Search results for query: *

1. Schlarkenstein

Beta Patch Notes e1.6.1

Oh jeez. I never use those, but if they're fixed then they might be more effective than the towers at this point.
    I just tested some sieges. Typically, attacking troops get over the walls with ladders better than siege towers.

Siege towers still need a lot of work.

Overall, the siege improvements are promising. Mid-Late game will be a lot more playable now. However, there is still a long way to go.
  2. Schlarkenstein

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Sister's broken again :sad:

Last time I played 1.5.8 it forced engineering on her, now in new game she's got no attributes. Is this normal now?
    It's hard to report education related bugs because the education won't always trigger when you load a sdave.

Also my siblings look absolutely nothing like me or my family! Anyone getting this/reported it?
  3. Schlarkenstein

Resolved The ? cursor replaces the normal mouse cursor when right-clicking on impassable terrain.

I’ve been having this occur too. It had felt like it had been happening while hovering over impassible terrain, not just clicking. But I’ll need to pay attention the next time I play.
    I often use the right mouse click to rotate my view. - That's how I figured out that it was happening from right clicking on impassable terrain!

I took a video on my phone but it was a bit too tragic haha so I'm going to see if I can find a screen recorder that also captures the cursor.
  4. Schlarkenstein

Resolved Moving Siege Tents When A Battle is Near

If you are able to reproduce this again with the save file, please let us know!

I have come across this too. I managed to recreate it with a save file and have uploaded it.

The filename is "Moving Tents.sav".
    and the description is:

To recreate: Attack Tululs party (while being close to the besieging army). Accept the fight. You will see the tents slide across the campaign map to join Tululs party.
  5. Schlarkenstein

Resolved 1.5.8 Project incorrect construction calculation - adding more money to reserve makes construction take longer

Do you have a save file just before adding gold to the reserve?
    Yes I do.

I just tried to upload it to http://upload.taleworlds.com:8080/ and it said "upload aborted"... and then it said "Your file was uploaded successfully."...

So you might find two copies there! Or you might find nothing haha. Let me know if you don't receive it and I will try again.
  6. Schlarkenstein

1.58 Game balance thoughs

1. Managing a network of businesses and traders should increase the character's business acumen (trade skill). A percentage of the player's trade skill should be used as a 'bonus' to the caravanner's trade buy/sell and the player should get some trade EXP from his caravan's profits. This would represent increased profits from being in a franchise/network of caravans led by an influential/successful businessman. I'm sure that Amazon can buy widgets cheaper than a country store can.
    Can definitely get on-board with that - I'm actually surprised it isn't already a perk or something.
  7. Schlarkenstein

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Suggestion: Companion handling after 'killed' in battle

Or simply have the option to turn off companion deaths. (Right now the only alternative is to turn of all deaths in your playthrough). Injuries are something that many mods introduced to Warband but I don't see that happening for Bannerlord.

I do think that companion armour should be recoverable (if they are in your party when they die).

I actually think that companions dying improves the RPG aspect of the game. It makes them feel more meaningful - however, I do believe their death chance is probably too high at the moment for the casual play-through. This is fine for a harder play through though. I enjoy the extra challenge. Most of Bannerlord is too easy right now.
  8. Schlarkenstein

Preventive Medicine perk is broken and nearly acts like a cheat heal.

No, it didn't, lol. It had straight-up re-healing skills as well.
    Yeah I know haha but it was tied to the "Surgeon" skill - as in, applying bandages/splints etc. after a battle to heal a portion of the health you lost in that battle, which at least makes sense. It's a good balance between realism and fun, without going into total magic-mode.

Not sure if you are joking, but this is an actual perk in Bannerlord.
    Haha yep, I was being slightly facetious/satirical to make a point :razz:
  9. Schlarkenstein

In a game with a giant red health bar in the corner, why does that surprise you?
    Warband had the same but it leaned much more towards immersion/reality - And all the most popular mods were even more supportive of immersion. Many of them even had things like temporary and permanent injuries.

What made Warband popular was its depth and game-play (especially the mods) and the balance it struck between reality and game. - Even when things weren't realistic, they were still consistent with the in-game logic in a satisfying way.

That is why it surprises me. Bannerlord keeps making decisions that are the opposite of depth/immersion/reality. The perks are a good example of that!

