Search results for query: *

1. Tiedemannj

matching broken after update

@NIN3
    I just got dropped into a game after a long while of waiting. It was already begun, but I played it trough. After that game I can see the last 12 people I played with and they are all still queueing in the lobby. This was the case for over 25 minutes before I found another game. This means there are enough players queueing for a game, yet no game is created. Having too few games to accomadate the number of players has to be the worst decision a game with too few players could ever make.

I just installed the game after about a half a year break. I hoped to return when some of the issues had been ironed out. Being unable to play the game at all has to be about the worst first impression I can possibly imagine.

EDIT: Don't worry about me anymore. I uninstalled that bad boy.
  2. Tiedemannj

In Progress [1.6.4] Pathfinding bug on Captain mode when troops are on "follow me" command

? if you mean the "unreachable by AI" areas, this is not it, they can just stop moving when there is nothing on their path or when there is some obstacle that shouldn't even affect their path, I don't know what triggers it just that sometimes they just stop moving and when they do that they are usually seperated, not together.
    I know the bug. It seems to happen when you (the captain) are somewhere the AI don't think they can reach. Seems to happen a lot with models separate from the terrain like houses, stairs, fences, wells and so on.

@MArdA TaleWorlds you can recreate this bug by being anywhere near the beduin tent on the east side of B on Ruins of Jawwali. Any troops told to "follow me" will stop doing so until you are well passed the tent. This often leads to the team with the t2 spawn to get split in a B-rush. It also happens around some fortifications on Isle of Deriad and under the bunker hill north of B on Drumoir Forest.
  3. Tiedemannj

Skirmish Skill based matchmaking?

Would be nice. To be honest im a sub par player and sometimes i end up with similarly (un)skilled players on my team versus a premade.. Out of courtesy i finish the game, but to say i have fun on those occasions would be exaggerated.
    I'm the same. Even when the shoe is on the other foot and my side is stomping someone clearly new to BL online it's no fun either. I don't think I'm too bold by assuming most other players agree with me that matches are more fun with about equal teams.

I know TW want to keep the gamemodes casual during EA, but I suppose they could still have a hidden rating system in place. Would probably retain players a lot better. Most new player names I see are gone within a week. Not too strange when they can clearly see they are the worst player on their team (which is my suspected reason for the removal of deaths from the leaderboards) and they know their team would be happy to have anybody else. Other players also tend to tell them in very mean ways which is a bundle of other problems with mp, but still somewhat related to the issue of matchmaking.
  4. Tiedemannj

Superior bow is superior

Missile speed itself does not impact damage, but since damage also depends on the relative speed of the victim in regards to the missile, it can lead to higher damage.
    On the other hand, since the speed is higher, the damage drop off is obviously higher (more noticeable), so it kinda balances out.
    Thanks for answering. Keep up the good work @NIN3 :smile:
  5. Tiedemannj

Superior bow is superior

The speed rating for the superior bow that is displayed is wrong. Fire rate should be 89 not 94. I didnt update it after doing my fixes to it it seems.
    These are the stats for the bows:
    NameMissle SpeedAccuracyBase DmagaeThrust Speed
    Fast Short Bow (faster)618846125
    Short Bow (range)709046100
    Superior Bow (accuracy)659845100
    Fast Short Bow = Faster Bow perk weapon for Empire+Aserai+ Khuzait light archer
    Short Bow = Range Bow perk for Empire+Aserai+ Khuzait light archer
    Missle Speed = How fast the arror is, that you are releasing
    Thrust Speed = How fast you draw back the string of your bow

Having 1 less Base Damage and less missle speed, is actually a biger factor on damage than you might think. But maybe the +8 in accruacy is a little much. We will see!
    This makes more sense. Feels like the choices are meaningful again. Thanks for answering

I have one more question tho. Do missile speed contribute to damage in addition to the base damage or is it already factored into the damage stat?
  6. Tiedemannj

Superior bow is superior

The archer, archer militia and steppe bow can all choose between a faster bow, a more accurate bow and the superior bow. The problem is that the superior bow is, as the name implies, strictly superior. It's faster than the fast bow and more accurate than the accurate bow. The only thing you give...
  7. Tiedemannj

Loving the Skirmishing Unit Changes!

I still think they are a bit on the weak side, but I have only played them a few games. Really like the changes tho. They are certainly going in the right direction.
  8. Tiedemannj

Please release a new mode soon.

I think they have said they are adding a new mode. Exaclty what it is I don't know.
  9. Tiedemannj

Aserai Rebalance when?

Dont expect them to get a Heavy Inf class all of the sudden though.
    I wouldn't necceserally even want them too. I like that cultures have different strengths and weaknesses. It's one of the design decisions I really love. It's just that the aspects aserai seem meant to be strong at are very weak.

Looking forward to see what changes ya'll come up with. Hoping for skirmisher fix personally :smile:
  10. Tiedemannj

Multiplayer combat tips for new recruits, belligerent drunks, and maybe even a tidbit or two for the old guard

In the first part you present a teqnique that relies on auditive feedback, yet the gamesound is drowned by your voice and the loud music. I would think letting the viewers hear the actual sound you are refering to would be better than imposing "WOOSH" in text on screen.
  11. Tiedemannj

Aserai Rebalance when?

Sturgia is actually the only faction that can stop vlandia, their archer is also pretty decent, not as good as battania, but still not bad.

Empire lacks good archer, but is compensated with menavlion and heavy infantry units.

Khuzait is quite bad, but their infantry unit is not so bad, they also run slow like aserai while lacking very good cavalry to make up for it.

Aserai has the worst units in whole game, their infantry is slow, their weapons short, archers and heavy cavalry suck so bad
    I don't know what gamemode you are refering to, but in captain mode this is all wrong. Empire and Vlandia are both lackluster due to having had their inf severly nerfed. Sturgia is either second best or tied for best with Khuzait.

