Search results for query: *

1. Yes, spears, again

Great thread, nice historic excursion OP! I agree with all points made.

The Bannerlord spear lost two of its attack directions and got nothing to make up for it! In Warband it was hella fun and satisfying to beat up your opponent and stun him for miliseconds by swiping that stick across his face.

So either we get omnidirectional spears (very short spears/clubs!) or introduce the stun/push effect that is suggested in a mild matter!

Thank you all for the contributions, I hope this gets some attention!
  2. Update on One life mode?

It is called BATTLE and its from Warband and its AMAZINGLY simple, however, knowing Taleworlds, they will put in FLAGS into this mode too. :smile:)
  3. How about a bandit faucet?

Manhunters, yes, please! Bandit faucet is also a great idea, could be bound to the bandit caves, but I can't be assed to not "send troops" on that one and waste my time for these. Also one should be able to send Manhunters aloose in service to gain gold & renown!

Looters generally scale badly, too. Their troop tree is non existent, so in the late game, even 200 looters don't scare you and other lords, they are just annoying really. Looter parties that survive a year should be given a badass name and some better troops so they are worthy to be hunted and give you a better renown and some rare loot.

Since they make up half of the early game, and really no difference in late game, other than being annoying, they need some more twists.
  4. SP - General Dismissing Troops -> Send them to a garrison

Hello, I feel like just dismissing troops is a lame mechanic. It doesn't spark joy. You have to do it cause otherwise they desert anyways, or you get the chance to donate them to a garrison. Well, they ain't idiots right, they can walk the worldmap themselves. So how about, when dismissing...
  5. Donating Prisoners 1.65

I also donated a bunch of stuff and it didn't impact at all
  6. Balance Patch: design insights + full changelog

So, after staying away for a month I played a couple rounds of Captain yesterday evening. I'm twisted. Hope there will be more polishing sooner rather than later.
    • I noticed that a lot of sounds don't play anymore and hits/misses are way harder to track
    • New ambient walking/fighting sounds are kinda nice, but also confusing, I keep looking for phantom cav
    • Generally I feel I'm hitting much less things, attacking feels way more spongy and less predictable than before
    • I feel like some weapon lengths, like the empire archer short sword allow for no offense nor defense, those things are ridicolous to bring
    • Shock troop players seem to angle-hit me rotating over >180° very fast, often no time to react, just seems to be a weird mechanic
    • I found it odd that there's perks involved like with Sturgia's Cav "Random mount" – randomness in an equipment focused pvp game is weird to me, of all the things I want predictability of my equipment, otherwise I will go for the save option every time
    • You fixed a lot of gross map graphics and glitches, nice.
    • Why the heck were player death stats disabled?
    • Heavy INF and shields seem to dominate still and should, thats why heavy throwing weapons like the Pila should disable shields completely (like they were realistically used), to make ambusher class more effective
    • MVP screen should at least feature why that player is shown
  7. Hey Guys.

That's not entirely true. There were various perk and balance changes, now skins are added. However, many forum users feel the changes are mostly not that helpful or feel very experimental and unpolished.
  8. How will BL MP be revived?

And a server browser outside of the game so I dont have to launch and click through the menu everytime
  9. Am level 100 but get no "Loot" from playing previously in new update

Nah I don't think it should be changed. The main multiplayer base has an insane amount of hours in bannerlord when you compare it to other games, it has a very dedicated but small fan base. Due to this you would basically give the entire playerbase as ****ton of currency, which kinda defeats the point of it.

Ofcourse it hurts a bit but it makes sense, just a longer term goal.
    Well, then super duper expensive gear for 10k hours of playtime seal that deal. Otherwise you're just circling down to punish loyalty.

You probably also think that after wipe at the end of early access, you get something great for your 21415 LvL? HAHhaha . grow up
    If that wipe should happen then at the very least skins could be added for those players, similiar to the beta badge and so on. I dont see how your "grow up" commentary helps here, maybe take a look in the mirror?
  10. The new armors are boring

Skins need to be aligned to their logical armor value AND have a "improved armor" look on top. How can a peasant in leather have more armor than shock troops in chainmail?
  11. Will customized player banners be enabled in the future?

