Search results for query: *

1. Szentgyörgyi

Nerf cavalry in Multiplayer

Cavalry is too good on pub servers,
    Cavalry is just another class with advantages and tradeoffs.
    and too cheap.
    It's already the most expensive class. And if you're a dedicated cavalry player your favorite class is gated behind getting good at other classes (ie. if you're bad at infantry or archery you'll never get the $ to pick cavalry). So while the last price hike for the cavalry class did filter out a lot of cavalry players, the ones that persisted are now good with other classes too.
    Cav is absolutely the best class to own in TDM, and there are no real counters to it.
    Terrain and polearms are good counters. Situational awareness also helps.
  2. Szentgyörgyi

Need More Info Crash every time I start an assault on a northern city/castle (with snow)

See if reverting to an older (v 23.5.2) amd gpu driver solves this issue.
    Seems like a consistent issue with amd.
  3. Szentgyörgyi

Need More Info Game crashing when entering town scene, with possible solution

Could be. I've just tried lowering the texture settings to low (im on 5700 xt) then entering Charas, and this time the scene has actually loaded in, but then still instantly crashed like it would before ,just in the scene instead of during the loading screen.
    Try installing the older driver I suggested, see if that helps.
  4. Szentgyörgyi

I retested the issue, it still persists with the latest version (1.2.7) of the game.
    The workaround of using older drivers still works, so that's good news.
  5. Szentgyörgyi

@Megas Hmm, I just read your crash report thread, you might not be experiencing the same issue. Are you getting an alert window with the message including something like 'd3d_device_context_ -> Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed!'?
  6. Szentgyörgyi

At first glance my bet would be on

> Performance drop may be experienced for DirectX® 11 games on AMD Radeon™ RX 5600 XT when AMD SmartAccess Memory is Enabled. As a temporary workaround, users encountering this are recommended to disable SmartAccess Memory in the Performance Tuning Page.

I'm going to test to see if disabling that on latest drivers does anything.
    Tested this, installed latest driver, disabled SAM, crash still occurring, so that's not it.
  7. Szentgyörgyi

so the game still crashes on an older version or?
    Try installing version 23.5.2. I suggest a clean install, use DDU.
  8. Szentgyörgyi

So from the driver release notes we have
    Fixed Issues

Certain virtual reality games or applications may encounter suboptimal performance or occasional stuttering on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
    Application crash or driver timeout may be observed during playback of AV1 video content using DaVinci Resolve™ Studio.
    Improvements to high idle power when using select 4k@144Hz FreeSync enabled displays or multimonitor display configurations (such as 4k@144HZ or 4k@120Hz + 1440p@60Hz display) using on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
    Intermittent corruption may be observed playing WWE 2K23™ on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX.
    Intermittent corruption may be observed after switching windows while playing Nioh 2™ on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 XT.
    Improvements to performance while playing The Great War: Western Front™.

Known Issues

Application crash may be intermittently observed while playing RuneScape™ on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 5700 XT.
    Intermittent corruption may be observed around some player models while playing Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix+™ on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XT.
    Stuttering may be observed while playing Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II with Radeon™ Anti-Lag enabled. As a temporary solution, users encountering this are recommended to disable the Anti-Lag in the per-game settings.
    Performance Metrics Overlay may report N/A for FPS on various games.
    Display signal may be lost after switching windows on certain Adaptive-Sync enable displays on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX.
    Higher than expected GPU Memory Utilization when using certain Record and Stream settings such as Instant Replay.
    Performance drop may be experienced for DirectX® 11 games on AMD Radeon™ RX 5600 XT when AMD SmartAccess Memory is Enabled. As a temporary workaround, users encountering this are recommended to disable SmartAccess Memory in the Performance Tuning Page.

At first glance my bet would be on

> Performance drop may be experienced for DirectX® 11 games on AMD Radeon™ RX 5600 XT when AMD SmartAccess Memory is Enabled. As a temporary workaround, users encountering this are recommended to disable SmartAccess Memory in the Performance Tuning Page.

I'm going to test to see if disabling that on latest drivers does anything.
  9. Szentgyörgyi

Did some more testing, trying to figure out which driver update would trigger the issue.
    From my testing the latest working version is 23.5.2, while the next version available from AMD's website, 23.7.1, will trigger the crash.

Edit: I didn't test all of them, went with 23.2.1 -> 23.5.2 -> 23.8.1 -> 23.7.1 to narrow it down easily, assuming the issue isn't fixed/regressing anywhere.
  10. Szentgyörgyi

I'll do some more testing later today, try to find out which driver update introduced changes that trigger the issue.
    Though it has to be said I don't remember having this issue with any other video game.

