Search results for query: *

1. PijeIBije

Checklist for TW to finish mp

This time will be different right guys? This time they will listen.
  2. PijeIBije

typical multiplayer experience as of now

I played on warbands dying (or not really dying actually) servers long after uninstalling bannerlord and can confirm that although it's far from the experience Mount and blade multiplayer gives chivalry 2 is closest. In fact if there was a server that disables attacks going through multiple people and made team damage much more punishable in terms of combat that game could reliably carry ale the mnb fans that got shat on by tw until some proper mnb mp substitute happens.
  3. PijeIBije

Devs have abandoned MP, time to leave the game

It has been obvious for two years now that mp development isn't going the right way. It was very simple to observe the tempo of changes and realise it's too slow for mp to become enjoyable in any sensible time.

Personally I really really feel for people that quit only recently. You guys knew in your hearts that deciding to stick around had very little chance to end up being worth it. Now here you are, two years of frustrations and nothing but wasted life in return.

For those of you that still decide to stay: with everything you've seen so far, please simulate in your heads the state of the game after 3 years from now, when given the slow pace it would be supposedly finished. What do you think it will be? Warband 2, full of players with 100 mods? Or dead corpse, with no custom servers, skins, badges and other brain junk food and few awkward "competitive" modes?
  4. PijeIBije

Any news on PW or PK thats really all that matters.

That is the sad consequence of getting someone to pay you money for something broken. You have to listen to all kinds of screeching and the only way out is to either undo the transaction or fix the product.
  5. PijeIBije

Curving Projectiles? - please tell me its not a feature

Basically due to tiny lag on your client you throw in different direction than on the server (in different moment in time) and then when client gets back the actuall direction of the projectile to sync things up instead of teleporting the projectile to the correct trajectory it curves the path instead. Xd maybe.
  6. PijeIBije

A fix I had in mind to the ramboing issues

It's a great idea (the key thing being making player controlled model matter more than the rest), but the other side of the problem is cav ai being exceptionally bad in relation to the cost of the single model. Part of reason for cav ramboing is full squad charges being not woth it. They need to really improve cav ai first, maybe even with inclusion of harassing mode (similar to what player does) and some behaviours that really increase survivability (avoiding piercing damage etc).

Anyways I never really liked that there is close to 0 penalty to dying as captain. There is still an active warband server with modded captain mode and if you die there, you loose control of your squad for the rest of the round (they just charge). If I could choose I would have this for bannerlord as well, but made the captain model significantly stronger version of the regular models to balance the penalty.
  7. PijeIBije

What's the end goal?

The end goal is basically a melee e sport game as big as Cs go
  8. PijeIBije

Bannerlord Singleplayer and Bannerlord Multiplayer are two separate games that just happen to use the same engine.

Imagine you start a company that makes vehicles. It turns out people really like your cars and trucks, but bikes not so much. Sure some people bought them and even advise you how you could improve them but you already made huge profits of the first two products and it's simply not worth it to take care of that small but demanding portion of customers...

This is exactly the situation with Bannerlord. There is some old screenshot from discord of conversation with a dev that explains mp crowd is tiny enough to simply not matter (they even mentioned that shutting down mp altogether wouldn't mean much in terms of financial loses). Even now the game is Very Positive on steam and you all know it's because of SP.

Personally I think that is all there is to it, unfortunately. SP feature came out better so the resources are focused on it. MP came out worse, so it's left to die out. That's it.

The real "cruelty" here is something different though. It's actually the existence of this forum.
    Think about it: there are pages to no end of all levels of insults towards the developers with close to no response either on the forums or in form of actual development of things mp people want. The things that actually get implemented with the little resources left for mp seem to be really disconnected from the rude feedback. In every other game forum insults of this caliber would be moderated into oblivion, but here they are not. Try say something racist or sexist though and the reaction will be swift.

Why is that? It's simple:

The very lax moderation in regards to insulting developers is to provide a discrete place for venting frustration of unfortunate players that ended up in the "unimportant" portion of customers. I think TW deliberately allows flaming on this forum that most customers doesn't even know about so that the game doesn't get bad comments on for example steam or reddit or whatever main mass of players uses. It's a place for all you MP passionate gamers to cry till you die and you do it out of sight of other people that actually enjoy the main features of the game.

Now you know what you all gonna do?

"LLALALALALALALALALLALAA didn't hear that, TW when will you implement XYZ omg u suck as devs"
  9. PijeIBije

For those who still think, that the skins wouldn't be monetized

Skins are not OK. I liked that in warband every piece of gear had at least tiny bit different stats. Very immersive. So far in bannerlord this is still a thing so if they add skins on top of that it will be very confusing. Like is this a different spear or the same one but different skin. Another bad decision.
  10. PijeIBije

not every weapon should be able to be sheathed, like pikes

I saw this made in some warband mod. I think it was named vikingr. Was pretty cool actually.
  11. PijeIBije

Let me explain something because you don't understand

Imagine there is bad marriage. The dude is an alcoholic and is beating and verbally abusing his wife on regular basis. The wife doesn't want to leave him because she remembers times when he was a good boy and she thinks that noone else would be better for her anyways. So she stays begging him to...
  12. PijeIBije

Please TW give the patchie

I know things seem a bit slow-moving on the MP front as of late, but I can assure you that we are working hard on some larger updates. More recently, we have been working on some significant combat updates along with new perks and general balancing, which we have been testing with a closed community testing group. We also continue to work on the panned features for MP that we have announced in the Statement regarding plans for MP posts. We just need a little more time to get them ready to go to beta and then live.
    I imagine at this point you must have some tough time writing stuff like that with straight face XDDD.
  13. PijeIBije

Bannerlord Online mod

Oh man this mod is like successfully convincing a cop of being wrong. No good way out of it. Either a legal action is coming or final blow to devs reputation.
  14. PijeIBije

Classic mode for bannerlord

Oh man this is madness. You guys still into "classess vs eq selection" debate long after TW themselves admitted mp in bannerlord is not worth it cuz they made enough from sp. Rip your sanities.
  15. PijeIBije

Instant Camera Snapback | Proof of Concept

Tw needs to patch this out fast. Not realistic to snap your neck back to front positon so fast.
  16. PijeIBije

Multiplayer mods can't be made until 2024 unless we find an alternative

I'm lighting a candle on this monument to alienating the playerbase.
  17. PijeIBije

archers should not have direct access to twohanded weapons.

But what is an archer? Are you mad for having your expectations subverted?
  18. PijeIBije

Face paint and character creation Q?

Please refrain from using downright hurtful terms like "male" or "female". I really hope TW eventually wakes up and bans them all together like in the following example:

Emlkuo6WEAcbAf_.jpg
  19. PijeIBije

Multiplayer mods can't be made until 2024 unless we find an alternative

Hey @Callum any news regarding this topic?
    * Any even loose date for allowing custom servers?
    * Can you confirm they will be coming at all?
    * Will they be moddable?
Back
Top Bottom