1. LEM()N

[NADL] Sign-up [Signups Done]

Player Name: LEM()N
    Main Class: archer/inf
    Main Gamemode Played: Skirmish
    Your Country: Canada
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198026526108
  2. LEM()N

Is this what a siege should look like to you Taleworlds ?

lots of changes are coming
    The story of Bannerlord. comming soon™
  3. LEM()N

Rambo should always be a part of captain to an extent

Why can't they just remove the ability to respawn from your remaining units. It is supposed to be captain mod not skirmish with extra lives lol. It baffled me, when I first played Captains mode, that you could just respawn if you had units still alive. They could make it so Captain players could customize their captain player so their player is unique compared to the units that are commanded (better armor/weapons and a horse if you want it)
  4. LEM()N

Throwing Meta is Ruining the Game

Remove the pick up ability on already thrown throwing weapons and move the throwing spear to heavy inf so you can't get three spawns with them.
  5. LEM()N

SKIRMISH MODE: Throwing spears should be one use only or moved to heavy inf.

I guess I agree with you melon. I want heavy inf to have throwables again but with better accuracy/damage but break on use. The pick up mechanic has always been stupid on throwables. It stops the flow of battle because people end up trying to pick up throwables which is sometimes hard to aim the cursor at. It also makes fights less balanced because the winner of the fight will pick up more throwables. Not sure what to do with skirmishers though (probably just remove them).
    you...dont realize... throwing weapons were the reason why the game is dead... do you?
    I would disagree that the game is dead because of throwing weapons. It is just a small part of the large list of problems.
    Also cav is super susceptible to throwing weapons
    Which is the point because cav is op. Can't make a good team without cav right now but you could make a team without inf. I've been hit in the back or bump stabbed by too many cav to care what they say.
  6. LEM()N

SKIRMISH MODE: Throwing spears should be one use only or moved to heavy inf.

I always liked throwing weapons and hated the 1.5 patch a while ago that nerfed accuracy. Remember when throwing axes were a thing on Vlandia and Sturgia heavy inf? Heavy inf with throwing weapons forces enemy inf to have more awareness when fighting. It also used to be a lot easier to dismount a cav then use a throwing weapon but again because of the accuracy nerf it is a lot harder (the stand up animation for dismounted cav should be increased a lot). You play cav more melon, why complain about inf stuff? I like throwing wepons but maybe not spamming throwing weapons.
  7. LEM()N

Are not there A BIT (a lot) of women in the game? And they are playing a lot of "man" roles.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to make a game, that is inspired by history, to be more historical. Even fixing the historically inaccurate ratio of women to men in male dominated rolls. The problem is that some of these people here are putting blinders on and ignoring every other major inaccuracy. When I hear " I will mod them out of the game when it is completed. I happen to like something resembling history" and with tags like this "#remove #women #from #every #corner" it is pretty clear some people here have a big personal issues with women and they're just hiding behind the "it's more historical" argument. I never got a response when asked about other historical inaccuracies. At this point this is sexism with a hint of being a dumb **** for not realizing all the other inaccuracies.

Who the **** comes up with these tags?? lol. This is such a bait thread, not even sure why I feed these trolls
    This post already sums up my argument clearly

You're completely wrong in about 5 different ways, but here are some things in the game that aren't found in any medieval context, which have a far greater impact on the game than a few too many vaginas:

1. Recruiting soldiers from bakers
    2. Levelling up soldiers by getting them to kill looters
    3. Killing "looters" (i.e. completely naked )
    4. All the armour and weapons. All of them.
    5. The entire economic system.
    6. The entire combat system.
    7. The entire clan system.
    8. The entire campaigning system.
    9. The way siege assaults are conducted.
    10. The way battles begin, are won, and how they look.

I could go on but you get the idea.

Whenever this same discussion happens I really get the impression that you either don't care or know much about history, you just have a very specific pop culture idea of the middle ages in your head and you get uncomfortable when that is broken. I don't blame you for this, most people are the same, but using history to back up your argument when the entire game is far more inaccurate is very weird, like mowing your lawn while your house burns down. If I wanted bannerlord to be a facsimile of medieval europe I would actually agree with you here, but it clearly isn't, and never will be at this rate.
  8. LEM()N

Are not there A BIT (a lot) of women in the game? And they are playing a lot of "man" roles.

There are exactly zero (0) reasons why sexism is innate to a feudal society. The fact that there were female queens is evidence enough of that. Nobody is arguing that history wasn't sexist. However, when we're creating a game set in a fictional, quasi-medieval universe, then there is no "immersion" argument for making it misogynistic. Your hatred for women is a personal issue, quit projecting it onto this game.

And yes I do study history. lmao
    Thank you. That is what I am trying to argue. This game is inspired by history and not trying to recreate it. There are a lot of other major historical inaccuracies so to focus on the female aspect and ignore everything else is cringy as ****.

