Search results for query: *

1. If anyone's still wondering about the perks...

Currently playing on 1.4.2 and all of those trade perks are working so website is absolutely accurate.

For inventory „profits marking” there are 75th lvl perks - Local Connection/Traveling Rumors. Tested for 55th time about five minutes ago. Check it and have fun :wink:
    I believe they are talking here about the first perk you get at 25, which should color the item prices on the right side of the screen, which used to work for a short while and now definitely doesn't. IIRC the perk at 75 colors the items on the left side of the screen (in the shop). That one is working.
    It would be really strange since we play the same version of the game that we would get such different behavior.
  2. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Problems with companion parties in your army

1. They recruit over their max number. They don't seem to do it any more in villages/towns after a fix, but they still do it after a battle where some prisoners are freed and can be taken on as troops. 2. They happily gift your hard-earned elite troops whenever you (as an army) enter a friendly...
  3. About Leadership skill

3 Garrisons will magically discipline your fully cooked bandit troops into normal troops. Don't know if this will get patched out and I don't think it works on troops that would require a warhorse (not sure), but it turns forest bandit into Fians and that's the best use of this perk.
    I've seen multiple people mention this on the forum, but I don't know if you know (haven't seen it mentioned), it also works if you have a companion in your army as a separate party. Give them bandits ready for upgrade, inspect their troops again later (not sure exactly how much later) and they've been upgraded. Can't confirm 100%, but I think it also works for troops that require horses. I believe they've done this so AI lords could upgrade troops normally, without having to 'teach' them to buy horses as necessary.
    This is more practical than the garrison since you can do it 'on the way' (if you're at a point and choose to lead an army composed of your clan's parties). Let's not speak about the other two major problems in this case, namely that your companions over-recruit above allowed number as well as gifting your hard-earned elite soldiers left and right whenever you visit a friendly town or castle.
    Edit: and the third problem as well: you, as an ARMY/CLAN LEADER, should have first dibs on all prisoners after a battle. The way it is now, after winning a major army-vs-army battle, I can't count I will get any of the many lords we've slain, so don't have any control over if I want to execute them or release them for improving relations or anything. This is retarded. Sorry for the off-topic, I guess this calls for its own thread.
  4. If anyone's still wondering about the perks...

I wonder if they were discussing morrowing and oblivions weird skill bonus system
    "I can't think of anything more counter intuitive and annoying..."
    "...I CAN...."
    "Motivating" the player to actively avoid parts of gameplay so they don't hinder their own progress???
    That's not a design omission. That's just plain retarded. No two ways about it.
  5. If anyone's still wondering about the perks...

Your character level gives no benefit and give a global reduction to learning speed of all skills.
    I didn't know this.
    Why isn't this shown in the Learning rate tool tip? There it says it only depends on the relevant Attribute and Focus points.
    If what you're saying is true, this is a lame mechanic and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
  6. If anyone's still wondering about the perks...

For me, I just hate how I literally have to race to get companions in BL so I don't passively increase skills I have no interest in, which in turn screws me in the late game.
    I don't understand this. Could you clarify, please?
    If you don't invest any Attribute/Focus points in the skills you don't plan to personally develop (for example scouting), it's still beneficial to delay the hiring of companions with those skills because you can still get some points for them and that will be like bonus points for leveling your character.
    How does this screw you in any way?
  7. If anyone's still wondering about the perks...

That said you can wipe out the AI and take the map with just what in the game. So in that sense perks aren't essential.
    But, arguably, there is more pleasure in the journey than in reaching the goal.
    So the perks, such as they are, are essential, especially since there are many missing/unfinished systems at the moment.
    What exactly are we early accessing now? An empty shell? That's not fun. Players need to be able to enjoy the game and have somewhat meaningful "full playthroughs" at every stage of development since release, which would keep them entertained (and the games are entertainment) while the studio builds up the game to its "final" state, whatever that is.
    They should have implemented the perks as they read in the game now, so that players would have better sense of progression and accomplishment, and then change them whenever they get to it (which anyone with half a brain there could have known wouldn't be "next week" or something).
  8. To anyone who says "Buggy mess after 8 years"

