Search results for query: *

1. Arkyll

Do bots have a shield block force shield?

No one else has ever mentioned this, but I notice it time and time and time again so I am a bit confused exactly what is going on. If you attack a blocking enemy AI from an angle not covered by their shield your hit will often register as hitting their shield much like in Warband. I have not...
  2. Arkyll

Dynamic AI Difficulty

I might have just had a based idea. Why not those combat difficulty settings go up or down depending on the tier of the enemy troop? So like recruits have low difficulty and high tier and nobles have high difficulty? It feels like higher tier units are smarter but that could be down to them...
  3. Arkyll

How could I make troop tree overhaul and expand mod work in 1.7.0?

I am having a similar problem. I am making a very simple mod that sort of just reskins Battania with vanilla armor pieces and while simply overwriting spnpccharacters manually works just fine, integrating the mod with vortex and bannerlords launcher is a bit of a pain and I dont know how to make it work.

I dont know what the submodule is supposed to look like and I am now getting a weird 'CustomGame' dependency that I did not put in the xml and I cannot launch the game with my mod on vortex.

Before this though, the mod like half-worked or something, where the units were a mishmash of ugly vanilla and my mod like split down the middle.

What do I do?

This is what my SubModule looks like atm, bit of a mess

<Module>
    <Name value="Fresh Battania"/>
    <Id value="FreshBattania"/>
    <Version value="v1.0.0"/>
    <SingleplayerModule value="true"/>
    <MultiplayerModule value="false"/>
    <DependedModules>
    <DependedModule Id="Native" />
    <DependedModule Id="SandBoxCore" />
    <DependedModule Id="Sandbox" />
    <DependedModule Id="StoryMode" />
    </DependedModules>
    <SubModules>
    </SubModules>
    <Xmls>
    <XmlNode>
    <XmlName id="NPCCharacters" path="spnpccharacters"/>
    <IncludedGameTypes>
    <GameType value = "Campaign"/>
    <GameType value = "CampaignStoryMode"/>
    <GameType value = "CustomBattle"/>
    <GameType value = "Sandbox"/>
    </IncludedGameTypes>
    </XmlNode>
    </Xmls>
    </Module>
    ^
    It doesnt look flat like that in reality, there are spaces and **** between the lines

I just want to be able to make my own changes in spnpccharacters to overwrite the one in Bannerlord/Modules/Sandbox Core/ModuleData, which would be an easy affair in some other games where vortex just bloody backups the file somewhere and puts yours in instead :cautious:

Help much appreciated
  4. Arkyll

Archer targeting priorities

Archers don't pick their targets properly leading to very awkward and frustrating staring contests in battle. Observe my line of archers... doing nothing when there is a hostile line of archers within range just over yonder: This isnt the first time I have witnessed this either. The AI...
  5. Arkyll

Dynamic blocking and feinting

Ok so it has become apparent that this game could really do with some proper hitboxes when it comes to blocking. If you block and press LMB a ms before a hit lands on your block, it counts that you have taken a hit although your weapon is clearly still in a blocking position. Feinting is also...
  6. Arkyll

Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Honestly, I am happy with alot of the changes and improvements in this patch.

Its the potential elephant DLC that has got me worried. Game is unfinished and paid DLC is already on the table?
  7. Arkyll

Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

If they were going to just get rid of Khuzait speed bonus why did they have Mexico spend months fixing snowballing?

I'm really interested in seeing if they're going to have to revert snowballing changes now that they got rid of super speed for Khuzait.
    I don't really think that there is a realistic workaround for it, the speed bonus is such a massive advantage..
  8. Arkyll

Kudos to the makers of Realistic Battle Mod and

Well, maybe something has changed in the last mod releases. I tested this mod some months ago and this was the result:

Maybe something has changed after almost a year, but it looked like the mod's author liked see archers being OP, so I stopped to use that mod. I am going to give it a try again.
    Old version.

Archers are well balanced in RBM overall.
  9. Arkyll

My faction loses every single battle

Northern Empire is the weakest Empire faction I would say. The AI also loves fighting over Epicrotea for some reason, so thats a pretty instant -1 city for them out the gate.
  10. Arkyll

Why can't I be ransomed?

Because the player is on a different plain of existence & rules at all times.
    Not even counting the cheats the AI gets.
  11. Arkyll

Kudos to the makers of Realistic Battle Mod and

Vanilla is unplayable after getting used to RBM.
  12. Arkyll

Limit on how many mercenaries a kingdom can have.

But Talesworld in their infinite wisdom has decided that minor factions are there to restore the balance.

That's why weaker factions get all the mercs.

It's just alot of poor decision making regarding steam rolling. Instead of fixing the root of the problem, i.e. Kuzait SPEED, they implement things like:

a. prisoners are all houdinis
    b. wounded lords recover immediately
    c. AI lords start with elite troops
    d. AI lords don't need money

I'm sure there's alot more.
    People have also suggested that armies should break up and retreat more often.
  13. Arkyll

Limit on how many mercenaries a kingdom can have.

There is clearly a recruitment bias toward factions that are down on their luck, which I dont have a problem with.
  14. Arkyll

Proper pronunciation for Swadia. Would appreciate an official response from devs!

Swaydia sounds better, as does Harlayus over Harlus.
  15. Arkyll

Vanilla damage model is just so bad

Just tried native again after playing a heavily modded campaign with the RBM mod and holy crap the damage model is so bad. Easily inferior to Warbands. Units are simultaneously squishy and spongey at the same damn time. High tier units die way too easily and low tier units are too tanky. It...
  16. Arkyll

sandbox mode - lack of siblings

Look here is the solution people :

Start as a 50 year old, marry, have kids, put the game in fast forward, die and respawn as one your children. Now you have your siblings ?
    Takes too long. Game isnt compelling enough for these looooong campaigns.
  17. Arkyll

What Bannerlord Does Good

There is alot of negativity regarding the game on this forum. Not to say it isnt warranted much of the time, but honestly im curious what players think the game actually does well at this point. Value: After playing this game for a ridiculous amount of time, I think it is fair to say that like...
  18. Arkyll

bl Combat is broken

I complained about 1:1 and it turned out to be a mod. 1:1 battle troop composition is not a native thing, it should be proportionate to the total troop ratio.
  19. Arkyll

Did 1.5.9 equal battle size for armies?!

This is caused by RBM AI module, we gave advantage to the defenders (some 1 month ago).
    It would be actually funny if TW did similiar feature at similiar time.
    Bruh.

That isnt a good feature.
  20. Arkyll

Did 1.5.9 equal battle size for armies?!

Ok so it turns out that I have twice the tactics skill of anyone that I face yet the battle troop count is equal.
Back
Top Bottom