Search results for query: *

• Users: Rhade
  • Order by date
  1. Rhade

Rank 1 Gamer Thoughts on Bannerlord PvP

Coming in here, swinging yourself around because you were #34 playing World of Warcraft? Because you can do a quest more times than other people, that makes you qualified to come over here and tell the developers what Bannerlord needs? 36 whole hours in, and you want to sit on a pedestal and preach? You're some kind of authority on Bannerlord's gameplay, on TaleWorlds' development capacity, or on what Warband's spiritual successor should play like?

I have to be honest, I'm torn. I'm not sure if I'm more entertained, or offended. Maybe both. 36 hours in and you're writing essays about what should happen. Imagine if you walked into literally anywhere in the *actual* world and say "Hey guys, listen, I did some other **** no one really cares about that I like to flex about, and it's kind of related but not really. Anyway, I'm a huge deal (you'll just have to trust me), and I'm going to name drop for a bit, but here's what I think should happen here." What a joke.

36 hours? A lot of us have 4k+ in Warband, and a lot more than 36 in Bannerlord. I've been writing essays to TaleWorld for the better part of a decade. The only thing that I find more egregious than their ability to not only respond to, but address, the same points that we've been making for years, is your cringe-worthy arrogance. You putting out some big GK energy, not gonna lie.

PROTIP for you, my guy: If you need to walk in the room and the first thing you feel compelled to do is to spout off at the mouth about how you're qualified to be in the room, you aren't. Get out my room. Saying you're a RANK 1 GAMER and then talking about World of Warcraft is absolutely hilarious. I think Rank 5 is a better one for you.

-RHADE LETALIS
    Rank 1 Gamer,
    Supreme General of the Shields of the Black,
    Commander of the Zealot Alliance,
    Patriach of Mar Shral,
    Leader of the White Legions,
    Wielder of the mighty Lionsbane,
    King of the World,
    Rider of the Red Dragon,
    Sexer of attractive females,
    Drinker of much ale,
    Father of peers.
  2. Rhade

Black Shields (BkS) bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks

You may be asking yourself, "How's BkS doing over there in LO?"

3. Rhade

Sandbox multiplayer games are fun to play with mates, but tournaments are rare. I'll be playing it for sure, but obviously the way it's suppose to be played, which is casually. There's no real comparison as the genre of game is completely different, just because it's got medieval-type weaponry, doesn't mean it can be a substitute for a completely different genre of game. You can quite easily play both, this isn't about 'moving' but more about being angry at development and proving a point, which in terms of feedback is fine, but you're not 'moving' as such, you're just playing a different game.

Goodluck in Last Oasis anyways and I hope you return to BL when you're satisfied with the development in the future.

Just as you're free to disagree, I disagree with you. This wasn't about proving a point, this is about knowing when to withdraw. It's not really an accurate assessment for you to assume how our group works. Warband, and subsequently, Bannerlord have always been home to us. We always expected to come back. That clearly isn't going to happen, in no small part due to the development itself as well as the attitude of the developers. We don't play a different game of every genre. We keep the pool of games we play pretty small, and as we'll be putting a lot of time into LO, we won't have the time for BL, and I also disagree with your assessment on them being different. The melee in LO feels better than it does in BL, and the key ingredient to Mount & Blade has always been it's melee combat. I have been saying for *years* that Taleworlds was first-to-market in the genre, and had to be careful with not getting complacent or lazy. I have been saying that their market share was dependent on those factors. They didn't listen.

This isn't about being angry or making a point. This is saying, officially and distinctly, we won't be coming back, and I think I have the authority to clarify my statement over your assessment of it, as well as my team's intentions.
  4. Rhade

Dearest Friends,

I write to you now, in what may be my final few posts here. You see, I've invested years into Mount & Blade, and then its eventual successor, Mount & Blade: Warband. My, and our, many victories don't need to be retold; the fact that we did it better than anyone else does, doesn't need to be restated any longer. These are facts, much like Marshall Mathers being the best rapper of his era, and as he once proclaimed, "It ain't even cool for me to sound cocky anymore." I, and your overlords BkS as well, have been gone for quite some time. However, we have been watching the development of Mount & Blade: Bannerlord:

Hoping that it would follow Warband the way Warband followed the original.
    Hoping that the competitive scene would finally get some reinforcements and not need to sustain itself wholly.
    Hoping that the development team would act in good faith and retain what made Warband so great.
    Hoping that they would be open-minded, listen, and be receptive to the advice of those who knew it best from a player's perspective.

