Search results for query: *

1. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

I played at EA, I don't remember this "right next to" battle moment ..
    The current implementation was made at EA 1.8.0 so I assume it was the system before? Don't remember existing more than two different reinforcement systems in Bannerlord.
  2. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

correct, totally stupid situation of spawnees entering miles away and current fighters retreating to find them ! ???

As I've said before, Spawnees must enter very close to where the current group is located. For example if Group 1 - Heavy infantry are fighting on the hill top, then new Heavy infantry spawnees should enter just behind the fighting HI. Yes it might look strange, soldiers appearing out of nowhere but it is game / hardware limitations that don't allow ALL Heavy infantry to be on the battlefield from the start. I'd rather have "portal" soldiers than "Hide-n-Seek" Soldiers.
    Back during EA reinforcements would appear right next to where you were fighting and in general, players didn't like that so it was changed to a "total war" kinda approach. Got to say, prefer the new system 100% more. It makes sense to have an army retreat back to new reinforcements as it tries to regroup.
  3. One clan is getting all the fiefs [1.2]

Yeah I remember seeing that the formula took things like renown of a clan in consideration (that I recall, Influence doesn't count) but proximity and wealth are without a doubt the most important aspects. The last playthrough I did with Sturgia, we had just acquired 3 new clans before the expansion down from Tyal. Those 3 new clans got ALL the fiefs between the castles north of Amprela to Onira... including Khuzait fiefs. Did these clans had more renown than the other in Sturgia? nope. The wealth part they did for sure, I paid each quite a lot to join Sturgia. Wealth and acquiring those first fiefs were enough for an unbalanced distribution of fiefs.
    Relationships and personalities are two aspects that still need a function in game, it could make playthroughs much more interesting.
  4. One clan is getting all the fiefs [1.2]

This is one of those odd systems that could really use another look since the nobility should be trying to prevent any one clan from becoming too powerful rather than giving them loads of lands until they, for some odd reason, decide enough's enough and go on to favor the next guy way too much.

100% this, the current system doesn't make much sense when you see it in the game. Proximity when given a fief is nice but shouldn't be a priority. Get a minimum of 2 fiefs per clan and then attribute the rest based on clan wealth, renown, longevity (with the faction) maybe even influence to a certain maximum always relative to how many other fiefs other clans in the faction have.
  5. How come villages don´t have palisades?

I don't think villages should have palisades as a given but yeah, after reaching a certain size it would make sense. It could add another layer of strategy to raids and battles in these villages.
    Another cool aspect that could be added to villages is the ability to add defenders to villages (to a certain maximum) to help the militia.
  6. Resolved 1.1.6 Siege Bug

Think this playthrough got borked, every army being created is going to Epicrotrea...
    Armies that lose cohesion break but main officer keeps being there, some members have 0 soldiers and are still camped so I can't take control of the siege.
    I think officers with 0 soldiers being camped to siege is probably not intended, uploaded new save.
  7. Defeated Factions Don’t Die

I think in Beta branch one of the 1.2.X patches already randomizes the traits of the children.
  8. Closed Steam Achievement "Mastery" not updating

Hello, I play in Main not in Beta so will wait for 1.2.X to pass on to Main to verify.
  9. Defeated Factions Don’t Die

True, the X's clan name should be replaced with proper faction names. In character creation you can press "Random" to generate family name, why not use that feature to randomly assign a proper family name to each of those new clans?
  10. Defeated Factions Don’t Die

Waiting for 1.2 to reach main too and glad they are changing this aspect but a better RP solution would be to "kill" them off but if the AI or player ever lost control of a capital (Marunath, Lycaron, etc) then it would have a 50% chance of bringing the faction back (instead of the "X's Rebels). If any of the old clans from that faction were still around, each would have a chance of immediately converting back to that faction. An attempt to give second life to those dead factions without them being a nuisance to the player.
  11. Resolved 1.1.6 Siege Bug

Summary: 3 Armies totaling around 2.4k men are sieging Epicrotea for weeks without attacking or leaving. The garrison is all dead (due to food attrition) and around 500 men are still inside. Also (not entirely sure this is a bug) but food starvation only affecting garrison, not militia or...
  12. SP - General Caravan routes

Some towns, like Diathma, have a really tough time to get food and that's fine but what is more weird is that there is little a player can do to change that. Apart from constantly have to go and buy food and dump it in the market (which can be incredible tedious) the player has little action to...
  13. Solution to Non Stop (Frequent) Wars

I find if I keep about 400 Garrison in Cities and about 300 in castles, plus full militia, The AI leaves me alone for the most part although they will attack someone else. The AI seems to be continually looking for weakness ?
    Yes, the AI tends to look for the weakest garrisons among the enemies positions to attack. It's the reason why some castles/towns go on this constant switch between two AI factions.
    The constant fighting is the single factor that keeps me from doing any "endgame" in this game. What Taleworlds thinks keeps the player interested, is the reason I get burnout and stop playing.
  14. SP - General Order Battle UI before battles

Ah for sure, not expecting any of these changes for the next patch. But it would be good to have this implemented eventually.
  15. SP - General Order Battle UI before battles

The idea of setting up pre-defined battle formations before an actual fight would be pretty interesting and help solve some issues currently in game. When going to an actual fight, the order battle UI would load what the player pre-defined before, allowing the player to either make small...
  16. In Progress Kids spawning with negative experience

Done.
    In less that 24 hours in the save, a kid will come of age.
  17. Resolved Formation Captains being grouped with wrong formation

Yes, still having same issue on v1.1.1
  18. Every time bro

True but why does Sturgia need to be the underdog or Vladia the superpower in each campaign? It just hurts replay value. And balancing the factions more would hardly create a static situation. I mean the three empires factions are equal in unit composition and between them you can get different outcomes in each campaign.
  19. Every time bro

True, Battania and Sturgia have the short stick in the factions overview. I do put Sturgia at bottom though.

Battania has the best archer in the game but everyone else sucks. Their T5 infantry can't even hold their shields straight for shieldwall but they have good economy and their towns are all close to each other, they are easier to defend. Their problem is Vladia just being too good.

Sturgia is just a mess, their roster besides T6 Cav and maybe T5 Spearman is just bad, their economy is bad and their position is bad. Their towns have very little prosperity to generate money early own and half the towns in Sturgia are terribly positioned. Tyal is too far away from the rest, Varcheg and Omor are too open, very easy for Vladia, Battania and NE to take them. Without these three towns, Sturgia is reduced to only half their original towns and it usually happens very early in each campaign.

Also the AI doesn't know how to handle two wars in both sides at the same time for Sturgia. How many times they create an army near Varcheg only to send them to attack the Tyal area while a Vladian or Battanian army is going around in the area. And yeah, it's a shame diplomacy isn't in the base game (without mods).
Back
Top Bottom