Search results for query: *

• Users: Zing
  • Order by date
  1. Zing

campaign.complete_active_quest is gone in 1.6?

Got stuck on Assemble the Dragon Banner quest, the hideouts wont spawn. Was looking for a way to reset or progress past this point, found that I could use campaign.complete_active_quest console command, but it seems to be gone in 1.6? What other options do I have to fix the questline besides...
  2. Zing

Tournament reward for companion?

Easily exploitable, is all. Put five companions in the tournament, you get six chances to win. It'd have to be balanced somehow.
    Winning is already piss easy.
  3. Zing

Does it feel like you HAVE to execute people?

Killed a bunch of lords from Western Empire.
    Got a Devious trait -2 Honor. It really messed up my social interactions during a quest and provided 0 benefits. None of the other lords are afraid of me, they just dont trust me :grin:

In attempt to get rid of bad trait, tried to release every lord I battle. Few dozen of lords later and nothing changed, except the frequency I have to fight against 50+ stacks.
  4. Zing

Feedback from yours truly annoying member of the community

Ye i agree, you hypothetically should be able to master everything, but it should be very timeconsuming to do. Sure sandbox is one thing, that doesn't mean that being a master of everything should just be a matter of a few hours of grinding. If it were, there would be no need to focus on anything, since it is so ez to just be good in everything. At that point it isn't roleplaying anymore, since you can fill any role, roleplaying necessitates some kind of limitation. If you are a jack of all trades you should be master of none and if you mastered a few skills you shouldnt be proficient with many other ones. As i said, hypothetically, since the game has no enddate, you should be able to master them all, but again, an incredible amount of time should be necessary for that.
    The current hardcap of lvling and skills is just broken. I didnt experience it yet, since i dindt play a single campaign for more than 10 years, but from what i heard there comes a point where further lvling isn't even possible anymore, because of this convoluted system, so thats a big pile of crap that needs to fixed.

And yes, i totally agree with a revamp of the skilltrees overall. The combat skills seem ok, even though they certainly also could be tweaked, but all the social, intelligence,cunning stuff is absolute crap. Most are not implemented at all and even if they were, they are all over the place.
    Why do i need 200 in trade to barter with fiefs, bartering with fiefs seems such a cool mechanic, but only those who grinded to 200 trade can do it. I could understand if it and barter in general would be way easier with high trade, but locking the mechanic altogether behind that absurdly high wall is just taking away fun from the player and makes no sense from a realistic/historic point of view.

Why should you not become a master of all trades? You are the protagonist of your own damn story! Besides, you cant be a quartermaster, surgeon and engineer in your party at the same time, so you'd still be relying on other party members. One thing I noticed is how easy it is to level up quartermaster compared to other skills, just have an expensive army and see the skill go up everyday as you walk around minding your own business. But when it comes to skills like two handed weapons, oh boy, I feel like I never progress at all.

I also did a mistake of hiring a low level companion with few skills, wrongly assuming it would be fun to have them level up alongside my own character. Only to realise later on what colossal mistake it was.

Lastly, many people have jobs and a life, leaving only few hours a day/weekend to play on. We would prefer to have a faster levelling system, but we also understand those who enjoy Korean MMO grinfest. In that case, can't we just have an option to adjust XP gains and let people set their own rules?
  5. Zing

Feedback from yours truly annoying member of the community

The skill grind is f*** atrocious. The idea that you have to grind skill points to gain character levels is just insane.

Finished a battle, killed 30 dudes while riding on a horseback. Got +1 in two-handed and 0 points for horse raiding, now am on skill level 73 for two handed. I dread to think how it will be once I hit skill level 200 for two handed weapons. One meagre skill point per 20 battles, maybe, if the game feels generous?
  6. Zing

SP - General Worst crossbow in shops requires 20 crossbow skill

Just do a few tournaments in Vlandia should be enough to get to 20.
    I want my companions to use a crossbow, guess I am out of luck?
  7. Zing

SP - General The gameplay loop again.

The one that irks me the most is defeating a lord only to see him come back so quickly at the head of an army.
    Keeping them prisoner is pointless as they escape way too quickly and execution relation hits are just not worth it imo.
    The massed ranks of recruits also makes battles one sided once you have ranked up your troops.
    If i raid a village or attack a caravan i get companions moaning andd take relation hits.
    Enemy lords seem to be able to do these things without the negative effects.
    I think enemy lords that constantly raid villages and caravans should get a trait that allows you to execute them for little to no loss.
    So true.
  8. Zing

Does it feel like you HAVE to execute people?

Fought a hard and bloody war over my first castle, finally captured it. Put the 10 lord I defeated into dungeon, enough was enough.
    Few days later I noticed a message saying "Lord XYZ escaped", checked my dungeon and we are down to half the captured lord. While scratching my head over what happened, I inquired with nearby guard if the lords had died of starvation. The fellow was confused, he did not know we had a dungeon.
    At this point I started yelling for Kronk to bring me my executioner axe.

tl;dr
    You can't execute them, people will hate you.
    You cant imprison them, because a 200+ garrison wont prevent them from escaping.
  9. Zing

My experience with the Smithing system.

I am not very happy with current smithing implementation, its just not fun and grindy. Not to mention I have to build a shrine to RNJesus and sacrifice an infant each time I try to make a half decent weapon.

The only benefit I see for smithing is power levelling your companions in early levels. Once the high experience gain and sell price is fixed, nobody sane would touch this absurd crafting system.
  10. Zing

Bartering leveling exploit, 1 denar for 1 denar

Before I found this exploit, I leveled my charm on quests that required the use of dialogue options, like the Kidnapped Daughter and Family Feud. Also, there are chances for charm increase when dealing with enemy lords that are defeated in battle. Sure, you pass up on some money for selling them to the slavers, but you get increased charm and approval from their faction, which can be useful if you intend to start your own kingdom.

I would suggest joining an army as a mercenary earlier on and getting into battles. This should serve 3 purposes. Getting needed experience for your troops, offering your money and influence, and the chance to capture lords, which I found gave me several levels of charm early on by letting them go.

I won't disagree that there ought to be slightly higher gains in charm leveling, but I'd hate to see an exploit be used for that purpose. Anything resolving an issue with conversation instead of getting into combat boosts charm. Hope that helps some.
    Currently a lot of skills feels very, very grindy. Maybe I am too early in the campaign, but getting charm to 150 was a pain! Holy s! I had to barter with gazillion nobles to get there.
  11. Zing

Crafting Warrazor 1 Polearms

Yup, level smiting sufficiently and you'll be rolling in money.
    But making a weapon for yourself is painful because of RNG.
  12. Zing

Bartering leveling exploit, 1 denar for 1 denar

If you take away this "exploit" how are you supposed to level up charm then? I have not seen it go up by any means so far.
  13. Zing

Auto resolve isn't worth it and still sucks

Just had 100 people fight 5 looters.
    1 Vlandian Sharpshooter randomly died in auto-resolve.
    Looters OP, please nerf.
  14. Zing

Auto resolve isn't worth it and still sucks

Auto-resolve went completely crazy. 50 tier 5 units engaging against 10 looters, 1 Imperial Legionary dies. What the f? What the actual f?
  15. Zing

[Beta 1.2] Autoresolve Issue Looters now kill troops

50 tier 5 units auto-resolving vs 10 looters.
    1 Imperial Legionary dies.
    WHAT THE ACTUAL ****?
Back
Top Bottom