Search results for query: *

1. Signalize

Beta e1.7.2 Troop & Equipment Changes

Does this only pertain to mercenary troop balance or troop balance in general between the factions?
    Both. We evaluate how much damage different troops do, how distinctive they are visually, and how they interact with each other.
  2. Signalize

Beta e1.7.2 Troop & Equipment Changes

I would agree that mercenaries and minor factions should be more dangerous. Why pay a bunch of money to a company of mercenaries if they dont perform? ?
    Mercenaries and troop balance issues are two things we are actively looking into. I can't promise changes right away but we are actively doing tests and trying different combinations to come up with changes the community would like.
  3. Signalize

In Progress Some crossbows and a variety of other items are not able to be produced by workshops

Sounds good! I appreciate the response.

Do you mean you were already in the process of doing that after some testing, or that they had been forgotten about?

We were aware of the problem but we had to hold it before fixing other issues regarding workshop production and item valuation before (re)introducing a couple of high tier items. If anything your topic was a good reminder of showing us that the coasts are clear for the fix.
  4. Signalize

In Progress Some crossbows and a variety of other items are not able to be produced by workshops

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are going through the list of calradian/neutral items before enabling them for workshops. Soon all the neutral items will be available for workshops to craft.
  5. Signalize

Resolved [Beta 1.6.0] Transgender lords

Hello, equipment set mix-ups is a problem we are actively looking at and we hope to fix it as soon as possible.
  6. Signalize

Banu Qaraz and Banu Ruwaid has the same Clan Sigil

I have talked with our QA team and can confirm that the problem that you have mentioned is also fixed. :smile:
  7. Signalize

Thank you, can i ask if this includes fixing the issue where ruling clan banner is not changing colors properly when it loses the throne of a faction to another clan?

The recent change I mentioned is all about logo design changes. About the issue I mentioned, I will try to find and verify if this is a problem. But it feels like these clans hold their colors because they were the founders of the said faction..; Faction color is made after the ruling clan so even if you overthrow them their original colors remain the same.
  8. Signalize

Hello,
    Thank you for reporting this. We had revised clan logos recently. They will be updated in an upcoming patch. This will also fix some messed up or unreadable clan logos.
  9. Signalize

Resolved Items without any culture assigned can spawn everywhere which causes out of place items in shops

Hello Scarface52,

I want to inform you that we had gone through your suggested changes and implemented some of the changes that you have listed( will be reflected at a future patch). I would like to personally thank you for taking your time and writing these in such detail once again.
  10. Signalize

SP - Quests Deliver Herd quest: make the peasants optional.

I am not but I will direct it to the dev who designed the quest. Thank you for taking the time for reporting this.
  11. Signalize

Resolved Sword Sister incorrect unit type?

May I ask you how you have gained this character? Normally there was supposed to be no way this character could be added to your party. "Sword sister" is an old template that we were using for testing. She is only here to (for the moment) not to affect the save files.
  12. Signalize

Making a horse un-"lame"

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out about this matter. We know of this issue and it will be fixed as soon as possible.
  13. Signalize

Development Priorities

This makes a lot of sense. Maybe at some point an alpha version can be released for those of us willing to be lab rats :wink: , I know it was discussed having an alpha early on, has this idea officially changed?

Also if you don't mind what areas of the game are your focus? This will help us direct questions to you that you'll be able to answer (like campaign map/ai related issues/idea for Mexxico).

I am working as a game designer. I mainly work on game balance, quest design, and upcoming features/content. I do check a daily balancing Issues forums every morning, the best way to reach me or my fellow employees would be writing through there. Of course I am still watching pm's and mentions.

If this includes changes to the armour formula that would be amazing.

There are a lot of systems that seem good but just plain old arent working. Like all the high tier armours being unavailable. As items can only be made in a town within a certain multiple of town prosperity, however due to a change in item price calculations this system broke. Why hasnt it been fixed so people can better test these high level armours and give the best assestment of the current system before it gets changed?

Obviously there is a need for internal QA but if you were to bring larger balance changes into the beta and just let people know you are looking for their feed back on those changes, you would get it in spades. Obviously you wouldn't be able to avoid an individual having a meltdown over their particular thing getting nerfed even if it is just in the beta branch. It still seems far more productive though to engage in that process. As long as you are not afraid to completely with draw certain changes and maybe implement them later or not at all.

High tier armors are also being looked at as far as I know but I am afraid I won't be able to give many details in it because I am not working on that personally.