At the moment it is plausible to think that at least Taleworlds intends to implement it... I assume through the basic SP editor.

In mpcosmetics.xml at the end of the document appear all the sigils, which apparently have a cost=100. It is plausible to think that in the future they will add "more designs" with a higher cost.

Also in native_strings.xml there is this line of code <string id="str_multiplayer_option.AllowIndividualBanners" text="{=tAyw51tM}Allow Individual Banners" />

That's cool info! Thanks for pointing it out. So it might be part of the customizations!
  12. Will customized player banners be enabled in the future?

I always loved the good old Warband multiplayer shieldwalls in battle mode, as they often featured douzens of different designs and had a nice impact on the immersion of a battle, with "lords and lieges" duking it out side by side. I really miss this in Bannerlord, as factions have no notable...
  13. Can we increase fist fighting damage?

Sometimes you really just want to resort to fisticuffs and show that other guy how iron your fists are. But such a brawl takes literally forever. Your arms are too short, the damage is too low... It could be more intense and fun!
  14. How does everyone feel about the recent patch?

Captain mode oriented:
    - Perks need to be balanced some more
    - Perks need radical visual representation on units
    - Profanity filter messes up normal words often which is annoying, needs to be toggable
    - We still not have a "Give up/yield" option to stop a game after 1 last cav rambo goes in circles for forever
    - Spear brace is still massively underused and does not enough damage, a good cav player outreaches you every time

Most importantly, you still instantly lose when a group goes full INF. Your setup doesnt matter at all when the enemy is snowballing you. Same goes for when your team goes >3 archer, that game is totally lost. 3 cav? Totally lost. I'm not one for restricting things, but maybe it makes sense to restrict each troop unit to a maximum use of two to spice up things, dependant on the other factions setup as well.
  15. Passive perks are not distinguishable enough

Havent played much skirmish lately, sorta felt like the WW SS dissapeared even before the patch, but I havent played enough lately to say.

The cav vs inf fight hasnt changed at all. All this patch did was massively punish cav that would actually get stopped, but good cavalry probably wont be hit by the spear anyway. Doesnt matter if it does 1 damage or 10000, if the spear cant reach the horse, it might aswell do 0.

Lances shouldnt be longer than the spears for sure.
    Absolutely agree + add spear swings back in to actually deal with INF when you got a spear! Long spear defaults + pikes should outmatch lances, short spears dont make any sense in the game currently unless its supporting melee. One on ones with spears are boring and bad.
  16. Passive perks are not distinguishable enough

I agree completely. Either passives perks have a notorious change in the loadout so other players can notice it by looking at them or remove them from the game.

Just hope it doesnt take six months to change it, like crush though...
    this
  17. Quality of Life Improvement Duel Server

Also can you please only show all necessary meta info of a player when I press "alt" or look at him directly? The green boxes are cluttering up my screen on a full server. Thanks.
  18. Please TW give the patchie

Almost 5 months since "Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5" Almost 1 month since "New MP Patch video very soon (a lot sooner than the last one)" WELP Almost 3 months since last proper patchie for MP I've played this stale multiplayer game every week now since months and am kiting the...
  19. Rambo should always be a part of captain to an extent

it's probably fair to say archers are probably the defining unit that enriches an armies strategy more than anything else in captains mode. They completely change the way an army begins to play in both attack and defence... Unfortunately this update came around the same time as the frequency of Ramboing started to get crazy and really out of hand.. Which almost immediately meant archers were too great a risk and once again the inf ball returns to power.
    Absolutely agree. Archers can make the game, they really need good positioning and also need to keep up pace – they force the enemy player to think smartly about their angles – they need clever handling and a proper support troop – with a smart ally you are unstoppable as an archer. Unless there's a glaive cav rambo in sight, OR you are being snowballed by INF (which shouldnt happen ideally with mates around).

I really found my love for fast bows as well, in the right range they can decimate an enemy legion – but as soon as melee happens in front of you and allies are chasing the enemy, your guys are constantly hitting your friends, so they are once again useless. In public games I rarely find a spot with people that give me the time (and their patience) to position properly and make it rain. In a way, its too fast paced and rush oriented, and rambo underlines that.
Back
Top Bottom