Search results for query: *

• Users: Jace
  • Order by date
  1. Jace

TWim - TWf-exclusive image uploading site

Okay, I gave 'er a spin on a Chrome-based browser, getting a constant Error Internal Server Error. Either a limit setting on php I've not set or Google has decided to failed to support yet anotyher set web standard once again. Working on it.
    Just to check, anyone else getting similar problems?

Or more importantly: Anyone has it working? If so, OS/browser/version/etc?
    After some looking into it, it might be more clientside than serverside issue. Serverside is basically all my code, clientside is something I yoinked from github. Seems like the latter has been last updated in 2021. Might need to change it to a completely different one. Which'll be... uh... fun. And not fast, probably. The images hosted currently there still work, right?
    Okay, it looks like it's a cookie/database thing. Bit late to fix it now, probably hopefully tomorrow.
    **** sleeping. Found one problem which should hopefully fix it, but there's still a problem with larger files, still looking into that
    Past seven in the morning, it works for everyone I've managed to help test it, but only works for me for files smaller than 1MB. I have no idea what the hell is going on anymore. Hopefully it works for everyone but me.
  2. Jace

Just in case they're relevant, OS and browser (w/ version)?
  3. Jace

Managed to get a `Error Request Entity Too Large` out of it, but not that one.
    Does it happen with ALL files or just those formats or if they're too large or anything? Or just those two files?
    I'll see if I have time to look into it tomorrow. If not, Monday should be better.
  4. Jace

Obviously, please let me know if something's not working and I'll look into it.
  5. Jace

Everything seems to be in working order as far as TWim is considered (with brief testing), starting the transfer over now. Expect some outages and stuff in the next while

DNS updates done (hopefully correctly), things should start to work again while things propagate.
  6. Jace

Progress report: Files are uploaded to new host, they can actually be downloaded now and stuff. But uploading them still comes up with errors. Gonna look into that tomorrow and hopefully it'll be all hunky AND doory after that.

When the DNS transfer is done (once everything has been confirmed to work), it may take some hours to rig up https, so files linked with that might fail for a short while, but with any hope things will transfer smoothly.
  7. Jace

Okay so the good news is that I have a new host arranged, files are uploaded (at least 99.9% of 'em, gotta look at a few that may've failed) and things are partially set up.
    Just need to do the irritating part, aka setting up the databases and stuff.

Downside is that when this is all done and set up, the files might load faster (new host is far less shared and probably behind a bigger pipe) :razz:
  8. Jace

Got a response from DreamHost. Apparently it actually is of the "Lol **** you" kind of a response. So I will need to go with the new hosting route. Image outage of a day or two is to be expected.
  9. Jace

Okay I just finished downloading all the thumbnails of all the 164k images, now they're saying I'm still using all the 10 connections to the server so I'm not sure what I can do from hereon.
    Response: 530 Sorry, the maximum number of connections (10) for your host are already connected.
    Will keep trying to poke at it until it'll work again. Not fond of the progress of everything going on.
  10. Jace

I tried to check activity by checking how many images were uploaded in the last few months, seems like it's around one image a day range. Still enough for me to try to keep up with the effort of hosting and uploads, despite me not having much of an involvement in the whole forum business for years now.
  11. Jace

Oh yeah, I should really ask if any one of you is still using this page. I do have the option to disable further uploading and just have it as a repository of all the images posted so far (just so y'alls don't just run into a barrage of 404s on all the threads).
  12. Jace

Okay, my host finally started to question the use of TWim.

We've noticed some content on your account that might run afoul of our Acceptable Use Policy and wanted to draw your attention to it:

tw.greywool.com/i on [server url] (107.51 GiB)

The storage on our servers is designed specifically for hosting websites and their associated content. It's not well suited to being used as a backup solution or other general-use storage solution. That can include (but is not limited to!) using the web server as method of delivering files not intended for website use.

The bad news is that we have to ask you to delete this content from your server within the next days or migrate it over to our DreamObjects service before 2024-02-03.

Unfortunately, we cannot allow the data we cited above to continue to live on your current web service. We'd prefer that you move the data off yourself at a time that's convenient for you, but if you take no action we will delete the data above in days. Please let us know what you plan to do. Please note, we will try our best to ensure your data is not deleted before the date listed above, and your reply is appreciated.

If you feel that we're wrong about your content (hey, it happens!), please contact us with details so that we can investigate the matter for you and take appropriate action.

I have contacted them yesterday with details to what these files are actually for, but no response so far. I'm under the process of backing up all the files, I've already talked to some people who will be able to host these again, presuming things go down the worst path. If that happens, there might be a day or two of downtime while I chuck the images to the new host (and potential DNS change delays), but I will still be doing my best to keep all the images online.
  13. Jace

How does it know if I've checked the email or not
  14. Jace

And I got an email about that message. Guess I had been quiet too long and the forum decided "Lol you not getting emails anymore."
  15. Jace

Someone messaged me. Apparently the forum had dropped the "Email me on every new reply on this thread plz" thing. I did a change, as far as I can tell it's working fine now. Can others confirm?

Edit:
    The host did a PHP update thing on 21st of March, but I did check the twim page itself, didn't check if the posted images were actually showing up here, so that may've been it. Also, this thread has an "Unwatch" button on it, so I'm guessing I'm watching it. Not getting emails about it though. Probably something in the settings

Edit edit:
    Okay, couldn't find where to do that without enabling email messages to replies to *every* thread I've ever interacted with. If **** breaks again, please toss a PM and I'll get to it ASAP.
  16. Jace

Yeah, the page is designed to allow you to upload images even if you don't allow it to store cookies. They're just a convenience for someone who wants that little extra
  17. Jace

Just tested, WORKSFORME. You accepting cookies and do you have ipv6?
  18. Jace

Due to some problems with SQL databases on my server (this one isn't part of the problem, but this one might be momentarily affected because of the problem), TWim might have some downtime, or failure to save images you've uploaded in your personal list.

Edit: Okay, should be done now. Hope nobody got inconvenienced.
  19. Jace

You are accepting cookies, right? And no extensions which would clean cookies whenever you leave a site?
    If yes and no, will need to know more about your setup
  20. Jace

Changed a thing on TWim, which checked for valid IP addresses on the call, never considered IPv6 might not work with the function, which made adding images to database fail, thus they couldn't be linked to any "accounts."
    Let me know if it breaks for people who had it work before and/or if it fixed it for you if it was broken before.
Back
Top Bottom