Khuzait Horse Archer formation is intimidating, shouldn't the Sturgian infantry formation basically be the equivalent?

Ideally Sturgian Trees would be like this:
    4931-1672117172-552485155.jpeg

4931-1672117243-309563986.jpeg

Honestly I don't even think troop types matter that much in simulated battles (troop tier matters most). You could create a Kingdom of entirely infantry and they'd still probably do fine or no worse on the Campaign map. The actual geography (i.e. fief placement) and random chance plays the biggest role in what Kingdoms prevail. Hence why Battania or Sturgia is usually first to go - because their territory is terrible for the A.I. to defend.

The base game also really suffers from all the Kingdoms having effectively the same troop rosters. Everyone has a T5 Shock Troop, everyone has a T5 Archer, and everyone has (except Battania) a T6 Horseman. The Kingdom you pick has no real bearing on actual battles.

That's why I've also started toying around with somewhat reduced troop trees (trimming the fat), and introducing inherit weaknesses. i.e. Sturgia has weak/limited archers, little cavalry, and a heavy focus on Shock Troops.

AIM4bis.jpg

J7SrFW8.jpg

You can have mounted shock troops, but they need to be balanced by not having shields and or light armor. Otherwise they steam roll everything much like Khan Guards in melee mode, though to a lesser extent since weapon length is shorter for axes. I believe I toyed around with Druzhniniks being effectively mounted two-handed axemen, but they were too strong in melee combat, but also too vulnerable at same time. Still probably improvement over vanilla since they are generally a waste.

Eh not really. The A.I. is just gonna recruit whatever is available and upgrade 50/50 (think there's a problem with Castle troop upgrades favoring one branch though). So one line ends as lesser infantry? Big deal, if a T5 unit is balanced appropriately still a good unit, also cheaper. Also in my mod I addressed that by NOT giving T5/T6 Varyags spears or throwing weapons. So you would still want Axemen and Spearmen for the weapon diversity.

This game is so ripe with pointless and redundant units anyways.

It's only an issue for those power gaming by recruiting certain troops. But you can't really control what the player chooses to recruit anyways.
    Cav bonuses get a 20 percent bonus in auto resolve and move faster on the map, so more cav heavy factions will generally do stronger in auto resolve wars
  5. SomeWeirdSins

Victory to the Khuzait Khan's Guard

Khans guards are cartoonishly overturned, agreed

In game time speedruns don't care much about unit types. I try to get a bunch of aserai infantry early and palatines after my inf is set up, but the ai is too soft to bother setting up elite cav right now.

I do them on max difficulty and play every fight and the game is over in 2 to 3 years
  6. SomeWeirdSins

Oh is that how those perks work? They aren't flagged for units labeled as 'cavalry' but for units that happen to be on horseback at the moment or something?
    It's full spaghetti code. None of the captains perks are described or coded in a consistent way. Some of the melee damage perks even apply to ranged damage by archers
  7. SomeWeirdSins

Dismount them for one of the best infantry troops in the game that move at cav speed and have t6 medic procs?

Just fix the buggy captains perks so that they actually work on dismounted cav
  8. SomeWeirdSins

In Progress AI underperformances in 1.2.x patches

I've forwarded the info/file to the QA team. They will continue their investigation. Thank you for your help!
    Just checking in on these issues - are they something that the team considers a priority issue and plans to address?
  9. SomeWeirdSins

Why was the Charm level 275 perk changed?

the old 275 charm made influence mostly irrelevant. There was no opportunity cost to levelling charm (other than focus/attribute), as playing catch-release of lords is the strongest way to gain all resources in the game
  10. SomeWeirdSins

Workshops for 1.2.7 and 1.2.8

Shops are balanced around a much longer form game than bannerlord in it's current format. If a conquest took multiple generations shops would be great
  11. SomeWeirdSins

