Search results for query: *

• Users: MCKOY
  • Order by date
  1. SP Can't unlock the gun/bullets for CKO

That was it! Thanks buddy. The Order the Smoking Gun is about to go to war now
  2. SP Can't unlock the gun/bullets for CKO

I have a CKO created and I used a cheat to start the Order Grandmaster quest. I've already completed that so I have my CKO setup and running at the Order Stronghold. I have my firearms skilled high enough to where I talked to one of my knights and they gave me the notification that we received...
  3. [Skirmish Mode] Crash on Connection to Servers

My friend and I are getting an issue where we load into a game of captain's mode and we're the only ones there. Noone else will load in.
  4. Village mechanism seems to be broken in 1.3 Beta

Are you sure it's just 1.3b? I think some villages have been wrong since release.
  5. SP - General Horse trample/kick

I would say if anything horses have too easy of a time escaping from groups.
  6. Resolved "Resume game" button crashes to desktop

Since the .10 update the other day I've been unable to play since the "Resume game" button on the main menu will crash me to desktop. I've got a handful of campaigns saved, 4 or 5 with probably 2 or 3 save files each. I've submitted the crash report again today since I didn't see this listed on...
  7. A wishlist of things (mostly quality of life issues, really)

maybe allow us to send a companion away to hire more troops?
    Good idea. Other characters can give the player quests to bring troops somewhere. The player should be able to send companions or hire someone to do it for them.
  8. MP [Poll] More Stats?

Captain's mode needs to show damage rather than kills on the scoreboard. Or both.
  9. Way to train troops

I agree that auto-resolving should not be better than manual battles.

We need party-wide XP and more useful passive training again.
    This is the answer. +++
  10. SP - Battles & Sieges Buff Horses

I don't think horses need to be any faster unless you wanted to increase their base speed and increase the penalties based on their armor and player weight to incentivize a light build for speed.
  11. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Summer = war time. WINTER = socializing

I like anything that encourages less fighting from the lords. They all act like mindless barbarians.
  12. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Suggestion for a Recruitment Overhaul

I never said anything about removing training... it's part of the game.

But you can't train your recruits into battarian archers or vladian squire, They already have to be hired as is. Just like it was in real life. but the other trees allow you to train into cav or archers, which makes it confusion to why they have special rules. specially since the AI spawns with them like they were handing them out on the corner of the main street of a village. I don't know if you have noticed, you can already recruit trained infantry or archer in other factions that have recruit tree that allow you to train them to that unit.

splitting every factions tree into archer/infantry/cav would make way more sense and be less complicated to track.

In real life when they mustered and army, people who had experience with bows would immediately become archers, those with horse would be part of the cavalry and the rest would be in infantry. I'm suggesting a system that would take inspiration of that while also using the system that is already in place. You would still have to upgrade your squire into a knight and your archer into a veteran archer, or maybe split him into a crowsbowmen or mounted archer
    I like it the way it is where each faction has a rarer "noble" troop tree for higher quality more expensive troops. But yeah maybe there should be other ways to get these troops, otherwise you'll end up in a ****ty situation like you described where you are playing Bat and can't get archers or playing Empire and can't get horsemen. Maybe paying a premium to recruit extra guys?
  13. SP - General LOGISTICS ,SUPPLY LINES and WARFARE (how to balance the "snowball" effect)

A banking system at a glance.
    I normally am not against anything, but I would not know how to make the bank vault "inviolable", because realistically ... it would be violable.
    Maybe a system that "moves money" in the event of a siege.
    But it should be formulated quite well.
    Even if you replied that I agree, you should propose a system that is realistic and balanced.
    Think about it if you like it and as soon as you formulate it, write a thread in the suggestions section.
    Just trying to think of ways to expand on the supply lines idea which I like. I was thinking running out of supplies wouldn't matter enough if too easy to get additional supplies in the field(buying or raiding)
  14. MP Captain

I love this mode but I have a few suggestions.

- During the pick phase, you need to be able to see what your teammates are picking
    - Unit numbers should be cranked up a bit in general
    - I'd like to see a way to have ranged units queue up a shot but not actually fire until commander to. As it is if you position a unit of skirmishers just right and give them the F4 to fire, they all sort of switch weapons slowly at different paces and overall it just takes too long for them to get throwing
    - Cavalry is just awful right now. The AI doesn't know how to play it and even worse they don't know how to play against it. This is especially worse against the heavily armored cavalry types. Almost every game I see someone playing cataphracts just hit F3 and let them play on autopilot and they will charge straight into a mob of infantry, even spear infantry, and they will just walk away unscathed because the infantry can't hurt them
    - On that note, the heavy cavalry horses are too tanky. Lots of times I've speared the horse perfectly during a head on full speed charge and they will walk this off
    - Controlling the flags should make the stars(morale?) switch sides faster. They move so slowly they're basically meaningless in 9/10 matches. Everytime a round ends this way I see at least one player who literally did not know the flags did anything at all.
    - A few more perk options or a rebalance for most troop types are needed. Most of the time its impossible to justify picking weak archers over the high tier archers because they have such strong armor. I think every troop type could do with a perk slot where you choose between additional armor or some extra troops in your unit
    - More option for communication such as a way to ping things of interest or have a tactical map you can draw or place markers on. Or VOIP. As it is now theres just very little way to communicate with your team on the fly
  15. SP - General LOGISTICS ,SUPPLY LINES and WARFARE (how to balance the "snowball" effect)

good suggestion but out of context.
    I almost assume that if you have at least 1 castle or village or city there is a sort of "treasure chest" in which to put the money or the equip you want to save but you wan't bring with you.
    or entrust the money to the quartermaster.
    Maybe there could also be independent banks in cities where you could store gold that won't get pillaged by invaders but you have to pay a fee to use them?
  16. SP - General Castles defend their towns?

What if when a village was being raided, the garrison of the connected castle would try and come to their aid? Or send a certain portion of the garrison and leave some behind? Something like that. Right now, I hate seeing half the villages in the world raided so I can't visit them. There should...
  17. SP - UI [QOL] UI suggestions concerning messages to the player

Yeah, I've really been missing the notification log from Warband. Every time one of those events happens where a kingdom passes a law I don't have time to read the whole thing and then it's gone.
  18. SP - General LOGISTICS ,SUPPLY LINES and WARFARE (how to balance the "snowball" effect)

Maybe make it so a character's gold has to be banked in a city so when they are riding around on the map they will only carry around a fraction of their actual gold. That way their travel time is restricted by how much food they can buy with a limited amount of gold rather than having a practically unlimited supply when they are miles away from their own kingdom.
  19. SP - General Tactics skill engourages not playing the game

The problem with auto resolve is that it seems to give your troops 10x more xp after a battle.
  20. How do village notables gain influence and can you help them get it faster?

Mostly just doing quests. I think if bandits attack villagers on the world map, if you come to the villagers aid its supposed to increase relations with the village but it's not confirmed. Also wiping out nearby bandit hideouts will give you a message saying your relation is increased with nearby notables. But again I don't know if this is actually working correctly.
Back
Top Bottom