I am aware of the loops they had to jump through, several dozen copyright holders etc. but still nothing that had to do with much developing stuff, mostly "just" legal issues.
    Don't get me wrong i love CDPR and i absolutely love them for GOG, but never praise anyone, especially in this industry, into a glorified god status.
    We probably got different impressions from that story, then. That's fine.
    I have never and will never give anyone a "god status". But why should I "never praise anyone", if I think it's deserved?
    Maybe I had more appreciation than you for their success story because I lived my childhood in a similar post-communist environment and can relate to many of the difficulties they might have faced in that atmosphere.
  9. To anyone who says "Buggy mess after 8 years"

... they just had to translate things/patch games to run on newer machines.
    "Just", huh? There's a great documentary about them on the Internet. Check it out. You'll see how many seemingly insurmountable hurdles they faced on their path, and managed to get through that phase by sheer diligence. Nothing to sneeze at. Gesundheit!
    In the times they started, in the place they started, I'm sure many a grandma said "why are you wasting your time on those silly activities?", but it didn't affect them, as it shouldn't.

How else would you explain the fact that countries like Indonesia, India and Nigeria have only made a small handful of video games, despite having had massive pools of coders for decades now?
    If there's a great family/social pressure there to have a "decent" job, how come then their families were ok with massive numbers of them becoming Internet scammers?
  10. SP - General Massive list of community suggestions (originally written on steam by WhiteGryff)

Seriously though what the hell. M&B a fast-paced RPG Action, lol?
    Yea, I was honestly shocked when I read that. Couldn't believe they weren't aware what (potential) they have in their hands.
    It goes without saying that the game's potential is Ridiculously immense, but the way TW has so far gone with it, doesn't give me the impression they recognise that potential fully and thoroughly...
    I've seen this several times before. It's a kind of "business" logic (with which I disagree but what do I know) of reducing the game design to the lowest common denominator so as to cast as wide a net as possible to catch as many players as they can. Their common mantra is: "today's (young) players have a short attention span and wouldn't bother to play more engaging and demanding games", which may partially be true, but IMO not nearly as much as is commonly thought among developers.
    The most glaring example of this that pops to mind is the "X: Rebirth" fiasco by Egosoft from several years ago.
  11. SP - General Massive list of community suggestions (originally written on steam by WhiteGryff)

Context.

He's talking about live battles in that message, though I disagree regardless.
    I'm aware of that, but his statement clearly shows how they see their game: fast-paced RPG Action, which clashes with almost all items on your list, so the context is there.
  12. SP - General Massive list of community suggestions (originally written on steam by WhiteGryff)

Well ****.
    Why this sudden comment almost three months after your last one?
    Finally realized 99.9% of this list isn't even on their "would like to do" list?
    Real shame, but, as their CM said:
    ...something along those lines would be too complex to use as a player and draw the game out too much, ultimately detracting from the fast-paced action and gameplay.
  13. [POLL] Let's prioritize problems of the game for developers!

Perks. You forgot to list perks...
    He mentioned them under RPG Elements, although he said "balance and improvement to perks" which is kind of funny since they're not even implemented yet.
  14. I'm sorry but I finally give up, what the hell are TW doing? Nothing new in 3 weeks. Whoever is managing this team needs the boot.

In shogun 2 there was sinc animations all over the place. And my PC was able to field 4k units in one battle. In bl i cant go even with 1000
    Haven't played Total War since the first one way back. What I described I recently saw in a Let's Play (I believe it was Total War: Warhammer 2). Can't comment on other games in the franchise.
    Also, dude, where have you been the last couple of pages where they were persuading me this type of battle can't be done and hasn't been done in any other game?
  15. I'm sorry but I finally give up, what the hell are TW doing? Nothing new in 3 weeks. Whoever is managing this team needs the boot.

Ok, we'll agree to disagree.
    So you just ignore my other evidence, nice one. You asked me why i think that, i explained. Im not trying to prove anything. Im not showing you "evidence".
    I'll just clarify something here. I wasn't saying you were showing me or not showing me evidence, what I meant by that was: the fact there's no evidence of games like Bannerlord existing out there doesn't mean that it can't be done. That's all.
    Anyway, have a great week.
  16. I'm sorry but I finally give up, what the hell are TW doing? Nothing new in 3 weeks. Whoever is managing this team needs the boot.

