Search results for query: *

1. divyanthj

SP - General A player waiting in settlement should act as Governor (perks).

+1
    Totally agree. I thought this was implemented already!
  2. divyanthj

Resolved Party wages broken in v1.5.0

Hi, can you disable all of your mods, verify your game files and try to recreate this again?

It's not happening in vanilla. I tested it on a fresh playthrough.

That said, I'm not using any mods that affect party wages.

However, I did set all of my skills to 1023 and enabled all perks. I did the same with companion heroes. So I'm guessing, it's because of a skill or perk that affects party wages. If so, it's probably not a bug. :smile:
  3. divyanthj

Resolved Party wages broken in v1.5.0

I have about 99 troops but I'm making 31 denars as party wages. Not sure what else is added to it but my net income is now 40. I don't own any workshops or fiefs. https://ibb.co/PYTQnPL These are the mods I have installed https://ibb.co/Hrk3sGJ
  4. divyanthj

Resolved Game crashing in 1.4.3 during battles when I select a formation and then move the flag-cursor around

Hi, can you try deleting the "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders" folder?

Yes, that worked. Thank you :smile:
  5. divyanthj

Resolved Game crashing in 1.4.3 during battles when I select a formation and then move the flag-cursor around

Ok I confirmed that this crash happens even with vanilla. It especially happens if you select a formation (say 2) and then select it again. Nonetheless, once the crash happens, it happens again every single time I select a formation, making the game practically unplayable.

Please fix this asap!
  6. divyanthj

Ok, I thought I had fixed it after removing the mods zKeyRoyalArmoury_3.0.0 and OnlyNormalQualityLoot but no, the game still crashed after controlling formations maybe 10 to 11 times rather than 1 or 2 times like before.

I'm guessing it's got something to do with the flags that is supposed to represent troop positions; the color of that flag randomly changes from grey to blue. Maybe the textures aren't assigned to it properly. Anyway, hope this new info helps.
  7. divyanthj

Summary: " Between selecting a formation and then placing it on the field, the game crashes with an additional popup which has something to do with the GPU. This is the popup"

How to reproduce:
    Just go into any battle, select a formation and ask them to move somewhere. Try this 2 or 3 times and it eventually crashes

Video on how to reproduce

Installed mods
    - zKeyRoyalArmoury_3.0.0
    - OnlyNormalQualityLoot
    - Attributes Matter
    - Character export and import for e.1.4.0 beta

System specs
    - AMD Ryzen 7 2700x Eight-core processor 3.7GHz
    - GPU: 11 GB GDDR5X GeForce GTX 1080Ti
    - Storage Device: SSD
  8. divyanthj

Between selecting a formation and then placing it on the field, the game crashes with an additional popup which has something to do with the GPU. This is the popup https://ibb.co/tJ17sjd
  9. divyanthj

SP - World Map Differentiate between "owned" fief and having jurisdiction so that fiefs can be granted to lords

This will probably be implemented later but I'd rather have it sooner, which is; The game should tell the difference between 1. A kingdom having territorial control over a fief and 2. A king owning a fief When a lord captures an enemy fief, it should fall under the first category and not the...
  10. divyanthj

SP - General Hide encyclopedia contents and reveal them bit by bit through gameplay

No, it won't make me any more immersed. This would just become a very annoying fetch quest for information in order to do things I need to do to get back to the actual gameplay. I'm not looking in the encyclopedia or on the notables tab in search of T H E F O R B I D D E N K N O W L E D G E. I'm looking to interact with them for a fairly limited set of reasons.

And how would the game know someone is important to me? Personally, I care much more about the pair of 350+ power landowners in Karakalat than I do about the Empress of the Southern Empire. The latter has about 21,000 men at her disposal, the latter perhaps 10. But does the game realize that my interest is due to being able to recruit those 10? And my non-concern with Rhagaea is because we aren't currently at war?

You've got a point there.

Interestingly enough, this was a trend in filmmaking around the same time as the video games @Zyffyr mentioned. The problem is that it just confuses people. "Realist" cinema sounds like a good idea but in practice it's just in contradiction with the entire purpose and strength of storytelling, i.e. to focus in on a small piece of human existence. Most realist / maximalist cinema is either boring or pretentious, or both. It's the same with video games, even something as broad as an RPG has to eliminate most of the tedium and redundancy in human life otherwise it just becomes bloated and disorganised.

If you wanted to make a game about note-taking or memory you would have to focus all the mechanics on that to justify it. I think this is part of what people mean when they react negatively to realism in games. Gameplay works best when it's focussed on one thing, and the more little details and dead-end, detached mechanics you add the less focus there is.

You too.

Maybe this "forgetting" mechanic is more trouble than its worth.

