Search results for query: *

1. xwhitemousex

Music buffs efficiency

Well, firing 4 shots in the time it take to normally fire 3 would mean a 33% efficiency @ 100% (normal) bonus effect.

So how can you tell what the server is set to? Or you just have to ask/know the admins?

33% seems good to me, since you lose one gun on the lineup by having someone walk around as a musician.

I'm not overly fond that all the effects can be modified by servers though. Then it's random guess how effective picking musician will be whenever you try a new server. This game has alot of mod stuff, but sometimes the modding thing makes things way too customized for my flavour.

Music buffs should be a fixed value.
  2. xwhitemousex

Music buffs efficiency

How effective are the buffs in the game? E.g. drummer/fifer... how much faster do you reload near one of them? Is it 5%, 10%, 25% ??? Reason I ask is because I can't be arsed playing a musician if I only buff 3 guys with 5%... there is ALOT more to be gained from simply having a 4th musketman...
  3. xwhitemousex

Is this game even worth 15$?

The firearms have poor visuals, bad smoke effects, laughable sound effects, and they are exactly like crossbows, except reskinned to look like rifles. The courting is gone, the tournaments are gone, the crossbows are gone (go figure why, see above), the grenades have ridiculous visual effects...
  4. xwhitemousex

Who is your favourite woman in armor?

Ambalon said:
    This thread of yours should be in the Fun Stuff and you should be inside a fire.

Sorry, but the only things that should be inside a fire is trolls and forum commando's.
  5. xwhitemousex

what do you use infantry for? / overview of troop values?

Wouldn't it be nice if you could order infantry to form a box around your archers, or yourself... to form a semicircle around a hill... to stand in double line formation rather than single....

Formation commands like in Medieval Total war is what I am missing. Being able to give your soldiers more specific formation orders.

In general, I think two things need to be refined. First off, in your party window all the units are just all piled together, and you assign them to different groups, such as Infantry, Cavalry or custom groups.

Why not make the interface easier, by simply making a window for each of the different groups you create, then click-drag the units into those groups, as well as a number showing total of units assigned to each group. That way you can easily create two or three infantry groups that you can at least create some formations with like double line, triangle and so on. It's really bothersome with the current party window to know how many cavalry do you actually have? How many archers do you have left? How many infantry?

You need to click into each of the groups, which can be mercenary cavalry, swadian recruits, camp followers, nord hunters and all sorts of different types of units, then count them manually to figure out if you need more of one type of troops, or if you have sufficient.

Secondly... the UI for the map in battles could be improved alot. Show the actual terrain. Placing archers at the bottom of a hill, the infantry halfway up it while the enemy attacks from above is really not a good way to go, but you can't tell from the map so you have to ride or run over there to survey the spots first. And the battle map could have options to give your troops more formations and options than just "run up and kill stuff" or "stay put in a single line". This would be even more useful in sieges if you could tell different groups of archers to assume positions at different spots within the castles. You might not want them all up by the walls, but rather keep some on the walls further in to rain down arrows on enemy if they breach the walls. With the current map it's impossible to hit right spots and they either try to run outside, or go stand below the walls.

In fact, I've found that giving orders at all to troops during a siege-defense will mess them up totally.

Furthermore, mounted troops, when horse is slain, should default to another group. As it is now, if a cavalry loses his horse, he will still try to run after the rest of your cavalry when you either lead them or send them around the map. Why doesn't he automatically change group to infantry and join their line when the horse is slain?

Room for quite alot of improvements in those areas, great as the game might be.
  6. xwhitemousex

M&B as an MMO, could it happen?

I'm quite a fan of MMO's, mainly the fantasy/medieval ones such as EverQuest series, Guild Wars, Age of Conan and others. I always disliked the whole "press autoattack and faceroll different abilities" type of gameplay though. Mount and Blade has exactly the fighting mechanics I would love to...
  7. xwhitemousex

what do you use infantry for? / overview of troop values?

If we look historically... wasn't a knight a more efficient soldier than regular infantry, wether they were on horseback or on foot? They had better armor (for the most part) and better equipment and training in general than the average infantry.

Infantry relied alot more on numbers than pure efficiency per soldier. They were less expensive to equip and got less training than knights. A knight was a hefty investment and an asset.

But ingame, what good are 100 infantry vs 100 knights... not much, they get mowed down. And shouldn't they?

I generally use my infantry as archer protection (playing Nords myself). I stack my line of various Nords infront of the archers, and I order them to Stand Closer to tighten them up as much as I can. Whenever enemy cavalry charges into that line, the horse is stopped (even heavy charges) and they get hacked to death very quickly.

But that's the Nords, and I know Nord infantry is quite vicious.

I never tried the others to be honest.

Before playing Nords, I used to play Khergites, and well... infantry is non-existant there. Only time they don't have a horse is when they are freshly recruited (seems like there is some kinda 50-50 chance they get a horse as recruits).

Might give a game of Rhodoks a try. Seems a combination of Rhodok spear infantry and Marksman crossbows might be decent.

