Search results for query: *

1. Nicoseb

In Progress e1.8.0 Game crashes when I move around on the map (always the same distance)

Hey,

I can see the mods you have disabled, but that does not mean that the campaign is unmodded. Unfortunately, disabling mods is not enough to remove them from your save file, once they are installed it will be permenant for that campaign.
    Okay, so what? This is not a mod issue anyway. I just disabled them as a courtesy before sending the crash log because you asked other people to do that as well. This issue was happening even before I installed any mods.
  2. Nicoseb

In Progress e1.8.0 Game crashes when I move around on the map (always the same distance)

I have exactly the same issue. I load my game, travel a couple of seconds on the map (always same distance) and I crash. I hope this will get resolved, because I'm running quite an endgame save.

2022-07-01_19.39.53_e2405102563391bf9059107a26e31d59
  3. Nicoseb

Resolved Game crashes in loading screen when entering battle, village or siege

Thank you very much! I deleted the mod and kicked out the companions like you said except for scholar, and now my game works! Much appreciated.
  4. Nicoseb

Can you upload your save to Google Drive?

Yeah. Sent you link in a PM.
  5. Nicoseb

What version of the mod are you using?
    I updated the mod, but it didn't affect anything.
  6. Nicoseb

Does this also happen with a brand new campaign?

No, only with the old campaign. Should have specified that.
  7. Nicoseb

Summary: Game crashes on loading screen when trying to enter battle, siege or village. Entering a town street works fine, as well as arena. Entering castle grounds also seems to work. How to Reproduce: Trying to enter battle, siege or village. Have you used cheats and if so which: Scene Name (if...
  8. Nicoseb

Siege Battles and Siege AI

I don't bother with siege towers anymore. I place a legion of Fian Champions in front and let them shoot everyone in sight until they no longer bring reinforcements on the walls. Sometimes this causes such a huge morale drop that they just flee into the castle outright.

After the walls are no longer manned, just get the ladders up and assault the remaining enemy. Meanwhile, sneakily open the main gate so your forces can walk right in.
  9. Nicoseb

Khuzait still snowballs

I dont care if they break them temporarily. Make them completely useless for a few months while they figure out WAYS to balance them. This is affecting the game right now, like god damnit every campain is the same, is this a sandbox or a Khuzait bullying other people simulation ?

I get that you're angry, but I don't know what you're trying to accomplish with this thread besides venting out your frustrations. TW are aware of the Khuzait snowballing and are working to fix it, so it's not an obscure issue. Yelling more about it is not going to make them work faster. They have countless other issues to deal with like siege towers not working etc.

I also don't like how long it takes for them to fix it, but like @Dabos37 said, it's not an easy fix.
  10. Nicoseb

Status of the Heir System?

Your playthrough sounds really interesting! Thank you for sharing; question though. Does the perk in the Smithing tree where your able to proc a legendary crafting item work at your level?

You're welcome. I think it works, yes. I'm unsure which items can be considered as "legendary" but after getting the legendary perk, I was able to craft weapons with +10 stats, which is pretty good. 12 is my record. I taught my daughter (RIP) everything I knew about smithing and gave her 10 Endurance from the get-to, and she was able to craft better weapons and much more frequently. Your mileage may vary though, it's still heavily based on RNG.

Also, once you can craft those 100k polearms, it's super easy to powerlevel your children in smithing. After crafting first of those polearms, my daughter's skill raised by 80 with single craft. Companions can be powerleveled too, but since you can't distribute their points in Endurance, they will hit their skill cap fast.

No, he is probably using the mod called Swadian armory.

You're correct and I highly recommend it. All of the armor pieces are really beautifully detailed and fit the game perfectly. I only use cosmetic item mods because I don't want my saves to get corrupted by a new patch.

For Scouting, if you have a Scout assigned, all the Scouting XP goes to them. As for Tactics, 2 attribute and 0 focus points = 10 soft cap. Combined with leveling up your character, your Tactics can stay pretty low if you just solo the entire game. I've never seen only 18 but I've never run with only 2 attribute points in that skill.

Yep you're exactly right. Combined with the fact that I have 2 CNG and no focus points, the skills can only go so far. What you're seeing here is hundreds of hours of playtime and the skills only got to 18. You don't need to level up Scouting anyway, because you can just get a companion with high scouting, set them up as the clan scout and you're good to go. At least, that was my approach. I had other things to use my points on.
  11. Nicoseb

Not quite sure the exact number, but you start getting a chance (very small) to get death sickness somewhere in the late 50's. One of my MC's died in her 60's, so Nicob got pretty lucky making it to 83.

I got really lucky yeah. Like I mentioned before, Unqid also made it to 81. He was the last remaining of the original monarchs in my campaign and I actually felt sad seeing him go. I wanted to go see him before he passed, but I was on military campaign and I never made it there in time. :sad:

Also, important note... this was all before the latest patch. In 1.5.5 I noticed people started dying off dramatically. That is when I lost one of my sons during a siege and my daughter in childbirth. Also, 3 of my companions died during combat, so... I guess my advice is, gear your companions well and especially your children. Preferably keep them away from combat as much as possible by placing them in Ranged formation for example.

You should post your character skill screen!

@AnandaShanti Ask and you shall receive!