Also that first quote mentioned is about Warband so it doesn't really apply to Bannerlord.
  9. LEM()N

You are going to study Medieval history?

You clearly haven't if your "female" problem is your biggest concern that breaks your immersion.
  10. LEM()N

Female combatants means commanders of forces that fight in battle, not soldiers at least in the context of the game. The Roman Empire East and West, Western Europe, and Islamic North Africa never had any cultural tradition of women in combat. It almost never happened. There are many reason why this happened one being biological evolution. There's no replacing a child bearer in the tribe, but a man is expendable. This is prevalent in every culture in human history.

So It doesn't look like you really want to make this game more historical as you completely ignored my first set of questions. You are really just cherry picking historical facts to fit your ideal video game. Why don't you make a mod or complain about bigger historical inaccuracies in the game. A few extra females really breaking your immersion? lol. If you had a better picture of history, a few extra women would be the least of your worries.
  11. LEM()N

Women served very important positions of power during the Middle Ages both militarily and politically; Elanor Of Aquitaine was one of the most powerful people in Western Europe during the 12 century. However, the idea that noble women trained and fought with men in battles is exceptionally rare, it almost did not happen period. The idea that women are fighting in armies in the game doesn't bother me, it's a game, I will mod it how I see fit, I like history.

Are you going to make other mods that deal with a dozen other major historical mistakes to make the game closer to history and less like a low fantasy game? I would love if it was a lot closer to history but the game itself is already closer to fantasy/fiction than anything historical. That would require a lot of mods. I would list some of the historical inaccuracies but I think someone already posted them earlier.

There are no female combatants in the armies the last time I checked (haven't played single player in a while) so I don't know where all the complaints are coming from that there are too many women. Is your mod going to change genders of a dozen female army leaders? I would add some women into the armies because I doubt that armies were 100% male. Battle combatants were generally not recorded so there were probably some women that chose to fight.

She never fought in a battle in her entire life. Not a single one: "relatively close." You are welcome to think think this is consistent with army generals in the middle ages.

As to your other point, I don't really care what TW does with female NPCs, but let us not mix Calradia with European history as some are doing.
    "but let us not mix Calradia with European history as some are doing"
    That is exactly what you are doing by planning to remove females unless you plan to make a bunch of other mods to change Calradia to medieval Europe.
  12. LEM()N

Imagine believing this game is trying to be historical then complaining that there is too many women in positions of power just because it wasn't that common "historically". What a bunch of misogynists that want to live in there own fantasy where women are weak. This whole thread is a dumpster fire.
  13. LEM()N

Why are NA servers still in NY?

Completely agree. There has to be more centralized servers so I don't get 90 ping.
  14. LEM()N

NA Skirmish Completed Royal Rat Rumble Tournament

Steam Name: LEM()N
    Do you have a mic? Yes
    Would you be interested in being a captain? Hell no
    Do you have prior team tournament experience?: Kind of I guess?
    Are you available on weekends and weekday nights? Yes
    Do you pledge yourself to Rat Royal Family? I'm for the blood rats, can't trust some of the scummy upper rat government ?
  15. LEM()N

Cav shields

Some other annoying cav encounters
  16. LEM()N

[NABB] Team Power Rankings | Post yours!

SidePleb's Super Squad Rankings!! (Week 3/Mid Week 4)

sorry guys im not rating players so people get mad, i might do another end of week 4 if i can be assed

Top Three
    Number One: Unknown
    Honestly? I don't see what I need to say. Unknown have beat many of the teams that I'd rank highly on this list in scrimmages and official tournament games. Whoever goes up against them is definitely not going to have a good time. Their infantry is probably some of the best in the game (sorry Justafo Youtube!), especially after their win against Risen Manifest. Hancock remains one of top archers in North America, and Chowski & Yoshie are a deadly dual threat on cav. When you include their bench, they have a lot of depth and skill in players like Mav and ummmmidk. I wouldn't be surprised if they go and win the whole thing.

Number Two: Defenders of Faith
    DoF is one of the teams who I feel has the potential to take on Unknown. Beeflip and Wegnas on archer is a good combination, and it also helps that Beeflip can drop off of archer and come to inf to press the E key consistently. Squeaks is also a reliable infantry for DoF, however this team has a lot more firepower in the cavalry department. Surreal, Wastee, and Alejandro can do some damage while pressing X and saying "games ****." It's almost as if those two words are what gives them their power. On the bench they also have talent with jjboyson, Dangle, and Vorn. KoA could pose a threat to the Defenders...

