Search results for query: *

1. Not Receiving Many Notifications of War or Peace Declared!?

The best is when your the king and sieging an enemy castle and all of a sudden peace is declared. Like who da fuq signed off on this. They should be put on trial for treason. It seems like my vassals decide who we are and arent at war with. Wheres their negative 100 relation with me for raiding a neutral village and starting another war
  2. There is NO successful siege defense

In a recent siege, routed defenders tried to get up to higher level.

If storming a castle you'd have to do 2-3 (depending on castle level) succesful storms, it'd make for great opportunity to inflict heavy casualties, as well as have some sort of plan to enact other than headshotting top tier enemies while your lemming-like troops keep jumping/being pushed off the walls.

I've managed to offload my treasure and prisoners to different castle, and with select 120 troops inflicted 300+ dead on enemy army, which was quickly defeated. My castle fell, but I'd say that was still very effective defence. And if I could retreat my troops in orderly fashion to upper castle for stage 2, I'm pretty sure I'd hold if AI wasn't acting like Wallstreet gamblers after a market dip.
    This. Not sure why they removed multiple tier siege defence from warband. They added siege equipment which is basically useless. The AI is aweful at holding walls and when i give commands they break even worse. My only outnumbered defense that worked i had to pull them all up to the castle and fight whole group on troops that trickled in and even that i had to do 10x and they still wanted to run up to the walls and get slaughtered.
  3. There is NO successful siege defense

Its not historically inaccurate for an army to break though a siege to help on the defensive side. It should be a specific battle map where you need to get to the castle gate. On your side of the battle the defending archers join on the walls. The sieging party will engage but once you get within safety of the castles defenses it will go back to normal siege with you in the city. It will eliminate so many troops loses where more likely than not better troops will survive. It could even cap how many troops your able to do it with. You can only bring 50 troops and the rest go to your nearest fiefs garrison( which would need to be fixed)
  4. Title is useless

The food system in general isnt bad. I like it better than WB the issue is how it works in citys. I can think of three solutions that i would be happy with.
    1. Rather than feed garrisoned troops pay them a double/even triple wage and let them feed themselves
    2. Increase city food store by an excessive amount. 160 is way to low 1000 should be base food stores for a city potentially even higher so that 1 siege doesnt waste all its food. Only after multiple sieges in a short period of time should food stores get drained
    3. Rework caravan food situation. When castle is below 100 food = food stops being available at the market so caravans and neutral armys cant starve the city. Also put a flag so caravans know a castle was sieged and rush to make profits bringing food to starving cities
  5. What is the condition for t4/t5 prisoner units to join your army?

I have kept a few imperial elite cataphracts, legionaries and fians as prisoners for a few months in game but I have never got the option to recruit them. I do get the option for t3 units occasionally though.
    What exactly is the condition for hiring higher tier units from prisoners?
    It should be reworked so that prisoners that are from your culture have an increased chance to join or can only recruit elite members of same culture.
  6. Troops Gain to little XP and it contradicts the game loop of player progression

Yall happy with the new nerfs that now have looters kill your troops and even less xp.
  7. Which factions has the best type of units?

Empire definitely has the best all around. Legionaires and palatine archers I would onsider just under the best. Triariis are legionaires with thrown weapons i think they are best infantry but hard to get. Imperials heavy cav and horse archer are also really good. The only thing they fall short on is polearm infantry. Vlandia definitely has the best polearm department. While Aseri have best basic anticavalry infantry.
  8. Bad Siege AI: Defending Troops Jumping Off Walls and Climbing Down Ladders to Fight Enemy

In my city I have 300 troops to defend from an enemy army with around 600 troops. I was pretty confident that I could defend my city but about 5 minutes into the battle the tides started to turn and I noticed that my troops were dieing at a faster rate than the attacking troops. I quickly discovered why when I went to the enemy siege ladders and noticed that my troops were climbing down the ladders to take the fight to the enemy! Some of the troops were so eager they were falling off the walls into the mass of enemy troops below. I can order my troops to retreat and take positions on the wall but as soon as I finish giving my orders they immediately resume their aggressive pursuit down the ladders.

I notice this isn't just an issue with ladders but with siege towers as well. My defending troops will jump up onto the ramp of the siege tower and fight out in the open where they are easy targets for enemy archers. I didn't notice if they were climbing down the siege towers as well but that would be consistent with my other observations.

