Search results for query: *

1. Armor lack of effectiveness Devs should consider

XaCKs.gif
    so now YOU want to tell me if im allowed to post anything on this forum? alright
  2. Armor lack of effectiveness Devs should consider

You mean like this?

Not exactly batting a thousand here, chief.
    for example, yes. but im only a single person and my time is limited, so i cannot react to everything. or read everything for that matter. but i do my best with my limited ressouces

I'm pretty sure I've said my fair share of opinions on the topic (in this same thread), I have a different take/approach than @five bucks on the solution; more akin to @Orion take on dealing with archers.
    Same conclusion ultimately, we're just waiting on TW to do any actionable thing in this regards (insert 'c'mon do something' meme)
    now you force me to read also your AND orions opinons on that matter? yikes. thanks. that will take some time i guess
    but yes, waiting on TW actions is everything we can ultimately do. and that will take some time i assume as balancing troops doesn´t seem to be their number one issue for now
  3. Armor lack of effectiveness Devs should consider

I guess we should leave this thread and shut up as this is a private conversation b/w you and @five bucks, apparently.
    If you have anything constructiv to add to the convesation, you are more then welcome to participate.

I'm a member of this forum and can participate in that capacity when I feel inclined to do so. That includes posting my opinion in topics about the game. You don't get to dictate to anyone where & how they engage on this forum, though you can certainly influence how people engage with you if you maintain that attitude.
    I´m not dictating anything, but I can very well tell you if your interruption is wanted or needed, if you fail to notice it yourself. And of course you can always disagree with my opinion. But it won´t stop me from speaking my mind. What shouldn´t be a problem for you as long as I show the same level of respect as you do
  4. Armor lack of effectiveness Devs should consider

I mean, it wasn't the only contribution, but I did edit in the rest later. It's slow going, typing on a phone.

Anyway, it's a direct quote from his latest post in the thread, not just on the same page but only 2 posts above your reply that I quoted. He directly addressed your concern, but you must have missed it. Surely you wouldn't be participating in a long-form discussion on an entirely written medium and choose not to read, right?
    Obviously I would and will probably miss out on quotes in the future as well. So what? I am not unable to apologise. Especially when both paticipants agree on the same topic.
    And I´m certain @five bucks is absolutly capable to point me out on a mistake i made.
    We are having a respectful, civilised conversation so why don´t you mind your own buisness? I´m sure you have better things to do then browsing convesations looking out for people who made a simple, unproblematic mistake.
  5. Armor lack of effectiveness Devs should consider

He has said this many times now, consistently, since this thread was created:
    so i missed a post in a 7 pages long thread? how could i? now i feel so ashamed i have to quit. thanks for ending the conversation. what a pleasure to have people like you around who´s only contribution into conversations is this
  6. Armor lack of effectiveness Devs should consider

Right now the best strategy is to upgrade only to archers or horse archers, never upgrading to infantry. Fixing archers so they are balanced will incentivise the player to use a much wider range of troops.
    unfortunatly no. the strongest units are noble units and they are available everywhere (part of the problem). so if fians and khans guard are no longer an option, noble cav is the next obvious choice. even if you would just unmount them and use as infantry
  7. Armor lack of effectiveness Devs should consider

A rework worked for blunt damage, it can work for pierce damage.
    Arrows are not the only one that deal pierce damage. So do swords and spears. And I really don´t want spears to be even weaker. If you nerf anything it has to be Archers themself.
    And in terms of killing infantry in masses, that would only work if said infantry has no shields. Otherwise it would be hard to kill even one as shields don´t break from arrows.
  8. Getting tired of no-win situations,

You can clear the map without executing people, but you have to go very hard and efficiently and it's very grindy, especially post 1.1.0 as the AI vassals will barely help you at all. This isn't how most people seem to want to play though and they get butthurt when they ask for help and are told all thier troops are trash and everything they do in the game is bad. But that's the game, you must cross a threshold of overt power and campaign time efficiency to take the map, if you don't then it's just wack-a-mole forever in the same fiefs. If you waste time (smithing, finding lords, quests) during war you fall behind. If you use troops that die more then almost never you fall behind. The AI can rebuild and recover so fast and has so much hidden money that you have to be constantly on the attack to make progress.

Most of the people who buy this game only play into the middle of that game, if that.
    Games should be fun, not frustrating. It´s not even difficult, it´s just frustrating doing the same over and over. I call that bad game design
  9. Armor lack of effectiveness Devs should consider

Just like they were in Warband.
    But they won´t. TW made it painfully clear, they don´t want to make things like they were in Warband. And if you look at the mechanics in Bannerlord (like the speed bonus to damage) just a small increase in armor will not get you there.
    I am not argueing that units need more balance. They absolutly do. But I don´t think just more armor will solve that issue. All it does is get you to what RBM already does. Units deal less damage and fights take more time. I could be wrong, but from what I see until now, TW wants fights to be more arcade like. Quick and easy. Wether you like it or not.
    And a general increase in armor won´t just affect archers, but all units. So even when you get archers to be as weak as you want, all other units will also suffer from it. Then you need to put up their damage. But what units? And how much?
    And a decrease from 4 to 7 hits is not small. That´s massiv.
    Then you have the problem child called Fians. They are too strong without a doubt, but if they get a massiv nerf, they will just reflect what they are in auto resolve already. Garbage. And instead of more diverse armies even the player will start to sport the same units as the AI and you get to the point where every battle looks and feels the same.What they already do, more then I like.
    As for spear brace, it´s in the game, but how often do you see it? Most units are not equipped to do it.
  10. Armor lack of effectiveness Devs should consider

