Search results for query: *

1. New patch turned some troops into babies

makes sense, most of them are infantry after all

Oh. My. God!
    This is one of the most underrated posts ive seen in quite awhile hahaha! Nice one!
  2. Are 2 Billion Denar Tribute Demands Normal?

I bet the amount calculated must be inversely related to relative strength rating, so when the enemy strength rating is zero, the game thinks you should get an infinite amount (and 2 billion or whatever is just the highest value that field can accept).

What actually happens if you propose peace!?! ?

Aye, my thoughts aswell! It definitely looks like an integer overflow problem?

"The number 2,147,483,647 (or hexadecimal 7FFFFFFF16) is the maximum positive value for a 32-bit signed binary integer in computing"
    Wikipedia - "2,147,483,647"

@mexxico
    Not sure who to "ping"/"mention" or if it is even worthy of such, as it might perhaps be regarded as a minor issue.
    In any case i'm sorry for any potential inconvenience caused mexxico!
  3. ? Alpha & Beta Branches Feedback

The original post keeps getting updated after patches, so it's not quite dead.

Yeah but this thread used to have a lot of issues reported and hasnt had any of the big issues in 1.4.1 hotfix like everlasting war reported

Aye the removal of the truce period is a good example, although it is now reintroduced again after circa 3 weeks.

Im guessing the thread will get updated once a new version number gets released; e.g, v1.5, 1.5.x, &c.
    I feel this thread has deviated somewhat from its original function, from what it used to do before.
    At least from my point of view.
    As to how it differs now from then relative to my understanding is something i might try and elaborate upon at a later date if needed
  4. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Faction A vs Faction B:

A? --> B?=
    A⚔B for ~ 200 days​

A? --> B ??=
    A?B for ~ 1 day

A? --> B?=
    A⚔B for ~ 100 days​

A ? --> B: ??=
    A?B for ~ 0 days

A? --> B?

Meanwhile
    Faction C =
    :iamamoron:?
    Faction D?E for ~ ∞÷0 days
    Player = :facepalm: :roll:
  5. SP - General PLEASE STOP THE WARS EVERY 2 MINUTES I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE

Sorry. I am totally in your side. I made my warning about holding 25 days truce days until new replacement is ready. It was obvious players will get sad and gameplay will be effected badly.

Anyway I learnt how new mechanism will be. There will be daily payment for truce. So if truce is broken daily payment will stop too. This will prevent kingdoms breaking truce. This is a good solution but if I was giving final decision I hold 25 days truce days until this new mechanism is ready it was only a small code block preventing new war decleration if there was a truce in last 25 days. Also wars are 2x-3x compared to 1.3 in 1.4 (for example average war count at a moment is 5-6 in 1.3 and 12-13 in 1.4) this is also a bug related to new developments at these systems due to this problem snowballing again started and 1-2 factions usually destroyed in first 2-3 years because there happen lots of hostile actions in all borders because every faction have 3 wars in average.

My suggestion is play 1.3 until 1.4 is ready. I also open this comparision thread(s) to save game aganist possible wrong decisions in future. For example if at 1.4 these problems continue you can vote I prefer 1.3 to 1.4 in next voting. However I am 90% sure they will be fixed and 1.4 will be better than 1.3 however currently 1.3 is better than 1.4 because of these problems according to me. Please be patient. These problems are currently in beta branch and beta branch is a branch for adding new developments and getting feedbacks so I think it is normal beta branch has some broken mechanics your feedbacks will make it better. By the way I do not accept sending broken mechanics to even beta branch but I cannot prevent this to happen in some scenarios.

mexxico for president btw❤
  6. Raiding is a viable and necessary tactic, yet too punishing with too few options for the player and AI.

Oh, I agree with the relations hit. What bothers me is, you lose rep with one, and don't gain it anywhere else. I may be a villain in that town, but I should be a hero somewhere else.

Aye! Gotcha, edited my post afterwards.
    From a gameplay point of perspective, i can see a potential quest for something like that. Perhaps from a recruiter.

I wonder if the relations mechanic is able to go as far as to separate a recruiter from the rest of their village.
    Bad reputation with the villagers might increase prices or something but if you're still on good terms with the recruiters you'll still be able to recruit or something.

Edit: Because i also agree with @Yangbang that simple villagers may not be aware of the background politics between the player and recruiters. Thus only sees what's in front of them:
    That a neighboring village got attacked by the player and might become a threat. Depending of course on their relative stance to said raided village.
    Idk just throwing around some thoughts
  7. Raiding is a viable and necessary tactic, yet too punishing with too few options for the player and AI.

Johnny ceases to be a civilian when he joins the militia. That's the point.

Be that as it may; correct in fact. My feelings for Johnny wouldn't magically disappear and thus be "meh, it's fine. He was dead to me the moment he chose to defend our village and stopped being a civilian".

The attackers would definately get a reputation hit from me.
    Unless Johnny was an utterly horrible human being (together with the rest of my village) :neutral:

We are talking about reputation loss here right? I might've misunderstood tbh, so correct me if im wrong :S

Edit: Though i kinda see your point now. Rival villages might give ya +rep or such.
  8. Raiding is a viable and necessary tactic, yet too punishing with too few options for the player and AI.

