Search results for query: *

1. Kator Viridian

A piece of our history

Ah I came in at Wavre, Line battles and the likes were such happy places where it was just about playing and having a laugh. I remember the monday publics with people playing commanders, a Highlander doing nothing but "CHARGEEEE!!!" in his deep scottish voice. Those were fun days indeed.

And any class could use cannons! that was just fun ... made cavalry so useful ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_4GrEiYBWA
  2. Kator Viridian

The community deserves better

Goker said:
    Hekko said:
    I am fairly sure I will be banned from the forum
    I know you probably copy-pasted this from another forum, but that won't happen here.

Yep was a Copy-paste :wink:
  3. Kator Viridian

Do you remember....

Antifiriz said:
    Do you guys remember when an entire regiment got destroyed by artillery with one cannonball in the Battle of Wavre event? It was a freaking awesome shot.

52nd ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_4GrEiYBWA

Ah that day was hilarious .... poor 95th guys.
  4. Kator Viridian

new and need some advice

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,254447.0.html
    http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1727.0

Done and done, picking your own is the best way, talking to a few people and getting the feel of the game and its community first is a first step forward, you may want to be in a small regiment or a large one.

But the lists should help you specify into what you want to actually join.
  5. Kator Viridian

Linebattling Tips and Tricks

The reasons for officer targeting:

1) Get a line to charge.
    2) Get a line to panic on who is leading next causing a problem in their teamspeak.
    3) As Skirmishers this can sometimes give you the chance to get away as a line organises who is next incharge if it has too much or too little organisation (Being organised and have rank systems can actually hinder you in line battles because while you are trying to organise the new officer to the front of the line you are loosing time in moving effciently in the right direction)
    4) Get the officer to get angry over teamspeak shouting at his fellow clanmates and stop any tactical play happening in the teamspeak.
    5) Get the officer angry so next round he is concentrated on something he shouldn't be ... like getting revenge.
    6) Absolutely Hilarious!

Always check your rules, if there is no rule against officer targetting then do not complain when it happens. Officer targeting offers a wide variety of tactical advantages on the battlefield and damned sure it happened during the Era too.

Also on the reason for "Moral" obligations, that is absolute bullcrap, for one the Military nowadays does it all the time, the first one if spotted to get dropped will be the one leading the squad or commanding. Its also happened since the begining of "Wars" that killing or getting rid of any authroity figures on the battlefield was tactically sound and called upon ... for one people of such stature should not be putting themselves into such danger.
  6. Kator Viridian

ThaNightmare48 said:
    Well, a bit of my poor knowledge:

-If you are in the middle of the line turn sideways, or spin generally while reloading. In my experience it makes you harder to  hit

-Don't rambo as first into meele if you are bad at blocking.

-Look up the sky for cannonballs!

-Do what you are ordered to do. Reloading in a charge, firing without order or running out of formation will only get you killed or weaken your regiment.

-Don't chat. Even if you want to.

-Don't be blind! If your commander uses the spyglass he won't see cavalry coming from the side, cannonballs from the sky or skrimishers on the mountains.

Hope that helps a bit!

These 2 contradict each other completely its why I just don't allow the "Never chat" Rule, mainly because I'm not fussed as long as people listen when needed ... I'd rather be told there is cavalry on my left, right or centre rather than not know at all because I have the silly "No chatting" rule.

Always use your initiative than be disciplined, the more jumps you have on an enemy the more likely you are to survive. Removing the chatting rule and using initiative in any regiment means that your guys can give contructive tactics to you that you might of missed, as well as getting you into a fight you can easily win, or helping you avoid one you could sorely loose because you missed the extra regiment behind the hill but the private who spotted it is too scared to tell you because you rule with an iron fist.

Having a strict rule system becomes hard to admin, makes you look like a douche and can often sap the tactical advantage and fun out of the game you are playing.

Also if cannon balls are coming towards you ... then your presenting too much of a target, get the line behind a hill.
  7. Kator Viridian

57th Regiment of Foot Skin

James Grant said:
    I'm going to be honest.
    First of all you should ask someone directly, it's very rare you see a skinner volunteer himself, they're very busy chaps.
    Secondly the resources you provided are, to be frank, useless.

Thirdly...
    regiment4.jpg

Heres a re-enactment group about the regiment.
    http://www.thediehards.co.uk/

*Face desk*

Wrong period of History lol, your looking at a re-enactment group from the 1880's ... about 70 years too late.

Secondly its a re-enactment group they are far from historians as you can get, might as well just go ask someone in the National Army Museum: http://www.nam.ac.uk/contact-us . They will more than likely have something about the regiments history and full details ... you will just have to put a bit of effort into it is all.

