Search results for query: *

1. Patch Notes e1.6.4

I've noticed that happening too and I believe it has something to do with the shaders cache (ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders). I had to delete it a few times in the past (notably after launching a mismatching version of the modding kit, the game would crash after showing a black screen and a messed up loading sprite), and the game takes a long time to rebuild it with the exact same behavior as the one you describe. Basically it looks like the game is compiling shaders during gameplay, but maybe it's something else.
    Thanks for the tip! I found what I think might (?) be the file in question at [Bannerlord]/Shaders/D3D11/Compressed_Shader_Cache.Sack , then deleted that file and validated. It took 3 attempts for the validation to actually check out, but even after that, the problem is unchanged. Either that file is not the file(s) I need to replace, or the problem is due to the actual file that Steam is downloading, or the problem is due to something else in the software, or the problem is due to a hardware issue. I can at least check that last by playing other games which I had left abandoned and alone due to my reignited infatuation with Bannerlord, but for the rest I suspect that I'll just have to wait for further updates before I can continue the saga of mighty Kuzhait conqueror Bob the Unwashed.
  2. Patch Notes e1.6.4

I'm not completely sure that this is a "real" problem or something about my machine (however, BGIII still runs as smooth as silk, and I'm not seeing any problems with other demanding games) - but ever since the 1.6.4 patch, I've been practically unable to play Bannerlord for the first time since early on in the development process.
    The first problems were repeated Disk Write Errors to my external SSD - which I've never had before with any Steam game. It took a few different tries to clear that up, but then two consecutive validations followed by a repeated uninstall and fresh install kept leaving me with 'corrupted files' that needed to be redownloaded. I think the last one after the validation after the last clean install has left me OK, but it's acting like there's a serious memory leak again - when I open any of the windows, like garrison management in a castle or town, or trading in a village or town, the game will repeatedly freeze up for a minute or more during the process. Thumbnail images take a long time to load, and sometimes the paperdoll models will be just a head, feet, weapons and shield for over a minute while the loading catches up. Everything takes so much longer, from buying or selling supplies, to transferring troops within my army, simply because of these repeated freezes. Luckily this doesn't happen during large combats, but the game has crashed several times at the very beginning of a combat.
    Up until recently, I didn't mind going back and restarting the game after a significant patch, but this game was going quite well and I was looking forward to actually moving into the later stages of clan development (children growing up, etc.). I don't actually want to sound like a whiner - I've been having a blast since I came back to it after leaving it for about 6 months, and this came as kind of a shock. I thought it was my setup at first, but nothing else I have, Steam or otherwise, seems to be having this sort of problem (yet).
    The worrying thing is that it doesn't look like anybody else is struggling with this sort of thing, so I may have to scrap this game, and put Bannerlord back onto my regular HD again. Maybe it just doesn't like SSDs, or maybe my SSD doesn't like it. Anyway, this is really just a long, grumpy comment; I suspect that whatever the problem is, it's a system-related one, not a program-related one, and I'll just have to do some rearranging when I get around to it. It's a shame, because the game has really filled out nicely, and it was a real pleasure to play up until the patch. Everybody involved has done some good work!
  3. Resolved Sudden leap in "salary" of followers and potential followers

I did not see this listed as a bug, but I probably just overlooked it. Sometime around the earliest release of 1.4.1 I noticed that my daily expense suddenly jumped from about breaking even to about $3,000 or more (sometimes much more) more. I hadn't done anything, so I began trying to pin it...
  4. Resolved Wife doesn't get pregnant at all

I've apparently got an interesting variant. My wife conceived and had a kid fairly quickly after we married, but since then (about a year in-game), nothing. We've been pretty constantly together, since rather than risk her going off to be HOLDING in the wilds of Aseria, I've had her as part of my army at all times. In past playings, we would have had 3 or more kids by now (one time we had 5). I don't think she's gotten pregnant, either, which is another odd thing. In past playings, she used to get pregnant while alone in the castle, or while imprisoned by an enemy, so I know she can do it. I only wonder if an NPC can become infertile with no announcement - which would be realistic, of course. Naturally, I would still honor my wedding vows, but it would make me wish that bastards were a part of the rich in-game experience..
  5. SP - General Some long-lasting (and fairly minor) problems

