Search results for query: *

1. SP - General Not a fan of the overall homogenization of Governor perks

• Riding 50 +0.5 Loyalty
    • Athletics 175 +1 Loyalty
    • Bow 150 +1 Loyalty
    • Leadership 75 +1 Loyalty
    • Medicine 200 +1 Loyalty

The riding is easy to get, the rest of these not so much, and any governor needs at least +2.5 loyalty. It can be done, but this also means almost all your nobles have to take bow and athletics, and lead a party to 75 leadership. Forget 200 medicine on a companion, you might get one of those trained per generation of family, maybe 2. What I haven't liked about this the most is that Bow 150 is pretty much required.
  2. SP - General UI and Gameplay Suggestions

Suggestions: Right clicking on the > icon in trade should sell or buy all of that item. Pressing control is fine, but it would be nice not to have to do this. The smithing screen should show the smith's perks the same way selecting a governor does. Leaving a companion in town or waiting until...
  3. What do u think is missing for this game to have a soul?

I didn't try reducing the difficulty on it, but at the realistic setting it is an issue, imo. I guess you're trying to say that's working as intended? That's another way to see it.
  4. Devs please read

Assuming that you post follows mine and you are addressing me, I'm actually Generation X, but thanks for not asking. I'm not sure how much they read the forum and/or process what is said in it. I like the game, and have offered a lot of constructive criticism in other threads, but as you point out this isn't the place for that, and so I posted something that related to the inevitable devolution of this thread into subjects that are off topic.

TW is as imperfect as anything and anyone else. The key is to keep it constructive and civil. That's something you might want to keep in mind.
  5. Devs please read

1200px-Commodore-Datasette-C2N-Mk2-Back.jpg

The Commodore 1530 (C2N) Datasette, later also Datassette (a portmanteau of data and cassette), is Commodore's dedicated magnetic tape data storage device. The Datasette has built-in analog-to-digital converters and audio filters to convert the computer's digital data into analog sound and vice versa. Transferring data at around 50 bytes per second Datasettes can typically store about 100 kByte per 30 minute side.[5] The use of turbo tape and other fast loaders increased this number to roughly 1000 kByte.

I had one of these attached to a Vic 20 and later a Commodore 64. The load times were just painful by todays standards but back then you didn't know any better and this was pretty much standard until floppy drives, which were a revolution in terms of speed and other factors.

This used an actual cassette tape, before the compact disc, when you still had to buy music on cassette tape. I still recall going into music stores when CD's came out, and having a small section of CD's while still having large selections of cassette tapes.

You would issue a load command and then it would wait for you to actually PRESS THE PLAY BUTTON ON THE DRIVE.

Now I feel old, lol. Today's standards are beyond anything we would have dreamed about from these beginnings. And so it goes.
  6. What do u think is missing for this game to have a soul?

I strongly agree on everything except of that. It is not the purpose of a commander to take part in a fight the whole time, he rather serves as a deciding factor at the end of a battle by attacking the flanks, archers or fleeing troops. He leads. But if we don't get involved in fighting personally there is not much to do of what you would actually do as commander. This is due to the strongly limited tactical abilities and the deleted battle map.
    If you would be able to actually command your troops in a proper way with skirmish tactics, pointing out which enemy to attack, arrow volleys, weapon choice, flanking maneuvers (even if it would just be without a proper battle map) you wouldn't have the feeling that you have to engage personally, because there would be so much to do and to try by fulfilling your actual role in a battle - hence that would drastically increase immersion and thus be a part of the soul of Bannerlord.

You raise a valid point and to an extent I agree with this. I think in practice that this should be more of a playstyle choice than a requirement in the interest of being flexible on the issue of player engagement.
  7. 50+ Clans Join Battania in 1.4.2x, is this how it is supposed to work?

I know the AI need to take short cuts sometimes because reasons. But with a game where lord's defect and impossible to keep around, and you pretty much stuck with have your primary party and companion ones. Expanding and fighting large battles can be a tedious chore. Doing large battles and need to recover, get more recruits etc afterwards, and then as soon as you turn around the guy you just defeated back again for more. is tiresome in the end. Fights can be fun, but just fight for the sake of fighting without any goal or purpose is just boring in the long run.

I tried the kingdom route and what you say there is what happened. So this time I was a vassal and executed everybody. It was a lot more fun.

Personally I don't and probably never will enjoy the idea of trying to placate a bunch of AI lords in my kingdom unless there are really big changes to the system, and even then I'm just the type of player that would rather fight it out.
  8. What do u think is missing for this game to have a soul?

soul: emotional or intellectual energy or intensity, especially as revealed in a work of art or an artistic performance.

That's the perfect word choice of what it's missing.

