Search results for query: *

1. ThirdH0rseman

Can battle deployment be updated?

BTW once there was a mod to reintroduce the partyscreen deployment, seemingly recently updated: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/4398
    Partyscreen Formation Assignments for 1.0.0 has been working great for me. You can put your troops into formations in the party screen like before, and then they will be in the formations in the OoB screen. Only issue right now is that banners cause crashes for some reason, so make sure you don't have any banners equipped. Since they are useless anyway I don't really miss them....
  2. ThirdH0rseman

Message log

91EC79336C4484042DEC082DE985853944A5B461

2CBE7383A30A77BCD5F4F7A80F29F1225C97D453
  3. ThirdH0rseman

Message log

Can this even happen?
    I had a notification that Rhagaea was impressed by me and would be excited to have me join her kingdom....

Or something like that. I closed the notification and because there is no log or journal system I can't go back and see what it actually said...
  4. ThirdH0rseman

Message log

I've done tons of searches and I can't find any information on this, which is surprising because I'd think this is a common request... Is there any log of messages and events that happen in the game? I know you can press Enter to see a longer list of the constant scrolling garbage in the...
  5. ThirdH0rseman

Running down enemies on world map

A 100-party shouldn't be able to chase down at 15-party; otherwise, it works for the AI too if you're rebuilding/etc...you'll stay a prisoner forever.
    Through the deep woods, sure I'll agree. Over rough terrain like mountains or rivers? Again, sure. But over open terrain there should be no reason that a group of 100 soldiers on mounts...even with a baggage train...shouldn't be able to run down a group of 15 soldiers on foot. Especially over an extended chase of several days. No soldier can keep moving at that speed without rest or sleep, no matter how elite they are. You can push horses much further than you can humans. So adding a fatigue modifier makes sense.

You'd still be able to have an escape mechanic. Wait for the large party to be near a forest to make a break for it. Or take that rough trip over the mountain pass. It should be easy enough to 1) adjust the terrain modifier to impact different parties differently and 2) keep track of how long parties have been moving and simulate fatigue on both mounts and soldiers.
  6. ThirdH0rseman

There is a baseline (invisible) speed debuff applied to larger parties.
    Supposedly party speed is inversely proportional to party size. I've yet to be able to calculate the actual ratio though. According to this post a party size of 100 has a base party speed of 4.25 so you should be able to use that to calculate what the base party speed is for any party size, but none of my calculations work out. It's probably not a straight ratio...I'd love to see what they do to calculate it.
  7. ThirdH0rseman

The Party AI Overhaul and Commands Rebuild mod has been working okay for me. The advanced commands it lets you give your AI party is %1000 better than what's in the game. I detached my companion and gave him all my cavalry and told him to attack that group. He sprints forward and pins them down while I drag my ass over there and finish the job.

Only problem is that by the time I get there he's lost nearly half the troops I gave him, because the AI battles are horrible. 30 horse archers against 14 men on foot should be an easy fight...but I guess this is better than nothing. Modders are the best!

I'd still like to see some kind of fatigue modifier. Party speed should begin to slow down after a certain number of days on the road without stopping to rest. Makes traversing the map a little more strategic.
  8. ThirdH0rseman

SP - General Customize troop formations

There is a mod that combines both the old formation system with the new OOB method. There is current work being done to bring it into 1.0.1 but it still is a little buggy. Hopefully someone makes some progress on it soon:

Partyscreen Formation Assignments for 1.0.0
  9. ThirdH0rseman

No, you can't give your extra horses to your clan parties, unfortunately. I'm not even sure if AI parties need to use horses the way the player does, or even if they have a normal inventory that you could put things into.
    That just seems silly. I mean they need to maintain food supplies right? And when they defeat bandit groups they should get loot which they should then be able to sell for income...or at least give it all to me so I can deal with it. Seems like another major oversight.
  10. ThirdH0rseman

Have you tried sending off a companion with a small cavalry party? Even a handful of soldiers will usually try to attack since you are nearby, and they should be able to buy you enough time to join the battle.
    I did and even set them to Aggressive and they headed in the opposite direction.

I am actually going to try this mod: Party AI Overhaul and Commands Rebuild

"After you order a Clan party to follow you, hold down Left Alt and then Left Click on an enemy to order that Clan party to chase and engage that enemy. Useful to create a small and fast cavalry vanguard party to engage and hold the target so you can catch up with the slower main army. "

Thanks to all that is good and pure in the Universe for modders. Only people who make this game playable...
  11. ThirdH0rseman

You need that scouting perk that gives you a whopping 2% speed increase when chasing hostile parties.

