Search results for query: *

1. Why were the siege battles fixed by a modder and not by TaleWorlds?

Because an unpaid modder has the luxury of working on anything they please, and can obsessively focus all of their energies, at any hour of day and night they please, into doing one thing until they are successful. Taleworlds devs are, because of how development time is usually allocated and budgeted and strictly micromanaged, are under very specific orders of what they can work on. Clearly their Dev leads did not consider this a topic worth putting dedicated time into, hence why it has gone unfixed for so long.

Plenty of similarly stupid examples of long-standing bugs or glitches that were fixed by modders can be found in games like Total War Warhammer.

Yes it sucks that their management don't prioritise game-breaking things like this, but that's the reality of the situation. Also bear in mind that this mod is not a "perfect fix", it is a temporary workaround that is not in line with Taleworlds implementation (it removes things that confuse the AI in order to work) hence why they would not have done the same thing.
  2. SP Fantasy Hammerlord 0.61 for e1.4.2 BETA

I have to say.... aren't those names stolen straight from warhammer? I see the general idea is to mesh some of that world with this, but idk about using their exact names
    Wow, that was one harebrained comment. The point is to recreate Warhammer so of course the same names are used whenever possible.
  3. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.0

Wow... finally the game is in the BETA state it should have been released to Early Access in... as opposed to the early Alpha. I hope you are proud of all of the money you made from mis-selling this product all those months ago, Bannerlord devs. :smile:
  4. Is the game in a good state atm?

Hey. I've been taking a break from the game for a few months now because it had alot of issues. I last played it at ~ April.

Do you think the game is in a good state for me & other players to come back? Or should I wait it out a bit more?
    Hi man yeah it's in an AMAZING state. I mean, didn't you get that from all the positive posts? You must be super intelligent and inquisitive and all that stuff.
  5. A message to the devs

They tell you that you should expect to run into bugs and issues, and your conclusion is that the game is basically free from bugs. And you call that an intelligent debate. It's not.

PS
    By the way, I'd say that 'obscure' is a strange choice to describe the bugs present in game. I don't know what they wanted to say with it exactly. There are several definitions for the word, none of them say that it's something minor or rare though.
    I never said, or suggested, that the game was "free from bugs"; you are completely making that up. There is no wa you could read my posts, or the thread I linked, and come to that conclusion uless you were intending to misconstrue. You are lying, thus not worth entering into a debate with.
  6. A message to the devs

How would you suggest they update the game without rewriting the code?
    The context in which it was said is clear and if you are so being deliberately obtuse as to sugegst it's just a regular update then you are simply insulting your own intelligence.
  7. A message to the devs

When? Where? Please support this statement.

EDIT - I see you added it on;

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
    “The early access version of the game contains a wealth of content that will keep players engaged for many hours. While the early access version is very much stable and playable, players can expect to run into some obscure bugs and other issues while playing that we intend to locate and fix before the full release.

The early access version will be reusing scenes for different towns, may lack some supporting features, may have a limited number of quests, voice-overs, etc. and may lack localizations for some languages.

Throughout the course of the early access period we intend to introduce the missing supporting features, such as, rebellions, kingdom creation and weapon crafting, while expanding and enhancing many of the existing features that are outlined below.”

Please highlight the area you believe is lying to you?

All these pathetic troll attempts and whiny refund threads water down the actual genuine criticism and feedback that many players provide. Stop acting like a victim because an EA game is unfinished. If you want to provide actual feedback or genuine crtique go ahead - but this is just spam...
    Seriously... you need this explaining to you? I look forward to the day when I won't be disappointed by the intelligence and common sense of people on the internet. I explained it clearly in that thread.

"While the early access version is very much stable and playable, players can expect to run into some obscure bugs and other issues"

Very much stable? May encounter some obscure bugs? This was an outright falsehood. It was not stable and it was was full of missing content and game-breaking bugs. It was so bad they have to REWRITE THE CODE. Do you even understand how bad things must have been to rewrite the code?

Anyway, I see it's pointless entering into an intelligent debate with you as you have zero interest in doing so like many of the blinkered and overly defensive defenders of TW on the forum.
  8. A message to the devs

Entertaining this for a moment - that is steams fault then not TW. They don't decide the platforms refund policy.

