Search results for query: *

1. KyDeezy

More control over Death options

Not good enough. That leaves people like me out in the cold. You see, I don't like the main quest, but I still won't play sandbox, because it axes your siblings. I like the siblings being in the game.

So for anyone who wants to play with the siblings in, but without DIB, your suggestion is a big "**** you."
    In my last 3 runs on 1.5.9, my 2 younger siblings are seriously underdeveloped, by the time they're 18, they have a total of like 10 attribute points and their skills are between 0 and 20. My older brother is a fantastic governor, though his attribute points don't match his skill levels and focus points - as is a general issue with all companions.
  2. KyDeezy

The ladders worked, the towers worked, the AI worked, everything just worked

It's not his area, and he's said before that the current problems with pathing in sieges are not an AI problem (I'm not sure what he means by that, but it might mean the navmesh on the map is wrong but the AI is working fine-- if Bannerlord is the type of game that runs on navmeshes. Just speculation).

The modding community can't make much progress on the code, because it is full of roadblocks which force them to rewrite absolutely everything (taking an incredibly long period of time nobody is willing to do). People have already tried fixing the sieges, and while they got the ladders kind of working in Realistic Battle Mod, towers are still totally wanked.

Mods should be for expanding the game. If they're being used to fix serious problems with the base game, there's something very wrong.

Most negative posters in these forums still have some hope it can still get the improvements it needs to be a more enjoyable, immersive, and replayable game that isn't as frustrating, bland and shallow. I think there's a 50% chance it's going to be good by the end of EA, and a 50% chance that whatever's going wrong at TW keeps happening and the game is released left with mechanics in an unfinished or unbalanced state.

I don't hope for it to be the game where you can do anything- just Warband+ what was said in devblogs. If they can manage that I will be happy and I have always thought that was quite a reasonable expectation to have.

@Ragratt Rather than pressuring TW to release now, pressure them to pick up the pace of their work. If they release the game how it is now, I severely doubt we will ever get total conversion mods in any significant quantity because of the way the game's code works right now.
    ??
  3. KyDeezy

Bannerlord Comprehensive List of Implemented Perks (1.5.4 main branch and 1.5.5 beta) -UPDATE IN PROGRESS

any idea on Charm, It's been 2 or 3 patches since last one and besides smithing that is only one left to do. Also for perks to be somewhat effective the focus needs to be turned up on many of them. Medicine, Roguery, Engineering, (riding and athletics more on campaign map) Some need serious help to level, especially why have 225 and 250 goveners perks when it is almost impossible to raise them to high a level, it's a simple fix to raise focus and should be implemented to help
    Scouting too I think. Leveling combat skills are a bit overtuned. Riding xp for bow and xbow should be reduced a bit.
  4. KyDeezy

What is the Minimum Viable Product?

For me there's two rather obvious ones. Smithing, which seems to exist almost entirely for its own sake, and Hideouts, which no matter how they're handled need a serious rethink.
    GASP! Smithing allows you to create weapons around 20% stronger (at level 300ish with good attribute bonus rolls), as well as the best income source in the game.

Hideouts spawn bandits, which reduce economic activity and taxes as well as capture your vassals and companion-led parties (and yourself) sometimes. They're a good spawn source for capturing bandits to build a noble armies. < identifying bandit spawn points and planning your travels around them are one of the best ways to build a strong army.
  5. KyDeezy

Is it true that barely any perk is implemented?

Use the community patch that has it all implemented: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/186

I'm just as surprised as you that TW doesn't see perks as a priority. Lack of perks kills all progression.

They do find this a priority. However they are trying to maintain balance as they design a new perk system. One could say that they could just implement all current perks just like the community patch has done.

Yes, they could, but they're working changing the entire system. So why would they implement 150+ perks, bug test AND balance while they're designing new perks? This isn't a live game, it's in early access. So this would be a complete waste of resources and money, the money you spent to buy the game.

tldr; They should not be wasting resources implementing a system they know they will not keep during the early access period.
  6. KyDeezy

Resolved Clans almost immediately leave my Kingdom when I persuade them over.

Ok, make it 0.001%, or even 0.1%. There is still a chance there, but in practical terms, that might as well be zero.
    I just now downloaded the Defection Overhaul mod and it works in a similar way, except it's threshold (this is adjustable) is -30 influence. So a clan will have zero chance of defecting until your influence drops to -30. And that is way more radical than I'm suggesting. I have adjusted the mod's threshold to +20 influence. So far, I have had no defections.
    Anyway, according to posts at Nexus mods, people seem happy with it. Some players even say they won't play Bannerlord, if it does not have this mod.
    Mods FTW :grin:
  7. KyDeezy

Resolved Clans almost immediately leave my Kingdom when I persuade them over.

