Search results for query: *

1. Resolved Charas cracked walls not accessable for troops

Summary: After using 4 trebuchets to crack the walls in an offensive siege of Charas and destroy all defensive siege engines, I auto-deployed and participated actively in the battle. However on both sides, where there is the hole in the cracked walls, the rampard is too steep and infantry wont...
  2. SP - General Camp Followers

@Ackdam I followed your posts around this forum the last few days as I got here by looking up any information about nobles being stuck in Lords Halls as prisoners, because it bugged my "Weaken the Empire" quest and I can't finish the main story apparently.
    Your ideas are awesome, I loved reading most of them and I really hope the devs look into them and find a way to implement some in one way or another. Regardless, thank you for your efforts and the vast time you must've already spent on typing all those thoughts :smile:
  3. SP - General Camp Followers

Sounds like a good concept, but adding them as another party seems to be a little bit unreasonable, as your voyage through the map already takes quite some time even with a bazillion horses in your inventory. I would prefer to see them in the normal troop section, maybe with a seperated list. So you would have Combat troops, Prisoners, Assistants.
    In your Clan menue you could assign Family/Companions with the right stats to the different assistant troops as Generals/Seargants. Like having a good steward stat --> better cooks/faster experience gain for cooks, Scout/Bow: boosts hunters.
    The rougery skill seems to be kinda useless till now and rather difficult to aquire, so you could give that a better spot in the game if a spy/sabotage option would be implemented.
    That could lead to new events like the possibility to assassinate Generals of enemy army (not nobles, but lowers their morale/discipline greatly) or gates being already weakened when sabotaged or the inner gates already being opened, destruction of food supplies of besieged fiefs etc. That would play into changing the static course of sieges you encounter at the moment as the besieged troops are always forming a shieldwall at the inner gate and not really moving around with some intelligence (like going in one by one, still mounting catapults when the castle already got breached and so on). If they got sabotaged the garrison could be more dispersed throughout the castle, making it on the one hand easier to get into it, but making the fighting experience a lot fiercer, maybe kinda like the fights on the walls when you climb with ladders.
    Of course you would need to assign a clan member to the infiltrator troops and they could get captured if the task fails while their troops just get executed or you are forced to buy them back from the noble who captured them, or the morale of the besieged garrison is way higher or they have more troops, something like that^^
    But yeah before anything like that gets implemented they have a LOT to fix so one can even finish the campaign at some point and not just meet a dead end and a still ongoing campaign even when you conquered the whole map.
  4. Resolved Enemy nobleman is in my castle

It happened to me in 3 different castles. I executed all of the nobles of the Khuzait but the (new) ruler (I decapitated her father) who got captured by one of my parties and put into my own castle. She shows up in the Lords Hall with the shackle icon and a quest, but if I try to speak to her she tells me "she's not allowed to talk to me".
    Same happened later with 2 nobles from the Western Empire (shackles in Lords Hall but no quest). I just played along and some many ingame years later all three are still stuck in one of the castles owned by me. Note: They weren't there when I captures the castles, they just got put there randomly.
    Unfortunately this brought my playthrough to a rather sad end, as I can't finish the quest about destroying the empire factions. They have no more lords running around and no fiefs, so I can't attack any of them and keep being stuck at about +60 war effort.
    For some reason they only get put into castles or cities the player owns himself, so even trying to work around it by giving the fief to another vassal is not possible, as you can't give up fiefs (which is illogical to say the least).
    Secondly: Somehow the Western Empire made peace with my kingdom, even though I didn't barter for peace. This was setting my quest progress down to -100. But apparently because their 2 last nobles are stuck as prisoners in my Lord Halls, they immediatly declared war on me again.
    So I figure it is impossible to end the game as an own kingdom atm. Too much stuff is borked to oblivion true to the hashtag #8yearsdevelopment
    As I still want to try out some stuff I think I will be just conquering every single faction and just keep executing every noble I take prisoner^^ Lets see how far one can take it, before the game loses its sanity and just breaks completely. There can't be a conspiracy when every single faction and minor faction is destroyed, right? :grin:
    Edit: I played about 3-4h more, this lord and the two ladies are still stuck in my Lord Halls across 3 different castles. I will keep the safe and maybe play along another day to just cause havoc, but for the sake of a better start (like slightly different set of skills, early marriage and so on) I might start a new playthrough.
Back
Top Bottom