How can it be proven that it can be done? Literally no one has done it.
    Done what? Made Bannerlord clone? Come on.
    I said I disagreed with his statement, not that I have proof contrary to his claim. We both stated what we base our opinions on. My belief is that his opinion is based on his lack of knowledge of various engine's capabilities. I follow that topic with some interest and based on what I gathered, I am confident it can be done. Of course I could be wrong because there's no definitive proof either way. Granted, his claim would be practically impossible to prove because you can't ever prove a negative, so we're basically just talking probabilities here, of which we are differently persuaded.

Edit: take a look at what @Kentucky James VII said above:
    Bannerlord uses a fast rendering technique for animated meshes (i.e. soldiers and horses) which is frankly revolutionary and hasn't been tried anywhere else as far as I know. The thing is, you could potentially jerry-rig something like this into unreal or unity. There is nothing special about the engine taleworlds is using and nothing inherently incompatible about the rendering technique they developed.
    That is precisely my understanding of the matter.
  17. I'm sorry but I finally give up, what the hell are TW doing? Nothing new in 3 weeks. Whoever is managing this team needs the boot.

WHO is pulling it off and delivering is all that matters.
    It may be all that matters TO YOU, but the original claim was that it can't be done and I disagreed with that claim, not belittling TW's achievement in any way.

Btw, I completely agree with you re Total War. Its battles look just silly next to Bannerlord's where you can see the cause of every bit of damage for every soldier, as opposed to two battle groups waving their weapons in the general direction of each other and soldiers falling dead for no apparent reason.
  18. I'm sorry but I finally give up, what the hell are TW doing? Nothing new in 3 weeks. Whoever is managing this team needs the boot.

Isn't that what early access is?

This is a genuine question, not a reminder of the game being in early access and it is not a comment to excuse anything because of EA.
    The way I see it, the terms are not mutually exclusive. Alpha, Beta and so on speak about the game's state of completeness. Early Access designates when players get access to the game (before or after it's 'finished'). So one doesn't exclude the other, nor do they describe the same thing.
  19. I'm sorry but I finally give up, what the hell are TW doing? Nothing new in 3 weeks. Whoever is managing this team needs the boot.

I think its at beta stage.
    As you know my first statement was people are comparing a fully finished and polished game to a beta game. Now you say this game isn't even beta. This only makes my statement stronger. People are comparing a fully finished and polished game to an alpha game.
    Here you accepted my claim the game isn't even in beta because you thought it makes your statement stronger. Now it's beta again? Make up your mind.
    They aren't making anyone do anything any you imply they do by saying " you can't MAKE anyone do s**t, otherwise it's called violence." If you didn!t imply that your way of using words is highly wrong.
    Two non-native speakers discussing intricacies of the English language. Fun!
    My sentence means: If you make anyone do anything (which means they didn't want to do it), then it's called violence. Since they CAN'T make anyone do anything, it isn't violence. OTHERWISE (the first case) it WOULD BE called violence.
    I can't make it any clearer than this. Could some native speakers help here?
    You don't need to break atoms by yourself to know about atoms, or you don't need to dissect a human to know where hearth is. Just like these examples I don't need to be gabe newell to know about game development. Other that that I make indie game in my university's game development club, and I didn't pushed it to the limit. If you wonder how I know unity can't handle such battles.
    Firstly, in a live Q&A with devs, this question was asked, why make an engine? And one of the reason was other engines are made to create much diverse games with every bit of feature in mind. They support everything a bit. But mb games push some features to limit and some features almost non. Essentially there was no way of getting this massive battles without this engine.
    That's what I said. At the time they started on their engine, other engines couldn't do what they needed them to.
    Secondly, in Gamescom 2019, while tw is showcasing multiplayer to public. Dev team of Kindgom Come Deliverence(uses unreal engine), came to booth and asked armagan yavuz how are they managing those massive battles so smoothly, they were shocked. They were trying big battle but its impossible to them. This is a rephrase from that Q&A.
    I said I applauded TW's technical proficiency. What does it have to do with other engine's capabilities?
    Speaking of Unity's capabilities:

Battle of 80,000 units
    (this was in 2017 and playing in Unity Editor (not built for platform); it's not Bannerlord type battle, but it's not Bannerlord numbers either)

4.5M renderers, 100K audio sources, 5K vehicles, 200K unique individual objects @ 60fps
    (this was in 2018; and it plays on a frickin' phone!)

