Search results for query: *

1. Taleworlds, it's time to shut down this multiplayer

They just need to close down Captains mode or skirmish its pointless to have 2 modes that do the same thing and are played the same way.
  2. Kicked from public server for not being good enough

I'm sure that is true. I am also sure there are admin controls which do allow real people to adminster the servers and hand out mutes and bans. Anyone that has played multiplayer is well aware of the difference being a server crash and being kicked. The client behaviors are quite different.

If there had been a voting mechanism in place I would have no grevance. However, this occurred directly after a player with a popular clan tag BTL complained that I had not followerd his orders and ":I hate having to play with stupid randoms" .
    FYI there are a lot of individuals who impersonate BTL members along with members from other clans. They are trolls trying to make certain clan meets look bad.
  3. Resolved Multiplayer Find Match does not work

I can't because it started working again, I didn't do anything to it I checked it on late Friday/Saturday night and it works fine now. This is very disturbing, but at least it works again for now. Thank you for your response.
  4. Resolved Multiplayer Find Match does not work

So I can connect to other games on different servers just fine, this is the only one. Also, if I use my phones hotspot and run data I can get into a match sometimes, the issue sometimes happens I don't know if it logs me out because I'm running it through my phone, but I'm able to find a match and play.
  5. Resolved Multiplayer Find Match does not work

6. Resolved Multiplayer Find Match does not work

The battleye message went away though.
  7. Resolved Multiplayer Find Match does not work

So I just wiped my computer and started all over again. Reinstalled everything fresh and its still doing the same thing. It won't connect me to the server.
  8. Resolved Multiplayer Find Match does not work

also when I logged in it said, "You could not get access from your platform service".
  9. Resolved Multiplayer Find Match does not work

My OS is up to date and I have tried reinstalling battleye, something keeps dropping me from the server. I will load in correctly my friends say they see me for a brief second then it drops me out and I can't click find a match or even relog.
  10. Resolved Multiplayer Find Match does not work

So I played last night just fine, I went to find a match today and it wont let me search for a match, add anyone to my group or re-log. When the game starts up I get this message from battleeye-
    11:14:38: Starting BattlEye Service...

11:14:41: Launching game...
    11:15:02: Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don't cause problems with the game.
    11:15:02: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\System\5dd302cc18514670950e7f3fbebddb06\System.ni.dll".
    11:15:02: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\System.ValueTuple\cab3ebbf1280dc8b0dd1638592019546\System.ValueTuple.ni.dll".
    11:15:36: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\System.Numerics\92acbf2f668c06e51b7ae29b448197a3\System.Numerics.ni.dll".
    Please help me with this issue thank you.
    Here is another message:

:49:29: Starting BattlEye Service...

11:49:33: Launching game...
    11:50:25: Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don't cause problems with the game.
    11:50:25: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\System.Numerics\92acbf2f668c06e51b7ae29b448197a3\System.Numerics.ni.dll".
    11:50:25: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\System.Runteb92aa12#\8a153a48cab74fecab5ea91a393181ee\System.Runtime.Serialization.ni.dll".
    11:50:26: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\System.Data\a759fc3f2f677d429ddd990a0333e789\System.Data.ni.dll".
  11. Resolved Multiplayer Find Match does not work

So I played last night just fine, I went to find a match today and it wont let me search for a match, add anyone to my group or re-log. When the game starts up I get this message from battleeye- 11:14:38: Starting BattlEye Service... 11:14:41: Launching game... 11:15:02: Note: File blocks can...
  12. 1.5.5 Balance and Further Changes

It's not just cav rambo thats the issue its any solo unit that can go off on its own and take advantage of the Ai's targetting parameters or kill 50%-100% of a full ai troop and only risking one life. It essentially has made captain mode into a glorified Skirmish battle with ai to kill which is not what the mode should be in my opinion but rather one that requires being a strategic commander not a godly swordfighter. 1 shock captain whiping and distracting whole units is not a good look for the mode. That all being said you're definitely right about the slow bug throwing a fat roadblock in the way of the follow me scenario. Hopefully they get that fixed first and foremost.
    Your going to have 1 unit distracting other units from the fight anyways
    It's not just cav rambo thats the issue its any solo unit that can go off on its own and take advantage of the Ai's targetting parameters or kill 50%-100% of a full ai troop and only risking one life. It essentially has made captain mode into a glorified Skirmish battle with ai to kill which is not what the mode should be in my opinion but rather one that requires being a strategic commander not a godly swordfighter. 1 shock captain whiping and distracting whole units is not a good look for the mode. That all being said you're definitely right about the slow bug throwing a fat roadblock in the way of the follow me scenario. Hopefully they get that fixed first and foremost.
    Would this work for the charge command or give way command? What happens when your an archer being pressed by inf your trying to run you see cav coming and you want to send your men off in the distance while you run in to buy them sometime? And having the option to move your troops to distant points on the map if need be is very strategic.
  13. 1.5.5 Balance and Further Changes

@AVRC I am working to get a video on the Ai exploits up A.S.A.P. but I would like to comment on the few exploits that you did mention and explain how they can be replicated by the development team in the meantime while the video evidence is being worked on. As well as why myself and many captain mode players believe these exploits to be game-breaking issues.

Baiting the archers to switch to melee - Achieved by being the closest enemy unit within the Archers units melee range detection zone.
    (Since you are the closest unit within melee range, All Archer Ai will individually try to defend itself from your perceived melee threat by drawing their own melee weapons and attacking you until you are either dead or have left their melee range.)

