Search results for query: *

• Users: Kut
  • Order by date
  1. Armor lack of effectiveness Devs should consider

Unpopular opinion, heh heh heh. :razz:

Buffing armor don't save anything. I've been there. RBM, INJ2 promos, etc. After some time, all are creating MMO feel, like cutting down 400k hp dragon boss and losing it's realism.

RBM tried to solve this with "tiredness" but it looked bad, imo. INJ2 looks like relies on massively buffed piercing damage and polearms/two-handers; well time will tell..

So, punching a sponge is not realistic most will agree on that. But also punching a rock creates MMO feel, decreasing realism.

What if we shouldn't punch at all ? That.. to me is more realistic...

Only middle point, to me is, adequate usage of feint-attack/lesser usage of block for low-mid tier units

And extreme usage of feint-attack/adequate block for higher tier units and lords.

And for arrows/bolts, AI will gonna use it's damn shield in 90+% effectiveness on any range, with a walk speed/ride speed penalty. Only solution for Archer-main players is will be:
    -combined arms
    -defeat in detail
    -multiple side shooting

But this will not be accepted because it will be annoy relax gaming.

Just as turning sponge into rock...

-------------------------------------------------

Alas, no bad feel towards TW for this from me. This is a product, you earn moneh, you paying wages etc. Bigger player base is better most of the time. I would also choose this over that niche, instead i would hunt other niches. Precisely, i would hunt other niches definitely, game need those very badly.
  2. Help With Cavalry

You should get more two hander, polearm, spear and archer units imo. And try thick (5-6 men deep) square formations.

If you don't want more shock & archer troops, try even more (6,8,...) thicker square formations.
  3. Having Going Turkish Name

Pffff.. :roll:

Too much overthinking, and even rude-thinking in here...
  4. Having Going Turkish Name

Chicken translate part and it's meaning.

It's second meaning is also funny: "Meh, you're not the world's most beatiful/handsome dude/dudette, but you have some nice body a bit, i would still make "love" of you.. Better than nothing...
  5. Having Going Turkish Name

Having going
    =
    Gideri var
    =
    (You're) having a "go"-ing/"go"-able (from me)
    =
    S/he would f@ck you.. Your body is that awesome...

An inside joke. :lol:
  6. defeated kingdoms

For complete eradication, you need to execute the last survivors of their faction afaik.

Then the game will show "this faction destroyed" cutscene.
  7. Releasing the game in this state feels like a slap in the face

@Orion i know this isn't the subject but i wanted to share, you can disable garrison recruitment via tabs afaik. When you alter the garrison wage slider to zero, it will not recruit and will disband the recruited troops i think.
  8. Beta Patch Notes e1.9.0

Afaik you can take over any +18 clan member. Companions, your brother's wife etc. included.

But if you don't have any of them, then the game says game over i think.
  9. SP - Quests What to do in Peacetime ? Well, Quests ! :P

Yeah, i have an idea.. Nine days before full release. :razz: Inspired by this thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/what-to-do-in-peacetime.454488/ ---------------------------- My propose would be a questbook, named as "civil affairs" etc. Kinda meh but maybe could help a...
  10. Release Plans

Lovely. Thanks for informing guys. 🍻
  11. All the information I brought back from Gamescom (Banners, bug fixes, futur of the game, UI changes, new crafting parts in forge, consoles, etc)

My speculation on this matter is probably player-created and rebel-born ai faction will have pre-styled banner same as Vlandia,Khuzait,etc. Depending on choosen culture.

For example, player-created faction chooses Empire as a Kingdom culture : The kingdom will have Empire style faction banner with a difference on the cloth.

A rebel ai faction born in Battanian settlement: It will have Battanian style faction banner with a difference on the cloth.

Clan banners are good idea i think too. It could enhance the political lore.
  12. All the information I brought back from Gamescom (Banners, bug fixes, futur of the game, UI changes, new crafting parts in forge, consoles, etc)

I was writing an edit, then work came out. :sad:
    ----------------------
    EDIT: Eh, thinking about second time, they are in the game as an implemented object with two/three different levels afaik, sorry.

But will AI use those, and also could we use those, when we joined an AI faction ?

Plus, will player-created custom faction or rebel-born AI faction have their own faction banners ?

If not, it doesn't have to be a art dept. work. Just as an stick&cloth type could be fine by me, to be fair. Better than none.

Thanks...

