Search results for query: *

• Users: Gojek
  • Order by date
  1. Gojek

SP - Quests Mechanic - Add noble to quest

This sounds very immersive!

It will be a great chance to improve relation with nobles and improve leadership skill early in the game.
    This could be a simple dialogue option asking noble for help for up to ~5 days as the Player is working on a quest that will aid the kingdom.
    If the persuasion check is successful an army is created influence-free (playing as mercenary it is difficult to accumulate it). After completing the quest the army gets disbanded and short dialogue is activated with noble who thanks the Player and informs that they need to return to their business. The noble cannot be persuaded straightaway to go on a new adventure.
  2. Gojek

SP - Quests [Quest idea] Send a healer!

These quests are fine.

To make them even more interesting it would be great to add an option to obtain medicines from herbs to complete these quests.
    1) Questgiver has heard of an book describing where to find herbs that could heal their familymembers
    2) Book merchant needs to be found
    3) The Player needs to travel to quest-triggered location similar to bandit camp to pick e.g. 5 white flower plants (as described in the book) and ignore blue, red or yellow.
    4) Possibly fight 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 2-3 guardians of the herb groove.
    5) Craft medicine out of white flowers
    6) Deliver to sick character
    7) Wait 1-2 days for recovery or for character death if wrong plants were picked
  3. Gojek

SP - Quests [Quest idea] Engineer needed!

I like this quest idea.

To make it more interesting notable of the village/town were construction is conducted could require the player to fetch some hardwood or clay. Once these resources are delivered the player would need to wait 1-2 days more in the village to oversee the construction.
  4. Gojek

SP - Quests [QUEST IDEA] Clan banner and 7 Knightly Virtues (COMPLETE STORYLINE)

Yep, hardcoding the lords in this quest is the simple way and would probably work most of the time, as it´s early game when this quest would fire.
    But is it early enough? Things can happen.. This depends on so many thing.

Vlandia must exist, King Derthert must be alive[He usually is the first ruler to die of age in my games] and be the ruler of Vlandia[I know, dethoning a king is not a thing but I hope it will be!], Vartin dey Jelind and his heir Beritor must both be alive and hold Hongard Castle[I don't think AI retract holdings is a thing yet but it was a thing in Warband will centainly be in Bannerlord too at some point. And now any vassal can demand it for 400 influence]. And thats not even touching immersion. Fun to find Vartin RNG:ed as Derthert´s best friend? These things can be considered in a wellmade dynamic quest.

Your image of a Honourable warriors seems to be quite west-europe Christian :smile: But even IRL, most/all cultures had their own "knights", loyal to honour and their set of virtues - which can variate from your set above though :smile: In a low-fantasy setting, the cultural localisation can vary, and also ruler text can very slightly based on his personality but quest could be exactly the same :smile: The most cruel vassal lord with an heir is picked dynamically - should not be a hard thing.

So, I´m not proposing variations of the quest. I propose 1 dynamic quest:smile: Not only for ability to pick your faction to befriend but even more to hold the integrity of the quest-code :smile:

I am fine with one dynamic quest. It also better serves the concept of sandbox game that Bannerlord is.
  5. Gojek

SP - General Choosing your banner should be a reward for attaining clan tier 1

Obtaining a banner could also be a reward for completing a storyline. A quest idea: Clan Banner and 7 Knightly Virtues
  6. Gojek

SP - Quests [QUEST IDEA] Clan banner and 7 Knightly Virtues (COMPLETE STORYLINE)

Another great quest- suggestion from you!

Only argument - Why limit it to Vlandia? If I plan to eradicate Vlandia in my new playthrough, I would not like to spend alot of time and effort to befriend them first in order to get a proper banner.
    Allow any faction-ruler to initiate the quest, even if it might have a small impact on immersion.

Thanks Tryvenyal :grin:

Main reason for limiting this to Vlandia was to simplify things. If any faction ruler would be able to initiate the quest, then there would need to be more variations of the quest - as many as there are rulers. I am fine with that.
    In my opinion 7 Knightly Virtues go well along with Vlandians. However, as Bannerlord is a low fantasy game there would be no harm in allowing all factions including Aserai or Khuzait pursue them.
  7. Gojek

Type of quest: big and rather linear quest for the early game Why to implement: after completion you get to choose a symbol for your clan banner. Currently there is no story behind the player's banner. Quest requirement: After starting a new campaign, the player does not have a clan banner. The...
  8. Gojek

Is 16gb Ram needed?

I had 8gb and upgrading to 16gb changed a lot. Game become much faster on the world map
  9. Gojek

SP - Quests [QUEST IDEA] Settlers are welcome in our village

Nice quest! You are a talanted quest-designer :smile:
    Thank you :grin:

Main limitation of Bannerlord quests is their randomness (it is a sandbox). Quests would be more interesting if there was a longer story, voice acting and there were reappearing heroes that need our help again. Shaping the world with decisions that the player takes is also cool.
    I keep my fingers crossed that we might see some of it: adding 5-10 proper campaigns (similar to main story) and ~50-100 smaller quests would make the gameworld more alive.
  10. Gojek

SP - Quests [QUEST IDEA] Settlers are welcome in our village

Type of quest: small and linear (no alternative endings) quest for early-mid game Why to implement: it helps to rebuild prosperity of looted villages and gives quest variety. I would like to do a quest like that for my own village to help it grow faster and provide more denars for my main party...
  11. Gojek

SP - Quests Variation in quest-rewards

Great idea! This would increase game immersion and force the player to sell or use the goods themselves.
  12. Gojek

SP - Quests Unbalanced extorsion deserter quest

I agree that the quest is unbalanced. It is so unbalanced that I never take it early in a campaign. I usually wait until I have 50+ warriors.