And yeah, I did a lot of smithing. I had no idea how much exp and money you can actually make with it, and at first I didn't understand what was happening. Turns out I really needed it though, because it cost me a fortune to convert some of the enemy lords in barter. I crafted hundreds of 100k polearms.

uatIG71.jpg
  12. Nicoseb

interesting, so if the old family extinct, will a brand new random system generated family suddenly pop up and replace them??
    I wonder how the system will keep this balance, does it count how many clans in each culture, and how many total should be
    if below some number, generate some new family to balance it out

After the royal family is dead, it seems to pick the next family more or less randomly. There doesn't seem to be a succession as such, since a Battanian (with no ties to the nobles) managed to become the ruler of Vlandia. It might be tied to the fiefs they own or some other invisible factor. However, there are still a few Vlandian nobles alive who were at least friends with Derthert's son (who was crowned after him obviously), but none of them were ever even considered as the new ruler. It's odd, but in my opinion it makes the game more interesting because you don't know what will happen next.

@Nicoseb you get a popup to choose who you want to become after your MC dies (nothing to do beforehand to prepare except perhaps drop off all your stuff in your fief stash so the next character can get it), sounds like you would get to play your mentally handicapped son :party: . Supposedly in 1.5.7 we are getting education so in your next playthrough your son can go to school for his handicap and be a little bit more useful once he takes over :lol:

No that isn't what happens, they just die out if there isnt an 18 year old to take over.

Amazing information, thanks a lot :grin: I had my game on hold until I could get some concrete info. How long does it take to die to the illness?
  13. Nicoseb

I could rush the game and conquer everything fast if I wanted, but why? I take my time with games because I'm not in a rush. You'd be surprised how interesting the campaign gets if you spend a lot of time in it. Even Unqid survived to age 81, and it's fun to see how clans and kingdoms change over time, who lives and dies etc.

For example, right now Vlandia is ruled by a Battanian warlord who I bribed to defect, and somehow he manipulated all the noble families of Vlandia to crown him as king, after the Queen died. In total, the Vlandian ruler has changed over 5 times in my playthrough and all of the original royal bloodlines are extinct. It's not even recognizable as how it was in the beginning. Derthert and Rhagaea were already dead when my campaign started.

As far I know, heir system is already implemented in the game but it is simply not existent for 90% of the players or more. I have never seen MC dying and having to play as my son, because late game is all about endless wars and I usually get bored and start a new campaign.

And yes, your heir should be 18 years old or older.

Thank you for the reply! :smile:
  14. Nicoseb

It's getting there, I'm just really slow with the game and spent an insane amount of time in crafting and such. The current day of my campaign is 4449 and my character is level 37.
  15. Nicoseb

I've played this game since launch, but this is the first time I've gotten to the point where my character is about to die at the fine age of 83. Note from my doctor said that I have an illness and won't last much longer, so the game prompted me to set-up the heir before my demise. I can't...
  16. Nicoseb

New glitch in 1.3. Can't access companion inventory

When entering the inventory screen after newest patch, I can't access a specific companion. The inventory screen acts like he doesn't exist, even though he's been in my party the whole game. I also noticed in the Clan tab that I can't make a party with him because he's "busy with an issue"...
  17. Nicoseb

Romance, how does it even work?

yep. sorry to say. at least death isn't a thing yet.
    BUT, you can install a mod to change your age and you should be good.

Thanks a lot beanywalrus, you're a legend. I'll definitely use the mod, because I think this is a massive oversight by the devs. Does the characters age normally after using the mod?
  18. Nicoseb

Cant get married past 40 as a man, 35 as a woman.

Wait, what the ****? There's an age limit? So my campaign is screwed now no matter what?
  19. Nicoseb

I've been playing for a while now, got my clan level to 5 and started wondering, how can I romance someone? I've been approaching single lord women, but I can't get the dialogue? I have no idea what's going on. I noticed my character is almost 50 already and I don't want him to die and have...
  20. Nicoseb

Bannerlord is a good game, but...

God I hate these posts. Almost none of this is constructive outside of the lack of notifications.

Don’t like graphics? The same graphics we’ve been seeing for years now with gameplay vids and dev blogs? Okay, well I’m not sure what you were looking at beforehand that gave you the impression graphics would look different than they currently do. I mean they literally showed us goofy looking Albert Einstein, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Vin Diesel, and Professor Snape characters at Gamescom.

It’s hard to craft a masterwork item? Yeah it should be. Unless your character has years of smithing under his/her belt you should be crafting average weapons. I arm all my companions and myself with weapons I craft and they are all viable choices if I don’t want to spend +15k denar on a better weapon from a trader. Why should you just be a masterwork blacksmith out of nowhere?

Dialogue with bandits and looters is useless? It offers the chance for the player to bribe his/her way out of combat or get the bandits to join his/her party instead of fighting.

If you hate these kind of posts, then why even reply? I don't get the negative vibe you're giving, I had a good sentiment behind the post. It's okay to discuss problems that the game has, because we want it to be better. I'm not here to hate on it. Furthermore, you might say most of what I said is irrelevant, but I wholeheartedly disagree.

When you talked about masterwork items, I never said it should be easy to craft them. I said that it's difficult to craft something that's very useful even in early game. It makes the whole Smithing thing useless until way later. It needs balancing and tweaking. Nobody said you should get Masterwork items out of nowhere.

Dialogue with Looters in particular was useless (until the very last patch) because there was no other point in the dialogue window, except engage them in combat. Therefore, it should've been skippable.

The only thing relevant or worthy of being posted as a suggestion is the lack of notifications of major events in game. The rest of this doesn’t even make sense.

If it doesn't make sense to you, then maybe you should read it again, since you clearly didn't understand most of the points I made anyway and just wanted to argue for no reason.
Back
Top Bottom