At this point, if they introduced fireballs, the ability to jedi-block arrows with your sword (lol, imagine) and healing potions, it wouldn't be surprising at all.
  10. Schlarkenstein

There is another one that gives 10 HP after offensive battles. Probably that.
    Oh yesh, can confirm it is another perk... Nevermind lads, nothing to see here.

Although, I'm considering making another thread to address the absolute meme these perks are becoming (Though it won't be popular. Apparently people prefer sacraficing immersion/logical perks for being a harry potter super hero).
  11. Schlarkenstein

I think the OP pretty much nails most of the main issues with the game, the problem isn't that these issues exists it's that TW either can't or won't address them.

Yes that's why if you want to run the profitable caravan you can you either find someone whose a very high trade skill and hopefully high scouting and tactics too.
    That is what I usually do. In fact, I get a "spicetrader" character to lead their own party for a while (So their scouting and tactics increase) before sending them off as a caravan. It takes a while but it is worth it - although, not as much now that they can die in battle haha.
  12. Schlarkenstein

Resolved 1.5.8 After todays hotfix there is a serious case of black face going on

I just tried this and it has fixed the 'black face'/rainbow graphical issues so far. I'll let you know if they return.
    @MArdA TaleWorlds

It was fixed and then I joined a tournament and it struggled to load the tournament item and then it all broke again. Blackface is back.
  13. Schlarkenstein

Resolved The ? cursor replaces the normal mouse cursor when right-clicking on impassable terrain.

This had been happening for a while and I wasn't sure why. I believe I have found how to easily recreate the issue now: Simply right-click on impassable terrain, such as a mountain or water, and the ? will now be your cursor until you right click on normal terrain again. (This was happening a...
  14. Schlarkenstein

Resolved 1.5.8 After todays hotfix there is a serious case of black face going on

Can you try deleting the contents of "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\TileSets\pages" folders and verifying your game files?
    I just tried this and it has fixed the 'black face'/rainbow graphical issues so far. I'll let you know if they return.
    Can you open a new thread about this bug also?
    Alright, will do now:

15. Schlarkenstein

Information about developments at snowballing problem

@Blood Gryphon

Have you experienced any armies being stuck in a loop in your tests? It is happening in one of my games now: An Army is stuck in a loop besieging a castle, starving, going to get food, coming back and doing it all over again. - I only noticed because it was my castle they were attacking. They have done it about 5-6 times so far.

Currently they have 800 troops but refuse to engage with my garrison (Which only has 120 troops) - It should be an easy win. I believe that they may be miscalculating the amount of food they need to complete the siege. (OR - other lords are joining the army before the siege is ready and are taking away whatever food they do have). I'm not entirely sure.

I have sent through a save game to @mexxico so he can observe/ check what is happening. It's definitely not intended behaviour.

(This is in 1.5.8. No mods, no cheats etc.)
  16. Schlarkenstein

1. Trading doesn't scale--the player's available income is based on buy/sell spread of trade goods around the map. This spread actually DECREASES as the player hires more caravan groups. Trade skill has no influence on the profitability of player-owned workshops/caravans, and the player can't level trade by managing a fleet of caravans or a franchise of workshops.

I though that the trade skill of the companion you hire to be the trader influences the profitability of the caravan?.. Which makes sense.
  17. Schlarkenstein

Alright lads, I'm bringing this one back: I was on 60% health and I got knocked out in battle. My troops still won the battle... However, I went from 1% to 40%!!

Even if this is supposed to heal up to 30%, it's still broken because it just healed me 40% lol...

Getting my harry potter healing potions on!
  18. Schlarkenstein

Resolved 1.5.8 Project incorrect construction calculation - adding more money to reserve makes construction take longer

I was given a castle and the construction times are all out of whack - Originally this project said 9 days (Which was already incorrect due to having very low construction). I added money to the reserve and the amount of days went up: I added more money and the amount of days to complete went...
  19. Schlarkenstein

Also - this might be unrelated to this bug, but - Is anyone else having the ?(Without the bell) cursor replacing the normal mouse cursor? This was happening to me since 1.5.8. before these hotfixes. It might just be my save though?
  20. Schlarkenstein

I'm getting this bug too. No mods. - Also quite a few items are turning up rainbow coloured.

At this point it only appears to be in character/item portraits.

Yeah, this is literally unplayable right now.
    I'd managed to ride out most of the issues so far, this one though...

It's only a cosmetic bug lads... Let's not get too dramatic lol
Back
Top Bottom