I want shieldless infantry to run into archers and have a roughly even fight with them. The archers injure them on the way there but do not kill them outright, then it is a fight between a (wounded) melee fighter and (a less skilled in melee) archer.
    So basicly the same as crossbowman but with less damage. Can´t say I like that, but I see where you coming from.
    I´m afraid we will never agree as you would like to have another infantry unit with some range abilities and I don´t want to rob archers of their unique fighting style (strong on range, weak in melee).
    But i guess your idea could work as it already does with skirmish units. except for sieges. if archers deal less damage to all units, you can´t really consider them highly effectiv
  11. Armor lack of effectiveness Devs should consider

However even if you made the AI perfect, archers would still be capable of mowing down shieldless infantry before they reach melee range, and still capable of mowing down shielded infantry as soon as they have to engage in melee combat. Even when the AI performs perfectly, ranged troops still outperform other troops by a big margin.
    So you want shieldless infantry run into archers and wreck them? What would be the point in having such useless units in any army if they are not even capable to take down units that are defensless against them?
    Yes, archers are a very strong units, and a small nerf to their damage would probably be fine or a slight increase in armor, but I can already tell you a small increase in armor would not be enough to make Falxman run into them and delete them.
    However, i appreciate your detailed answer and apologise for keeping mine so short, but i think you are really exaggerating. I do understand that you consider archer as the biggest thread for your gameplay, but making them useless is not the answer.
  12. Armor lack of effectiveness Devs should consider

There are certain limitations with this too, the added computational load for properly 'leading' the aim, especially with up to 1k agents would be ridiculous.

AI also only ever have single formation archers/infantry groups (only cav split into the 2 wings) so there's only so many 'tactics' TW is capable of deploying.

There's no group/formation targeting anyways even if you split them up, you/AI can't tell one to hang back and focus on a split infantry group, have one at a tree line for flanking shots, etc...you can't even tell your infantry to fallback without turning their backs to the enemy!
    I mean, that 'issue' with the party group sorting change with OOB, from what I gather is their reasoning for said change, that change should also make it easier for them to add this formation/group targeting to the AI?
    won´t argue on that. i am sure it´s not easy to do (if possible at all). and formation targeting? i would love to see that (no ironie) but even if possible i don´t think they would do it. TW tries to keep the fighting as casual as possible.
    what i peviously forgot to mention was the speed bonus to damage, what adds another layer to the problem. balancing a game is really not easy
  13. Need mod

Are you sure that you are using vanilla? I have never seen that option in vanilla and just checked and could not find it. The options I have are change their position in the clan, reward for services, inspect troops, and I have to leave now. I am pretty sure that vanilla does not give you an easy way to change the equipment of your clan members that are leading other parties. The only way I know of is to send someone else to lead the party for a bit and bring the old party leader to your party. You can then re-equip him or her and then switch back the party leader. It's super janky. And that doesn't even consider that there is no real way to give horses or food variety to your clan parties, which would also be useful and probably possible through the mod you are using.
    honestly, i´m not so sure anymore. I thought i saw it when i had no mods installed, but it´s a while ago since i played without mods. Sorry if I gave wrong advise.
  14. Armor lack of effectiveness Devs should consider

Right now archers are OP and we want them to be balanced. Nobody is proposing they should become useless.
    What if archers are not op? What if the problem was/is and will always be the AI?
    Cataphracts pull out their 2 handed polearm and sit in an arrow volley. Infantry puts shields up but then starts running left and right and expose flanks and back. You can see this in every battle.
    Put up a shieldwall that holds the line and all of a sudden Archers do nothing.
    I don´t say this is the only solution, but you can see what happens when you increase the armor a lot with the RBM mod. It turns noble cavalrie units into immortal tanks. If that´s what you want, go ahead. But i wouldn´t consider that balanced
  15. Transmog

If you're on PC you can use this mod right here. It's exactly what you're looking for but I don't know if it works for the latest version. However if you're on console you're out of luck :wink:
    great. thanks a bunch
  16. Transmog

I know this will not happen unless there is a DLC, but I would love to see it.
  17. Need mod

Show a screenshot of the dialog.
    It´s not that complicated. Just pick the dialog option "Let me inspect your inventory". It opens your and the partyleaders inventory, then pick him from drop down menu top middle
  18. Need mod

What mods do you have installed?
    no mod. it´s vanilla
  19. Need mod

I need a mod that adds the ability to dress the leaders of my clan's units that are in my army.
    Talk to them. "Let me change your inventory". Then they show up in your companion list at the bottom and you can change their gear
  20. The next patch

hope for the best, expect the worst
Back
Top Bottom