Obviously this is an aspect of the game that needs to be improved but in the meantime is there any way I can keep my defenders inside the protection of the city walls?
    The orders is sieges are really buggy in general. I completely gave up issueing any orders cause they always just do what they want which is to stare at the front gate and wait for the attacking army to kill them while barely defending themselves. Even better is when your attacking they choose to only climb up one of the 3 latters on the siege tower so they 30 guys at the top can gangbang each one of the 100 soldiers at the bottom.
  9. [e1.1.0] Leadership skill gain for recruiting does not scale well as skill increases

You have to avoid leadership til mid to late game. When you can lead armys it levels relatively fast.
  10. No Truces?

I recently made peace with the Khuzait Empire in my singleplayer campaign. Unfortunately, it was rather costly and they demanded all of my money and most of my inventory. But it was worth it because I should have been able to keep my settlements( I have my own faction). However, the next day the Khuzaits declared war on me again. So now I have lost all my money, my entire inventory, and two of my settlements to the Khuzaits. I would imagine that this was not the intended design. Could you maybe consider adding some sort of a truce function into the game, where empires are bound by truce not to attack each other?
    They since fixed it but i paid someone all my money to break their siege on my only castle. Immediately resiege my castle thanks for the money chump.
  11. Horse archers are the worst.

As with All horses circle formation . Also heavy calvary HARD counters horse archers 10 elite cavalry can easily kill 20-30 horse archers by themselves with low casualties like 2 wounded low. Also high tier archers seem to counter them well.
  12. No Athletics gain from moving around on the map

I only ever get this skill increased in battles. Which is actually game breaking if you lose your horse and can't afford a new one because literally everyone will catch you at that point since running forever does nothing outside of battles.
    You can always afford a new horse they are they get as cheap as 60 gold if you buy them from a midlands village
  13. Bartering leveling exploit, 1 denar for 1 denar

considering money is so easy to come by i always just give people 10k it can go up 2 or 3 points
  14. In Progress Perks not working

Agreed i have several perks not working. Nourish settlement, One step ahead, Spare arrows, Squires. There are also several perks that are basically useless even if they are working for instance most governor perks. The clan roles system is also messed up. My quartermaster bonus is now permanent which is cool but the need to have those roles to level things is kind of dumb. Also 1 attribute point per 4 levels is way to low. I currently have 5 different skills hard capped so they no longer level one of them being 2 handed at 25 points and im level 21. I didnt put any focus into it but the skill i did put 5 focus points into and a couple of my attribute poinys into steward is also hard capped.
  15. XP learning multiplier should stop at 0.1 but never zero.

I would suggest that the XP learning multiplier never becomes 0 (zero), but it should stop at 0.1 instead. That way you can progress beyond the cap, although extremely slowly.

What do you guys think?
    The hard cap is so dumb and broken. It wouldnt be bad if you got more attribute points but my character is level 20 and none of my attributes are over 5 and one is still at 3. Its like the game wants you to specialize but in order to level you need to spread points around. I my stewart skill with full focus points has hit a hard cap and no longer levels. Im at like 6 skills right now that no longer lvl
  16. Issue with cities' food supply/consumption

Am i missing something?

I see people over-analyzing this issue.
    This is a game breaking problem but at the same time I feel like this is the simplest problem to solve.
    Just increase the food capacity or remove it completely.

Why has this gone unaddressed for so long is beyond me. Its as simple as changing a single number in the game code. And if you thing about it is completely illogical for a town to have the same food capacity throughout is life, without putting its growth and prosperity into consideration.

Currently the food cap is 160, which is completely ridiculous if you consider that towns with a prosperity of 8000+ need 160+ a day. Why would a prosperous town throw away its extra food when its barely enough to feed them for a day.
    As a result all you need is one bad day or one caravan to buy the food for your town to get into a downward spiral.
    This right here. The capacity for a city should go up to 1000 plus. Most cities and castles were able to withstand seiges lasting 100 plus days. Also prosperity shouldnt tank your food production the way it does. If anything add more weight to the garrison. Every bit of food shouldnt go to market as well because roaming armys will buy all the food i do it every other neutral city i walk by.
  17. Why do my Noble prisoners keep escaping so easily ?

Do you really mean ransomed as in you getting a monetary compensation for it or just plainly escaping or otherwise not being in your prisoners list anymore (and you not getting any message about it in the log - which was my case)?
    The only notification you reciece is a barter accepted even though you never do a barter. If you put lords into a dungeon i believe it stops them from escaping or ransoming themselves out of your party
  18. Am I the only one facing these issues?

I thought they fixed it at some point.
    They could have and when they updated it again it went back.
  19. Am I the only one facing these issues?

So I am on the BETA branch. I have my Watchmen always apoearing as babies and Cavarly (group 3) are being called Infantry again
    My cavalry has always been called footmen lol
Back
Top Bottom