Search results for query: *

• Users: Foohy
  • Order by date
  1. Foohy

Why do some people want Bannerlord with Crusader Kings 3 Features/Diplomacy?

Starts thread titled ''why do some people want X thing''

''For these reasons''

''Well there's no point talking about it because I win''

I guess I've trolled a little in my time as well.

You can tell that a highly intelligent individual created this post.
  2. Foohy

Why do some people want Bannerlord with Crusader Kings 3 Features/Diplomacy?

Imagine being so dumb to think Bannerlord, with all the kingdoms, court intrigue, relationships between lords etc. is intended to only be a battle simulator. Are you only playing sandbox? Have you ever opened Warband in your life? Are you mentally challenged?

Diplomacy is what this game is literally all about, wars and battles are just a biproduct of how kingdoms interact with eachother diplomatically. If you are so afraid of not being able to start wars with regular kingdom votes, you can literally always just go up to any kingdom vassal and demand he surrender or die and it will start a war for you without anyone voting.
  3. Foohy

How exactly are you supposed to get vassals?

Well Ragnavad did give me a very beautiful axe when I joined his kingdom, would be a shame not to use.
  4. Foohy

You can try using my mod
    I patched the game to get rid of the "happy with liege" crap and reduce the amount of gold you need to bribe the guy
    Also added ability to generate a new vassal for any fief you own or make companions into vassals
    You're a godsend, thanks! Will try it out after work.
  5. Foohy

I made that much just by fighting. ?‍♂️

edit: Defeating a normal, 90-120 man party = over 10,000 denars worth of loot + direct plunder + ransoms. Defeating an army of around 600-900 with moderately high tier units (call it an average of tier 3) will make you over 100,000 denars between loot and plunder, with ransoms being roughly 35,000 on top of that if take only enemy nobles and high tier mounted units.

The biggest problem you'll have is getting to a city wealthy enough to afford it all.

I appreciate your tips, but if you honestly think anyone will find this fun or a good suggestion, to farm millions just by fighting so you can get a single vassal, then we have different definitions of what fun gameplay is.

I like battles, but fighting (alone btw) for 10s, if not 100s of hours to get millions of gold to get A SINGLE lord? No thanks.
  6. Foohy

That's not enough, you're going to need millions. Like Apocal said 5-6 million before that line of dialogue will even be available. If there is a landless clan that you have a positive relationship with then it will cost far less maybe 250-400k but you'll still want to have 3-4x that amount.

Wow, that's disgusting, especially since the only way to make that money is two hours of literally smithing only. Who came up with this coding?
  7. Foohy

How rich? Because that line of dialog means you don't have enough money to buy him. If he has a decent settlement, expect something around 2 million, which means you need to have either 5 or 6 million denars to even open the dialog.
    He has Sargot, 3k prosp, I have 700k
  8. Foohy

Relation isn't having any impact on that. Relation just helps you tiny a bit on the dialogue, but its marginal and actually RNG anyway.
    Speak to a Vassal who is not having any settlements. You can search them through the encyclopedia (press N->"Clans"->search for fiefs top right).
    They are most likely willing to join a different Kingdom. Make sure that you have charm to Meaningful Favors Perk and your Athletics to Having Going (both at 75) it will improve your success chance on the dialoge a lot.

There's literally two battanians, an aserai and a khuzait (actual vassals) who don't have fiefs, the rest are just mercenaries. The guy I'm trying to get has only 1 fief.

Tested on one of them and indeed the dialogue popped up to recruit although I never even met him. What a dumb design for vassal recruitment requirements. Gj tw.
  9. Foohy

So I'm having issues with getting anyone to join my kingdom. I currently own Charas and Usanc Castle and I have build up my relation with various Vlandian vassals. Staging prison rescues is the fastest way to raise your relationship with them, you get around 30 relationship from a single rescue...
  10. Foohy

Bannerlord was a grift

I am back for my try-bannerlord-again-in-6-months and tbh, compared to how it was when I complained about it in January, there has been some noticeable improvement, mostly on the diplomacy side. Economy still sucks though, and now I can't help but notice how enemy lords just keep appearing out of nowhere with 1000 soldier armies although they just got destroyed 15 minutes before. Oh and smithing is still, somehow, majorly busted.

