Search results for query: *

1. SetArk

SP - World Map Movement, Travel and Options.

Hail! One thing that would be nice to see, is the addition of Roads, or even better, travel paths that can be turned into real roads by those in power. They could have a cost to be kept, and give an boost to travel speed. Maybe, when you click on a road, or on some specific node on a road, you...
  2. SetArk

Paid double for a buggy game and feeling like a stupid now!

Epic Games is burning THEIR money, to try and take down Steam.
    Those discounts? They are been paid by Epic Games wallet.
    TaleWorlds have no say in this, saddly. That's an business strategy that Epic Games is trying to employ to break Steam "monopoloy".
    Is it effective? Yes.
    Is it moral? I don't think so, it makes situations like this, where they on the guise of fighting a monopoly and trying to "pose as consumer friendly" they're actually creating discord on the community at large.
  3. SetArk

SP - General Some suggestions from a guy that spends to much time around reddit and nexus.

Another thing i've thought and seen floating around.

Ruins. Castle Ruins and maybe "Settlement Ruins", infested by bandits, maybe specific and more developed bandits hideouts, with named leaders that can be sieged, invaded, taken by the player to start their kingdom.
    The pre-requisite of having a Settlement to be able to create their kingdom is fair, but it would be nice if there were a way,other than maximizing trade to buy a Fief, to get a Fief without entering the services of another ruler.
    And there comes the Ruins.
    Old castles, that act like special bandit hideouts, that once taken, could be transformed into a Castle, or even a Town if you could position one on the map and make sense (Maybe, on the far southern deserts!)
    And, someone questioned to me, who would be the villagers? Well,on my eyes, i would repeat the sameas it's said on dragon age inquisition.
    "If we build, they will come".

On my vision, the villages on map, aren't the ONLY villages around, there are probably more housing on those fields we traverse, but not enough to be relevant to be called a village.
    People go to villages, because they produce something more, they are near towns or castles. So the same could be said for an recently reformed castle.

Another idea, would be that, at the start of the single player game, SOME of the castles around the map are taken by outlaws, and may be reclaimed by the AI or the PC. Maybe, even give the Outlaws more personality, add some "Non-Kingdom" factions that can try and take\raid villages and castles.

I know that the crunch of the game is around the nobles and lords, and of course the BANNER. But adding more pieces on the board, giving more options is always a good thing.
  4. SetArk

SP - General Some suggestions from a guy that spends to much time around reddit and nexus.

Hail! Hope that some devs may end up reading this! First thing to say. Oh god i love this game. This game have so MUCH POTENTIAL. It's great right now (Getting on 350 hours played on my steam right now...) Second, my english isn't my native, so if i end up sounding stiff or making some really...
  5. SetArk

[UNPOPULAR OPINION] The amount of "mods" on nexus will KILL the game

I can understand your concern.
    But,i would point out to Skyrim, Morrowind, Oblivion. Freak, any game from Bethesda Dev Studio (notPublisher, the Devs)
    Their games, are basically timeless, because of mod support.
    Today, i can download my morrowind and with a couple of hours of looking through nexus, i can have a way better experience than i had in the past.
    Same with Skyrim.
    And those games had the same problem of lots of "mods", or "Tweaks" during the first few months of the game out.
    But, at the long term, what keept the games alive for years were mods.
    I didn't play Warband,but for what i've seen around the community, the same can be said for that game, the lifespam of a game from 2010, even with expansions,been actively played at 2020 is amazing. And it's not only thanks to a good game, but thanks to modding.
    Give time, wait for the modding tools to come out, and specially for the devs to finish cleaning the base game and putting all the features in.
    Until then, the early, more crude mods are here to be an helping hand.

About people complaning about broken saves on EA game and specially modded game.
    It's innocence. At least i would point out that those people, are probably people that have never meddled with early level stage modding. Specially on a EA game.

Freak,i lost count of Colonies i've bricked on Rimworld while it was still on Alfa, no mods. Just because a patch broke the previous colonies.
    That's part of the dangers of buying a EA game, specially a complex game like RW and Bannerlord are.
    But look at RW now. Out of EA, first Expansion on, and the modding community even helped the devs into adding features, that the community at large wanted and the devs haven't thought of yet (I'm looking at you bridges...)
    And of course, the modding community of RW now is so freaking big, that there are mods that could be seen as real expansions, like Rimworld of Magic, Rim of Madness, Save our Ship that freaking added SPACE BATTLES on what was originally a simple colony simulator inspired by dwarven fortress but with guns.

So again, have patience, if you don't, go back into Warband and wait for Bannerlord to get into a stable, out of EA state, if you don't want to deal with bricked saves.

Sorry for long text, but god dammit, modding is a passion of mine. I really should learn how to code...
Back
Top Bottom