Search results for query: *

1. Centralisation/Decentralisation and Prosperity as a currency

I too see that as a problem. But I think the idea of a "peasant revolt" in general is a bit strange. Unlike today the ruling class of the day consisted of professional warriors who trained all their life for war. Revolting against such a class as a commoner who has neither the experience nor the equipment to fight on the same level would be suicide. Also culturally commoners generally knew their place. The church cemented the idea of the classes being gods will. Thus peasant revolts were quite rare during the middle ages. Also why should the town revolt against their lord? What benefit would they have for doing so? The villages won't resurrect themselves when the lord is gone.
    "Rare" is a relative statement but lower class revolts did happen. I'm not expert and here is a list of medieval revolts that were largely lower class in character from the top of my head. I'm sure an actual historian would know a lot more:

Europe:
    Peasant Revolt in England
    Hussites in Czech
    Peasants War in Germany

Muslim World:
    Mamluks were a class of slave soldiers who rose up to control a sultanate

Japan:
    Ikko Ikki movement

China:
    An Lushan Rebellion

To say it was "suicide" is also not always correct. Sure, they lost a lot, but they won too. The Hussites won every battle and were only defeated through political maneuvering - and even in defeat some of their demands were met. Ikko ikki defeated many samurai armies and controlled areas of Japan for over a hundred years. Mamluks gained political power and overthrew the previous dynasties.

I assume by "the church" you mean the Catholic Church. Just a reminder that the Cathoic Church only influenced a small area of the world in the middle ages. If we assume a 1 to 1 correspondence with the factions in the game and real world examples only 2 factions would be influenced by the Catholic Church - Battanians and Vlandia. Khuzaits are based of nomadic groups and would be animist, nestorian christanity, or tengrisim. Sturgia are based of the Rus and would follow Russian Orthodox. Empire are based of the Byzantines and would follow Greek Orthodox. Aserai would be Muslim. So what the church teaches wouldn't be relevant for everyone, and was only relevant for a small part of the world in actual history.
  2. Assimilation?

Sounds like the loyalty mechanic could be rebalanced then. They absolutely should remain distinct cultures though. A greek dynasty ruled Egypt for a long time, shouldn't really be a primary cause for revolt.

If recruiting troops appropriate to the army is the issue, that should be handled with better recruitment mechanics. If these cultures didn't become imperial throughout the centuries of rule, they shouldn't do so in a handful of years.
    Not to be a "Well actually..." guy but the Ptolemaic dynasty absolutely faced revolts by Native Egyptian forces. Obviously any revolt has a myriad of causes - in this case lower class discontent, succession dispute within the Ptolemies, external forces, etc. But the fact that they were viewed as a "foreign" dynasty was certainly part of it.

3. Some Suggestions from ItalianSpartacus

That's more saying you disagree with all his statements and/or they are false.

I already watched most of it before it was even posted here.

Yeah entertainers are entertaining. He still didn't say anything that wasn't said 50 times already. I might just go on a ackshully stuper and list out everything I disagree with, just for the fun of it! It'sd fun to tell you I disagree and it's even better when you pull kindergarten mom phycology like "well why don't you go do something else" NO.

For the KING of metal, you're not very metal ?
    My screen name is a album by the metal band ManowaR, which who are largely considered a joke within the metal community. If you listened to metal you'd know that.

I'm going to keep watching Italiansparticus and enjoying. Hope you have a good day.
  4. Some Suggestions from ItalianSpartacus

Neither "Person said wrong info" or "I disagree with person's statements" is hating on him.
    His suggestions are mostly fine because they're 100% obvious, cept a couple that are kinda based on a wrong assumption of mechanics and/or have been NO'd already by devs. There's absolutely nothing new or of value though, so posting the vid here is just SO WHAT?
    Someone literally said "this guy is so full of s----" that goes beyond a simple disagreement.

If you don't find the video of value then go on with your life. No one is forcing you to watch it. I generally like his videos and I'm not alone, they have thousands and thousands of views and he has 100k plus subscribers.