Also here is a quote for you from your site:

"The Diehard unit has a fifty strong membership and we are members of the Victorian Military Society, an internationally respected study organisation that covers the period 1837 to 1914."

About says it all really.
  8. Kator Viridian

NW Completed Saturday Linebattle

PrideofNi said:
    PrideofNi will be there!

Kator Viridian will also be there :wink:
  9. Kator Viridian

bartekbaree said:
    Who does 1 V 1,  Stalker's 51st Yorkshire used to do it, and they where bloody good at it. I bet many regiments would like to do it more often, its just hard to organize these as normally a regiment A* want a private lb with regiment B* and regiment B* doesn't want a lb with them because they and their officers know that they will lose badly.  Also different aspects that makes us realize that we're just a bunch of un-civil-ish humans.

Tips for COs and NCOs, before you allow a fresh recruit or cadet into a line battle, make sure he knows which one of you is the officer, this saves a lot of time, you also wont get asked questions like "Which one is the officer, I thought its him * Random Skirm* so I formed up on his right as you've said.".. Yes, That could and it has happened before. Also, never divide lines by ranks, so for example 3 lines, 1 recruits-cadets, 2 Privates-regulars,3 fusseliers- Kingsmen, this will only make line 1 be terribly bad and very hard to lead..  also then lets just say line 3 will get shot down by two over lines and arty and there's your elite gone, its all up to the crazy experienced-ish and un-experienced members, round lost. 

For actual event tips and tricks.. well, never walk into a line that's your size and its also aiming straight at you, I followed that rule and my lines where pretty beastly. :smile:

Lol I love the last bit the most, we've wondered infront of full lines before no problem with that at all, the posibility of being hit on the move is always pretty slim ... depending on distance anyway, but we've been point blank to a friendly line and they all missed ... Crusader will back me up on that one.

Also keeping your lines together is recommended anyway, if your oponent is doing it then divide and conquer. It as a really simple tactic of mobbing the smallest line first that way you always have a numbers advantage.

Also faith in Humanity being kind spirited and good is always at a low, there are no nice people per-say more of people gunning for themselves and what they want, never expect anyone to give a damn about you or what you think ... afterall thats what an opinon is.
  10. Kator Viridian

Which soilders have Armor

Using British as my basline for the factions:

Line infantry - Basic stats (For this example)
    Light infantry - More Crossbow (Accuracy), less polearm, powerstrike and Ironflesh .... overall more Accuracy, less melee damage and Health.
    Guard - More Polearm ... more damage in melee (Although neglagable at 15 points)
    Officer - Less polearm and more 1 hander ... Better with a sword than basic infantry and worse with a bayonete.

Overall tbh most of the stats are quite neglagable apart from the light infantry who seem to have a lot less than what they get out of it:

56 more points of crossbow
    40 less points in polearm
    2 points out of power strike
    1 less ironflesh

The lack of powerstrike is what really hits home on the light infantry, but due to the power of the bayonete a head stab is still a pretty much 1 hit kill.
  11. Kator Viridian

MaHuD said:
    Did I ever say it was not smart to do?
    In my opinion it goes against the very idea of a linebattle.
    It looks rediculious, especially for 1 vs 1 regimental fights.

1v1 but who does 1v1? Might as well play with the strategic play of an amoeba.

Looks are worth about as much as rp'ers love it, the opinions of others (Apart from the admins) matters not when strategically you get the upper hand, As long as you keep to rules there is nothing against it apart from opinion.
  12. Kator Viridian

MaHuD said:
    Of course it works, that's why people would do it in public.

And line battle :wink:
  13. Kator Viridian

PrideofNi said:
    Kator grump. Kator not nice when he grumpy  :evil:

I will eat your face

49e_Samuel said:
    The 49e regiment will be there :grin:

Thats nice. Read the OP :wink:
  14. Kator Viridian

MaHuD said:
    DanyEle said:
    Hugonaut said:
    I usually take about 3 steps away from my line so all those people who are aiming at/for me are wasted shots. Both deterring fire from the line and making them waste valuable time and effort to kill me.

What is yours?

Useful trick. Instead, when leading my regiment as far as regards shooting I usually make my men shoot at a regiment which is stooped, or is walking towards us in a column, otherwise all the bullets are going to be wasted. For charges, firstly I try to make them avoid the enemy shots then fire at will while spreading. In melee they shouldn't be fighting in anything more than 2 vs 1 , but try to surround the enemy and kill players from behind rather than focusing on single duels.
    ... That's so horrible, that's what one would do on public servers not in a freaking linebattle.

Done that since the begining of time Mahud, always have done it and it still works.