We waited in vain, I'm afraid.

I recall a Round Table done by Calamty and Bladecast, where we hosted Callum. You see, in the times of old, Captain Lust and I may not have always liked each other, but we respected each other. He had a relationship with the heads of the community. It was in this spirit that Callum was asked to come sit down with us and have a casual fireside chat with us, and he obliged. We were told then, as well as in later posts, that Skirmish was the official mode, that Battle would not be the official competitive mode. I brought up plenty of objections, based in years of experience at the highest levels, and nearly all were ignored in favor of his comment, "We hope you'll give us a chance to see what we have for you. We think it's going to be great, and if it isn't, we'll be open minded to discuss things and how they can change." Overall, the competitive community at the time wasn't happy with that, but we forcibly acquiesced. Fast forward to playing the closed beta, and it was immediately apparent there were numerous issues -- which I won't list here -- and we once again loudly rang the cries of dissent. #nobattlenobks had already been established, but we were still being open minded, as we were requested. However, we were told in no uncertain terms, that this is the way the game is going, and we better get used to it. We were told that they were unwilling to make any changes. Our words fell on deaf ears, long after being told that if we gave them a chance, they'd give us a chance to speak up later. We were met with naked disrespect. We were met with hostility, even, when all we were trying to do was offer up some solutions to problems, or even just illustrate the problems, as it's clear the developers themselves are great at developing games, but not so much at playing them. This is a truncated version of events, but it is an accurate version. We were disappointed, but not surprised.

However, we recently had the privilege of interacting with a new group of developers, and a new game:

Donkey Crey has been working on Last Oasis for quite some time. They are some of the same developers behind cRPG. We have been involved in their Beta testing process for quite some time now, and have been engaging with their developers in their Discord actively as iterations on the game are ongoing. They are receptive, open, transparent, and player input actually seems to matter to them. The game itself is massively enjoyable, and I'd recommend it to anyone here. If you want to find us after March 26th, that's where we'll be. Unfortunately, after having a home here for the last ~decade, I can no longer accept being disregarded, disrespected, ignored, or lied to by a team of individuals when their product isn't half of what the previous iteration was. I wish I could say I wish them the best, but I meant what I said when I posted #nobattlenobks, and I'm not going to take their route and start being dishonest. It's my hope that those of you who enjoyed playing with us will give Last Oasis a shot, I'm hoping you'll trust my judgement on this, because Taleworlds certainly has no interest in the input or judgment of it's players.

Sound the horn once more, and if you boys don't hear from us again, remember: Remove the S key from your keyboards, tear off your helm, follow rules 1 and 2 at all times, and do it for the homies.

#bksswag
    #nobattlenobks

Rhade Letalis
    Patriach of Mar Shral,
    King of the World,
    Rider of the Red Dragon,
    Drinker of much ale,
    Father of peers
  5. Rhade

Watched? For dunking on some random kid running his mouth? You want to watch me?

That's cool. Watch me.
  6. Rhade

Surkan said:
    Rhade said:
    Surkan said:
    Orion said:
    Rhade said:
    You're a nobody, small son, and you soft like charmin.
    ****in' 10-ply.
    yeah but if i post that u and other moderators warn me for flamebaiting and flaming right

I've been warned plenty, muted also. Learning how much is too far is a skill, you'll get it. Clan Hall is not as heavily moderated as other sections.
    if only u had that skill ingame
    but here u are flaming the best na cav player that hes accomplished nothing

I am absolutely not flaming Vanidar. What? Who are you?
  7. Rhade

Surkan said:
    Orion said:
    Rhade said:
    You're a nobody, small son, and you soft like charmin.
    ****in' 10-ply.
    yeah but if i post that u and other moderators warn me for flamebaiting and flaming right

I've been warned plenty, muted also. Learning how much is too far is a skill, you'll get it. Clan Hall is not as heavily moderated as other sections.
  8. Rhade

hëat said:
    Terrible clan. I’m better than, hm, probably every pathetic player on this team...at every single class.

You won’t destroy **** when u come back, the only reason you have your rings is because I was 12 when it was happening otherwise I’d have a cabinet full.