Getting all archery fire by standing in front with a shield - Achieved by standing in front of enemy archers and being the closest enemy unit located near to them and holding up your shield.
    (Since you are the closest unit within firing range, all Archer Ai's will individually decide that you are the priority target and will fire at you exclusively unless another unit somehow manages to get closer to the archers than you.)

Baiting shield troops to break their shield wall - Achieved by walking back and forth either in front of or behind enemy shield wall formations with your captain so that the enemy Ai raises their weapons to strike you, but staying just far enough out of reach so that you never get hit by the Ai.
    (When the ai is trying to strike you, their shield wall is broken and enemy archers can hit their exposed bodies. Typically effects only a few units at a time but you can walk alongside the line of shield wall to maximize how many ai break formation.)

Baiting infantry troops into pulling out their spears when it is not a good decision to do so - Achieved by simply bringing a Cavalry unit within melee distance of an infantry unit with a 2ndary spear just before a melee engagement.
    (The ai pulls out its spears because the Cavalry units presence indicates that they should, but this is a trap/lure as this means your troops won't fight the enemy infantry with their primary weapons causing them to lose in the melee fight against other infantry when enemy Cavalry is also present.)

All of these exploits can be achieved by a single captain player unit and do not require multiple units to be present in order to happen. This is a huge problem in captain mode that we call "Ramboing" basically just meaning a player character splitting off from his Ai units in order to abuse and exploit the Ai's targeting parameters and behavioral patterns in a low-risk (only risking the players single unit) high reward (can potentially distract and destroy entire groups of units) strategy that diminishes the overall strategic gameplay of captain mode.

Another Potential Solution to Consider:
    An idea that has been thrown around the community, originally suggested by Brandis in an older forum post, would be to Limit the distance the player captain unit can separate from his/her respective Ai units. A reasonable distance would be about 10 paces/steps or less so as to ensure that a player captain unit has to stay with his/her troops and couldn't run off on their own to engage in the exploitation of enemy Ai units with the above mentioned strategy as they would also have to risk losing their Ai units in the attempt as well rather than just a single unit, which would discourage players from using these "cheesey" strategies in favor of more organized and command based gameplay.
    How to implement this?:
    If a player captain gets more than 10 paces/steps away from his ai units that he/she has ordered to hold their position at a certain location, the Ai would automatically switch back to "Follow me" mode making it impossible for the player captain to leave his units unattended. This distance would still be reasonable enough to allow for players to maneuver around nearby their own units, but it would prevent players from separating from their units entirely and going off to exploit enemy Ai.

Thank you again for all your hard work I'm very grateful that your team is taking a look at these issues and addressing our concerns regarding this. I hope this is somewhat helpful, like I mentioned before I still plan to release a video with more details but I thought I could give you something to work with before that time comes.

P.S. Regarding Cavalry Ai improvements: A great way to improve Cavalry Ai would be to tighten their formation by reducing the distance between the Ai units as they charge. If the Ai would be capable of doing cycle-charges as a solid mass / blob it would be a lot more effective on the battlefield by being essentially a moving wall of deadly force. Just some thoughts I had.
    I agree with almost all of your suggestions except having the ai automatically on follow me after 10 paces. If you have the slow bug your units are worthless and what happens when I'm shield walling to archers and die my guys charge to whomever is closer, but I can f1 them to archers and they go where I want them to. Having your units on follow is a bad idea and defeats the purpose of being a captain which means having the option of ordering your men from a distance. I get that Rambo cav is an issue for some, but most experienced players know how to deal with this.
  14. 1.5.5 Balance and Further Changes

No, since they have class limits.

Not by weaponry strictly but with the ability to catch up and punish archers. We will be doing some experimenting with moves and aim speeds.

Baiting the archers to switch to melee
    Getting all archery fire by standing in front with a shield
    Baiting shield troops to break their shield wall
    Baiting spear troops to put away their spears
    etc...
    About the AI abuse, I think people have to adjust their comps and tactics to solve this issue. My clan BTL has never complained about cav harassing our archers or enemy cav turning our shield units so their archers can get shots on them. This problem is solved by protecting archers with cav and pressing enemy archers. People can't just shield wall or circle formation on a flag and expect to win. If something is not working they need to try something else. I feel like the people complaining about this run solo archers in a group of infantry which has never really worked at least not in competitive play.
  15. Need More Info "Login Failed - Couldn't receive login result from server"

Same here "couldn't receive login results from server".
  16. Banned for abusive chat

I will take his advice I don't want to be banned again, I want to play this game unlike the a-hole trolls who don't.
  17. Banned for abusive chat

Your right, I'll just report him and hope he gets banned weeks later. In the meantime I'll just have to suffer miserable people making this game a horrible experience. Thank for the response.
  18. Beta e1.5.5 Servers

Archers are much better, however kahns guard are very slow and whats up with shield wall? Why is the movement speed so slow and why does it effect your cav? And what happened to the command to face enemy now its only face direction. The archers are a great improvement I still feel like kahns guard need some more work the don't shred like rangers or archers, and they are still slow. Cav feels good too, the ai seem to attack better and are overall smarter.
  19. Banned for abusive chat

and if it was the guy on cav, he would charge his cav at the beginning of the round and go behind the rock cliffs on the forest map

I have over 1500 wins in captains mode if I teamed killed they had it coming this is bs. You can ask anyone in Captains League they can vouch for me.
Back
Top Bottom