For me deserters arrive usually a day after accepting the quest.
  13. Gojek

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Feature Request: Campaign Setting to Adjust Skill Rate

I like the idea :smile: Would not mind to have 25% boost to skill learning
  14. Gojek

How AI Tools Help Scene Creation

This looks great! It would be cool to have wider variety of battlefields. It gets boring when starting a battle right after a loadscreen I go "So it is that one again"
  15. Gojek

SP - Quests [QUEST IDEA] Winter garments needed (Quest Chain)

Type of quest: small and linear (no alternative endings) chain quest for early-mid game Why to implement: it gives some diversity and helps to immerse in the world (interaction with two village headmen, poachers, artisan, gang leader) A Village Headman (Character A) complains to the player that...
  16. Gojek

SP - Quests [QUEST IDEA] Curse on Lord's crops

Very nice and detailed suggestion!

Feels boring that all LIE options is "fails" in the sense of reward.
    • Lying to protect the headman could have 3 different outcomes - which actually adds 8 more outscome-paths to the quest!
      • A fail - Herbalist reveals the Headman with evidence and drag him with her downfall, player is deemed untrustworthy.
      • A "mild" success - as per your suggestion.
      • A "big" success - Headman regrets his involvement and offer the player an extraordinary reward.
    • A second lie-option about the sum, with a even greater sum of 7000
      • Grand Success - Outrages the headman even more and he directly reveals himself/gives you a big boost to the persuation check. 2000 more is repaid at the success.
      • As if you said 5000 - your TRUTH
      • A Fail - he sees you a fool - The headman is happy.

Thanks, good suggestions! Happy to see the quest with even more outcomes :smile:

I hope that after devs polish what they are working currently on, they will add quests and characters (maybe some not randomly generated quests, but quest chains with memorable characters) to the Bannerlord's World to make it more immersive.
  17. Gojek

SP - Economy Why equipment pricing should dramatically drop

I would recommend an early game where you have to enter the service of a merchant as a caravan guard, the service of a notable to join patrols or join a bandit group as a gangmember. It will take some time/renown to get enough trust. After that you will be entrusted with a command over a small party be it a caravan, a patrol or a gang (you will not have to pay wages in this stage). Now you can have a little influence on the world. In this stage you earn a wage and get a percentage of the earnings.

I like this idea a lot! :smile: Some would consider this an early grind. However, it appears very realistic to me.
    Why would some peasants want to join a party of some random unknown traveler and look for a fight with looters and bandits? Having this added would make it more realistic. It could be a 30-day contract quest that could give the player X renown - enough to make it believable that some peasants would actually follow you willingly into a battle.

It would be also cool to have an option while starting a new campaign if you want to start as nobody, experinced mercenary, lord or king
  18. Gojek

SP - Quests logical quests for the continuous simulation and pro-active questgivers

New quest ideas that evolve from events on the campaign map. These could be influenced by: Economic situation/Relation between nobles/War progression/Raided villages

• Bring supplies to an army/city
    • Fill the garrison to a curtain amount in a newly conquered fief
    • Get a mission to hunt down a noble who is raiding the quest givers villages. Defeat the noble and or deliver the captive.
    • Get missions to raid specific villages belonging to a castle/city to weaken a later war target
    • Get missions to hunt down caravans belonging to a faction
    • Get a mission to defend a newly conquered fief for a time
    • Get a request from another noble, to vote his way in the kingdom decisions. Could come with the barter screen.
    • Get a mission to instigate a war that would benefit a noble. But who doesn't want to be implicated. (This could also be requested by the player to a noble)
    • Get a mission to execute/kill a noble
    Minor changes to quest
    • Reduce or eliminate the waiting before the battle in "rival gang moves in". This is the main reason i never take this quest.
    Proactive quest givers

Get quest request by messages, or even better get approached in settlements.
    It would benefit the immersion in the world if these quest givers sometimes send a message to the player instead of waiting to be spoken to. This would for instance help out bandit players. it would not make sense for a fearsome bandit to seek out an audience with a noble to see if there is a quest available.
    I think certain quest should be available for trade or bandit orientated players.

Quests for bandit characters

• Raid villages
    • Kill villager parties
    • Hunt down caravans
    • Kill/capture a noble

Good stuff.
    - I would like a mission from noble without castle to capture it together and vote for them to receive it.
    - For bandit it would be great to raid a village and force some peasents to join you as looters.
    - Exchange Headman for your guy who will be recruiting criminals for you.
    - In town bandit lord would be able to fight a gang and force them to work for you: money income, recruits, quest spawn for ambush caravan, having contact in a city would be helpful in prison break

@niekdegrijze: could you add tags for bandit and bandit lord to the thread?
  19. Gojek

SP - Quests Early in the main-quest chain - Offer a quest that gives a companion!

Good suggestion to make the game more enjoyable. Most of current companions have a skill level 60/80/100, but their focus points and attributes do not allow to increase them past initial value. It takes some time for them to gain enough exp to get an attribute point to increase skill cap.

Main quest should show majority of what the game has to offer.
  20. Gojek

SP - Quests Hitch up your brother Quest

Yes, agree. Quests should be a way to learn game mechanics.
    On top of that dialogues involved with this quest would allow to immerse in the world. He is player's brother yet there is little difference between him and some random companion.
Back
Top Bottom