Just completely attacking a someone who has completely reasonable suggestions about the game has lost me.
  5. Some Suggestions from ItalianSpartacus

I don't think anyone is ****ting on him. Just calling out the bull****. He literally said "TW has done a great job listening to the community" which is demonstrably false. So he is either not informed, or being willfully dishonest about it. Which do you think it is?
    I don't agree with him about that. But I think the actual suggestions in the video are solid and reasonable and common sense. Do you actually disagree with any of them?

I don't think being fixated on 1 sentence in a 30 minute video is "calling out the bull****" I think it's obsessively negative and irrational.
  6. Some Suggestions from ItalianSpartacus

The people ****ting on ItalianSparticus have lost me. I don't always agree with everything he says but his youtubes are thoughtful and logical. He has reasons for everything he says. I'm also disappointed with some of the slow progress on the game but it's not his fault! If you're so sour that you're angry at him for something out of the control time to look inward for the problem.
  7. Any recent mods that make it easier/less costly to recruit lords?

With Banner lord cheats you can convince everyone, but you have to pay. Try to do it outside the cities, inside they only ask for money, outside you can also offer goods.
    Thank you!
  8. Any recent mods that make it easier/less costly to recruit lords?

I'm on 1.5.9 using some mods and getting sick of the same old broken persuasion, plus now I can offer millions and the barter slider for recruiting lords will barely budge. Any mods to make it easier/less costly? Some of the old ones cause a crash.
  9. Everything is ruined by shortcuts and poor planning

Perhaps you should respond to what I said instead of a straw man. I have no problem with strong female characters; I have a problem with Mary Sue characters who are just instantly great at everything (Jedi powers, piloting, fighting) with no explanation or context. The Rey character is ridiculous, nothing earned or developed just given to push the story along.

Ex: In the force awakens Rey - flys the millennium falcon through a grounded/half destroyed star destroyer - with virtually no piloting experience, or experience flying the falcon.

Also, doesn't Rey beat Kylo Ren in a light saber duel at the end of the movie? LOL - I mean cmon. Again, no training, no experience fighting force users vs someone trained by Luke Skywalker.
    Uh I was responding to Grandamula that's why I quoted them...

But I will respond to you here. Complaining about Rey is hella weird to me. New SW are horrible but for other reasons. In episode 4 Luke destroys the Empire's most modern and toughest technology - the Deathstar - even though his only flying experience is hunting overgrown rats with a tiny in atmosphere airplane T-16. Between episode 5 and 6 Luke magically turns into an a Jedi off screen...not explained at all.... Again no one has a problem with it. Weird cause the only difference between Luke and Rey is gender...very weird how it causes such a different reaction. I don't get it.
  10. Everything is ruined by shortcuts and poor planning

The woke cult are spoiling everything, to many women with balls everywhere.
    About games, we can notice a big improvement in graphics in the last ten years but almost none in AI, at least in gaming the AI simply stops many years ago.
    Whenever I hear the words "woke" or "sjw" in someone complaining I know I'm going to hear a stupid opinion.
    Strong women characters ruined star wars? Ummm Princess Leia was in the original series hello????

More specifically to this game is made in Turkey, a country with a far right wing government. It has one of the lowest ratios of women in parliament of any country. Gay marriage is illegal. Gay people cannot serve in the military. The government denies historical atrocities such as Armenian genocide and persectues minorities such as Kurds in the modern day. Now none of this is Taleworlds fault they are just people making a game, but how in the hell do you think in a far right wing country they are influenced by "wokeness"?
  11. Pls make my clan parties stop donating troops to my garrisons

So far here what have been planned by the devs
    I appreciate you updating this. But in my opinion there are several things missing -
    1) The ability to tell clan members to not join ally armies
    2) The ability to tell clan members to repeat previous roles after being captured, i.e. if one was leading a trading caravan to auto-start a new caravan...or if one was leading a war party to start gathering recruits again. Having to go halfway across the map after to manually do this after a clan member is captured is boring as hell and not good gameplay.
  12. Killing an army needs to have a much bigger reward

