Search results for query: *

1. A realistic approach to a full siege

For the defenders destroying your siege weapons. Just pause when it is built, click on it and move to reserve. Then when you have 4+ you place them and bulldoze the walls.

I just wish everything was implemented a little differently. I don't want to make it super easy to play, I just want some variety to what I'm doing and a challenge doing it.
  2. A realistic approach to a full siege

Some things I would like to see changed:
    1: When you are building siege equipment, the town's defensive equipment just destroys it right after it's built. I would like to be able to build siege equipment and actually use it on the battlefield. It would be nice if there were a ranged siege battle before all the troops were utilized. At first, you take cover from enemy ballista/catapults and utilize all of your ballista/catapults/trebuchets to weather the defenses and break down some of the walls.

2. Better utilization of army. I want to be able to command multiple groups of similar troops. It would be nice if there were sub groups of archers/infantry/cavalry so I could send some to one point and others to a different point. This would be nice in sieges and in general large open battles. Currently there are 6 or 7 categories of selectable troops but any key I press after 4 just selects everybody...

3. Archer fire direction. It would be pretty cool to be able to tell your archers specifically where to fire. You can tell them where to walk to but telling them where to fire would be awesome.

3. TORTUGA FORMATION. Shield wall does nothing when you march towards walls with archers way above you. It would be nice if the rear formations could form a tortuga formation for arrow defense.

4. Troop Radius adjustments and collision. There is a mod for this that keeps troops from being able to flow like water through everything and really enhances the battle in a more realistic way and helps the defenders in bottleneck situations like in the main gate. It really makes two masses of troops fighting each other duke it out and prolongs the battle quite a bit. This mod however breaks sieges in other ways (at least for me). It keeps troops from going through the main gate until I break down the doors, and it breaks siege towers and ladders quite a bit. Troops just wait at the bottom as people SLOWLY get on the ladder. Keeping the radius that prolongs battles but fixing the AI using ladders/strairs/towers ect would be awesome.

The game currently becomes VERY repetitive with battles and sieges. I feel like with more refined controls of troops and troop actions you can really enhance the experience and create a much more varied experience. I think the game would be best when there is a large variety of outcomes in a battle instead of just...charge these guys, charge those guys, and I'm done. Prolong the battles, and give me more control over more groups of soldiers so there can be flanking maneuvers and tactical retreats ect. I feel like I'm asking for a lot, but when a game is in dev. for almost a decade and they just give you a more polished version of the same thing....where was all that time spent?
  3. SUGGESTION: Load in additional troops to bypass the 1000 man cap

maybe do the whole battle see it how it turns out before posting about it...
    I've done dozens and dozens and never noticed it.
  4. SUGGESTION: Load in additional troops to bypass the 1000 man cap

I had no idea it was already happening. My bad. I have barely played warband and that was years ago and haven't noticed this happening in Bannerlord. It just seems like if I assist an army with 700 units and I have 500 units we are only physically fighting with a ratio of those units that match that ratio but come up to the unit cap, where I am commanding a lot less than 500 total units throughout the battle. Have I just not noticed more units popping into existence in the back of the map?
  5. SUGGESTION: Load in additional troops to bypass the 1000 man cap

Suggestions for Devs, or modders. Could there be a system where if the unit cap on a battle is reached, the additional units can be loaded in as a second wave for an additional attack? This would make not having a gigantic army a waste, and also benefit people with less capable computers. It...
Back
Top Bottom