But to stay on topic... my infantry is a wall of meat to defend the archers. The killing is done by archers and myself leading heros and cavalry around the flanks of the enemy, picking off stragglers and archers in the rear.
  8. xwhitemousex

Career

Mixedpotatoes said:
    Electrician! You just need to go electrician school or whatever it's called. In norway it's called that. You get to put **** up and you have a good environment around you with laidback guys who drink coffee.

Sources: My brother, i dont really know anything about being electrician.

I'm an electrician in Norway. The pay is decent, but you can have some very hectic workdays, depending on your company, where you work, how many other electrical companies are competing in the same area and so on. There is a difference between being a regular house/building electrician and an industry electrician though.

You want decent money, get yourself into the oil industry and/or offshore work. Work 2 weeks straight, then get 4 weeks off. Doesn't get better than that.

I started out digging cable trenches with a shovel as an apprentice in the power company, then started working in a company building platforms and modules for platforms as a high voltage electrician. Now I'm doing inspection and quality control for electrical, instrumentation and telecommunication systems that are being built for the modules/platforms. It's nice work, get to lead other people (read: delegate the work you hate doing yourself) and it gives me a nice option to split my time at work between being at the office and being out in the field.

One thing that is for certain though, this world is just going to need more and more electricians. One area that they really need more people in (at least in Norway) is automation. Basically it's a branch of the electrician education where you learn how to build, troubleshoot and service automated systems such as robots, the oil process (how sensors, transmitters, gauges and valves all work together automatically to control temperatures, pressure, flow rates, level of fluids and such within storage tanks and so on).

Not sure what options you (the OP) have, or where you live. What type of work you can get is very often dependant on where you live, not to mention your own motivation to either relocate or commute.

As a tip though, aiming for larger companies is always a good way to go since they very often have the most opportunities to climb the career ladder. In a company with only 15 employee's you'll have a hard time working yourself up from being just the new guy. In a company with 500, 1000 or more employee's it's alot easier to find vacant positions further up that you can aim for.

Granted, if you want decent pay you need to be able to take responsibility, and quite often be able to either lead or instruct other people. Alot of people prefer not to have extra responsibility, and well... if you want to be a sheep, there's nothing easier than just doing nothing and chew on whatever grass others decide to throw your way.
  9. xwhitemousex

Woman Who Has Two Vaginas

I'm curious, how are the two vagina's located in relation to eachother?

I mean... they could be side by side, sorta like horisontal...

( I I )

Then it would kinda suck since you might jam your peehole against the skin between them, and sorta papercut your own peehole :sad:

Or they could be vertically, one above the other...

( I )
    ( I )

And then the rosebud of course, so it's more like...

( I )
    ( I )
    ( * )

We must have an answer to this!
  10. xwhitemousex

Who is your favourite woman in armor?

You don't see them often, but do you have a favourite? Mine has to be Zita in the Underworld movies (the Underworld armor is just absolutely amazing). Helmet And without helmet
  11. xwhitemousex

Are hero lancers any good?

Nemesis7884 said:
    mine never charge with their lances...they just ran to the enemy and try thrusting...even if their in the middle of enemies they dont switch the weapons grrrrr

Did you try setting lances as the first weapon in their equipment tab?

I have it set with.

1) Lance
    2) Shield
    3) 1H
    4) Empty (optionally extra shield or throwing)

Mine usually draw swords if they are engaged in close quarters. Mostly I only equip them with Lance or Heavy Lance, which is useless up close. If you have them equipped with spears or light lances they might not change since those can be used up close, even if they aren't optimal for it.
  12. xwhitemousex

nord archers aint that bad...

Well, you know what a Nord arrow is? ... a throwing axe, right?

I just love how all the Nords have powerful thrown weapons to use. Most people aren't managing their infantry though and let their Nord infantry waste their thrown weapons at enemies that are still far away. Try setting infantry orders to Hold your fire... then Fire at will when the enemy is really close. They absolutely annihilate approaching enemies, especially weaker enemy troops that get literally oneshotted by axes and javelins.

I never used Nord archers much, and generally my archer host is composed of various troops. As a general rule of thumb I upgrade Nord troops into infantry, and split any non-Nord units into archers and cavalry. Cavalry usually is composed of myself, my heroes, Sword Sisters (those sisters are amazing, and they start out as peasants!!!) and various mercenary cavalry and such.

Guess I should focus more on training Nord archers for the future then :smile:
  13. xwhitemousex

Getting married, benefits, differences between ladies?

I just got married to Lady Miar after having courted pretty much every Lady I came across in the game... and dang those women can nag alot about comming to see them. I think I had to ride to some castle or city four times each game week just to keep up! Note to self, next time go for 1 Lady and...
  14. xwhitemousex

Are hero lancers any good?

The way I do it is to set my infantry in front of archers for protection, then I ride my cavalry around the flanks.

When I attack I just use the Follow Me order first.

When I get to the enemy archers that usually hang behind the main host of enemy troops, I ride through then I spam either the Follow Me order, or the Hold this Position order.