Number Three: Roaming Cavalry Company
    I think that this number three position may definitely change when DoF plays KoA. Until then, I'm going to have to put RCC in the number three slot. Staying true to their name they have very impressive cavalry, especially Rhine & Ahmed being their standout cav players. I find that RCC are also not lacking in the archer department, Whalefish and Valarr both being competent archers, Whalefish's little napoleon days are over... Cdjrcxx is a very solid infantry in my books, and is able to stand his ground. While I'm not confident that they could take Unknown in the finals, I think they can make a stand.

Top Three Contender: Kingdom of Avalon
    In my eyes, I see that KoA could leapfrog RCC if they put a good showing against DoF. Aporta is a key part of their team, and I see him causing ruckus for DoF's cavalry. I also see Brave & John being able to give Wegnas a run for his money in an archery duel. Godfrey supporting Aporta in cav battles will also be important. I honestly don't know too much about KoA's infantry, but I don't think that infantry is something they need to be worrying about against DoF.

A Class Teams
    Alligators with Hats
    It was a very close loss to KoA, and I feel like it wouldn't be insane to say that Alligators could've come away with a win there. They have solid infantry in Canton and Sloppy, a token archer in Percival, and solid cavalry in Ruthven and Sigi. Their bench also has some flexibility classwise. I wouldn't put it past them to take a game off someone in playoffs. This weeks game for them should be a breeze for them, and hopefully week 5 sees them safely into playoffs. Put on your OBEY hats boys...

Poughkeepsie State Flying Cougars
    A team I personally think a lot of people are sleeping on, it has a lot of talent in there and they could definitely give teams like AwH and KoA a run for their money. Their infantry line looking nice with Child, Dirty Savage, and Matt the Lord. Although, Matt is able to flex into cav if need be and I think that's useful for these guys. Though Incanuth can do good work by himself, and I think he's very much so a keyplayer for PSFC. FearSpear on archer is going to be able to do some work if need be. The match against HB will be interesting.

Honor Bound
    This is a team which I think will struggle a bit when it comes to matches in its class and above. Their archers are the highlight of HB, and it's honestly hard to fight against sometimes. Their coordination is very visible in their games, them being able to set up good crossfires, and their infantry's ability to turn the others inf's back to their archers is good. This is a well put together team overall. Their match against PSFC this coming week is definitely going to test their mettle, they need a good rebound after getting 6-0'd by UnK.

B Class Teams
    Ruby
    Ruby so far has gotten incredibly lucky with their schedule. Their star player award obviously has to go to Abuzut, him being capable of pulling a lot of weight as the only good archer for Ruby. Right behind him as a key player would have to be Landalore, him being able to help Fyren in the cavalry element, and being able to drop down to the infantry line with ease. Ruby's current sub pool is very infantry heavy. If they get a good win against GK they'll be cruising into the playoffs, where they'll really be tested.

Knock Out
    I haven't seen all that much from them from scrimmages, and my main experience with them has in pub games. I know that their cavalry is going to do a lot of their work, namely Twitchyy and Jbird. I honestly can't tell you all too much about them at all... All I know is that they're going to need an insane upset win against RCC.

Calradic Legion
    The improvement of these guys over the course of the tournament is insane. Their infantry line can be respected with Standard Spy and Scipio, Sig hasn't done awful in scrims to help out Octavius on cav, and Lemon to come help out Cessna in archery can be a good assistance. If these guys luck out week 5 after an almost guaranteed win against ST6, playoffs can be in question.

Golden Kingdom
    Not gonna lie, I don't really know much about these guys as a team. I've played a few players on their roster individually and they can hold their own, yet GK as a whole 6-stack is an unknown to me. Their game against Ruby is going to be tough for them, and Ruby should not think this is an easy win.

C Class Teams
    Kock Out
    I don't really know what to say about these guys, they haven't shown off too much during the tournament or their fixtures. They're going to need some insane luck and and some upsets to claw themselves into the playoffs. On the brightside, they should be getting an easy win against NL this week.

Numinous Beauty
    I think they had some individual talent on their team, although they are struggling to all get on for their game with Ruby. Their standout player would have to be Lemon and Impaled Water, who both play archer. regularly. They're going to need an insane upset against AwH.

Seal Team 6 of Siege
    Uh yeah I dont know anything about these guys except their record and that Purple is on their team. Hi Purple!

Northern Legion
    I'm not quite sure what their leadership expected going into this with 3 teams, and from what I get they hardly practice skirmish. All of their teams are struggling right now and I doubt they have much of a chance at any sort of shot at playoffs.

Solid read sidepleb. Some quality inside jokes and good analysis in there too.
  17. LEM()N

(Skirmish mode) The irrelevancy of 2 handed classes

If heavy inf didn't have access to projectiles and now with the speed disparity between 2-hand inf & heavy inf in the next patch, 2-handers are going to be untouchable with hit and runs. They could literally become shield eaters by doing one hit with a longer weapon then running away a bit with their soon to be sonic speeds. It would be up to cav and archers to take out 2-handers at that point
Back
Top Bottom