Search results for query: *

1. Why don't my family members fight in tournaments any more?

I am aware of this workaround but it appears to not work in the current version of the game
    It should work. It works for me on 1.6.2 the fellow above me said he has it on 1.6.3
  2. Why don't my family members fight in tournaments any more?

In my last playthrough 1.6.3, my wife was governor of my settlement and was a beast in the tournaments. I would get notifications about her winning every week or so.
    Same here! Until the player returns to beast on everyone else. :grin:
  3. SP - General Player clan marriages, barter for peace diplomacy

Yep, I´m a lier.

Maybe you haven't reproduced the conditions. Try being kingdom ruler, and having the player sister married when in a separate party, that's how I found this.
  4. SP - General Player clan marriages, barter for peace diplomacy

I tested it myself and this is not true.
    Female clan members who marry always join the husband's clan.
    I disagree, because this thread exists precisely because of the fact that I tried marrying off both females and males in my kingdom as an experiment and none left.
  5. SP - General Player clan marriages, barter for peace diplomacy

How come the clan member are married off to outside clans when the player is not yet a lord or a king (no kingdom) but the moment they're in a kingdom its the opposite? Npc clan members are married off to the players clan? This makes the marriage mechanic still somewhat unbalanced mid to late...
  6. Battle scars?

It'd be really cool if you had a chance of getting a scar when you get hit in the face and take a lot of damage.
    That it would. Here's to hoping we get some implementation for scars/warpaints, or a mod down the road.
  7. Battle scars?

Right now, they are just character customization options with nothing else involved.

Scars, tattooed and face paint only get applied at age 21 or theravouts, so you'll see some babyfaced NPCs running around for a few years before getting that grizzled look to them.

That's interesting, I first considered it to be some early implementation of those " permanent wounds" that I've heard about in the blogs before release. Where does it come from though? Is it randomly generated for NPC's? Since obviously offsprings are a template of parents, and I have to say, there isn't much randomness involved, usually it looks almost like a copy of one parent.
  8. Battle scars?

How does one gain them? Is it applicable to the player? Or only to an NPC? I've noticed some npc's having lots of scars after some time.
  9. Why don't my family members fight in tournaments any more?

I've noticed that if you leave your companion as governor, or create them as a separate party they will participate in the tourney if in town. However, if they belong to your party as a family member they will not participate.
  10. AI lords must execute each other

Are you implying that medieval sources would consider the latter worse? Because both Christian and Muslim sources admonish Richard for doing this (the "most" favourable Christian source has an entire paragraph of excuses), some even suggesting he felt guilty the rest of his life, while giving zero damns about Saladin executing a bunch of lords not even a decade prior. In sources from the 1100s and 1200s at least, lords are only even mentioned in terms of their ransoms.

In the context of the game, I really don't think anyone except the close family of the dead should give a single crap about you executing them. Calradia has something like 200 lords, there is no central moral authority like the pope, and it's "supposed" to be set long before the link between mounted warriors and nobility even existed.
    Indeed, a simple fix would be if simply the specific clan lords gave negative relationship points. And it should be extended if they were killed in battle as well, just maybe with a lesser penalty.
  11. AI lords must execute each other

1000% correct. Even in the context of a civil war, summary battlefield execution of nobility was not standard practice.

With a minor caveat that this did not as often apply between different cultures. One has to only see how crusaders and caliphate warriors executed each other with impunity, nobles supporting the wrong king/religion in civil war were also sometimes executed in trials, or how the mongols basically murdered anyone who displeased their agenda. So in this case, it would not seem far fetched for example Khuzaits making a line to execute an entire Imperial clan.
  12. AI lords must execute each other

Remember when you could get castles to surrender in Warband if you as the besieger outnumbered them enough?
    Yes bro I do now that you've said it, though the odds were usually against me and I would just go into a meat grinder against armies twice the size, its amazing that it was possible though. :razz:

It would be a great mechanic to have, and for example the surrendered troops get to stay as garrison or you can take them as prisoners, that would make an expansionist playthrough easier, and it could be balanced if they added a % calculation to the surrendered castles/towns whether they will revolt or stay loyal (adjusted by culture, relation etc) so players don't take the surrenders for granted.
  13. AI lords must execute each other

You can add this feature by installing a mod. Try installing the execution mod I made in NexusMod
    Dude, you should link it.
  14. What's the point of the NPC personality trait system?

Do they influence A.I behavior currently on the campaign map or are they supposed to do so in future updates? For example on executions, surrendering, fleeing, paying gold etc? I can only recall one instance of merciful NPC's releasing you after battle, but otherwise for some traits I do not...
  15. AI lords must execute each other

I've already killed several lords in battle. I don't know if its possible for NPCxNPC battles. But if it is, then executions on top would be an overkill for the lord population unless balanced, for example cruel has 10% execution rate, merciful has 1% execution rate (for those they hate) and without traits a 5%.

There was a mod for this but now its outdated.

P.S they should fricken add the option for NPC's to surrender.
  16. Mercenaries (minor factions) - only a nuissance

I agree. Diplomacy mod lets you send messenger to any NPC in game, after some days time you meet them and can talk/hire. Hope that band-aid scratches your itch for now. There's also an Allegiance mod that rebalances loyalty and other stuff in new ways it seems, testing it now.
  17. What do you do in a medium-long campaign when NOT at war?

Maybe they ought put an option to accelerate time progression in times of peace for the player faction (when they have a kingdom). This way your character ages faster and the dynasty system gives a reset for the new generation (the point of it all), that is if the player even wants that. Otherwise they'll need to add in a few new kingly activities :razz:

But to answer your question OP yes, I use the additional quests mod, it adds some fresh entertaining ones to the cities and villages.

Additional Quests [nexusmods]
  18. Q4 2021? more like Q2 2022.

I'd rather they release later and not cut out on promised/attractive features that they should be working on instead, no matter how long it takes. Get it done.
  19. SP - General Some suggestion about bandit hideouts

I just want a send troops button so I don't have to sludge through the same map over and over again for 10 bandits
Back
Top Bottom