As I prepare to start yet another new game, I thought this would be a good time to dump some of the things that have been bothering me - none of which are all that serious, and probably have not been addressed because the game developers are busy with important stuff. Some of these appear to...
  6. Resolved Spouse caught in the follower "Ain Baliq" glitch

Version: 1.3.1 Computer specs: Win10, i5-9400 CPU, 16 GB of RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 1660 I know the HOLDING glitch has expanded to now include a loss of access to the paperdoll screen after kicking and rehiring the follower (similar to the way followers in the 'tutor' quest do not allow access...
  7. Issues With Children

The developers already acknowledged, and I believe in the Beta are tweaking, the rate at which children are being born. Although having a large family is perhaps an ideal situation, when or if they increase the chance of death during child-births then this can be absolutely perilous if it keeps happening at an accelerated rate.
    They may be tweaking, but if so, it's very, very minuscule! We now have 7 babies and she's pregnant again, and we've been married a little over a year. I make it about a 2-month gestation, or less. Perhaps this is an alternate universe..
    I mean, to be fair, I have no problem with the speedy and constant pregnancy - it's what I would have done in real life, if not for effective birth control by my wife, but I think an intervening time of at least 10 months between births might be more realistic here.
  8. Lord's Changed (secretly)

Do you mean that every time you start the new campaign on the same version of the game, the appearance of the Lords change randomly? :grin:
    I noticed on my last restart that some, but not all, of the lords look very different. Others look exactly the same. I'm not sure what this indicates, but it did change my marital choices..
  9. Resolved Prisoners and Glitches with Prisoners

So,
    my husband was imprisoned I spoke with the person who had him and in the negotiation page there was no option for his release I also spoke with the leader of the faction my husband was imprisoned by and had no option too release him.

Then while he was imprisoned I ended up getting pregnant.

Great job on the game guys!
    Switch genders, and that was my experience - my wife was captured, remains captured because I can find no way to ransom her (nobody has any option available), and she became pregnant while captured. Scandalous!
  10. Leveling is cringe-worthy

"It reminds of the bizarre Oblivion level-up system in some way, where you would deliberately choose 'main' skills (which cause you to level up) that you have no interest in using, just so that you can gain proper attribute bonuses per level up. "

That dates back to Daggerfall, if not before, and was sort of what I also did in Bane of the Cosmic Forge - choose the "wrong" attributes/skills to focus on, so the character would end up more well-rounded in normal game-play. It kind of defeated the apparent purpose (to make certain types of character more specialized), but I enjoyed the game more when my characters could go in 'non-standard' directions.
  11. Issues With Children

It's an interesting take on human biology! My wife and I have been married for less than a year, but we already have 4 children and she's pregnant again. Alas, she has been campaigning and then captive since before the last child was born (it was delivered to my fief, apparently by stork), so I don't know what to think..
    I suspect that the 'child production' algorithm (which was supposedly fixed, iirc) needs a little further tweaking!
  12. Faction leaders taking every fief for themselves

I had that happen with Southern Empire - even castles I captured on my own were taken by Rhagaea. So, I left and joined the Aserai. I was given the first castle that was captured by the faction, then took a castle myself that was given to me, and then I was given a city nearby that was captured by the faction, which was a complete surprise to me. I have no idea what governs the choices - my rating with both Rhagaea and Unquid is the same (0), and I didn't go out of my way to ingratiate myself with either one. Maybe each leader gets a randomized 'personality' when you start the game? I've noticed that some of the nobles look quite different from game to game, so who knows..
Back
Top Bottom