That makes them push on through to me rather than stop and hack at the enemy troops.

They usually hack or stab at the enemies as they ride through them, if there are any enemies near them as they ride through, but they don't actually ride directly towards an enemy near their path to attack them if you use the Follow/Hold command. They just take swings at whatever is right ahead of them. This makes them a bit less effective than they could be in a charge.

Optionally you can use the Charge command then spam your Follow/Hold key after you rode through the enemy line, but you risk that some of your cavalry will then charge into the thick of infantry and get themselves beaten off the horse. Especially uncool when your hero's charge right into a host of Rhodok or Nord infantry. They'll get annihilated so fast it's not even funny.
  15. xwhitemousex

Marrying a king's daughter

daisyj201 said:
    What's strange is that they say they have children, but sometimes if the game has been going for awhile, you talk to a bard and they'll say something like, "King Ragnar has tired of pursuing Lady Miar." Odd, no?

That's because I'm married to Lady Miar, so nyah!
  16. xwhitemousex

2H axes, what is their drawback, if any?

KillerMongoose said:
    no more one hits with great long axes when they're not even a foot away from you.

Yeah, I was watching that infantry primer video on youtube, and the 2H's weren't damaging him when he was right up close to them.

But in my experience, the 2H's will annihilate you even if you are right up in their face. They swing and you get oneshot to death, even with maxed out armor. Dunno how many times I died on the duel server from 2H spammers who swing at me from french kiss range.

Trying to work on countering the 2H's but it's just so simple it's annoying.

Best 2H trick... get right up in their face and swing left and right... that way they can't see half your body as it's offscreen, and they have to guess where to block while you are cutting their legs off. And no "just kick" doesn't work. Really, kick has like.... 2 inch range... whats up with that? Even if you are right up in their face, you still need to press the forward key for the kick to hit something. Not to mention you can sidestep it so easily.

There is a solution for 2H swing+twist your char idiocy. When you kick, your char remains stationary to do the kick animation. You can't twist around and make the kick hit them. Same thing should apply for swinging 2H'ers. Once you release, you can't twist around until animation is done, exactly like the kicks. That alone would make fights alot more interesting and alot less "death by random spamming".
  17. xwhitemousex

extremely ridiculous things about multiplayer

Well, if shields didn't shield you, then sieges would be impossible for attackers.

Granted, alot of times I feel the arrows teleport themselves past my shield and into my face. So I guess the grass is always greener, right?
  18. xwhitemousex

Beating the veteran tutorial guy in sparring...

Well, I tried a duel server, and guess what... 9 out of 10 players were using 2H's.

I also blocked a 2H twice, but I was still stunned on second hit? Using a 1H Arming sword. Obvious end result was him doing a sideways noobswipe and killing me since I tried to strike right after blocking 2nd hit, but then was stunned so GG I guess.

Quite frankly it was really boring to just fight 2H spammers. Most just swing at your legs with left, right, left combo. I had some fun fights with 1H vs 1H and 1H+shield vs 1H+shield. Those were pretty even and lasted for awhile. Lots of parry and stuff. With the 2H's though, it's just swing swing swing until I miss a block and then you get instakilled in 1 hit, even with max armor on.

Pretty anticlimatic.

I'll probably try it some more, but still seems like the 2H's have a huge advantage, especially when they oneshot you in most cases. Huge damage, long range, breaks shields fast and stun you.

So far I find the best noobtrick with the 2H is get right into your opponents face so they can't really see where you are swinging since half your body is off their screen, then just flail your sword at their legs. After all, if they can't see where you swing, they have a 25% chance to do the right parry, which means you will annihilate them 3 out of 4 times. Kinda silly, but oh well.
  19. xwhitemousex

2H axes, what is their drawback, if any?

I'm sure if this game had running statistics like Bad Company 2 the amount of kills done by 2H would vastly outdo any other weapon category in the game, wether it's bows, xbows, 1H's, lances et.c.

I'm trying to improve my playing by practicing blocks and whatnot, but it's really discouraging when you see how simple it is to just load up with a heavy bardiche and run naked, then slaughter most people around you... diminishes the whole fun of learning proper 1v1 fighting. Sorta gets like... whats the point of being good when you most likely get murdered by a random spammer in the middle of a full melee.

Anyways... it's obvious I suppose that Taleworlds aren't going to do anything about it, and the servers won't change, so it's just suck it up or just don't play MP.
  20. xwhitemousex

extremely ridiculous things about multiplayer

I dunno, the 2H's seem to be pretty fast, even if they are supposed to be slow.

That combined with the whole swing+twist your character around means they are hitting people they weren't even facing in the first place. Would reduce the 2H spamming, and probably TK'ing too, if they removed the ability to spin around when doing the swing. If you swing a heavy 2H axe at full force, then spin yourself around to follow the momentum, you'd be falling flat on your back, or at the very least leave yourself extremely exposed. In this game though, it's just a recipe for killfarming.

Back
Top Bottom