Search results for query: *

1. TheShermanator

Another "Should I Come Back to Bannerlord SP?" Question

My best Fonzie "Heyyyy" greeting to you all. I last played Bannerlord in 2020. As my few hundred hours suggest, I had a lot of fun. But, the game was clearly incomplete in a lot of ways. I most acutely felt the lack of completeness in the mid to late game features. The "warband" stage of the...
  2. TheShermanator

I'm Back, Baby!

I know everyone has desperately missed me, and clearly it's a big deal that I'm back. I've give you a moment to deal with my return (and to come up with Arnold Schwarzenegger movie puns). JK, real topic: I played a few hundred hours of the game through v 1.4, had lots of fun, then stopped. I...
  3. TheShermanator

SP - General What If The Highest Tier Troops Cost Influence (In Addition To Gold)?

Lots of better posters have come before me on this subject, but in summary, lack of differentiation and challenge affects the late game in various manifestations: 1) Gold snowballing is a thing. 2) Influence snowballing is a thing. 3) Generally, higher tier AI clans, and the player in the late...
  4. TheShermanator

SP - Economy Poll: In the end balance state of the game, how much income should be passive vs. active?

I should start off right away with 2-3 premises. 1) This is a super complex game, with tons of mutually interactive currencies, player choice cost/benefit outputs measured in those currencies, and other variables. 2) The complexity of the game is a testament to the extraordinary ambition of the...
  5. TheShermanator

Memers of Calradia: I Want You!

This thread exists for memes in general. But also for a more specific purpose: To recruit skilled memers who can help those of us oldsters with meme dreams turn them into a reality! I am a relative oldster who never bothered to learn some basic internet meme skills (photoshop, cutting video...
  6. TheShermanator

1-on-1 Spear+Shield Tournament Battles: The Wooooooorst!

1-on-1 Spear+Shield Tournament Battles are this: The Worst (Jean Ralphio, parks and rec) So there are lots of threads already about the limitations of spears in the game's current iteration, suggestions for different spear mechanics. Here's one of many examples...
  7. TheShermanator

SP - General General Balancing Strategy: Moderate and Targeted Cost Changes, Not Wild Pendulum Swings

In general, I am concerned about the extremes taken with balancing moves by the devs to this point. I get that the game is early access, and a lot of key things do need to be significantly altered to tighten balance and heighten the experience of cost-benefit trade-offs, blah, blah, blah - but...
  8. TheShermanator

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Most AI Armies Starve?

In my experience, I've seen more AI armies (friendly or otherwise) disband due to low food than disband for conventional influence / cohesion reasons. It's fairly clear when this is happening: No parties break off, but the # of troops steadily bleeds down. Is this a common experience? (Could...
  9. TheShermanator

Do AI Parties Recruit Troops Way More Aggressively on the New Patch (Main Branch 1.3.1)?

Do AI Parties Recruit Troops Way More Aggressively on the New Patch (Main Branch 1.3.1)? Every time I roll into any city or village, there are no few to no recruits - even on Very Easy recruitment. The text notices on the campaign interface, furthermore, show AI parties sweeping in and scooping...
  10. TheShermanator

Smithy Question: Do Tiers Matter?

Apologies if there is already a thread for this; did a quick search and could not find this specific topic. I've been smithing a lot via the Smith Forever mod as a way to learn the system as quickly as I can. In that context, I am still trying to figure out the extent to which the tier level...
  11. TheShermanator

Proposal: Limited Intra-Clan Party Instructions

While I appreciate the realism of not being able to micromanage clan parties perfectly, I do think you should be able to give certain general instructions. Possible Examples: Raid [Enemy Region(s) X] Raid [All Enemy Regions] near [Friendly Region X] Defend/Patrol [Friendly Region(s) X] maybe...
  12. TheShermanator

Armchair Economics: Player Gold Snowballing and the Markets of a "Living World"

My humble 2 cents on the attempts to nerf the players ROI on passive income streams in recent patches: Tweaking and balancing is fine - and even recommended. That said, fundamentally, if player income is going to be based on the markets of a 'living world' economy, then players are going to...
Back
Top Bottom