Mind giving a concrete example of the additional reward you want? I've seen people saying the rewards are too big and it's too easy to get rich from it and stuff. Personally I think it's good enough. You get loot, prisoners and basically cripple their power for a while. To be fair tho, I pick my battles. I don't jump into an evenly matched battle because I know of the risks.
    Not OP, but I would like to feel that defeating a large army in a hard fought battle is somehow decisive or significant. The fact that they come back in two weeks with another full stack is demoralizing and not fun game play.
  13. Pls make my clan parties stop donating troops to my garrisons

lmao yes, just print money

jokes aside, we should be able to tell them to "move there", "join an army", "patrol around", "recruit these", "don't recruit these" etc. A budget thing is not enough
    Seriously. Not being able to control clan member parties is seriously frustrating. I know there are mods but this is functionality that should be in the base game.
  14. Recruit noble troops from castles only!

I'm pretty sure you can visit any castle as long as your not at war with the faction or are on bad terms with its owner
    I thought you couldn't unless you had positive relation and/or part of the faction. Maybe I'm wrong? If one could feely visit non-enemy castles and recruit noble troops I would feel a lot better about this proposal.
  15. Cavalry wage

I am paying 1300 per cavalryman in up front cost...each. If one dies, I need to spend another 1300 to get a new one (plus track down horses in Azeris to do it that cheaply.)

In large battles, I lose 3-4 cavalry per fight with lots of micro....So losing 4-5k per pitched battle seems reasonable cost to me...this doesn’t include the random losses from auto resolving a fight either.
    The high upfront cost validates the current upkeep for a vanilla game.
    Great point.
  16. Recruit noble troops from castles only!

How does going to a castle to recruit noble troops affect your roleplay any more than going to a village to recruit them?
    If don't want to be part of a faction then I can't go to their castles and can't get their troops. It would restrict my gameplay unnecessarily

It would be less of a problem if there were better/faster ways to level leadership to get the perk to convert bandit troops. But as it is right now it faces the same issue, unless you are part of a faction and commanding armies you can't level leadership, and even then it's really slow.
  17. Captain perks are still not working correctly?

Can you elaborate a bit? I find the feature to be good although the perks can be better in general.
    I'm not the poster, but I think it's weak and punishing not to let the player use captain perks to benefit their troops, or at least assign one formation to apply them to. Let me enjoy the game and apply bonus to my troops! It feels like punishment.
  18. Cavalry wage

Passive income needs to be buffed first, and more varied ways to make money. I need to be able to manage caravans from the party screen rather than having to chase down companions who were captured in some city on the other side of the world. After that, sure raise the wage for cavalry.
  19. I love bannerlord

I really enjoyed the game but got burnt out on all the little things that were frustrating. I was playing on Geforce Now, so no mods. I switched to Shadow so I can have mods. Mods are making me enjoy this game again with both qol and depth of gameplay, and most of these things should be in the base game:

1)I can control my companions
    2)Auto recruitment for garrisons
    3)Party window sorting, upgrade all, etc.
    4) banners
    5) increase rebellions etc. from separatism mod
    6) bannerlord tweaks makes leveling not take ages, and I can recover smithing on the world map

As I said I really enjoyed the game and I'm not as harsh on taleworlds as some here. But it is kinda frustrating that all of the things listed above are not just in the base game after a year ...seems like common sense
  20. Recruit noble troops from castles only!

Leadership 150 my friend. My castles are garrisoned by Fian Champions.
    Yes, I do this nearly every time. However:
    1) Leveling leadership is really slow
    2) Used to be at 125 and they moved it to 150, just to cause pain?
    3) It's impossible to do unless you are a vassal and can call an army. Meaning this path severely constricts my role play choices. What if I don't want to be a vassal?

I would be a lot more okay with this is if one could call companions to armies even when not a vassal, and/or level leadership in other ways.
Back
Top Bottom