Search results for query: *

1. vemerce

Wife not getting pregnant

Tried it but the dev console keeps saying cheat mode is disabled. (Im new to this)
    • Go to Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs
    • Open “engine_config.txt”: C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs
    • Look for “cheat_mode = 0” and change the value to “1”
  2. vemerce

In Progress [e1.20] Pregnant without having husband in party

I just discovered a very neat thing, you can tweak every one of those settings in the mod menu for the mod grow up and work. Pregnancy chance, childbirth death, aging, npc child aging, fertility age etc.
    Cool, now they just need to put all of that into the Campaign Options menu and we'll be golden. :grin:
  3. vemerce

If this is actually true then there needs to be a way to remarry or maybe kill your wife. I don't see any point continuing a run if I randomly get that ****. I need some proof that this infertility thing is actually a feature and not just a bug though.
    It's not a bug, it's an intended game design. By the time the game releases, you'll be able to have your wife die in battle, like any other companion. One of the modders who actually worked with the game code told me about this probability here. If you read the whole thread, he details the pregnancy chances by age and everything.
  4. vemerce

Patch Notes e1.1.2 & Beta Hotfix

This patch I feel answers my questions... they're 100% working on a bigger major overhaul to Combat AI. These small tweaks are just to keep us going until then.
    I think tweaking the combat A.I. might be something we only see small changes to until we're closer to launch. (I could be wrong.)

Reason being, I would think they'd want to get all of the "box features" into the game, then work on polishing them all up and making them feel right.

Still noticably absent are activities to do during peace time, completion of the main quest and/or returning of the player's brother and two other siblings, death by old age, mature characters being able to die on the battlefield, taking over thug territory in cities, auto-block and other missing Warband mechanics, and a handful of other promoted features that aren't in the game yet.

While there are a ton of things in the game that need serious balance and tweaks, like combat, smithing, perks, pregnancy still, mount icons, diplomacy, other ways to start a faction, etc... Those mechanics are already in the game in some form. I would imagine they want to get all of the pieces into the puzzle, then work on getting them to fit together well.

Granted, that's just my opinion, but in the couple decades I've been playing games that's usually what companies do... They develop a nearly full game and then spend a good 6+ months polishing it up to be the final product.
  5. vemerce

Patch Notes e1.1.2 & Beta Hotfix

• Pregnancy chance has been lowered.
    This one could use a little more tweaking if the chance was all that was lowered. Like, the maximum age for pregnancy should be reduced from 45 to 40. Then if you don't want any more children, you can put the wife away in the castle until she's 40 and then bring her out as a companion.

I'm assuming this tweak only changed the % chance for a pregnancy and not the conditions. It should also be implemented that the wife can only get pregnant if she's placed in a settlement (in the keep) and you rest there, not any time she's in your party or you rest anywhere. (Or if she's in her own party across the map, or in a dungeon somewhere.)

BTW there's something I'd like to bring up in a thread the devs might actually read. Can we please rename the difficulty settings from "Very Easy" "easy" and "realistic" to "Easy" "Standard" and "Realistic?" It kinda feels like the current labels talk down to new players a bit too much for my liking.
    How about "Tier 1" "Tier 2" and "Tier 3" or "Recruit" "Veteran" "Commander" difficulty? :razz: Takes the "Easy" out altogether.
  6. vemerce

Weird, the last playthrough, seemed like everyone was having kids. Heck, I ended up with 4.
    I had 15 on my first playthrough before the wife died in childbirth. And when the first daughter came of age, there was literally only one male child from the NPC's able to marry her.
  7. vemerce

Can you create a kingdom after already giving your banner to another lord?

