Search results for query: *

• Users: guiskj
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. guiskj

You know the game is dead when the adult mods take over...

Whether you like that type of content or not, it is a good measure that the community has moved on from a game when its modding scene is taken by adult content...
  2. guiskj

Dialog/Quest workflow best practices?

During Beta, I tried adding some quests to my mostly tweaks mod and I was seriously disheartened by how difficult the system was to use. Adding a few lines of dialog was easy enough, but the whole thing didn't seem to lend itself to helping authors manage a narrative. Has anyone found a...
  3. guiskj

The Lost Relic

Lost Ezerai Scroll. Me: I would like you to write a side quest, including possible player dialog options. This side quest is set in the world of Calradia, from the game Mount & Blade: Bannerlord. Sure, here's a possible side quest set in the world of Calradia: Title: The Missing Relic...
  4. guiskj

SP - Battles & Sieges Retreat and Player Defeat

I would like to suggest a more engaging gameplay for dealing with Players being outmatched and loosing. Corollary: "Loosing should be punishing, but interesting" This means that players should be incentivised to win but discourage from avoiding loosing at all costs. However, loosing a battle...
  5. guiskj

Allow DialogFlow.GotoDialogState to use any InputToken

Currently, when creating a dialog flow using DialogFlow.CreateDialogFlow it is not possible to navigate the user to anywhere outside that flow using GotoDialogState This means that I cannot create a flow that starts on a player line at the input token of "hero_main_options" then have some...
  6. guiskj

SP - Quests ChangeRelationAction.ApplyPlayerRelation without Charm XP

Please add an option to the ChangeRelationAction.ApplyPlayerRelation call to NOT award Charm XP. I am trying to write custom quests for Bannerlord and I would like to be able to award a big relation gain with certain characters due to story events without the player getting awarded a bucket...
  7. guiskj

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Reduce Damage Dealt Campaign Option

You already can customize how much damage you (the player), friendly troops and friendly parties receive. From full, to 2/3, to 1/2. My request is for another option to allow the player to control how much damage is dealt to enemy troops and heroes. From full, to 2/3, to 1/2. The reason for...
  8. guiskj

Resolved [1.5.6 Beta] - High framerate fluctuation in weaker rigs

I am experience a large amount of framerate spikes and drops with 1.5.6. The game for me on 1.5.4 had areas where my framerate tanked, but consistently so, but otherwise it ran around 30 fps. Now, on 1.5.6, almost no matter the scene, world map or menu, my frame rate keeps jumping to 40-50+...
  9. guiskj

Can't make my button clickable

I got a button in a new prefab but I must be missing something because it won't click nor call the click function. Here is the prefab <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <Prefab> <Constants /> <VisualDefinitions> </VisualDefinitions> <Window> <Widget...
  10. guiskj

[RESOLVED] GauntletUI questions during Character Creation

I have three questions regarding the GauntletUI in Character Creation: 1 - How are you supposed to add Layers to those screens?? I am trying to add some extra functionality to the FaceGenBody.xml window but so far no luck. Behaviour class: public class CharacterGenPresetBehavior ...
  11. guiskj

Why is Tactics so focused on simulation?

Why on earth would the Tactics skill tree's perk focus so heavily on simulated battles? Bannerlord biggest achievement is cool large(ish) scale fights. Why would a player waste precious Focus Points on a skill that has its main advantage placed on a facet of gameplay that is mostly designed for...
  12. guiskj

[RESOLVED] Help creating Merc Clan [1.5.3]

I am trying to create a mercenary clan but I can't get the leader to show up correctly. I thought the only two files one needed to create a Merc clan was "spclans" and "spspecialcharacters" (let's leave the party templates out for now) Here is my setup: "SPCLANS" <Faction...
  13. guiskj

soundtrack.xml questions

This is a open question for the devs (or modders that may know). I am thinking of writing a simple script that adds entries to the soundtrack.xml based on metadata driven from music files, so that the community can more easily add new soundtrack to the game from music they already own...
  14. guiskj

SP - General Cavalry unit refunds when upgraded/killed

This is a small but very impactful suggestion to make fielding cavalry units less of a huge investment. Right now, I never upgrade cav units, I only recruit them from prisoners. Why? Because they cost too much and die too easily. Even then, I babysit them heavily and often choose to not use...
  15. guiskj

SP - General Bring back full XP for Arena fights

Every character I play has the same leveling arc, where his fighting skills start below a villager recruit and by the time I am clan rank 3 they have, maybe, reached 100. The problem with this is that, at rank 3, you naturally start transitioning into an army commander and spend most of the...
  16. guiskj

SP - General Designing Bannerlord

The goal of this post is to provide constructive criticism to TaleWorlds as we analyse a game that we are all obviously failry invested in. Providing this feedback is the strength of early access. I originally posted something similar as a response to another post but thought it deserved its...
  17. guiskj

SP - General [Feature Request] Include all party leaders in auto-resolve simulations

Simple request to include all party leaders... What the title says. In active battles, my character is not a bystander, so why would he/she just watch when in auto-resolve? Also, this would help mitigate the fact that it gets very hard to level your melee skills (at least for me) after I reach...
  18. guiskj

SP - General [Feature Request] Clan Party settlement recruitment when in army

When you are commanding an army, all out-of-clan parties do the following that in-clan-parties do not: 1. Recruit available units in visiting fief, up to party capacity 2. Deposit prisoners in friendly dungeons 3. Donate troops to friendly garrison. My request is that our in-clan-parties...
  19. guiskj

Does Bannerlord not support NVidia T4 GPUs?

Hello, I am trying to get Bannerlord to run on a NVidia T4 GPU and 1.4.1 gives me horrible FPS, while 1.4.2 Beta simply just crashes. Some context: My meager laptop cannot run Bannerlord very well. And GeForce Now and other Cloud Gaming platforms do not support modding. Being an IT guy I...
  20. guiskj

How do you unit test your mods?

I am learning how to mod Bannerlord and so far things are going rather well. I am using existing mods to help me navigate the C# code since documentation is not available yet. However, one thing that I have not been able to understand is how to correctly write unit tests for Behaviours, Layers...
Back
Top Bottom