TW still sucks cause this is still taking way too long. We want stable mods cause TW is too incompetent to make their game enjoyable.
  11. Foohy

SP - Economy Economy suggestions

Last year in May I made a forum post with some suggestions for the game, including the economy which was broken at the time. I managed to make 2mil gold in 10 hours of only trading gameplay which was pretty broken. Now don't get me wrong, compared to back then, the economy is a lot more balanced...
  12. Foohy

Where are bannerlords?

Ikr? Literally unplayable.
    Devs pls.
  13. Foohy

best workshop for each town as of 1.5.7

As someone told me it is a war game with trading, not a trading game with war, so TW treats us very loyal traders community like second class citizens
    I can somewhat agree to that, but by that logic, the war part shouldn't be so closely tied to the economy. Armies cost a lot of money, and at the moment the only source of reliable income is fighting enemy lords.

Fiefs are more of a burden than a privilege to own, even with awesome governors fiefs struggle to make a profit. Caravans are either useless and make no money, or randomly surge for a few days giving a nice income. Workshops seem to be the only stable source of income you can get, and even then they are limited in the amount of workshops you can own * ~200g if you're lucky, which isn't bad but not good enough.

Do you happen to know if your clan tier is what's tied to the number of workshops you can have?
  14. Foohy

best workshop for each town as of 1.5.7

Thanks a lot!
    Was actually looking for this. The way they nerfed trading feels like they don't want the player to make money anymore.
  15. Foohy

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.7

I don't understand why they need to cap a 250 skill perk that only makes money. I've never done trading because it's perks are completely irrelevant for the player. There's few goodies a governor could make use of, but that's not possible.
    Does TW think 1k passive income is a lot? It's not. It's like a poor town + villages amount before garrison costs.
    To me, anyone leveling trading more then the first few perks clearly is going for the 300 perk and intends to buy towns without going to war. So why nerf their money when that's the only reason to play that way? If you you fight for loot then the whole thing goes down the toilet because you just take whatever towns you want. Trading is a completely different RP type of gameplay and has not way to be compared to standard warfare style of gameplay.

BTW why does trade have a 300 perk? Why does 2 handed only have 250 perk? This is some silly stuff and there' so much work that need to be done still to save skills/perks and character development.

You can get like 30k+ a day easily just roaming around and annihilating the AI lords. The only slow down is emptying all the nearby towns of their cash.

Yeah, I made a post last year around may I think about how trading was really OP, showed me making 2 mil in 10 hours of just trading and using caravans when they were OP too.
    Trading is still decent but only early game, and at some point, even if it is still profitable, you will want to get some passive income so you don't keep running around the map trading and actually start playing as a vassal.

They nerfed passive income to the ground, good workshops barely make any money and they also capped how many you can have, caravans are not making you any money or randomly surge for a couple of days and give you like 700 a day.
    Fief income is a joke as it costs more to maintain them than they produce, even with high prosperity and a really good governor. Being given towns/castles is now a burden rather than a privilege.
    The only good way to make money now is post-battle loot from fighting lords.

Leveling up skills becomes way too slow at some point. Of course skill points should take longer to level up the more you level up, but I think if they changed it to something like gradually increasing the XP required to level up a skill up to, let's say, 100 skill points, and from then on it takes just as long from 100 to 101,102 etc as it takes from 99 to 100, rather than increasing the XP required from each skillpoint to the next. You will still feel like progressing, and it's not taking too little or too long to level up from then on.
  16. Foohy

Not playing til the game is completed

No worries mate, you get used to reinstalling the game every couple of months and uninstalling after another 10 hours of gameplay in which you realize how much of a mess Native still is even after this much EA time.
  17. Foohy

Give up fiefs

So I went around trading to get a somewhat decent gold/day with 2 caravans and 2 workshops and joined the Vlandians as a vassal. Right off the bat we went and took Lageta and they decided to give it to me for some reason although I have been a vassal for maybe 1 in game week and the council...
  18. Foohy

The Final Release Date

Judging by the state the game is in now, 10 months after release, I doubt it will fully release this year.
  19. Foohy

We HaVe FiXeD DiPlOmAcY

Lmfao you guys are too savage

Salt bae, remember that one guys? Good one :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
  20. Foohy

We HaVe FiXeD DiPlOmAcY

I vhess dodging an argument is better then trying to argue tou so I am happy you dodged it.
    Yeah cause I was complaining about communication, not poking fun at how much time it takes TW to fix diplo.
Back
Top Bottom