• Player time to die is too short. You get hit once or twice and you're dead, at least until you have top end gear. That doesn't leave much room to actually fight. Maybe on easy difficulty this is improved. I found myself avoiding fighting in combat sometimes, knowing that if I fall to 0% that I wouldn't be able to lead troops in the next engagement that I knew was coming right after the one I'm fighting now. I know that's somewhat "realistic" and all, but that doesn't mean it makes for good play when you are emotionally numb waiting for the battle to end.
    • Doing the same set of tasks over and over and over and over. Recruit, battle (siege), loot, sell and supply, repeat. That cycle is 90% of the game. This saps intellectual energy from what you are doing and is emotionally boring. There is so much mindless killing required to tier up and train troops that I think I'm playing Call of Duty sometimes.
    • Conversation isn't meaningful at all. You just reload your save until you pass a bad system or live without what you want or face a harsh consequence. It's not good for the soul.
    • The quest system isn't. From broken quests to boring quests, I can't name a single one that is actually good. For all the crap they took for the Folly quest at least that added some color to the game and taught you to track down lords you want to find the first time you did it. I played WoW for a long time and I'm not really a fan of doing quests anymore, maybe you can relate. That said, good quests do add to the soul of a game like this. They shouldn't be there just to be there, though, it should be a quest, not a job. It should add to the story being told. Having to get the banner to form your own kingdom is a good thing, it adds to the story. Clicking a button to form an empire is soulless by comparison.
    • Workshops are fire and forget. No real interaction. Change production? You clicks a button and pays your moneys.
    • Companions are just caravan and party leaders most of the time. Having them in the party is far more engaging. Customizing what they have and how they fight adds to the intellectual investment. Sending them off to do other things does not, really. It would be fine once in a while but it is sort of sad that opportunity gets wasted most of the time in the name of passive income. At least as party leaders they are in your army a lot, and very useful to you in the middle to late game. But when you nerf the economy down, and workshops down, now you need them all making denars instead of being interesting. They are just templates with a broken attribute system that differs from the player.
    • No interaction with your troops. Default groups, default weapons, default armor, I hit an upgrade button a thousand times, that's it.
    • Culture is pretty meaningless beyond your initial bonus and skill choices. You start in the same place no matter what, you aren't encouraged to be invested in your culture at all.
    • The AI isn't playing the same game. Recruits at it's own difficulty, has knowledge without scouting, doesn't have to track down lords to talk to, gets map speed without buying horses, respawns with 10% of its troop limit while you get 0%, escapes from capture faster than you do, just grabs a party from a fief when it needs one, and so on.
    • Diplomacy, mercenaries, clans, and war have more flip flops than a beach at spring break.
    • Not enough parties late game. You somehow can't have an army in your clan more than you and 3 leaders. This must be so that you can't actually build an army big enough to compete on your own. That might sound realistic but again, it's not fun.
    • Progression stagnates mid game. You feel like you're progressing so slowly if at all.
    But what does it actually need? My opinion is that overall it felt more like work than fun to play. There isn't enough variety of activity, and the activity that you can do has limits imposed that are meant to improve the game but actually take some of the fun out of the game. It needs to be engaging and fun, and everyone has some different idea of what that would be. These ideas are just some of mine, but there are a lot of great ideas on this forum.
  9. 50+ Clans Join Battania in 1.4.2x, is this how it is supposed to work?

Must be nice, right? I mean would a Saints Row style phone be too much to ask?

To be fair very few games actually have the AI do everything the player does, or at least simulate it. There's just some things in this game that are very noticeable that the AI doesn't have to do that you are required to do. A messenger / envoy system would be a really nice feature tho. Having to track down lords to talk to them can be tedious. The encyclopedia is still a magic phone book though, updates every time you go to a village or town, maybe castle too.

It does seem a little wierd to take my party of 600 across the map to talk to some dude, maybe that happened a lot in history, i don't know.
  10. I am smithing weapons worth150k gold

Since most of your weapons just get sold or refined you can just sort of spam it out. Problem seems to be right now that you can smith way above your skill level. They will visit this at some point but right now its just broken.
  11. Possible Lotr Version

Amazon paid $250M for movie rights in 2017

For LOTR, you could always try asking them through the web portal they have set up for license requests. They have quite a few licensees.

Middle-earth Enterprises owns exclusive worldwide rights to motion picture, merchandising, stage and other rights in certain literary works of J.R.R. Tolkien including The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

If you are interested in a licensing opportunity, please carefully read the guidelines listed under Licensing Guidelines. If you believe your business or concept fits our guidelines, you may submit an inquiry to the appropriate rights holder(s) listed under Licensing Contacts.

Disney is pretty protective of it's IP, long been known for being so. They make it easy to find contact information for questions, and they will most assuredly take legal action if you hit their radar.