The issue you have reported has been forwarded to our QA team for further investigation. We might need additional information regarding this issue, such as screenshots or videos, save files or dump reports. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
    Here's some more info on what I did. I think a lot of the 'strategies' I'm using probably shouldn't work, or at least shouldn't work as well as they do. Main issues are even battles being won too convincingly for the player with a simplified strategy, the ability to win sieges as an attacker when significantly outnumbered, 200 charm+2-3m denars being sufficient to paint the map, and hunting/releasing lords being sufficient for developing relations with clans.
    Here's uncut VODs and a writeup:

I was able to 'Win' the game in around 3 years with a few strategies that are new to me, so I thought I'd share. By 'Win' I mean get to the point where the game cannot fight back effectively: I can control war/peace, win field battles, win sieges, and recruit clans without resistance. I did not use any strategies that I consider exploits (no smithing, no khans/fians, no retreat-cheese, no bug exploits, etc.). Sandbox max difficulty. Streamed live of course :smile:

Clan tier 0: Start Battanian - speed is OP. Take a bunch of INT skills. I took cunning for scouting, but the game is over so quickly in 1.2.6 that cunning skills probably aren't worth the investment. In 1.2.6 the AI is at it's weakest since early in early access, so you can just run at fights.

Buy all the hogs, butcher, and sell the meat/hides. Buy a simple short bow and 3 quivers of cheap arrows. walk to lageta. Max athletics ASAP Do 'leg day' on looters along the way: ride away, dismount, shoot looter, get on horse, ride away, etc. Make sure all four speed perks in athletics are taken. Avoid wearing heavy armor early.

Butcher hogs in lageta. Ask arena master where tournament is. Go from tourney to tourney smashing looters along the way. Grinding riding with horse/bow is a huge pain but gut it out after you get 100 athletics. Riding perk nomadic traditions (75) is required before hiring for this strategy. After 100 athletics empire tourneys are free money using 'spin to win' dodge strategy. Don't waste time on contracts unless they are totally free. Hire scout if needed

After 2 focus in riding and 5 in athletics, put 2 in 2h, 3 in leadership, then max medic , then steward, then charm, then engineering.

Clan tier 1 or day 20, whichever is later - try to end up near Askar. Hire a bunch of foot troops. We are making 80-90 aserai veteran infantry (AVI) for our first troops. They are flexible and powerful. Buy 75-100 horses and a bunch of food. if you have leftover money try to buy some decentish armor. Merc for whoever is fighting against the aserai, and start taking hostile actions against aserai for free recruits.At this point we are going from village to village and smashing peasants, and possibly taking an opportunistic lord fight. Hideouts are worth less than village fights - don't go out of your way for bandits/hideouts.

The eastern portion of the aserai lands have a lot of favorable choke points. Use buildings and shieldwall/square formation to protect yourself while getting 15-40 kills a fight with the 2h axe. We can usually zone the militia archer out of the fight with terrain Power level your team of 100% AVI using baptized in blood. Try to lose some troops every fight until you get 75 medic. it's okay to lose 30-50 troops if you see a lord fight you can win, they come back fast!

Clan tier 2-3: We are looking to merc and fight against the empire factions and start adding palatine guards into the mix. They are good all-around archers. If we lose a bunch of AVI we might replace with legionarries. Do not make shocks. Do not make cav. Do not make xbows. Archers and shield infantry only. Once we are at max party size we should be able to start hunting lords.

If your merc contract expires don't waste time finding a new one. Just start smashing lords from a soft faction. The area between rhotae, jalarmys, and amitatis usually has a lot of western empire lords. smash villages if you need troops or can't find lords. Remember when we smash lords we are releasing htem to farm charm/relations so they will join our kingdom after.