But villagers with pitchfork that fight back aren't that different from milita, you aren't going inside their house killing them, they group to fight you.
    Nevertheless. If the butter/cheese is not deemed fighting over, id be pissed that they stole it.
    If it is worth fighting over id still be pissed. I mean, they are the aggressors/instigators.

I just wanna eat my mac&cheese in peace maan! Been milking dat cow and tending the crops all year :xf-mad:
  9. Raiding is a viable and necessary tactic, yet too punishing with too few options for the player and AI.

I dont know about that man...

Johnny the villager is a villager (...)

DARN! You beat me to it xD
  10. Raiding is a viable and necessary tactic, yet too punishing with too few options for the player and AI.

To me, if you are party of your factions military, you are a military target. There's a difference between walking to town selling cheese and meeting an army inside your town with weapons and armor, ready to fight.

Idk man. If raiders/lords/whatever were out to get my village's butter. My friends/relatives being drafted into the village's militia, then dying in the defence of it. I'd be pretty pissed off at the attackers, to say the least.
  11. Archers need a nerf.

Agreed on buffing armor.

I've been playing with the 'Armor Does Something' mod lately and it's made battles more enjoyable overall. Arrows still hurt, but are not as strong and javelins while being powerful against shields, no longer one hit you when you're wearing top tier gear.
    And in turn making the battles last longer i take it?
    If i may ask, what version are you playing with this mod? Is it working well?
    I've been keeping a watchful eye on this mod since this is a mod that does one of the major things i deem important for me to jump back into bannerlord.
    I read that the mod author did find one or two kinks in it when it comes to 1.4.1

In general i feel that the aforementioned mod is sorta a solution to what this thread is about.
    Making arrows more realistic, making armor actually work.
    Pierce damage is kinda the culprit when it comes to projectiles being OP. As far as i can tell at least.
    The damage type itself seems flawed/insufficiently considered and tweaked by TW, an oversight if you will.
  12. 30 is a little over the hill, no?

Seriously though 37?

It's nice to know I'll need a crutch and senior citizens discount in 3 more years.
    Hahahah! Cool, i'll join ya shortly after.
  13. Sturgias warmongering

I wasn't talking about system to prevent constant wars, aka 25 day truce. I was talking about system to prevent starting too many wars to begin with. Kingdoms were supposed to not be starting new wars if they already had some going. Unless that was removed as well.

Aah i see, sorry for misunderstanding!

Though now when i think about it mexxico did mention the increase of simultaneous wars in that thread too IIRC.
    If that has to do with the aforementioned system or not i cannot tell/remember.
  14. Sturgias warmongering

Whole strategic logic of the kingdoms is utterly broken, despite last patch supposedly fixing it. In fact my impression is that strategic AI got even more mad then it was before. In my current game in 1.4.1, all factions are engaged in multiple wars. All of them.

It is already confirmed that the system put in place to prevent constant wars has been removed.
    https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/version-comparison-1-2-vs-1-3.423206/post-9443201

Also check the last couple of pages in: Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

I feel like a broken record
  15. Why the hell is the Tannery so overpowered?

Wouldn't tweaking values à la buffing/nerfing specific things whilst the foundation on which it relies upon is incomplete/flawed/broken just be an exercise in futility?

I'm no programmer or anything, nor do i grasp how bannerlord's economy work.
    Only going by the feeling(ikr) that some key building blocks within the economy system's core is missing.
    Though i'd be glad if this isnt the case.

Just my 2 cents.
  16. SP - General Can we have throwing axes and javelins/spears recoverable please.

It actually makes more sense for them not to be recoverable.
    For example Roman pila is not recoverable due to its design. And javelin would probably bend / break or have flattened a little after hitting armor or such. SO unless that can be modified to be like "used javelin" it does not make sense. Also if javelin goes straight through someone´s chest, it would not be movie style simple pull to get it out of him.

What's your take on axes then?
  17. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

I don't like the war changes. Why the constant wars that don't last any time at all? So many times now, I've had my faction declare a war, then sued for peace ~4 days later, only to again either declare war/have war declared on them by the previous faction in less than a week?

They removed it too early before implementing system that is meant to replace it. Im talking about the peace/war cooldown the A.I had before 1.4.1.
  18. sandbox fix?

They posted something on Facebook a few hours ago about a patch soon
    So uh, essentially announcing the 1.4.1 patch?
  19. We need more shields with bosses

I want a few more curved heater shields but I think that may be a bit to late for the time period.

“You see those warriors from Hammerfell Vlandia? They’ve got curved shields. Curved. Shields.”
    (sorry)
  20. Please give the AI an intelligence boost

Yeah matey, not sure what happened.. thinking they broke the War/Peace functionality they brought in around 1.4 when they stuck in 1.4.1
    (. . .)

Aye, in 1.4.1 they removed the 25 day truce period (effectively preventing the A.I to declare war within 25 days after a peace deal was made).
    This was done due to an upcoming system/mechanic meant to replace it.
Back
Top Bottom