- Undisputed King of NA

English, mother****er, do you read it? Come into my mother****ing thread, walk into my god damn house and track mud through the ****ing living room? Let me hit you with some knowledge, since you've made it quite apparent how young and naive you are. First line of this entire thread that been viewed nearly a three-quarters of a million times:

Black Shields is the premier North American Warband clan. Period. Get raped.

See? Everyone knows. No one argues. Facts are what they are. You're a nobody, small son, and you soft like charmin.

That was true from the moment I wrote it, to now. No one has ever done what we have, and that's just a fact. Undisputed? I don't think you know what that word means. You say "undisputed" in the same sentence that you need to somehow qualify your claims of with **** like "the only reason you have...". Nah, small son, the reason we have what we have is because we earned it when there was actually competition, your young <snip> shows up years down the road playing with a whole 17 people in the scene and you think you're worth a **** because you did what, exactly? Won a few scrims? Who cares? Ever run the scene, set the meta, dominate battle and duel simultaneously while running literally undefeated for years while not even wearing helmets? No? Oh. I don't even know who the **** you are. No one does, besides the 17 kids who still played this game over the last few years. If anyone's going to get a reality check, it's you.

You want to write ****? Listen to your elder and better here with this:

Scientia Excelsa said:
    Gentlemen, GENTLEMEN.  Rhade could win a flame war with a rock.

You are as dense as one, undoubtedly, and about as talented. I've been running this **** since before you hit puberty, so if you think you're a grown man and want to step up, I'm ****ing excited as **** to teach you some humility. We can do this all day and I'll keep dunking on you. Or, instead of writing ****, we can wait to be in-game when my clan inevitably ****ing massacres yours, and you can find some *more* excuses. You're already making them, talking about how "I would have done this IF." <snip>, I have no if's, and I have no "I would have," because I don't need excuses, facts exist outside of your opinion, and the facts are, you're trash compared to us and frankly I'm surprised you even got into this thread. We need some kind of quality control or some ****.

Wanna come at us? Better go home, think about it some more, up your game, then try and come at us correct. Your crowning accomplishment in this community is that one time you got Lord Rhade Mother****ing Letalis, Commander of the Shields of the God Damn Black, to reply to you and dunk all over you. Notice how you're in my thread, trying to talk to me? Notice how I don't think I've ever once gone to yours or ever really cared what happened over there? You're welcome for the attention, now, **** out my thread.

9. Rhade

On this 4th of July, your Warband Lord and Savior, hero of the NA Community, has a message for you:

Bannerlord coming up, eh? Hope you kids are ready to get ****ing bodied. Have some surprise additions to the roster that are going to make us even better, if that was even ****ing possible. All these questions for so long about whether or not we're coming back? We never ****ing left. Dad's home, so go clean your rooms, eat your goddamn vegetables, because ****'s about to get biblical in this *****. Put on your helmets, and fasten your seatbelts, you mouthbreathers. WE HERE.

#bksswag
  10. Rhade

[Unofficial] Closed Beta Application: Fun thread

Name: Rhade
    Reason: Rhade
  11. Rhade

Black Eagles

Permission denied.

The **** you think you are, coming in here and creating a clan with the prefix "Black" and not thinking to ask permission in the first place (that I would have absolutely said no to, regardless)? You have 24 hours to change your name.

Regards,
    -Dad
  12. Rhade

Everything is relative. Of course certain things change. Given the same starting line, the people who come out on top in one instance would logically come out on top later down the road. The entire scene improves, it's not like we started ahead of a bunch of people. Being "the best" is a relative position, and just because the scene as a whole improves doesn't negate the ability to take the status quo and do it better than everyone else. Citing techniques that were used in one era versus the other literally adds nothing to the conversation.

To your Jordan reference, sure, he's great, so is Silva and Jones, but the metaphors here are that I'm willing to give it to wK and AE being in the conversation. The rest of the NA scene, I don't see it.
  13. Rhade

Danate said:
    I respect the past hall of famers of warband NA but if you have to come out and say you were the greatest you def never were.