Clan tier 4- Autumn or winter 1085 - We want to start off in a town, not a castle. Remember the AI is soft and we can kill 800 troops with just our party if we are the attacker in a seige. Being the attacker in a siege is a huge advantage. Find a rebel faction or a faction at war and take a town away from the warfront. If possible buy all the food, start raiding a village to go hostile, then seige. The garrison will starve out

Use trebs to break down the walls. Then build catatapults. The enemy militia will clump up in the breaches. Good thing catapults are AOE. Slaughter them all with catapults, then clean up the survivors with archers:

Run around fighting for a bit while your parties/garrisons recruit. Try to take 2 easy castles, but mostly focus on smashing enemy armies for profit. Spend first 1000 influence creating two companion clans then get policies set. Look for the oppertunity to recruit clans. If you have around 1m denars, take a quick peace to recruit a bunch of clans. Contrats, you've won the game!

Additional info

Playing big fights:' put your infantry in a shieldwall 3-4 deep. Put your archers in a straight line behind your shieldwall 15-20 m. Try to avoid making cav, but if you do you can either dismount and add to shieldwall, or put the cav in a sheildwall on a side to protect the archer. Remember, we only want shield infantry and archers. The AI is hot garbage now - this applies to your troops any time you issue a command (and the AI), so avoid pushing buttons. The AI will jut mill around in the general area of your shieldwall and die to archers. The cav will look scary, but they can safely be ignored. They will just ride around in circles whiffing and will die to archers.

Once you have an army try to have all the infantry in your group (to leverage medic/baptized in blood) and the archers in your clan parties. This will also push the loot onto your clan parties, which instantly get turned into cash so you will not have to waste time looking for a place to sell.

Key perks:

2h- baptized in blood

Riding: nomadic traditions (speed), sweeping wind (speed)

athletics: morning exercise, form fitting armor, having going, sprint, strong

charm: warlord, meaningful favors, natural leader

leadership: Fervent attacker, famous commander

steward: frugal, sweatshops, efficient campaigner, aid corps, master of warcraft. (Note: NEVER use the destroy items for exp perks. Money is how you conquer calradia. UPgrading an armor is worth far less than buying clans)

Medic: preventative medicine, walk it off, doctors oath, best medicine, veterinarian, perfect health, physician of the people,

engineering: torsion engines, prison architects, military planners, wall breakers, foreman, camp building, apprenticeship, architectural comissions
  12. SomeWeirdSins

Highlights from conquest runs and/or custom battles Summary: 1.Infantry/Archers (player) standing still vs Default AI: Default AI gets absolutely slaughtered to the team not pushing buttons (inf/archers only) 2. Similar behavior including cav. Notice the AI cav 'freezing'...
  13. SomeWeirdSins

Major issues that remain unaddressed in 1.2.5

I play on the current beta that is live 1.26.

I dont feel that its as bad as you describe.

Maybe because we play and or level things different.

Read I typically go into bandit lairs to take out those to lvl up my bow.
    For rideing I skill up with a lance.

For me it feels pretty "good" but again its totally subjective.

How you manage to win in 3 years, seems abit excessive fast imo.
    Maybe you should try playing on hardest difficulty?

Maybe you have evolved beyond the vanilla, and should start playing with mods?

Keep in mind that not all the players will have as fast a learning curve as you have in terms of mechanics etc, so they got to balance it out, so its not to overwhelming for those new to the game either.

Ideally some of the features they have should be MCM so we the players could set things different based on our preferences (I think the endless state of war that the game offers is tanking the fun out of it, I miss the rng from Warband).
    I'm on the hardest difficulty for all settings.

The game isn't 'hard'. The core design is that the AI simply does not have the tools to fight back vs a player who knows the basic mechanics and how to use time effectively. Mods are not a solution- the core mechanics need more iterations to be functional.
    The AI SHOULD be able to counter many of the strategies I'm using. I should not be able to win a sige with 150 random cheap infantry/archers into an 800 stack of defenders, but I can. It's not skill, its just that the AI doesn't answer many strategies. Mods may claim to fix AI, but they cannot. They can just modify some internal sliders that TW already has in the game.

I should not be able to win even fights with virtually no causalities, but I can. It's not skill, it is due to AI underperformance at the tactical and unit level. You can go into custom battles and check yourself. Here's an example of how weak the AI is:

Even 50/50 fight with the character not fighting and no captains perks. The 'two straight lines' strategy absolutely dominates the AI. This is clearly an issue.