Larger changes will always be on beta. The cases that we can solve internally is so to say changing a weapon on troop and seeing how he fares against a certain faction or making a unit move a little faster et cetera. Such things we can always see through countless simulations and trials. Same things go with some economy changes and tryouts. Before sending those to steam beta, we have to make sure that there is a solid foundation to talk about and have a constructive conversation with. What we change always goes to the community for testing but only after it is worth speaking of :smile:
  14. Signalize

Development Priorities

May I ask why not? Isn't this the point of Early Access? Much of the community is desperate for any way they can help increase the speed of development. This would seem to be an avenue where you have many passionate people keen to lend a hand, why not utilize it?

And should you respond can I also ask why it does not appear that you are using lessons learnt from previous titles? granted there are many things to balance, but weren't many similar issues encountered and overcome in some form previously?

What I meant to say is that we don't want to purely rely on the community for testing. EA should not mean that we would be able to throw community anything that comes up to our minds. Some ideas might be risky, some might just be solved with internal testing and micro tweaks. From my point of view EA is the next step where we take the community's approval right before the feature/fix in our minds goes live. The community deserves more than being lab rats for this case :smile:

The reason that there are things that seems to work in our older titles but not in EA is that; Although it may not look like it some features are based on entirely different structures. So simply putting in the approach/codes from the older titles may not necessarily work out. Then again there are also new structures that affects the base game or simply prevent older designs from working properly. This is not always necessarily true but we have to act and plan like it is in order to prevent bigger problems that might hurt us in the long term.
  15. Signalize

Development Priorities

Greetings,

First of all, thank you for taking the time for writing about these topics.

1. Archers had always been an important aspect of warfare. Although we do not think a massive balancing is needed, we are always keeping an eye on what could change and how possible changes effects the game in simulations. We will be making further armor and balance changes within troop trees. Before making any more changes we would like to see how it will be received within the player base. If we feel that there is an imbalance towards archer heavy parties, I can assure you that we will take necessary actions.

2. We are trying to focus on the strengths of each faction and show them in a meaningful way. This, of course, does not mean that they would demolish the battlefield their special units. If players somehow make their parties/armies based on these units to some extent of the game it is good enough for us.

There will be a big armor value and equipment change we are working on ( Still needs to be thoroughly tested before it is good for the public builds) and we may make some more changes on troop weapons and troops if it is necessary but each change requires heavy testing to see how they synergize with every element of the game.

3. We are aware of the crafting system is being used for making easy money as of now. The crafting system will see some changes and pricing changes on weapons are also being worked on. I can't get into details but hopefully, it will turn out in a way where it will satisfy both crafters and traders.

4. Khuzait's being too dominant in the early stages (ergo snowball) of the game is something we know of. Our design team is doing some changes and testing to balance it out.

If I am to give a more general reply since they are more or less about the game balance, it is an extremely demanding task to balance out a game with so many different aspects into it. We do not want the community to do the testing for us that is why we are working so hard to find and examine each outcome of every small touch and change that we can possibly do. At the same time, we are keeping a close eye on player feedback as well. Hopefully the outcome will be able the please as many players as possible :smile:
  16. Signalize

Radagos Death Enabled

Greetings. Thank you all for reporting this. We have fixed this problem in our internal branch. You can see the changes in the upcoming patches. :smile:
  17. Signalize

Standard calvary units have lame horses

http://upload.taleworlds.com:8080/ I would appreciate it if you can write the description of the issue to we can prevent mix ups :smile:
  18. Signalize

Standard calvary units have lame horses

Hello,
    First of all, thank you for taking your time to report this problem :smile: Have you been using the game in vanilla state? Do you have any mods or such that might affect the horse behaviors?

If you can provide us a save game file and some additional info about the version you are playing that would be be really helpful.
  19. Signalize

Version 1.5.0 New Prosperity modifier unsolved issues on villages / towns break the prosperity mechanic

Thank you for reporting this. We are aware of this problem. We are working on a more elegant solution which will require some design work. Hopefully, this will be a non-issue soon enough.
  20. Signalize

Any plans to nerf Khuzaits (especially the horse archers) from snowballing?

Khuzait Horse Archers will not see a major change( We are always monitoring stats so this might change of course). On the bright side, we are also working implementing new features like hooked spears that dismount enemies under certain conditions and shield bracing which will make charging ( or passing by in this case) pike/spear-wielding enemies a much costly task. Please note that not all troops will have these features but those who do will be more effective against mounted units.
Back
Top Bottom