For ambushing the best thing is to Crouch ... yes Crouch your line behind the top of a ridge on a hill, wait until someone tries to go over it or attempts to skirt around it and just jump over and scare the crap out of them with a volley point blank. As Light infantry we've managed to ambush the enemy artillery before it could set up ... funny times.

Light infantry is very mobile, use it to your advantage, never sit ontop of a hill always make sure where the cannons are you have a hill between you, cannons will hit the top and bounce off and it will take a few balls before they arch it over, by that time you can move anyway.

To avoid canon fire as stated above for line make sure there is always a hill between you and the cannon, lining up infront of a cannon is the stupidest thing you can do as a captain ... and i've seen it happen every single line battle.

At the start of line battles, get your men together quickly and form the column on the move, hopefuly when your half the map across the enemy are still getting together or are not moving out yet, in the first round this gives you a good lay of the land before anyone else and allows you to set up a position in preference to yourself.

The more time you waste at spawn the more time the enemy has to move, always make sure to tell your guys to form up at the same place every round no matter which way you are going.

Try to be clear on directions the most famous line i've heard is "That line over there" or "Next to that rock on the hill" ... dosn't help when your fighting 3-4 lines and there are about 70 rocks on about 7-8 hills.
  15. Kator Viridian

Starting A New Australian Regiment, name suggestions?

Bluehawk said:
    Whether or not they're successful has nothing to do with whether or not their name is stupid.

Heres where I spent your 2 pence worth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHrRxQVUFN4
  16. Kator Viridian

Starting A New Australian Regiment, name suggestions?

Bluehawk said:
    DrTaco said:
    I dare say you are ******** wrong.

If you're going to make up nonsense, you might as well not call yourself a regiment, but make a clan instead.

00th very successful regiment, same with the 01th now as well ... made up totally.

So yeh you are totally wrong.

Your going to find it hard to find a historical "Number Name" so try find one that is something along the lines of "East Essex" or "The Kings own Norfolk..." Something that sounds the part maybe? So for example if its Australian something like the "Queensland Colonial 1st regiment of foot".
  17. Kator Viridian

Kator Viridian said:
    Gremlin1999 said:
    The 1st Maryland will be there with about 15-30 men this saturday
    we should be there every week
    :grin:
    Gremlin1999 said:
    1stMD will be there with 10-20 men
    Gremlin1999 said:
    1st Maryland will b ethere with around about 10-20 people. We are line infantry
    Gremlin1999 said:
    1st Maryland Will be there again
    We will have Around 10-20 members
    Thanks Gremlin
    Gremlin1999 said:
    1st Maryland should be there with about 15 men. We will be there like every week
    Thanks
    Major Gremlin

Maybe a lock out for the 1st Maryland with their 10-20 members for next saturday until their leader learns how not to troll and attempting to cause confusion for other newer regiments genuinly trying to get to grasps with the line battle setup.

Agree/disagree?

Jameston said:
    The 1st Maryland Regiment will be there!

We going to have a repeat of last times silliness?
  18. Kator Viridian

I am looking for a U.K. regiment (i was trolling sorry im in a perfectly good regiment)

Why is everyone so bothered? just leave him be, if he gets into a regiment good for him ... if not unfortunate, don't see why everyone is having the opinon "Oh well he did this this and this he must be a troll".
  19. Kator Viridian

What Grinds your gears: Napoleonic Wars

BacCompany3 said:
    Kator Viridian said:
    sethja8 said:
    Imperial Eagle said:
    Or atleast make enemies flinch when bumped. As it is now, bumping an enemy is worse than getting chambered....

Yeah, when I bump someone it seems like barely anything happens.  It should be lengthened, like a horse hitting someone was.  Says it took them an extra second to move you might atleast get another stab on them..

but ofcourse with my luck it would do barely any damage to them and they would stab me back in under 5 seconds

Your mainly bumping because you are too close to the enemy, stabbing still uses the same mechanics of sword slashing, so if your on the side the slash is coming from you can technically block it with your body ... its a great way to get the jump on some swordsmen who was inexperianced.

To avoid bumping people try hitting them at mid range than long or short, so the bayonete is hitting them about mid stab than at the end or the begining.
    Funny how I bump now more than when I was new at this game.
    Imperial Eagle said:
    If you started playing before 1.006, then that makes sense...

Answered, there was a lot of tweaking with the bayonete, the same with the swords really.
  20. Kator Viridian

2. Königlich Sächsisches Jäger-Regiment Nr. 13

pod455 said:
    Wrong section, wait, wrong forum now i guess
    But good luck!

Not the wrong forum at all, there are 2 now :wink:

But yeh wrong section though.

Goodluck and Enjoy NW :wink:
Back
Top Bottom