Besides the EA description was very clear... I hate this concept that people were somehow 'tricked' into buying the game.

Complain about progress; that's fair it's EA - so we expect progress. But saying TW some how scammed you is just rubbish...
    They were tricked... Bannerlord was misadvertised by TW as being in a far better state than it actually was. Fact, as in... that's the truth. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...even-taking-into-account-early-access.420243/
  9. The Community and Myself Deserve a Refund!

Do these threads accomplish anything other than splitting the player base in "trolls" and "fanboys"?
    I don't think so.
    These threads give people a voice and enable them to their right, as paying customers, to give an opinion. If you don't like that, please go and move to China where people are forced only to say positive things and where life may suit you better,
  10. when can we expect next big update please

That's literally the point of EA, to be a part of the game development process which includes QA.
    You are of course feel free to tell yourself whatever keeps you in lalaland. In some ways, I envy you. :smile:
  11. A message to the devs

Ignoring the context, this is the exact kind of attitude we need more of in the world. It brightens my day to see both positivity and constructive self-reflection clash with empathy and the act of putting one’s self in the shoes of others. Op, for whatever it’s worth, you’ve radiated light - however small an amount - and I appreciate you for it. Don’t feel bad if in the depths of your own humanity you happen to get consumed by disappointments or anger: Happens to everyone, frequently. It’s only human. What matters is realizing it, admitting it and pushing away the noise in favor of discipline and colors.

I just wanted to stop in and say this because I feel like a lot of the nice things are all too often left unsaid when traversing the forums of the internet.

More often than not, you’ll be left unnoticed or even ridiculed for it. Let it not discourage you. Just consider which of the two states of mind left you happier and more content; be it whichever, stay true to that.

The world is dark, violent and indifferent. Let us not be so.
    How nauseating... someone please pass me the sick bucket. :grin:
  12. when can we expect next big update please

Too many frustrated guys in this forum... You should make something interesting with your lifes instead being here flaming all the day
    Oh, the irony of seeing you criticizing people for posting on a forum... while yourself posting on a forum to complain.

Maybe you should make something interesting of your life? :grin:
  13. The Community and Myself Deserve a Refund!

I wonder if OP goes into restaurants and eats his order then demands a refund from some overworked waitress because they didn't like the food are an entitled twat.
    Ironic that you are calling someone a twat, while coming across as an, erm, twat.

It took almost everyone who bought this game, even the more stubborn of fans judging from recent posts, some weeks to understand what a buggy, broken and incomplete mess this game is. By then, some people had indeed played hundreds of hours. That does not mean that the product they bought can be considered as fit for purpose. We already know that TW misadvertised this game to draw people in to buy it, and it was covered in a thread already https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...even-taking-into-account-early-access.420243/
  14. when can we expect next big update please

i was wondering, when the game first came out it was updated daily now all i see lately are small fixes, now i understand we have the corona and all that stuff going on around the world and i'm not writing this to rush the devs in any way shape or form but can we please get a idea of what they working on right now and some short of rough eta for next update and what it suppose to bring us please?
    They are too busy spending the millions EA money they have earned while laughing uncontrollably at the fact that EA allows them to get people to actually pay them to test their game. TaleWorlds are so unethical and disrespectful of their fanbase that it almost defied belief.
  15. The Community and Myself Deserve a Refund!

TaleWorlds had a good history record with Early Access so far. That's why many people trusted them initially, including me.
    After 3 months left with a shallow and flawed game, inferior to its predecessor to almost every extent, people are showing malcontent. It's normal.

Especially when the devs have to spend 1.5 months (to date) to rewrite the engine 4 months after releasing a game that has been 8 years in development. A game which was deemed "stable" in the EA disclaimer.

Add to this the lack of previously-announced features, and the lack of new coming features and content in the current development roadmap.

Then again, asking for a refund after >500h is shameful, but I think that was not the main point of the OP.
    And it does not change the fact that after scraping the surface of modern graphics and UI, BL is a mutilated version of Warband, to the point of lacking gameplay features that mods for WB had years ago.