12. Devs please read

<3 Tinkertoys and Christmas and whiny children. I think there are a few main gifts already in the game.

customer-feedback-27.jpg

Seriously, thanks to TW for the hard work. You've got to have a thick skin these days, people do expect a lot and they expect it now.
  13. 50+ Clans Join Battania in 1.4.2x, is this how it is supposed to work?

The leader part got on my nerves too. It's like well, I can't help you with that, but go chase down Homie the Clown, my dad, he speaks for the clan, and I saw him around SomeTownHalfwayAcrossTheMap today.

So that's kinda realistic and kinda annoying all at the same time. The AI has a cellphone tho. Maybe the AI lords are required to meet and I don't know it but I doubt it.
  14. I don't think math works this way TW

Never chose I don't have an answer to that
    At first I just went with percentages and then I tried to think it out and read the responses which actually seemed to work a little better

Do you like this conversation system?
    (a) Yes (Charm, Leadership) 74%
    (b) No (Devious, Calculating) 34%
    (c) WTF (Athletics, Engineering) 52.254%

No matter what you choose RNG fails reload your save and try to post again or accept defeat and go order pizza
  15. I am smithing weapons worth150k gold

I've smelted tons of items and made a few weapons, yet im not unlocking many options for blades etc. Is there a reason? I even have the perk to 100% increase chance of new learned crafting items.

I don't know what actually drives unlocks, but I found that javelins seem to reliably unlock a part or two all the way to 330. You can watch how I leveled it (link to playlist in sig) if that helps. Two handed swords seemed to unlock too. It's related to difficulty, but those two categories seemed to unlock the most. I took the unlock perks too and made companions take refining perks.

The other thing is once you unlock some stuff and can make a high tier weapon there is a flaw (feature?) in the skill system where if you allocate a bunch of xp at one time it applies the learning rate in a wtf sort of way, giving a lot more xp than it should. So like a level 1 smith making a 150 difficulty sword gets like 50 skill points from it. Boom.

You can recreate this kind of thing with the dev console too, load that up and give a low skill a bunch of xp at once. The hard cap for a skill is evidently 1023, vs 330 without cheating.
  16. 50+ Clans Join Battania in 1.4.2x, is this how it is supposed to work?

I hope they improve this aspect of the game. There were plenty of good moments in the 600 hours I've played this, so while it needs some work, horrendous might be a little harsh. It's not a Postal III disaster.

GameSpy
    Jan 2, 2012
    It's frankly incredible to think that Running with Scissors made fans wait eight years for this. Is the trademark Postal "humor" still there? Postal Dude's frequent remarks about hoping to "
    kill women and minorities first
    " say hello. But a lack of freedom, unforgivable glitchiness, and generally terrible design make this a hard sell even for fans of the series.
  17. 50+ Clans Join Battania in 1.4.2x, is this how it is supposed to work?

I don't mind being a bad guy in a game, in fact that's what was intended this time. I killed everyone I defeated as soon as I became a vassal. I got lucky I could switch from Vlandia to Khuzait when Vlandia collapsed with such a bad rap.

The issue isn't so much they joined other factions as they joined one other faction in a dogpile. Then, they started having kids and before I could kill them all, I was fighting these disturbingly young looking lords with low tactics skills who would just charge you like looters do. So killing the whole clan off would solve that problem with one little other thing I did not expect.

When you kill off a clan with babies, you kill all the babies. On the execution it would say

SoandSo has been executed by Capitalis.
    %babyname was lost
    %babyname was lost
    %babyname was lost

Which was a little ... weird the first time I didn't expect it
  18. I am smithing weapons worth150k gold

It may be that they want to balance smithing after balancing the rest of the economy, which they seem to be spending some time on now.
  19. I don't think math works this way TW

1 and done leads to save scumming and ruins the game experience
    it's really this, and that rngesus is a bad game mechanic most of the time when it's the determining decisive factor. There are use cases but I don't think this one is popular. You could succeed more often but that's just savescumming less and doesn't solve the issue.

Details like charm, traits, and rng would have to be balanced. Again, this is poor expectation management as well, when you put a big 70% marker there many people will interpret that as "I should get this 7 times out of 10" even though that's most certainly not how it works in a small sample size.
  20. I don't think math works this way TW

I would just add that in playing around with random number generators over the years that I was always amused at just how often computers would give results that don't line up the way you would think, or even the way you would expect from real world objects. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if I flip a coin X number of times I would actually get something closer to 50/50 than if I ask a computer to do the same thing. I noticed this with dice rolls back in time with tabletop dice roll simulators. You could roll actual dice and it was one thing, ask a computer to do it and the results were usually worse most of the time. It's strange. It probably has to do with things not actually being random, programming, and so on, but that's way too long a topic that starts to throw a real twist into more straightforward observations on statistical probability.

It should not be so, obviously, but that does not mean it is not so.
Back
Top Bottom