After a clan joined my kingdom, we conquered two towns and a castle. I let that clan keep those three new settlements. Then one day, while we were attacking another castle, they defected from my kingdom and took all their settlements with them.
    Lucky for me, I had saved the game before they defected. So I reloaded the game and annexed the two towns from their clan. I let them keep the castle and one other town that they owned, simply because these were too far away to defend. A few days later, the clan defected as expected.
    They had lands, and my relationship with them was high (at about 80). But the game calculations do not seem to adjust for relationship. I think it should.
    In my opinion, clan defection should be 0% chance if relationship is 50 or higher. 1% chance if the relationship is between 1 and 49. 30% chance if it's zero or negative. 100% chance if it is below negative 20.
    I think 0% chance is a bit too unrealistic. There always needs to be a chance of defection. For RP reasons such as the person wanting to have their own kingdom, being offered more lands and fiefs elsewhere, thinks you're too old to lead now etc etc.
  8. KyDeezy

I'm sorry but I finally give up, what the hell are TW doing? Nothing new in 3 weeks. Whoever is managing this team needs the boot.

Not sure what planet you live on but on my one when one take an arrow to the knee ( or any other part of the body) one does not keep running. There is very little in bannerlord that feels real, not that im advocating for it for this to feel real i would be fleeing in terror at the sight of a few looters :razz:
    Actually, soldiers can and do keep running until that body party literally breaks or falls off.

With the adrenaline in overdrive, it does not hurt and they know they need to fight to survive.

Arrow in the leg, arm, lung, abdomen? Yeah keep fighting for another 15m before slumping down, then the pain hits full force and ya go into shock and pass out.

If you want realism then add infection and disease ?
  9. KyDeezy

I'm sorry but I finally give up, what the hell are TW doing? Nothing new in 3 weeks. Whoever is managing this team needs the boot.

I've been here since the first M&B, and I can definitely tell you that this franchise has been a labor of love from the start. These are the last people I would ever think would pull a cash grab or bait and switch.

I don't believe many think they would do a cash grab.

I do understand and share the frustration about the lack of updates, but I think the extra time will be worth it. I'd just like more communication on a rough update target, since the weekly schedule we once enjoyed has fallen off. If it is planned to be monthly now, or still weekly, or w/e, I'd like to hear about it.
    Show me to expand upon your paragraph:

1) TW didn't communicate consistently and clearly with a roadmap with milestones, 2) EA has been out for 3 months where little progress has been made in terms of a) fixing broken mechanics, b) implementing basic perks, c) fixing frame drops, d) fixing siege formations, ladders, AI, e) fixing the economy, f) fixing smithing prices, g) broken main quest line, h) diplomacy - which is over tuned now. Not a single Kingdom has declared war on me in 1.4.2 and I'm 1,300 days in, i) multiplayer combat mechanics (i don't know much about this, but large threads complaining about it in multiplayer section), j) why are 6-7 rocks killing me when I'm fully armoured? k) combat tactics commands are poorly implemented for example a f3 charge command doesn't make them charge to the flag indicator, but rather to the closest enemy and mounted archers running to close to the enemy - their range is 200, why run up to 10 meters then get caught?

List goes on.

I'm ONLY playing because of mods such as realistic battle with realistic armor, party ai, improved garrisons, fixed siege ai, party manager, auto trader, better ai troops, scum and villany, and many many others.

Without mods, I would not be playing Bannerlord.

Thank you modders, I know it's lots of work and can be frustrating. ❤️
  10. KyDeezy

Are you using mods?

Thanks a lot for that list, KyDeezy! Didn't realise there were first-gen fantasy overhauls like Hammerlord... Could be well worth a shot, I'm at the stage where I don't think I could do more Bannerlord without mods.

If you had to strip it down to the bare essentials, the 3-5 mods that you feel have the most sizeable impact on your enjoyment of the game, which might those be out of interest?
    Realistic Battle with Realistic Armor
    Improved Garrisons
    Party AI
    Fixed Formations
    Fixed Siege AI
    Party Manager
    X's cut through everyone
    Dismemberment

Yeah, that's definitely 5 mods :razz:
  11. KyDeezy

Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

What are your mods?
    Here it is: 25 mods active on 1.4.2, 8 crashes in about 80 hours of gameplay: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fDJJ5Fm5Ia6FdcgSsTdbVdVvPANnqueHJufx4UbvaGM/
  12. KyDeezy

Are you using mods?

