Search results for query: *

1. inox_ionizer

Primary sources of medieval times?

Hello, wise sages. I will study medieval history next semester, and taking a look at the cirriculum, I will probably want to add a bit, hopefully some primary sources, as these were not present at all in the cirriculum. Does anyone have suggestions? It is a study focused on Europe and the nearby...
  2. inox_ionizer

BT-7 tank on wheels

A few places (example) I have read that the BT-7 tank could be converted from a tracked vehicle to a wheeled one for long movement on roads. This sounds pretty interesting, but I can't find much details about it. Does anyone know how successful it was? I guess not very, since I have never heard...
  3. inox_ionizer

Heroes of Heroism: A Riveting Tale in Six Short Chapters

Terrible, horrible, or riveting? Heroes of Heroism: A Riveting Tale in Six Short Chapters Chapter I The moisture condensed on the ceiling, here and there forming into droplets large enough to fall down. In the dim, red light, I could see them landing heavily on Goker's concentrated face...
  4. inox_ionizer

Polybius and the fragmented Histories

I started reading a translation of Polybius' The Histories a while ago, and about halfway through the work, I noticed it's fragmented, only parts of it surviving the test of time. While the fragments I have read so far are still interesting, I have doubts about their usefulness in gaining a...
  5. inox_ionizer

Slings

I get the impression that slings fell out of military use before or in the middle ages, but if what I have read in a few places is right, I don't see why. Wikipedia states the advantages of range, effectiveness against armour, light weight, and ease of ammunition supply. So what was it's...
  6. inox_ionizer

[Suggestion]Longer spears

...or lances being available for infantry at the equipment selection. As it is now, horsemen can circle around a spearman and outrange him with a lance. The horse is also out of range, since the lancer can thrust perpendiculary to the horse's direction. If the spearman doesn't attack at some...
  7. inox_ionizer

[Suggestion]Long weapon penalty only when sheated

In .700, long weapons were given a penalty: I can't say I have noticed it, but I like the idea. However, I don't think it should count when the long weapon is carried in the hands.
  8. inox_ionizer

[Suggestion]Decrease weight of picks

Currently the fighting pick weighs 3,5 and the military pick weighs 4. I'm not sure which measurement unit is being used, or what picks like that would weigh, but it seems like a lot compared to other weapons of roughly the same size. - Military sickle: 1,5 - 1-handed cleavers: 1,5 -...
  9. inox_ionizer

[Suggestion]More helmets for Vaegirs

Compared to the other factions, the Vaegirs have very few helmets. One for infantry, one for archers, and I guess only one or two for cavalry. I suggest the nomad cap becomes available to all Vaegir classes, so infantry (and cavalry if they don't already have it) get a cheap helmet. The archers...
  10. inox_ionizer

The Bunny Hunters Guild (Bunnies Posted)

Anyone want to start one? We will swear a megaimportant oath to kill any in-game bunnies we see. However, it has to be a 1-shot kill, because we don't want the animals to suffer, do we? Also, the meat must be eaten and the fur utilized (members can give/trade the meat and fur away, but it is...
  11. inox_ionizer

[Suggestion]Two thrust alternatives for spears/pikes

I'm suggesting spears and pikes lose the ability to swing, and instead get a second thrust, which is higher than the current one. It is triggered and blocked in the same way as an overhead swing. The second thrust would also be usable when wielding a spear 1-handed. To balance out any advantages...
  12. inox_ionizer

No javelins/throwing spears for Nord veterans?

As the title suggests, I'm wondering why these weapons were removed from the Nord veterans. Were they too powerful? I don't think they are better than throwing axes. Of course, having the option would be an advantage, but taking away the basic throwing weapon from the class that excels at...
  13. inox_ionizer

Møtende bil

En møtende bil, det er heftige saker, den veier et tonn og ruller så det knaker. Pass opp! Ikke tull med møtende bil. Den er minst like dødelig som en pil. Ja, pass deg for bil som er møtende, hvis ikke må du betale bøtene.
Back
Top Bottom