But seriously, don't bother chasing faster parties in open areas. You might have a chance to box them in some of the tighter mountain pass areas but on open ground you'll never catch them.

One possible option is to make a new clan party and send it off with half your troops, but then you've got your horses to consider and that might make you even slower with the herd penalty, so it might be a wash. And then you'd have to chase down your clan party afterwards before it goes and joins an army.

I'm not sure if there are any mods that do exactly what your asking. There's I'm Tired, which makes player and ai parties need to rest every day, but the exhaustion debuff is to morale, not party speed, so I'm not sure if it would help you catch them or if it would just make all the troops desert which would just make them even faster. There are also a bunch of mods that make Scouting skill give a speed buff. That might be your best bet.
    Great, thanks for the info. Yea first thing I tried to do was split my part and send a bunch of foot soldiers off with my companion but, as you said, that left me with tons of extra horses and a massive herd penalty which slowed me down significantly. And my companion just took off in another direction.

Is there a way to transfer inventory items to your parties the way you transfer troops? I could try to create a party and then transfer all my extra mounts to that party and that should allow me to speed up.

It does just seem silly that you can move non-stop on foot for over a week at the same speed as a mounted party without ever having to rest...
  12. ThirdH0rseman

So I've been chasing this group of 14 Embers for like 10 days non-stop. It seems ridiculous that a party of 113 soldiers, all mounted, can't chase and run down a party of 14 men on foot. And spending $1k per day in wages makes chases like this worthless. And yes, I have mounts for every one...
  13. ThirdH0rseman

There's still a lot of unnecessary misery in the game...

Examples:
    • You have 100 infantry troops in your party, 125 Mules, and 125 Desert Horses (so 250 animals in total):
      Base party speed is 4.25.
      Troops use 100 Desert Horses for full "footmen on horses" bonus (20%), and they can manage 100 of the rest of the animals - so in total 200 animals.
      The other 50 animals count to the herd penalty, so -30% * 50 (animals) / 100 (troops) = -15%.
    Sorry to necro this thread, but is this Base Party Speed ratio accurate? Party Size = 100 means Base Party Speed of 4.25?

I'm trying to calculate base party speed based on various party sizes, and my numbers don't work out using this ratio. Thanks!
  14. ThirdH0rseman

Critical Fix Need: Hand position when cheering

I know the devs are relaxing now that all the major issues have been fixed post-release, so here is a new high-priority item to add to the to-be-fixed list. When not holding a weapon, or using a bow, the hand position looks really stupid when using the battle cheers. Please fix this ASAP...
  15. ThirdH0rseman

Splitting up troops types into multiple groups

I thought you could only split existing formations? Or do you mean put all the brigands into a single formation, and then use F7 to split that formation into two?

That should work I guess, unfortunate that it doesn't persist. Thank you for the tip!
  16. ThirdH0rseman

Desperate need of easy mechanic to safely split/reform party.

I'd love to have a safe way to store troops for later, and this would be a great way to do that. Put 30 or 40 veteran troops into a party with a Companion and tell them to sit in a city and chill, while you take your 30 fresh recruits out for some training.

Even better, this would allow for reserves. If I get into a fight with a large party and lose half my troops, I don't want to spend weeks buying and training up a bunch of new recruits. I could just return to where my Companion is chilling and grab my experienced troops to refill my numbers.
  17. ThirdH0rseman

Splitting up troops types into multiple groups

I know the party system needs many more features, but one I'd like to see is the ability to split up the same troop types into multiple formations. I currently have 24 Brigands in my party and I'd love to split them into two groups of 12. No reason why I have to clump all Imperial Recruits...
  18. ThirdH0rseman

Does anyone know if the troop formation reset is fixed..?

As of last night this bug is still there. If you load a save all custom formations are lost
  19. ThirdH0rseman

So.... Where are my siblings?

You brother is actually "Najun", not "Nusun" as shown in those screencaps. But the issue remains the same. I looked up Najun in the encyclopedia, found where he was located, traveled to the city, bribed the guards to get into the keep, and found Najun lounging in a room. Talked to him and the speak option was "About the task you gave me..." and when I select it you get the "You shouldn't see this" error. So main quest appears to be broken.

20. ThirdH0rseman

Sprinting, maybe?

Especially considering the AI can sprint and charge, which makes avoiding them in fights impossible sometimes.
Back
Top Bottom