This was an excellent discussion btw.
  11. divyanthj

SP - General Hide encyclopedia contents and reveal them bit by bit through gameplay

That doesn't matter, most players cheese the mongols by putting forts in their spawn point (which is announced about 10 turns before they show up). And simply knowing that the Americas exist in 1080 AD when the game starts will impact anyone's campaign unless they consciously act as if it isn't there. But I don't see why these are "problems" that have to be resolved. Players will suspend disbelief to such a degree that none of this is necessary for immersion. It's the equivalent of wanting a film to have plot threads that go nowhere, just like in real life.

Well yeah, Bannerlord is a sandbox RPG that's supposed to accommodate players of many different play styles; even if they will never get to experience most of the game.

Even I personally wouldn't mind plot threads in movies that lead nowhere; to me, they serve as a reminder that the world is more complex than what's immediately around the main characters. To each, his own I suppose.
  12. divyanthj

That can only work to an extent, but you can't force a player to "un-know" stuff in a game. An example of this is Medieval 2 Total war where after your first playthrough you know that the Americas exist and that the Mongols are coming. There's nothing the developers can do to prevent the player from preparing for things they know are coming, so most developers just accept this, and leave it up to individual roleplayers to make the decision of whether to metagame or not.

Player / Character knowledge dissonance exists in all games with any sort of progression whatsoever, but as long as the game mechanics are good and allow for multiple playstyles most people will ignore it. The believability you gain from doing this isn't worth the level of annoyance you will cause players by deleting information from under their noses and forcing them to write stuff down.

Even in Medieval 2, you can only know things that are broad; like whether Mongols are coming or whether Americas exist. There's no way for you to know which city the Mongols will attack first; will they attack Antioch or will they ignore and march ahead to Constantinople? Obviously you can't forget information like where Tyal is located or what kind of a person Garios is.

But you can forget details like who Garios's enemies are and why they are enemies. Maybe Garios' enemies are not enemies anymore.

But yeah, deciding upon which information is "forgettable" itself is a big task; which might not even give us enough info to make implementing 'forgetfulness' worthwhile.

Also, knowledge is collectively held by the party and not by the individual, so that itself could eliminate most of "forgettable" pieces of info.
  13. divyanthj

The assumption is that the person making the notes has the intelligence to organize things.... like one section has everything about a single subject.

My position, by the way, isn't a personal bias - it is standard industry knowledge. Long ago game developers thought it was a great mechanic to force you to remember everything on your own. RPGs didn't have minimaps or quest logs. Eventually they realized that everyone just wrote everything down anyway and there was absolutely no value to making people remember everything. It creates frustration without adding difficulty.

Yeah but dialogue options would appear based on the things you know. This isn't about what YOU know but what your character knows. "Knowledge" works just like skills where even if you are a super-star Ninja who made Chuck Norris cry in real life, your character in Bannerlord still has to grind his/her skills.
  14. divyanthj

SP - General Ability to 'merge' with caravans for traveling safely + spying

Back in the day, it used to be unsafe to venture out and about all alone, lest you be robbed by bandits or enemies. So, people banded together in 'caravans' whenever they traveled. I think this should be implemented as a mechanic. Already, we are able to see which city a caravan is going to...
  15. divyanthj

While I can get behind limited release of information, the "forgetting" mechanic is an objectively bad suggestion. If I can bypass a mechanic by the simple expedient of having a piece of paper and a writing implement next to my computer then the mechanic has no value and is a complete waste of development time.

You can write it down but how many times can you do it until you have a huge pile of papers and therefore, have less important information that is buried so deeply, it is inaccessible and is as good as being forgotten?
  16. divyanthj

SP - General Proposed Crimelord Mechanics

These proposed mechanics are so fantastic, it will probably be implemented in the game by the devs themselves. :smile:

+1

Screw it. +100.
  17. divyanthj

SP - General Potentially controversial mechanics (interrogations, rape, torment and bastard children)

It's not just about squeamishness, or how graphic it is. I think you make a good point that it needs to be narratively justified in some way otherwise it just comes across as fetish fuel. Playing as a character who tortures people can sometimes be justified if there a solid some in-game and roleplay reason to justify its existence as a mechanic. But especially in a game like Bannerlord which has laughably barebones interpersonal interactions and consequences, it's far too easy for it to just come across as gratuitous.

Of course, Bannerlord DOES have a laughably barebones interpersonal interactions and consequences because it is early access. Have you tried playing Warband? Interpersonal interactions over there are much deeper, where nobles will do things like forbid their daughters from talking to you, eloping with ladies and fighting over a lady's affections.