It might be the case of Bannerlord's engine relying on gpu drivers to work in a certain way, then when the drivers are updated the rug is pulled out from under Bannerlord and we get these crashes.

the procesor or the video card?
    Video card.
  11. Szentgyörgyi

Need More Info [Mount Blade 2 Bannerlord] Crash As soon as I set foot in a city

Anyone reading this thread: check out https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ing-town-scene-with-possible-solution.460866/

Did some digging, seems like reverting to older AMD driver fixes this issue.
  12. Szentgyörgyi

Summary: GPU driver crashes when entering certain town scenes with error message: d3d_device_context_ -> Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed! The GPU device instance has been suspended How to Reproduce: Have latest AMD drivers. Have any version of Bannerlord. Try entering certain town...
  13. Szentgyörgyi

try Performance LOW, with shadows turned OFF. Then you'll know if it's linked to shaders.
    Tried it, all settings at minimum, everything disabled, still consistently crashing in Amitatys town scene.

Out of curiosity I tested it on Linux too with proton, and I cannot reproduce it there, can walk around Amytatis without issues. Haven't had the time to test it extensively to see if the crash can be triggered any other way.

Also tested with dxvk on Windows, just to see if Vulkan had anything to do with fixing the crash on Linux, but it still crashed with dxvk.
  14. Szentgyörgyi

Lately I've been experiencing the same crash described in this thread.
    Sometimes it happens at the beginning of sieges, more rarely in some battle scenes.
    I can trigger it consistently by entering a town scene (Amitatys) from the town menu.

Happens both with and without mods. Also tried a fresh install, shader cache purged, new game, still happens.
    Tried increasing the pagefile size (0GB -> 4GB), doesn't make a difference. Should I increase it further?

Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
    RAM: 32 GB
  15. Szentgyörgyi

Make Cav Stronger Again

Please make (at least lower tier) cavalry more available. As it stands now, cavalry players are forced to play other roles, and we have to be good at those for a chance of playing with our preferred class once we accumulate enough coin.

Contrast this to naked 2 handers, another high impact class, which has a much lower barrier to entry (ie. lower initial cost, easier to find a 2h laying on the ground than finding a good lance + chasing down a horse).
  16. Szentgyörgyi

EU will review daylight saving time

kurczak said:
    having sunrise at 7:30 instead of 8:30

You know daylight cycle is constant, the way we measure time of day is arbitrary. So it should be 'having 7:30 instead of 8:30 at sunrise'.
    I'm all for keeping either time all year round, whoever isn't happy with it can adjust their schedule.
    Though the best solution would be to abolish all silly time constructs like daylight saving time, timezones, counting the year based on some dude's birthday, months etc. and adopt the one true solution, Unix time. Then we can move on to more meaningful debates, like what to do about leap seconds.
  17. Szentgyörgyi

Dev Blog 18/01/18

low-fantasy setting

I would debate Mount&Blade franchise being low-fantasy. Fictional yes, but in no case low-fantasy, as that would require having supernatural elements, which I'm pretty confident have no presence whatsoever in M&B. And that is for the better, in my book anyway, that for me was the biggest selling point back when I was introduced to this game, pure medieval warfare with no spells attached. It filled a niche that was so overlooked back in the day, ultimately becoming the pioneer of a new genre.

Anyone's welcome to debate my argument. Though I remember reading about the alpha versions of the original M&B having some kind of supernatural elements, someone can probably correct me on that, it doesn't really count any more. Also you could attribute Harlaus' obsession with butter to some supernatural force, but that is just speculation  :lol:

Regarding critique of why you guys are writing about 'stuff we already know', people don't realize these developer blog entries aren't exclusively meant for the existing fan base. These posts get shared on other websites, and they're a good source of information for people unfamiliar with the franchise. They also give insight on inner workings of the development team, which I doubt most of us were familiar with before these blog posts. I think it's good PR work, I enjoy them a lot, please keep them coming.
  18. Szentgyörgyi

Latest stable version?

After a long brake from M&B I'm eager to jump back in and play some Viking Conquest. But reading through recent threads, it seems a lot of stuff is broken after  v2.03X, so I'm reluctant to start a new playthrough. Does anyone know what the last stable version is?
  19. Szentgyörgyi

Dev Blog 23/11/17

578 said:
    Taleworlds, you really need to put more effort in names. I have noticed some of the city names sound too generic or stupid and it also extends further to character names. I saw the Battanian leader is called ''Caladog''. Do you expect me to take seriously anyone with 'dog' in his name?

Maybe his name is written right to left, and it's actually 'Godalac'.
Back
Top Bottom