If you want a working modlist of 25 mods. 7 Crashes in 80 hours of play on 1.4.2, here's mine: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fDJJ5Fm5Ia6FdcgSsTdbVdVvPANnqueHJufx4UbvaGM/

Basically lots of QOL mods plus Realistic Battle, 3x AI troop EXP, Fixed Siege AI.
  13. KyDeezy

Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

True, but also its justified. If it weren't for the modding community this game wouldn't be played by more than a thousand players at the moment. Its that lackluster rn. So people crying for a patch, hoping it would bring something of an improvement of the current state of the game, adding just a tiny feature is the only light at the end of the tunnel they see
    Aye, I'd have to agree with you on this. Without mods, I'd be playing a different game.

Fortunately, there are a lot of good mods and in running 25 now on 1.4.2 and the gameplay is fantastic for me.
  14. KyDeezy

Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

I find it hard to agree, have you played it extensively? I've been playing all day today with work on the side, since I can manage both, luckily. I have fought off more than ELEVEN Vlandian ARMIES in 2 separate sieges. How is this FUN? They just keep on coming with infinite recruit armies, I butcher them, they come again, rinse and repeat 11 times, honestly I stopped counting I think it's more than that. Reason for why I even give them the opportunity to come at me so many times is because I'm doing long sieges with trebuchets to destroy the walls first. Siege AI is bad, campaign AI is awful, Caladog keeps wanting to declare wars cosntantly even though we're already at war with 3+ factions , he takes EVERY fief. He has like 8 towns and I don't know how many castles.

This is the core of the game and it's in awful state. Yes you can grind away when you got nothing else to do like me while I'm working, but it's really irritating.
    I just recently tried a mod called "fixed siege ai." Now my formation groups are retained, I can give specific orders for formations to use siege equipments, ladders, attack gates. This should help improve your gameplay experience especially because you don't need to take down walls if you're running an archer comp.
  15. KyDeezy

Player Frustration

If you hate it so much, why do you not quit playing and wait until it's finished but instead get on the forums to whine about it? This seems to happen with every games forums, why is it?
    AnandaShanti offers a lot of constructive information in this forum.

The more I play the more frustrated I get. I play a whole ****ing lot. The only thing in the game that doesn't need to change is what it looks like (except the maps, I hate them). There's no nice way of saying it, everything in the game is clunky, annoying, cumbersome and needs a teacher to highlight it and ask TW to re-do it turn it back in by next monday. It's not even mean, that is basically what EA is, a rough draft.

The AI is horrible! It's an endless facepalm-re-set-fest anytime anytime I do anything but perfect position my troops and ask them to just shoot in the general direction while I personally slaughter everything that tries to get close to them. If I ever fight with an AI Allie they suicide all their troops and there's nothing I can do about it. If would just stay still I could use them, but no!

The formation controls/UI is clunky and awful and I have to do it CONSTANTLY. If I could at least save formation and map placements and choose it at the start of battle it would be a great QOL improvement. It's unacceptable to have to manually drag around and place troops, face and format them over and over nad over. I wish I could teach my troops stuff like a real leader! If Cav is charging make a skien! If Inf gets this close CHARGE! If you're out of arrows FALLOW ME!
    That'd be so cool!

Swinging weapons feels like ****. Even my favorite weapon the Glaive is a clunky mess. It's a constant wrestling match to just swing left and right.... I don't ever want to stab or over head swing but it thinks I do. I wish I could disable chain attacks for my char in the menu, that would help so much.

There's about 2 good maps. The rest I have come absolutely hate after so many battles. Sometimes I just retreat over and over until I get a map that doesn't give me an instant headache to look at.

They need the video game version of Phil Spector to come in and fix their game and make it a hit!
    How could you leave out siege starting formations?! That grinds my gears the most.
  16. KyDeezy

Why isn't anyone porting mods for 1.4.2 beta?

Probably just busy with RL stuff or waiting for the tools to be released, however a lot are still being updated.

I'm running 20+ mods currently in my 1.4.2 campaign.
    Same, 25 mods here

For modders who want a safe and stable save, here's my advice, lock in beta 1.4.1 install mods for beta 1.4.1, play to your heart's content then upgrade to the next NON-current beta branch to mod up.

2 reasons:
    1. If you're in the main branch, you're forced to update with new versions.
    2. If you're on the most current beta branch, there is the risk of a hotpatch forcing an update.
  17. KyDeezy

Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

OMG the things people do when they are enthusiastic! :grin: :grin: Impressive that someone did this, spent time, resources and effort. :grin:
    Yeah! I actually don't know who they are, but it's such a useful site.
  18. KyDeezy

Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Quick question about 1.4.2 to those who have spent time with it, are the perks mostly implemented now?
    No, you can see detailed list and analysis here: www.bannerlordperks.com
  19. KyDeezy

Siege tower ladders still have issues

Lol yeah. That's the catch. But it also means you've tied up a larger army from taking one of your fiefs.
Back
Top Bottom