Lastly, simple one, there is no game this massive.
    Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    Dude the thing is gaming industry is not developed. They may be not best devs but that is due to lack of experienced developers. In that Q&A they said in 2016 they wanted to grow the studio because of lack of experienced developers. And the thing is they can't couldn't bring experienced devs from europe or america because firstly its extremely expensive, its almost 30 times of wage of regular turkish developer.
    Secondly, while the was in development a lot happened in turkey. There was the biggest terror attack in history of turkey, at that time turism was almost none think about it, why would an experienced developer come to turkey and risk his/her life? And then there was a coup attemt. which again shook the whole country. And now turkey is getting worse economically.
    I think Turkey is a decently sized country (not small by any means). I would have thought it would be more difficult to find a talented engine programmer like that guy you mentioned than game designers. They are usually a dime a dozen. How have they made so successful game in the first place if they didn't have capable designers / other type of developers? Plus they were bound to have learned a lot from that first experience (or multiple experiences, considering expansions). What happened to them afterwards? How have they suddenly lost their newly acquired skills?
    So you're saying the reason for the game's current faults are bad events in the country, and then you say the things are getting worse. Then what makes you think the game is going to be fine in the end?
  20. I'm sorry but I finally give up, what the hell are TW doing? Nothing new in 3 weeks. Whoever is managing this team needs the boot.

As you know my first statement was people are comparing a fully finished and polished game to a beta game. Now you say this game isn't even beta. This only makes my statement stronger. People are comparing a fully finished and polished game to an alpha game.
    My point was about have they honestly represented it as Alpha? I think not, you may feel otherwise. It's fine.
    Also i didn't say they make by using force. They make you want it by making it appealing. You could have waited until release. But you choose to buy it because you couldn't wait. And you pay the prize willingly. Where is the violation?
    If you choose to reply, please read my words carefully. I said "OTHERWISE it's called violence", which means they DIDN'T make anyone do anything.
    Dude, I never played the original game. I heard about Bannerlord by someone's Let's Play showing up in my Recommended feed on YouTube. I liked what I saw and bought it. Never said I regretted the purchase (quite the opposite). This doesn't mean I can't criticize developers' conduct if I think there's something to criticize (which I do, mostly because I would like to enjoy the game even more and I can't fathom some of their actions/non-actions).
    With unity there is no way of getting 1000 individual ai to have this kind of battles.
    I sense some Dunning-Kruger at play here.
    Never mind the outcome of our discussion, I obviously have nothing better to do at the moment, but I'm genuinely curious:
    What makes you say these things? Have you worked with Unity? Have you pushed Unity to its max to be able to say this (and how would you know if you've pushed it to its max)? These are not rhetorical questions. I'd really like to know what goes on in your head when you decide to proclaim these things publicly. Do you think no experienced Unity developer (or someone who is familliar with Unity's capabilities) would possibly read your post? Or you're subconsciously aware of this possibility but choose to disregard it anyway because you just don't care? Fascinating.
    Even though many say bannerlord is optimized poorly (which it is atm) fail to see its success.
    I loudly applaud part of TW's technical team for what they've done. In terms of graphic capabilities and similar parts of the game, even if they stay as-is by final release, I wouldn't complain at all. I don't find enjoyment in flashy graphics, but in deep gameplay (of which there is none at the moment).
    I can't praise the other parts of their team at all. In my eyes, they failed and are failing pretty bad.
    Game design - poor
    Artwork - pretty good (certainly adequate for my requirements)
    AI - so-so (much room AND NEED for improvement)
    Management - a joke

Revverie above says you can't count 8 years of development because they were making new engine for many years (which, according to Bloc, isn't even completely accurate). Then what were designers doing all those years? They've had plenty of time to come up with and iron out even the smallest aspects of the game (especially considering they already had much from the original game to go by). Doesn't seem like they did that at all.
    No other game can achive this battle atmosphere, and probably wont be able to for a long time.
    You have no idea what you're talking about.
Back
Top Bottom