Search results for query: *

1. Solomani

wife wont have kid

Son, I think it's time we discuss the birds and the bees.
  2. Solomani

Starting age - 18 to 21 is more appropriate

The age thing bothers me too. The only mod I use is so I can change the age!
  3. Solomani

Been away for 3 month, has the game been improved?

I realize it is hard to click the big green [Play] button and try it out for yourself, but you could do that.
  4. Solomani

Which faction has the best troops and why?

The strength of Valandian Crossbows is they also make good melee units. So good I often reorganize them into infantry instead of ranged. Let them fire at will as the enemy closes in and then instruct them to stop firing and fight melee. They are actually really good.
  5. Solomani

A lack of immersion and purpose

When I play this game I always wonder, what genre it is? Is it an strategy medieval game? Is it a roleplaying game?

Honestly that is the last thing I would ever care about. I think "game genre" destroyed creativity in video games. It boxes the game into check-box features. RPG... you need attributes, levels, skill points, experience points, blah blah blah. Genres is killing games.

The fact that this game doesn't fit neatly into a "genre" is part of why it is a compelling game.

Yes, it needs more immersion. It needs more character development, as in personalities, for the nobles and companions. At present, I get immersion by making my own story in my head. If I just played the game and only took it at face value with none of my own "creative thinking", I can see everyone's point: it is boring. But yet, I bet most of us have already put in 10s to 100s of hours into it already.
  6. Solomani

wtf is the F1-F4 advance command supposed to be for? Can I just make them go a little further?

If F1-F6 actually stopped the advance and the troops returned to a formation (i.e. shield wall), that would be a huge improvement.
  7. Solomani

What is the Minimum Viable Product?

Minimum Viable Product = Rosie O'Donnell
    Gets the job done, but....
  8. Solomani

5 hours in a game and all factions are still in peace

I've never seen that! It's constant wars for me. As soon as one ends another begins.
  9. Solomani

Is anyone going to re-balance this mess?

Does anyone know of any mods that fixes this issue? I would really like a mod that would rebalance the game world and prevent pile ons.

Go ahead and make one.
  10. Solomani

What do you do early game?

Buy & Sell horses... buy workshop... recruit... and away I go
  11. Solomani

What do u think is missing for this game to have a soul?

What's missing? Interactions ofc.. Emphasised relationships with Nobles and Notables, Proper Diplomacy, Political Schemes, A.I. logic on Diplomacy (sometimes factions will declare war on you because they want your land, not needing any reason, yeah, but in this state of the game it just feels so artificial), Proper combat A.I. where it won't act like a "dumb bot". List goes on and on.

How long will it take? 2 years minimum.

+1
  12. Solomani

Desert Valley Battle - Mounted Archers fell to death

I've had this happen to me one time. Enemy apparently fell out of the map and somewhere in a cliff face... my guys were running up the cliff then pushing each other off as they tried to get to the dude.

It mostly happens to me on castle maps though. Then you watch your entire army try to cram itself into a small room to get at the guy whos somehow below the floor.
  13. Solomani

I don't get all the hate

They should try out Star Citizen early access!
  14. Solomani

Anyone else feel like the Tactics skill is a bit lame?

Most of the skills are fairly lackluster... I never really even notice the difference except for weapons just aiming and hitting better.

The other skills just seem unnoticeable.

Some Ideas for Tactics

• Your soldiers are better disciplined.. stay in formation better when you F4 them.. so the high athletic guys don't run out in front and get slaughtered
    • Shield walls offer a defensive bonus to soldiers next to each other
    • When in Shield Wall, and F4.. they advanced in tight formation.. maintaining the wall
    • Allow targeting... eg Calvary target archers
    • Bonuses to certain troop categories .. eg Bonus to Melee Footmen
    • Attack or Defensive Bonus... maybe someone with good tactics can actually beat an army twice or three times their size
    • Overall... full army formations ... eg Archers forward / Archers rear / Calvary Left .. etc.. full formations like in Total War
    It would just be cool if early on, your troops just seem uncoordinated. And as you gain tactics, you can see the discipline.
  15. Solomani

Endless War

What are some other settings that you (or anyone else familiar with this mod) would recommend? I like the configurable truce timer but the rest of the settings are somewhat confusing, especially the whole war exhaustion thing. What's the best way to keep it close to vanilla but simply enforce truce timers?

I've been playing around with the settings on Diplomacy Fixes mod... this is what I settled on that seems to work pretty good.

What these do is emphasize losing soldiers towards war exhaustion and de-emphasize fiefs. If Fiefs are emphasized, then they lose one Fief and go for peace, never trying to reclaim it.. OR even never giving you a chance to reclaim.

With these settings you can try to push for peace by winning several battles.. kind of simulating a war of attrition.

Things are more manageable and you get moments of peace. Though because it is all timer based, wars are predictable and not rational. But, hey... this is a temp fix.

Min Duration: 20 days
    War Cooldown: 90 days
    Per Casualty: 0.05
    Per Day: 0.5
    Per Raid: 2.0
    Per Seige: 4.0
  16. Solomani

100 looters in the wild spotted, anyone seen a bigger group?

You'd think out of that 100 there would be one loot item worth keeping or giving a companion... Nope.....

I'd hate to be the one guy in a band of 100 looters with the one piece of loot worth looting.
  17. Solomani

Your biggest outnumbered battle

On Realistic 200 some to 600. My troops were higher tier. I dismounted cavalry grouped with infantry and circled up. Once the enemy closed in.. F4 the archers and inner circle them. They pelted us with everything and tried to run cavalry through a few times. Eventually they charged with infantry, would be a lot of slaughter and they'd back-up and regroup. Then charge again. Still lost, but only because we lost morale and broke the circle. Was pretty even by the end.
  18. Solomani

Maybe try to make the game more of a challenge? recruit from your culture only.

This is how I play actually. My culture only and the culture of any Fief I own. Also... try playing with "no markers" above your soldiers heads.. no "kill feedback" etc... And if you want even more challenge... install Custom Banners and Uniforms Color Pack with KingdomColor. The only way you know who to attack is by looking at their shield banner.. and knowing your troops are your culture.
  19. Solomani

Siege and battle bugs

I've seen some sieges work pretty well, ladders..siege towers, and all. And I've seen others with completely strange results. On my siege of Omor, if I placed the siege tower on the left side, they would push it up to the wall and not use it at all. Then all run over to the right side and stand doing nothing at the ladders. If I put the siege tower on the right side, it would go flawless and they would rush the tower and take the wall.

In battles where I'm outnumbered, I've used the circle formation and it went really well and was quite exciting, a very thrilling battle. In other battles I've used circle formation and have been left baffled by the behavior as the troops can't seem to figure out how to form a circle and run all over the place..
  20. Solomani

Vassal system

Village improvements: Food Production and Delivery to stop the towns and castles from starving.
Back
Top Bottom