Search results for query: *

1. Rolf Lutz

Has telling a lord "Actually, I think you're the one ought to surrender" ever worked?

2F897E88C6E798EDA8A226FC9BCA56C0D133C29B

They even ask you to surrender when they will undoubtedly lose.

By the way, in this encounter he was the one that engaged to attack my party.
  2. Rolf Lutz

Stop nerfing things.

The funniest thing is that it almost looks like a meme made by an internet anarcho-capitalist: Company decides to control free market (because people were getting too rich) and breaks the economy
  3. Rolf Lutz

Stop nerfing things.

Which elite army? If you want to keep 100 banner Knights in you army, yes, but It would be wrong that you could afford this army with just 1 Workshop.

I have played about 5 campaigns and I have more than 100 hours played. I have been rich in every campaign I have played except the first ones because I didn't know how to trade effectively. So probably who should play more the game and learn some things are the people who complain about how hard It is, right?
    The purpose of this topic is mainly to criticize mostly what happened in the latest patch. TW have been gradually making specious changes in the economical aspect that eventually broke the economy of the game. If you play the latest version eventually you will see all cities and settlements run out of money… It is alright if you are rich already, but not if you are starting a new game
  4. Rolf Lutz

Stop nerfing things.

Caravans were hardly worth it in the first place. My biggest daily from one was what, 1k? Thats nothing and it got taken out shortly after because the AI declares war for no reason.
    Yes I noticed that as well so I used to make my party my own caravan, I made what was a profitable trade route and kept trading and joining tournaments until I had enough to buy a workshop, then with good gear my main income would be from loot in battles... now none of this works anymore... Very funny they cut things to try to balance the late game, which almost have no content, in detriment of the early and mid game which are all we have for now
  5. Rolf Lutz

Stop nerfing things.

My logic is that I was getting more than 2k per day even when I had a full elite army. All that I needed was Pottery Shop in Poros, another one in Can Pennoc and two caravans.

Un my current playthrough (started un 1.1.0), I am getting 5k per day (one Caravan was giving me 2k per day) and I have close to a million, even when I do not care about my money and buy food overpriced.

Did you play the latest patch? Tournaments, Pottery Shops and Caravans... you just mentioned things that are not profitable anymore
  6. Rolf Lutz

Stop nerfing things.

Let's compare money in native warband to money in native EA bannerlord
    In Warband, wages were weekly. Bannerlord, they're daily.
    In Warband, the best enterprise was dyeworks, endgame was a dyeworks in every town. Financial stability was critical to the mid game before joining a kingdom as villages could not pay your wages. In Bannerlord, the best enterprise is...was pottery, now I'll be completely honest, I don't even know because there is no way to tell how much you'll make before buying something. Who knows what it will be next update? Will workshops even be worth it?
    In Warband, your party size was very small. Im talking, like, 70 dudes by the end of the game unless you have 10 in leadership. In Bannerlord, your party size can likely get up to 500 with maxed stewardship perks - I'm only estimating here, as the perks aren't implemented. Assuming this army is elite and not recruits, you'll be spending at least 5000 on your party alone by 500 troops. This doesn't include garrisons, companion parties which are capped at 80, caravan wages or policies.
    In Warband, the most money you'd make was from a town, and that is what would get you into the millions by the end of the game. I believe my character had 1.5 million after conquering Calradia, and like Bannerlord, I had nothing to spend money on. But what I did spend money on up until that point was upgrades to town, good armor, lordly armor, masterwork weapons, and it wasn't really had all that taken care of did I really accumulate wealth. In Bannerlord, I make a majority of my money from fiefs, and a majority of my expenses go into my party, clan parties, and garrisons in that order. This is at what is considered late game. I can't buy new armor because I can't find it, I have 3 million denars, I'm independent, and I'm still wearing a kilt, granted its a very nice kilt. Upgrades barely cost anything (nothing if you don't put money in reserve), and its extremely fast to upgrade things. In Warband, the upgrades were expensive and very noticeable. Bannerlord, the best upgrade is walls, everything else seems to hurt you in the long run. More prosperity? Less food. Less food? Less prosperity until the cycle repeats itself. Weapons and armor however went up to astronomical prices, while I make less and less money, and at end game it actually seems like I'll probably be losing money, especially if my children get their own parties.
    It seems across the board we are making less and less while everything gets more expensive after each update. What is this, the Calradian depression? Why is Taleworlds setting up an unavoidable economic crisis in their own game? The game is getting grindier and grindier for a pair of socks and I can barely find top tier armor.

Well said, I wish this would reach the developers somehow, because it seems they are not testing the early game at all.

I already started five different playthroughs, at each one I thought I would progress faster since I was more well adjusted to current mechanics and would have less bugs to deal and an improved version of the game. I was taking notes to somehow send as feedback, however each new playthrough have an even slower progression (money-wise). Right now I just hope that saved games don’t stop being compatible because I do not want to start a new game at all, just to imagine all the slow and tedious things we need to do until the game starts being enjoyable is not a good thought.
  7. Rolf Lutz

Stop nerfing things.