----------------------------

@Totalgarbage

Sorry for late reply, I didn't see the faction banners in gamescom footages, might have missed probably. All i saw was the formation-buff banners.
  13. All the information I brought back from Gamescom (Banners, bug fixes, futur of the game, UI changes, new crafting parts in forge, consoles, etc)

In the "X faction destroyed" and "The player giving the Dragon banner to AI faction" cutscenes, we have faction banners.

Could this (faction banners) also be implemented ?

Comment & critiques appreciated. @Duh_TaleWorlds
  14. For the sake of all that is Holy, can you not have a better system for finding Lords?

The encylopedia tip doesn't refresh itself if you don't enter settlements.

When you search for someone, enter villages / castles / towns more frequently.

With this, the intel becomes "near-real time".

But if you're asking "real time or complete" data, than the problem rests on you, sorry.

Not even kings, emperors have that precise intel most of the time.
  15. Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

I think not all the cutscenes are shared completely:

Edit: Nah.. Not completely, my bad. Even this one doesn't have all of them. (Different birth scene for female MC and something more etc. afaik)
  16. Statement regarding Singleplayer IV

Awesome additions. Thanks TW family. ??
  17. How to conquer the first castle? With your own force?

thank you for reply, now I understand it better.
    I really appreciated your feedback

Last night I join West Empire as mercenary, then when WE send a 600+ army to conquer a Aserai castle, I immediately leave kingdom, then attack the WE army, with only 100+ left, I beat the army, then attack castles

because the castle just got conquered, so it actually doesn't have any garrison( the army didn't entry the castle to drop off garrison) , so yeah I basically took the castle with 0 garrison

now I finally have my first castle hahahaha, now create a kingdom, and form an army, seek peace, then I have time to develop army

thanks again

Much obliged. I am happy for your victory.
  18. How to conquer the first castle? With your own force?

Thank you for your feedback, but I have lot's of questions

1. What's Ananda's tatic?? why sacrifice troops?? what do you mean??

2. what is Calradia's political arena?? is there any specific phrase/any specific event that would trigger you as "political threat"??
    what is political claimage arena??

3. so your strategy is just line up elite archers on enemy walls, shoot arrows and kill as much as possible??

No problem, sorry for my broken wordings.

1- The one you tried it and complained about the time consumage etc.

Without big numbers, your only hope is a) Ananda's solo horse archery tactic and b) pelting the walls with elite archers in close range, then attacking with those archers via ladders. The mentioned units (fiann champion and khans guard) are also good melee fighters - so they can conduct good melee performance on walls etc.

But since you have small numbers, even if you win that siege, you will suffer in that siege. I used "sacrifice" phrase for this hypothetic situation.

2- Oh that's just me, nevermind. :iamamoron:

The AI can't target you if you're not attacked them first. But this only applies if you're not a kingdom ruler or part of an another kingdom or being a mercenary etc. With stepping up for establishing your kingdom, you are entering their world of geopolitical arena.

What i meaned, factions can't attack you first. With this dilemma, army forming is becoming more powerfull tool against them. I understand this dilemma, but couldn't accept as the only proper solution. It's not dumb or that, but it's also not fitting much properly..

3- Take a look at message #11's last part.

---------------------------

But if you're not picky about which settlement you owned, when you recieved and from whom gived,

the one you expreinced before -which also multiple times advised solution was the easiest one...
  19. How to conquer the first castle? With your own force?

Best tactic is Ananda's tactic. You will not sacrifice much troop with that. But if you want more speed, well then some sacrifices needed.

Take visual note of your targeted castle map, take note of the enemy troop composition, then exercise in custom battle.

Four enemy catapult. Later, four ballista, later, none of them. Full fiann or kg for yourself. Park them near the wall. Let them shoot. Then attack with ladders.

For max damage you need fiann or kg but you can also try practicing with armored-nice big shield carrying melee unit.

----------------------------

When you entering the Calradia's political arena, then AI thinking you as an political threat, then they can start wars against you first, and then you can finally form an army.

They don't care your total troop number or your total settlement number. They only care if you're entering their political claimage arena or not.

With army forming feature, you can field thousand plus strong armies. Since AI can't target you first -if you're not a kingdom or etc., TW doesn't let players to do that.

I have mixed feelings on this solution. I understand the problem, but the solution maybe should be a different approach or mixture of other approaches.

Which i can't come up with those other possible solutions to the TW right now...
Back
Top Bottom