Bannerlord is still EA and I'm confident that the team will make interpersonal interactions much deeper; even deeper than Warband. Obviously this torture mechanic will be awful if put in the current build. We already have players going through an execution-fetish, which itself is something I don't care for at all.
  18. divyanthj

SP - General Potentially controversial mechanics (interrogations, rape, torment and bastard children)

The capitvity system has two aspect:
    One when capturing a NPC and one, when affecting the player.
    1. Capturing a NPC can either increase your relation with a NPC, increase your income, be a strategic decision or can be part of a quest.

When the player is captured, he loses bis army, valuables and playtime is waisted/ can lead to the loss of castles and towns or quest.

So capturing in itself is a quite influncial mechanic.

What's the point of the dialogue?
    Mostly flavor I guess.

The thing why torture works in other media is because it drives the plot.

When Theon is tortured it makes the viewer feel sorry for that guy. On the other hand people antagonize Bolton. When he is finally killed that is a catharic moment for the audience. I guess that's similiar to classic drama where you are supposed to identify yourself with the protagonist.

There is a torture scene in Witcher 3. But that is also story driven as it helps to charaterize Geralt.

The torture scene in Viking Conquest is if remember correctly quite early in the game and again story driven.

Bannerlord on the other hand is not story driven and torturing wouldn't help the plot. Torturing between NPC won't affect the player in a major way and the player torturing NPC won't affect the plot or gameplay in such a major way that such an imoral mechanic would be okay to be implemented.
    In the end it will only enable the player to be the only torturer with any impact at all.
    And this, to me, makes torture a one sided and redundant mechanic.
    If only the player is torturing, while it is at the same time a meaningless mechanic to the Rest of the world, I don't think it is justified to let a player chose to be a torturer.

I agree with everything you said. My bad for insinuating that the current captivity system is totally pointless. It is still somewhat boring and shallow though.

Like you said about everything in linear media where torturing characters drives the plot, the same goes with Bannerlord too, where a character is deprived of significant privileges he/she may have accumulated; either by default or over time. For example, is a lord having too high a skill in one-handed, causing you to lose tournaments every time he is present? Then chop off his hand so that he is too broken to participate anymore. The price of doing that is a trait change where you get to be known as a 'cruel' character, which in turn affects future relationships. Maybe, "karma" will catch up to you and the whole world will start attacking you because you are a douche that needs to be put down. Likewise, it should be possible to let yourself be tortured so that your friends and family are more motivated to avenge you;

This literally happened in Vikings Season 4 where Ragnar Lothbrok allows himself to be tortured by the Anglo-Saxon King Aelle so that the great heathen army has the political momentum to invade England in full force.

There are so many new possibilities with this mechanic and it's too good to forego just because some people may be squeamish about it. Once again, there are ways to handle this squeamishness (by not actually showing the torture, just like current execution).
  19. divyanthj

SP - General Proposed Dungeon Mechanics - escapes, interrogations, plots and more!

+1.

Breakouts and relationship changes after rescue were already there in Mount & Blade: Warband. It was one of my favorite features. Lords even gave you quests to rescue their family members. Therefore, I'm pretty sure TW will eventually implement these in Bannerlord plus some of the mechanics that you mentioned. It's entirely possible.

Even if not, it should surely be possible after the devs release the modding tools. Nonetheless, a huge +1 from me. +100 in fact!
  20. divyanthj

I'm all in favour of a sandbox title that gives players freedom to do what they want to do. However, most people arguably would want that sandbox to be full of tools to create awesome sandcastles rather than having the option to use shovels and buckets to torture everyone else in said sandbox, because they really want that awesome red castle and need the blood of their enemies to dye the sand.
    The franchise is called Mount&Blade, not oubliette&thumbscrew, in that spirit a sophisticated captivity system would be a great addition, minus the torture&associated bits.

To everyone opposing torture in bannerlord, what's the whole point of this captivity system anyway, especially when you know for sure that you will either escape or be released? What's the point of NPC dialogues that say something like "They say that Apys is a cruel man who is known to torment those who oppose him."?

Like I said, the point of torture is to make drastic changes to the victim's influence levels, personal relationships, skills and attribute limits. Given that it's possible to let another character 'inherit' player control, it's perfectly acceptable to put permanent limits on the player character's values. Besides, it adds in-depth roleplay like the characters we see all too often on TV, be it Jamie Lannister, Theon Greyjoy, Sansa Stark, Spartacus, Uhtred of Bebbanburg and so on; all of these characters were victims of some sort of torment in captivity. All of these characters experienced some form of transformation post-torment, either for better or worse.

Why is it so far fetched to implement such character arcs into a reproducible system when the groundwork is already right there?

Besides, we don't even have to make any of it graphic. Even in my original post, I left the level of detail to the developers' discretion based on the market research they themselves might have conducted.

Besides, players and posters over here finding executions and large scale massacre acceptable but torture not to be seems rather arbitrary and to some extent, quite rich!
Back
Top Bottom