AI armies are just free resources. They will walk past my army, get stuck in a siege, and die. That should not happen, etc.
  14. SomeWeirdSins

Closed Formation targetting does not work

I was able to find the footage - it looks like there were either enemy cav on both of my flanks and I was actually targeting the 'cav' formation. This may have been intended. Overall, the improvements to performance optimization and individual unit behavior have resulted in unit AI behavior feeling weak in the 1.2.x patches. I'll follow up in a seperate thread with videos and timestamps
  15. SomeWeirdSins

Dont get me wrong alot of the things you state I'm 100% on board with, but some of it not so much.
    Read the final part where you go on about "pushback" imo thats kind of hte problem in the current system, that you will snowball due to the pushback.
    the ai bieng hellbent on never going for peace until, the get forced into because they are now being declaread war upon by 2-3 others.

I think the whole core mechanics that is flawed is the way war/peace is declared in the game.
    Sadly imo the "causis belli" that Warband had, was that much better, and it also made most games feel that much "random".

Alot of theese things I think you may be looking at mods instea of the vanilla game(playing devils advocate for Taleworlds).

Example the issue with the wanderers which is just bs..
    Diplomacy mod offers you the ability to send messengers(with fog of war effect or not - you can toggle it).
    That way you can hire those you want that is far away without going for a wanderer only to find they've moved on by the time you get there.

Some of the design flaws you list, I dont get, I never struggled leveling up the skills you mention to that degree.
    Swift wind - to be abit rude, I think your doing it wrong.
    Leveling up rideing is supereasy... get a lance boom boom.
    The dmg output on it means that you'll levle up pole + rideing in no time, getting to 75 in rideing is for me not a grind at all.
    Just do some tradeing to get decent armor, decent polearm, decent soldiers even t1 type of archers to unleash fire upon the enemy, while you just zoom in like a cruisemissile and shred.(again you need decent armor vs some of the npc, cause a javelin do hurt like a truck)(useing a shield is also advised, cause if you see that they will throw it is better to not joust and instead block).
    It sounds like I didn't do a great job being clear.
    1. The game is far too easy once you undrestand the basics. I'm talking about 'winning' in around 3 years and 15ish hours of play without abusing blatant exploits.
    2. I'm not sure if you've played 1.2.6, but riding has been reworked to give massive penalties to mounted combat early game - ranged has a 1,500% decrease to accuracy. It's still easy to level, but it's just more time consuming. This is an attempt by TW to fix the fact that starting off with a horse+bow and kiting looters is orders of magnitude stronger than any other strategy (including those you describe). The nerfs don't change that - the best way to start a run is still to solo looters with a horse+bow, it just feels worse now
  16. SomeWeirdSins

I think that the deployment of 1.2.x should wait until 2024 until the bugs are sorted out.
    I think the largest concern of myself and many I speak to is that taleworlds does not view these as problems. Some level of Jank is unavoidable, but Bannerlord just doesn't actually fight back against the player.
  17. SomeWeirdSins

There is no bug here. This is intended behaviour.
    If the troops you ordered to target an enemy formation, finds a new threat while moving to the targeted enemy formation will change their priorities to handle the new threat. If there are any troops that can by-pass the new threat moving towards them, they will be attacking to the targeted enemy troops as ordered. Players need to take into consideration that the troops' path while moving to their targets.
    They are chasing cav 100 meters behind thier current position when the archers I ordered them to attack were 30 meters ahead of them
  18. SomeWeirdSins

Summary: formation targetting does not work How to Reproduce: Go into fight with enemy archers and cav. Target enemy archers. Watch infantry run around and chase cav Have you used cheats and if so which: no
  19. SomeWeirdSins

Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Yes and given the reports regarding battle stability and AI "over-performance" that's the right choice to me.
    Are there any plans to address the issues raised in this thread, or should we expect them to be a part of future bannerlord patches?

Back
Top Bottom