Search results for query: *

1. Norseman13

My Thoughts After 780 Hours of Playtime

I have been playing this game off and on since it first came to early access, and I wanted to just put out my thoughts on the latest version 1.7.2. I'm going to try and break this up into some sections and cover a lot, but my overall thoughts are the early game is fun especially with the...
  2. Norseman13

Kranirog castle is completely broken

soldiers will barely go up one ladder and once the main door is broken through they all run away to stand in front of the ladders while not going up. Is this castle the same for everyone. I know we have a lot of problems on sieges but this castle stands out.
  3. Norseman13

Which Resolution?

I just bought a PC for gaming for the first time and you guys keep talking about 1080p and 1400 and 4k but all i see i a slider bar that goes 1 to 100. what is the setting 1080p? how do these number translate
  4. Norseman13

Why the hell is the Tannery so overpowered?

why is every other shop under powered. The struggle for money is real in the early game to the point that if you don't take out a good group of looters a day you cant afford your troops
  5. Norseman13

Cavalry rework poll/community suggestions

Id say nerf siege ability and auto resolve, but the problem is I only think the horse archers are the problem,
    not normal cavalry. Maybe do what they did to every other faction and make horse archers as rare as fian champions, sturgian warrior sons, or squires so they don't have entire armies of these mosquitoes.
  6. Norseman13

Khuzait is just insane at this point

In my current playthrough the Khuzait have 15 towns on autumn 9th 1087. Southern Empire is wiped out except one castle, Northern Empire lost everything. Both are left with only one clan. 4 Empire clans defected to the Khuzait, one to Sturgia, one to Aserai and probably one or two to the Western Empire, as they are the second strongest faction. In my opinion this is the main reason for snowballing. As soon as one faction looses a fief, everybody starts defecting. Super annoying.
    defecting in these games has always been stupid
  7. Norseman13

Prophesy of Pendor had 2k armies as the norm in late game (even for bandit factions), and snowballing never happened. In fact, more so than other overhauls and even vanilla Warbad, it took the longest for any one faction to conquer everything on its own. Locations traded hands regularly, but it all was fairly balanced. Perhaps the devs could look at how that mod balanced aggressiveness and campaign AI.
    I keep hearing great things about prophesy of pendor maybe they should just make take this game over
  8. Norseman13

historically accurate or not its still annoying. Also I think the inflation of party size in this game is ruining the balance. the fact that you can have multiple eight hundred to a thousand man armies running around makes the snowball effect a war beyond one players ability to counter. It makes it feel impossible especially since the AI kings and lords are constantly on the attack and almost never defend what they take. Add in a huge empire of horse archers with the map speed of a Corvette, the ability to do lapse around your whole army, and take castles whenever they want with nearly unlimited army size.
  9. Norseman13

Why is Sturgia so desperately poor? (1.4.1)

These arguments explain why the nords left Scandinavian and took over half of England. Problem is in the game these harsh conditions don't create top tier troops, just starving peasants trying to survive while Harold Fairhair wages war with everyone.
  10. Norseman13

Can we do something about the khuzaits?

I know this is an old thread but I've had the same experience in all of my play through. The Khan dominates every faction.In my last play through before i could even start my first caravan and build an army they had taken all of the sturgian lands in the north. Also the valandians had taken everything in the southern portion of sturgia. I started a new play through thinking with the buff to sturgian troops at least the wont lose their cities and castles. Wrong. They were a defeated faction before i could join to help.
    I am currently experimenting with a 50% archer, 10% Pikemen,Ulfhednar mixed into their formation(60%) and 15% Sturgian Veteran Warriors with 25% Valandian Cavalry army. I refuse to have to use Horse Archers because F()*&k them.
    Problems i see so far is i can't seem to get my cavalry to prioritize attacking the enemy infantry and archers, they just follow the horse archers around the map and leave the infantry to fight the whole foot battle and taking the horse archer out of range of my archers.
    I understand the historical aspect of the Khan Horse Archers but wow is it not fun. If only we could have some diplomacy and could unit all of the empire, Valandia, Sturgia, and Battania we might be able to stop them taking everything. Once the Khan is defeated we could go back to killing each other like normal.
  11. Norseman13

Locking troops into a formation

I have all the time in the world to place them since the enemy never advances. what I want is the ability to advance my troop in an orderly fashion like real soldiers without having to command all of them individual they whole time.
    I understand how to control them, I just wanted to now if that technique was available and I didn't know. that being said I for one would want that to be an option
  12. Norseman13

Locking troops into a formation

I've been searching on how to control troops but can't find the answer to my question. Is there a way to say place my infantry in a shield wall, my archers at some distance behind in a loose formation, my cavalry on the flank and lock that formation together. 90% of the time the enemy just sits...
  13. Norseman13

How to Play as the Sturgia [Video]

Well maybe matching Sturgian troops skill levels with the weapons they use my help. The champion cavalry has 220 bow and 60 polearm and is equipped with a polearm and no bow. I've heard of other stat mismatches but it being the top tier troop kinda stands out.
Back
Top Bottom