Anyway, given how grindy the game is, and how broken the RPG progression is, together with crashes and savegame corruption, it's impossible to realize how disappointing the game actually is without hitting the two hours refund-limit policy of steam.
    A very well reasoned and sensible post. If only more members had the capability to look at things so objectively.

Pro tip - this forum has fanboi trolls who will attack your post until it gets shut down for flaming. They are adamant TW can do no wrong under EA. And TW clearly dont care about their player base or this title, they are getting money from the troll fanguard.

Inflammatory, but at the same time sadly true.
  16. The Community and Myself Deserve a Refund!

Ive purchased EA before and been burned so I really have no one but myself to blame. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I highly doubt this is the first EA game for any of you either. There will be no refunds, were just suckers simple as
    This is my first and last EA title. EA is clearly a cash-grab that some unscrupulous developers use to get hard cash early in development, while getting an army of willing BETA testers to provide feedback. It's a clever yet brutal tactic, to farm your own fanbase like that.

It is mainly naive and enthusiastic young kids that seem to be either unaware or in denial about this, probably due to lacing the life experience that breeds the appropriate level of cynicism about how these things work.
  17. Bannerlord is mis-advertised by the devs on Steam (yes, even taking into account Early Access)

Nothing in that sentence was a lie. From day 1 of EA the game was completely playable and enjoyable. Now it's even more so.
    Congrats, you are officially a liar. :smile:

According to these fan boys, potential customers are supposed to "know better" that "hopefully 1 year" is not true...

Multiple posts on this thread and the other thread from the fan boys all indications that anyone who believed "hopefully 1 year" was going to be a good ball park figure are fools.

So we are fools for thinking the game would be finished some where around 1 year after that is what the game maker stated...

According to these fan boys and seems TaleWorlds themselves(based on the silence of their seeming deceits) , anyone that bought the game OR buys the game thinking some where near 1 year from now the game will be complete are fools.

Can someone else point out a game in early access alpha stage multi-years away from gold that are marketing Early Access at $49.99 American dollars?

Please bring some evidence to the table fan boys that TW is pricing this Early Access reasonable.

I am making a new post on this topic to start showing "us fools" just how far away TW is from delivering the final product.

Want to make clear again here: I am not upset about TW taking years from today to finish, I am upset because I feel cheated and deceived by TaleWorlds and TaleWorlds is continuing to deceive potential new customers.

Been part of many Early Access game for many years now, up your fan boys saying we don't what Early Access means. Other developers are not deceiving customers like I see TW doing for Early Access state, a deception that TW is pulling all in the name of justifying charging customers a high price to alpha stage product.

Great post... however I think you are wasting your time trying to persuade irrational and perhaps delusional people about things that they have already made their minds up about. There is only so much you can try to make people see sense before it becomes clear that logic, reason and common sense have no real part in this discussion.
  18. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

CA Patch total war every 6 months, Firaxis only drop major patches with new DLC content.
    You are talking about published (not early access) games. And please tell us... why are you anyway trying to justify the poor behaviour of one developer with the poor behaviour of another? CA have been rightly highly criticised for their patching strategy and it's not acceptable on the part of any publisher to not release timely patches if a game is in a poor state... especially one in a state as fundamentally bad as Bannerlord that is relying on an enthusiastic userbase to keep it running through early access.
  19. Bannerlord is mis-advertised by the devs on Steam (yes, even taking into account Early Access)

I am too proud to admit that I was stupid enough to get tricked by a vague EA description.
    YMMV.
    That kind of false pride and vanity is only a weakness... hopefully you can address it. But please, keep defending TW's lies at the cost of your dignity, I am sure that they appreciate all the help they can get at the moment!
  20. Bannerlord is mis-advertised by the devs on Steam (yes, even taking into account Early Access)

How dare Taleworlds try to sell their game - what utter insanity is that!

As for the statement nothing is untrue - all of those features are present just unfinished. I'm confused which part you think you are missing?
    "Nothing is untrue"... are you actually serious or are you, just like some others on this forum, desperate to defend TW?

"While the early access version is very much stable and playable, players can expect to run into some obscure bugs and other issues "

This was a literal lie... indefensibly so. TW knew what state the game was in when they released it, and that state included MASSIVE and often GAME-BREAKING bugs.

They lied, it's that simple.
Back
Top Bottom