That's cool you have an opinion, but having one doesn't make you right, small son. I actually hardly walk around professing how great we were, unless I'm provoked or people question it, because if you want to recycle niche statements and feign emotional maturity, I think letting **** stand you know is untrue shows implicit and silent agreement. So, when I hear dumb ****, and I have objective facts that show otherwise, I'm the kind of person that will speak up to address the issue. There are plenty of people, amazing at **** they've done -- LeBron, Kobe, Conor -- that all will loudly state their dominance. So, no, you're just wrong, and I'll wait while you go find another team that ran for multiple years without losing a single match, and that beat a team composed of the rest of the entire community's best players, all by themselves, both all while not wearing helmets and riding coursers, and, to this day, when we show up in pubs it's a massive deal. Something tells me I'll be here for a long time. Sorry if it upsets you, but you guys aren't on our level. I'll say it again:

There's us, wK, then there's the rest of you ****ing peasants.
  14. Rhade

Roberta_Baratheon said:
    Not to be aimed at you Calamity but tK would absolutely massacre BKS even after they got settled in.

The thing is, you think you're the first person to say that. There were clans, before tK was even half an idea, saying the same ****, and we actually gave a **** enough to come back and dumpster them. Your notion is not new, and us coming back and proving them wrong is not new. It is not a case of tK being unique, it is tK is a clan on a long list of clans that have thought the same thing. Some of tK's best players, I remember from seeing them in pubs and watching them play on other teams and they were mediocre at best in comparison, as we dominated for years in an oversaturated scene while you sit here in a stagnant, echo chamber of a scene that still hasn't watched anyone do it to the level we did with the competition we had.

Getting real old responding to the same **** time and time again, even after we've empirically proven it incorrect but the people posting now conveniently weren't here for it.

BkS literally beat NAAS (North American All Stars), which was a team of the entire NA community, minus our clan. Ran for years without losing a single match. Are you kidding me? There's us, wK, then there's the rest of you ****ing peasants. That's just the truth, sorry if it's inconvenient.
  15. Rhade

Grimsight said:
    hopefully bannerlord has no battle so you won't be there

Sentence fragment or Essay, dude came to the wrong part of town saying the wrong ****, ya feel?

I understand you'd hope for that, seeing as how OE was only relevant after BkS and wK left, to have the same people they had been absolutely dumpstering for years all come together and beat the 5 other people still playing the game.

Don't worry, we'll be gentle-ish.
  16. Rhade

sigi1 said:
    im not reading half of this ****. it looks like someone with the reading comprehension of a 7th grader wrote it.

rhade shut the **** up you ****ing manlet. you're literally still on this forum and you haven't played since 2010 get a life bro. holy ****. you're literally the epitome of a ****ing loser. the fact that you think i give a **** about your accomplishments in a turkish game that peaked at 300 ****ing players! sick bro. actually, one of your bks idiots that you claim to be the best infantry, came to this game in 2017 or whatever for a big NA tournament and got **** on by dudes with 1000 hours. who the **** cares though, warband sucks.

"i pvp in real life" that's literally a quote from you. I remember seeing you upload that text to this forum, talking about one of your ****ty ass fights. you're such a ****ing weirdo. dont talk to me you beta

I understand you're upset, but throwing a temper tantrum isn't going to get you what you're after.  The difference between us (one of the many, many differences) is that I twist feigned anger with humor and hyperbole, you're just a child spewing insults and throwing a temper tantrum. The thing is, you can say whatever you want, and most people aren't going to care, they're just words. The reality is that you care enough to have an account here and post, then turn around and act like you don't care. The reality is that people being rusty doesn't take away from what they did accomplish. The reality is in the discussion of accomplishments, your biggest one here is getting me to reply twice to you; mine are independent of you. You aren't necessary. How does that make you feel?

As long as you want step out of the arena of video games, and attack me personally, absolutely I spent quite a few years fighting, enjoyed it a lot. Put a lot of passion and drive into it, and never actually lost. I find it funny that you feel the need to attack the dope ass things other people have accomplished and done, when you haven't done anything, yourself. I usually say "small son" in a ridiculous way, because I think it's juvenile and fits the persona I perpetuate pretty well, but you are actually a pretty small person. Attack all you want, homie, but in the arena of this game, you're nothing compared to us, even after your toddler fueled temper tantrum sessions about it, and outside of it, I find comfort in knowing I've met plenty of people who talk about how "bad" a fighter is until they run into them and then the **** sucking festival commences. You're a talker. That's it. You're the guy who sits in the bar (if you can even get inside) and yells at the TV. You're in my community, in my thread, and want to turn around and act like you "don't care," that's fine, because right now I'm in your ass and I don't care either.

I hope your <snip> clears up, I hope you can take this L with some grace, I'm out this *****.
  17. Rhade

sigi1 said:
    bks is a bunch of pussies. only rhade would **** me up in a fight and even then, he gets no *****.