Will that change in the future you think?
    I'm not sure that you'll be able to create a brand new faction by another method in the future, but... I would anticipate that eventually you'll be able to "take over" one of the main factions if you have enough support and the leader dies in combat, is executed, or dies from old age with no heir.
  8. vemerce

wife never gets pregnant. days 240 with her maybe from 160 days

Hold on a second, what's the probability for your wife to die in a battle when perma death is on? It's just, i've never seen my companions to be killed permanently, not talking about a wife who's technically a Lord, and I've never ever saw any Lord dying in combat.
    In theory, Companions can be shown as having died in the scoreboard. But it might not actually take place. Better to just use the console and kill them off. It'll say they've been assassinated in the encyclopedia. :grin:
  9. vemerce

lol...what are the chances that all the eligible female nobles are sterile? xD

....still no new heir and I've been running this on Turbo-speed for the past 40-ish minutes.
    Very low. But there's an issue to be considered here. Only the nobles that are married at the beginning of the game will ever produce children, and that stops once the female is 46. They're already much older than the player when the game starts.

The "eligible" nobles don't marry each other right now, so they won't have children unless they married the player.
  10. vemerce

Balance Issue or by Design?

It's not just Vlandia though. All faction lords respawn with a specified number of troops. Combine that with lords escaping/ransomed from prison just after they've been thrown in and you end up with this exhausting situation of constantly having to fend off army after army.

I figured executing lords would help, which I've yet to try, but judging from the OP, it doesn't seem so.

I don't know how to solve this, it seems to be a placeholder to stop the player from steamrolling the map until more features are put in the game.
    That's weird because in my game Vlandia were the first faction to fall.

They did declare war on every faction and I do mean every faction even the lake rats, Jawwal, Karakhuzait etc...literally everyone. So it wasn't a huge surprise even with their armies they got overwhelmed quite quickly.
    I think a large part of the problem is that from the moment you finish the tutorial, factions are often warring with one another. And there's also no cooldown on declaring war. It should be like in Civilization, where when factions make a peace agreement, it takes a while to expire. Like give us a solid month of peace.

I would say that for the first 50 days (2 months) of the game, no one should be declaring war on anyone. Give the player time to get oriented, fight some looters, raid some bandit hideouts, enjoy a few tournaments, and figure out what they want to do in the game.

Then after the 50 day waiting period, when war breaks out, factions should be quicker to ask for peace when they've sustained losses... And give them a solid month of peace to rebuild and lick their wounds before the same faction can declare war on them again. I don't think this would be nearly as much of a problem if the conflicts were spread around, and every faction wasn't in a world war constantly.

What annoys me more than anything about the A.I. is that I'll go conquer a city when I'm part of a faction, then move to the next city that's really close by, and by the time I've conquered that one, the A.I. from the faction I'm at war with has reclaimed the last one. It gets annoying having to keep going back and forth reclaiming the same two cities repeatedly because my A.I. faction teammates won't help hold things we've obtained, even when it became their fief!

For what it's worth, in the last campaign I started, just derping around... I made an Aserai character. In the time I was able to run from the training grounds to the Aserai territory, some minor faction had declared war on me. I have no idea why. I was just one character and hadn't even met any of them... They shouldn't even have known I existed yet. The A.I. is too war hungry.
  11. vemerce

wife never gets pregnant. days 240 with her maybe from 160 days

what should i do? killed the fun a bit..i dont want to restart yet as im already over 240 ingame days and my cav army is hella strong :razz:
    There is a 5% probability that any female Hero, except the player, can be infertile. Sounds like you lost the lottery.

There's a couple options here. If you want to organically fix the problem, turn on Hero Deaths in the campaign options, take her into a battle, and shoot her with arrows until she's gone. Then you can remarry.

Otherwise, you can install the Developer Console mod, enable cheats, and either make her pregnant, kill her, or marry someone else. (That'll make her your Ex-Spouse.)

As a male you must be under 40 to marry, and a female must be under 35 to marry.
  12. vemerce

I recently learned that there is a 5% probability of any female Hero (except the player) being infertile. It's randomly decided at the beginning of each playthrough. That's why some people have 25 children with one wife, and others have 0.
  13. vemerce

Can you create a kingdom after already giving your banner to another lord?

Nope. Have to keep the banner. No other way at the moment, unless you use the Developer Console mod and cheat to do it.
  14. vemerce

Balance Issue or by Design?

