Search results for query: *

• Users: Magnusnyg
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Armies, Scouts and Skirmishers

I’ve been thinking about an “area of control” or “influence” around a moving army, symbolising the scouts, foraging parties and or skirmishers that were deployed around the main force. These could intercep smaller parties and/or handle raids of smaller settlements. The size of the area could be...
  2. Be careful with negatives

Dear TW, Don’t do too many negative numbers. Instead, use caps or make things more expensive or harder to get. Instead of negative influence for certain policies, make inflence gain slower or have prices go up. Instead of loosing influence when loosing a castle or town, have it be capped or...
  3. Lessons From M&B

1) Massed archers hurt... a lot. 2) Horsearchers rule. Ask anyone from the Assyrians to the Samurai. 3) Be polite and let someone else go in front of you up a ladder... 4) Shields save lives. 5) Criminal hideouts can only be attacked at night. 6) If you squint your eyes (and hold shift) you...
  4. I don’t want a static world

Lots of posts in here focus on balancing the various factions in the campaign... But I don’t think a balanced map/world would be very interesting. I like my playthroughs to be distinct, and while there are obvious geographical problems for the Battanians, The Sturgians and the Aserai, those...
Back
Top Bottom