These changes really were disappointing. The game only starts being fun once you have a good amount of money, before that it consists in a series of repetitive buggy missions, repetitive battles with looters — who are faster than you and hard to catch most of the time — and some trading if you prefer — which used to be interesting as well. Once you have a good income then you can engage in wars, fight lords with extremely expensive armours and good units, conquer castles and so on, then finally the game is fun.

The early game used to be more enjoyable before these changes, especially the tournaments. It was entertaining to fight in the random modes of the arena, but then they made it useless. You do not make relevant profit anymore and the prizes are horrible… So in the end you win a duel against someone with an extremely expensive heavy armour and get an irrelevant prize, maybe only the renown is worth mentioning.

Once you buy a workshop then you will have a good income to maintain your party in the early game, Pottery Shops used to be a good source of money to maintain a good amount of high level soldiers and buy nice armours, but then after a update they are not profitable anymore in various locations and armours and weapons had their value increased in an absurd rate. It was alright for sometime, I changed my workshops to another type but I was still receiving a good amount of income only because I already had bought 3 of them… but then all cities ended up without gold and no workshop have value anymore.

So are these changes only being tested in saves with more than 200 days? I do not understand why make the early game even more slower and not enjoyable than it already was while other heroes younger then your character already have huge stats and why delay even more the fun part of the game making you pay absurd prices for gear while having even less income.
  8. Rolf Lutz

Glad that beta version was tested before going live /sarcasm

I think that the moment mexxico mentioned that they wanted vanilla Bannerlord to not be a complex experience was a massive red flag because that definitely indicates that their plan at the moment is to find the easy ways out of development issues and he explicitly called out that modders will create their own trade systems and such. I'm definitely worried that after seeing the modding community's work on Warband their intention now is to make a half-working skeleton that they just ask modders to finish for them, because honestly that's what he heavily hinted at.

If that is the case then the only major improvement we will see in MB2 in relation to its predecessors will be better graphics? The biggest problem of the last titles was the lack of complexity, after sometime the singleplayer experience usually became too repetitive and all the diplomacy, kingdom management and quests seemed secondary, just something to justify the battles where the real fun was
  9. Rolf Lutz

I think that performance improvements should be released as soon as possible but changes like this in the mechanics they need better testing before going out, I don't mind waiting a longer time to test something in a better shape, but playing even experimentally something totally broken is not fun at all
  10. Rolf Lutz

So.... Where are my siblings?

Maybe in the future your younger siblings can be used to forge alliances through marriage? One more thing that we only have a hint and is not implemented yet I guess...
  11. Rolf Lutz

I just reverted from the beta (1.2) to 1.1 because of this after having a game ruined, but it seems that it was useless then? We need to revert to 1.0.9 to have the game economy working properly? It would have been strange to launch a major bug in the beta version already but in the stable one also? Not just that but moreover all characters lost their eyebrows while I was trying the beta version as well.
  12. Rolf Lutz

How to gain honor?

That's actually a good point , they escape too easy and too fast

Not just that, but if you capture their nobles you can charge a ransom for them for 2k maximum, while if you get captured they charge you more than 3k to be released.... If you capture their king the ransom payment will be almost nothing compared to the importance of the hero, if you keep them they just escape, this needs to be reworked indeed.
  13. Rolf Lutz

Resolved patch 1.2 absurd bug

I was surprised by the price of some armour and weapons that had what seemed a fair price before as well. And moreover Pottery shops stopped being viable, so they decrease your income and increase the prices of gear, that makes the game relatively much more slower. Then, I decided to change the Pottery Shops to some other kind of workshops, it works well for some time until I noticed that all cities were without gold. Indeed I don’t think I will try the beta versions anymore, they seem interesting because of the performance improvements, but they are coming with major issues.
  14. Rolf Lutz

Marriage Barter

In one playthrough I was a mercenary for the Southern Empire and offered 5k of gold, some horses and junk to Raghea until the gift button became available and for my surprise, she accepted it even with the meter bar empty.

Honestly the whole marriage process is absolutely retarded. I went through the first conversation 10 times. Things with 94% chance were ineffective.

10 times and nothing. So dumb. And it might be a good idea to let people know that 35 is the cut off age for marriage.
    In fact it might be good to let people know that there are time limits on the main quest line too. wtf

I totally agree and the same goes for all other similar interactions. It just controls if you will need to reload your save or not… 74% of chance or more and yet you still fail, that is just annoying, either you are able to do something or you don’t, this mechanics however judges if you are able but even so will fail and need to reload.
  15. Rolf Lutz

Resolved Merchants gold reset to 0 in all towns 1.2.0 (Early Game)

This happened with me for the first time once I tried the latest beta version today. I wasn't trading at all and just noticed it because the workshops stopped making profit... The maximum gold I saw a city with was 4k. I already had more than 300 days in the lastest playthrough, but without being able to sell the loot and without the production from the workshops it really disrupted my game.
  16. Rolf Lutz

Need More Info Can't enter settlement / talk / attack

Allowing yourself to get attacked does work to make interactions enabled again, but it is costly because only a stronger army will engage you.
  17. Rolf Lutz

Need More Info Can't enter settlement / talk / attack

I've got this issue as well once I tried the 1.1.0 beta. Maybe it is worth mentioning also that it happened with me after the army I was with was disbanded.
Back
Top Bottom