Aserai is still ass tho so at least that is consistent between gamemodes.
  12. Tiedemannj

Why do you still browse this subforum/making threads?

The single player forums are mainly positive. As they recieve a the main focus with each patch there is a sense of optimism even when features aren't added as soon as hoped. To say TW doesn't give a **** is a bit harsh.

I am firmly of the belief that multiplayer is heavily down-prioritized right now to the benefit of singleplayer. Since TW refuses to outright say so; if you play only multiplayer, it feels like TW doesn't give a ****. The truth is that multiplayer still recieves attention, it's just very very slow. I can't answer for those that only post to complain, but I see many genuine constructive suggestions being posted here and we know at least someone from TW occasionally reads them. I also believe that multiplayer will become a greater focus once the singleplayer is more finished (currently it is very lacking). Possibly even after the full release.

We have already payed for the game, TW is still developing it and people are still playing. There is no need to trow our hands in the air and give up on a game we've waited many years for.
  13. Tiedemannj

Server issues

you actually are the lucky one, EA siege crushed every 10m haven't finished one so far
    Yea I've heard siege is having it worse in all regions. Might be the higher player count.
  14. Tiedemannj

Server issues

The servers keep crashing about every 3rd game. Right now the servers are down and I can't even log in. Has there been any word from TW about fixing these issues?
  15. Tiedemannj

Aserai Rebalance when?

Aserai was envisioned to be a fast faction that would use fast moving tactics agaist their enemies, their units (guard,skirmish/tribal would move around the battlefield engaging in small fights and harrasing the enemy with javelins and other throwables, but the thing is... the skirmish unit never worked properly, the guards got their throwables removed and the tribals are just slow AF and can't win 1v1 fight against any other heavy inf unit... So we got a problem here, all their inf is weak compared to the other factions, they don't have any type of advantage...
    And the archers are just bad.. they don't have the range like the vlandia crossbows, or the accuracy like battania...
    The other faction that got nerfed to hell was the Empire but yes Aserai has been in the **** tier since the beta....

And to show how much the Devs care about the Aserai just look at the latest costumization update... see the amount of armour the player can unlock with Aserai, and then compare it with Vlandia/Sturgia/Battania... that's how much love they give to Aserai... (khuzait is almost on the same boat in terms of costomization tho)
    That's how I also always percieved them. Kinda like guirella soldiers. Many, lightly armed and armored, fast units. Using hit and run, kiting and ambushes to win the day.

In order for any of these strategies to work the opponent have to actively let you do it. The moment they have had enough of your tomfoolery and presses f1-f3 the game is over. Aserai can't run away. They can't win in melee or range. Tribals even loses to arbalest crossbowmen in melee if their numbers are equal.

The easy way to buff them would be to give them arms and amror on par with the rest of the cultures. This however might make them lose their intended flavour. The proper fixes (apart from buffing runspeed) actually have to adress fundamental flaws in the AI and the command system. Primaraly skirmisher AI needs fixing. Currently they are so dysfunctional that I belive the AI suffers from several bugs. They can hardly hit anything, they swivel around when picking a target, and they take forever to trow.

Also we need to be given a proper "flee" command. Where they won't engage with enemies that are still 10 meters away. Sometimes you could actually outrun the enemy, but the AI ignore your command to run and instead suicide in a sea of varyags. This not only hurts Aserai, but captain mode as a whole. Several maps currently has no other viable strat, but to go all inf and rush; the winner is the team with the better faction. Letting players disengage from fights would make the mode feel more strategic and less random.
  16. Tiedemannj

Aserai Rebalance when?

Aserai is also in a very strange spot in captain mode. In captain they at least get compensated with greater numbers to their trash units. I think thats how TW wants them to be balanced; very bad, but very many. Strangely, not all of their units get this treatment. Notably both archers and veterans have about the same numbers as other cultures even tho both archer types (while decent) are outclassed by other cultures.

Their runspeed is also a massive weakness. They are essentially the slowest faction (Khuzait compensates with cav) in captain mode. This means every other culture can force a fight and Aserai can't outrun them. Captain mode is all about picking the right time and place to take fights; being the only faction that never gets to do this really hurts them.

This usually makes Aserai just go all guards and press f1-f3 to get it over with.
  17. Tiedemannj

We need new maps, new clothes&new badges

Another suggestion on clothing. Our character also has a "civilian outfit". It's the outfit we are shown in in character creation and if we become the MVP of a round. Maybe also let us customize that with purchasable garments.
  18. Tiedemannj

no EU servers up after patch

Yeah its really annoying. Even this dev fellow joins game and it crashes a while later, I think he is crashing it on purpose for debugging purposes, ruins everyone's evening.
    Maybe he noticed he was down 2-0 and the just "accidentaly" tripped over the plug?
  19. Tiedemannj

Cannot connect since the last patch

If you open the game and it gives you an infinite logging in screen (same screen it gives when exiting the game) To fix this: close the game, open windows defender, turn firewall off LEAVE DEFENDER OPEN, start multiplayer and login, OPEN DEFENDER AND TURN BACK ON. Something about firewall not liking a part of battleeye the most important part being to turn your firewall back on. Also got DCed from two matches that hadn't even started so there are definitely server issues right now.
    Thanks for the advice, but it sadly doesn't fix the issue for me. I try again in a few minutes. Are you able to play online right now?

This marks the third update in a row that breaks the game for me. It's getting tiresome.

EDIT: It seems to be working now. It tells me I'm in the queue at least.
  20. Tiedemannj

Cannot connect since the last patch

Same for me. It's spinning on "please wait while you are being connected to server".
Back
Top Bottom