So I've played Sturgia with 2 characters so far and got both of them up to nobles. One had a city, the other a castle. Both shared a border with Vlandia, so that may be part of the problem.

In both cases, the war with Vlandia never ends. I started killing them by the HUNDREDS (every battle at least 100 deaths) and capturing every lord I found that wasn't in an army of 800+. Each lord I caputred, I executed immediately. After over 6-8 lords killed and maybe ~3000 troop deaths at my hands, they continue to send armies of over 850 units. I even started keeping track of the kingdom war scoring in the kingdom menu. No matter what happened, Vlandia just kept coming for the better part of a year before I had to delete the save.

The same happened in both games. The worst part of it though, is that in my 2nd playthrough where I have a tougher time, they take my castle within 30 minutes of me getting it. They raid my villages non-stop, etc. This means I can't even go buy food at another city for my starving people because every time I walk away, another army or lord is raiding/sieging.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love good AI. But this is starting to feel like John Connor V.S. The Terminators. Or World War Z with undead hordes. No other faction has these numbers backed up by armored knights. It's a bit extreme. As an aside, I never had this problem when playing as Battania.

So, is this just the way the game is currently bugged? Or is this a design feature? Moreover, how does anyone maintain a castle in this game when everyone is trading whole cities back-and-forth per week? I'd just like to feel like taking a city matters, that it's not just a big game of whack-a-mole for both sides.
    Honestly it seems like the way to "win" in the current environment is to join Vlandia. I haven't done it yet, but they always seem to be the ones snowballing and dominating the map. Every game I've started, and the two campaigns I've taken 140 and 70 hours so far, Vlandia is a force to be reckoned with. In my first game, it took about 4000 days of play to wipe Vlandia off the map. They were the last kingdom standing other than my own.
  15. vemerce

Well sorry for breaking this up to you but it's not the case. Your wife might be stuck in the dungeon the whole game while you do the conquer and never even come to visit her yet she still gets pregnant. It's an ingame bug and you can do nothing to stop it.
    Well, in my now 210 hours played across 2 campaigns, I have yet to have that happen. In my latest game, as soon as I stuck her in the castle and never came to visit, she stopped having children.
  16. vemerce

In Progress Pregnancy Really Needs Fixed... NPC Wives Are Sentenced to Die.

Good question, not 100% sure on this one, since I haven't switched heirs yet.
    But assuming you take over the same female hero and it does not count as starting a new game (everything stays the same).

She would still be infertile and your lineage would probably die out then :smile:
    Unless you can kill her and take over one of her fertile siblings?
    Thought about this more today. If you died and assumed playing the infertile wife as your heir, then married her off again... If she died shortly thereafter, you would then play her new husband as your heir... Essentially playing as someone who had nothing to do with your original character, as an heir. lol. But maybe you could remarry him off and get some heirs.
  17. vemerce

I never took wife to my party yet my 9th child is incoming :roll:
    You must be resting in the same settlement she's in. If she's in the keep and you rest there, that's the risk you take. You basically have to get a fief in the middle of nowhere and stick her there with the kids until she's 46. Then she can come out to play. :grin:
  18. vemerce

Finished My First Playthrough, Here's the Rundown After 140 Hours

if the banner is true for the only way to start your own faction I don't like ,the story should help new players find there way not be forced on experienced players that understand the game.
    Currently it is true. Down the road that might change though. They've gotten a lot of negative feedback about that being the only way.

I think down the road also, you might be able to use influence to takeover the faction you're in when the leader dies.
  19. vemerce

Hah thanks for the tip :grin:. I just started to assume that the developers took it as a design choice to fast forward time, since births happened in about 30 game days, except aging still happened yearly. There's a mod "Grow up and Work" which makes children grow older every 25 days, at least that way they're useful sooner, and in sync with the current mechanic.
    Really, I think it should go the other way. Pregnancy should be changed to last 75 days... Roughly 9 months equivalent. And there should be a 25 day cooldown before the female character can get pregnant again... Limiting births to once per year.
Back
Top Bottom