Funny thing here, small son, is that 95% of BkS are better than I am, and you're trying to suck my **** while talking **** about the rest of a legendary crew. I'm sorry it took me so long to reply, but you see, I have a large amount of fans that write me and expect a response, similar to Marshall's situation in "Stan," I'm sure you understand, but the more I think about it, I'm pretty sure that's vastly before your time. I'd imagine you aren't older than 20, often talk about "GETTING THIS BREAD," and haven't developed a sense of respect for your elders or betters at this point, of which I am undeniably and objectively both. Roll up in my thread and summon me, and sit and cackle with your friends that you did, but also know that deep down, you can't hold **** to me, and your no name crew is literally a joke. Let me tell your <snip> a story:

So, there was this one time, where we were <snip> everyone in the entire scene for years on a daily basis while we voluntarily chose not to wear entire armor classes and rode weak horse classes on purpo -- oh, wait, you probably weren't here for that. Let me fast forward a bit. We had retired, because <snip> was easy and victims were scarce, one may even consider changing our tag from 'BkS' to 'Cosby,' at that point. Not that your little random ***** ass would understand what it's like to roll up in a server and have to put up with ten minutes of randoms trying to suck your hypothetical **** or randoms packing the servers back when people actually played this game just to watch us make this game look easier than it already is. I understand you may be wanting to steal some of our shine, you're hardly the first, you won't be the last, and you are by no measure anywhere near the best. I'd rather lean towards the worst end of the spectrum, and I find myself asking why I even dignify this with anything close to a response, but sometimes it's nice when snot nosed nobodies show up to keep myself sharp, much like a heavy bag. I spent years putting up with people as smart as Marnid, dumb as Gowe, determined as Calamity, and with as much drool coming out of their mouth as Mok.

Don't suck my **** then talk down on the Shields of the Mother****ing Black, small son. Tyrian is ten times the infantry I am, Vanidar singlehandededly made sword cav viable in the scene, peers led the way for giants like Lagstro, Peasant, and Achilles, and Frit's versatility hasn't really been matched yet.

I get no *****? Just caught this body, and if this isn't a *****, not sure what is. Sometimes I think how cool it would be if Tom Brady showed up to some dude's house and just chilled with him for a few hours and bull****ted, so this is your equivalence: Rhade answered your dumb ****ing post, and then decided to actually respond to dumb **** you said. This can be the moment in time where you were relevant for a few minutes.

You're trash, no one cares, god bless BkS and god bless America (and explicitly not bless the Eurotrash), may Harn be with all of you stupid mother****ers even though you don't deserve his grace, BkS <snip> AE game is ez, ask Marnid (another dude you don't deserve to talk to) about how we can't show back up at a moment's notice and wreck your ****, no one has done half the cool **** we've done for as long as we did, and people still talk about us almost a decade later in hushed tones because you gotta kill a homie's name before you can kill the homie, and our name lives yet, and I'll make what I did to Leonidas look like a ****ing second grade play compared to how easy I handle you. You may ban me, but you will never kill me. You may get me to respond, but you won't like how that **** goes when I do. BkS forever, and if your tag doesn't read 'wK', you can get this work easy like girl, you ****ing cockroaches. Don't cite the deep magic, feel me?

wiFi CIIGES is DED said:
    Rhade is literally a ***** - Arys

Who?

Rhade Letalis
    Patriach of Mar Shral,
    King of the World,
    Rider of the Red Dragon,
    Drinker of much ale,
    Father of peers.
  18. Rhade

#nobattlenobks

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
    We will be looking to have a deeper discussion with you all on this when you have had a chance to actually play the game.

Unless I'm missing something, that's going to be after launch, at which point it's going to be too late to make any meaningful changes. Really don't understand how that's the only point a "deeper" conversation can happen.

Past that, how does the team plan on "finding something that the majority of people are happy with" when they aren't engaging with the community whatsoever on important design decisions? That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Quite disillusioned with how all this has gone down, but wish you guys luck.
  19. Rhade

#nobattlenobks

It seems evident that informed, thoughtful, and clearly passionate points have been ignored, and meaningful discourse has clearly been intentionally avoided as I struggle to believe that the community management team hasn't had the opportunity to respond. It's been more than a week now. I'm not sure how else to interpret the silence other than apathy, an unwillingness to actually engage the community, or believing our input is not worth their time.

That's unfortunate.
Back
Top Bottom