Search results for query: *

1. SP - General Breaking into a seiged settlement and autoresolving is beyond broken because AI cannot retreat.. Should be allowed to retreat in this situation

This probably has been said before, but it should be said again. What is more broken then smithing in this game? probably this. You lose maybe 100 troops, but you can lead your army 1/3 of the attackers size into a sieged settlement and easily win, capturing everyone because the AI is not...
  2. Is This Game Dead?

Yes, this is beyond silly... They made one in the diplomacy mod and it is simple and strange at the same time haha you get to have a conversation with the person you send the messenger for.. maybe its not the best way, but certainly is far better than base game, sadly..
    I am a effin KING and I have to chase down some lowlifes mercenaries... ffs
    I actually gave in and downloaded mods. I don't think this game without mods is really possible to play without exceptional frustration beyond the early mid game. I would never recommend buying it on a platform where you had no mod access over one where you do. Some of these mods just put in basic functions(messengers etc) that you can't do without while playing this that probably should be in the base game. Otherwise the tedious bs will grind you down and make you quit.

The absolutely atrocious lord AI(on the map) is another matter that i don't see them fixing or improving but i don't know if there is a mod for it or not. As it stands the AI is so bad in this game i have to hoard enough influence and never recruit too many lords(always outnumbered on the map by at least 2-3:1 at minimum) because the instant they make a decision for themselves is where they start derailing everything. With allies like these who needs enemies
  3. Is This Game Dead?

Unfortunately that's the opposite of what Taleworlds wants. Idk why but even after repeated requests from the community for more player agency Taleworlds doesn't want to budge. I've never understood their view point on this because players want to feel like they're winning or losing because of decision they've made not by watching the game play itself. My biggest issue is the game is so ****ing boring after the first few hours. It's the equivalent of watching paint dry. I play games to have fun and be challenged not to play a glorified version of wack a mole.
    My guess is its too expensive to implement relative to how much money they'd make on it. I don't think they should re fix diplomacy etc, at least not now. They should focus on things that are small tweaks that greatly improve on what they've done without having to build something entirely new. There are too many of these small things and questionable decisions already in what they have, that can far more easily be resolved for greater positive impact on the whole experience.

Making a competent AI is probably very very difficult and it would have to be reworked to account for diplomacy. A basic alliance structure etc could be done but if you bother, you probably want to do it well. I absolutely don't care for a diplomacy system when the council AI literally cannot make an appropriate decision for itself and your country. They're basically all random and you literally have to stockpile influence to override 99% of the decisions they make if you are king.The last thing i want is to have the current AI making decisions about alliances, or breaking them. The AI decision making right now is just so utterly bad its as bare bones as u can get for a system. Adding diplomacy to it won't change that.

The AI currently is just designed to spin out the game by doing absolutely everything they can to avoid having a coherent direction towards, well anything. You literally are best off leaving the decisions they make till the last hour, because they will spam you with all these other ones upon refusal. If taleworlds did a diplomacy thing, it would literally have to overhaul this entire, barebones, garbage system.
  4. [Casual] How's your current game(s) going?

Probably going to put it on hold. Have killed southern empire. Battania is dead. Sturgia is dead. Kuzaits only border is with me(might be able to kill them in this war if i really push, but definitely in two). Vassals are idiots and are trying to open up a war with a third faction, so i have to manage influence carefully to prevent them from deciding to throw everything away.

If i finish world conquest, i probably am quitting, uninstalling, and never coming back. If i stop playing, i might hold out for the next patch, but might not. Game comes across as UNFINISHED, and its only made worse when you learn that some of the things that you think are unfinished aren't actually: they actually intended some of these things as design decisions. And what's worse, they've known about how much people dislike those decisions, and yet they're still the what the game has on offer. Inspires basically 0 confidence when it comes to making this game better and makes it extremely hard to recommend to other people without feeling like i'm compromising on my integrity(core of game is fun, but everything else is incidentally or deliberately designed poorly to make it less fun).I don't want to recommend something that looks, feels, and plays as if its unfinished without some road map for finishing it.

Marriage is broken beyond first generation(yourself). I am a king, and i am constantly spammed with offers to marry my two sons to unknown women(if you haven't discovered them, game won't let you know anything about them) I have to track down a head of a clan personally to make a marriage offer on behalf of my sons, and just because they have unmarried daughters DOES not mean that i can make that marriage offer, since all of them for some reason happen to have a 50+ year old woman in their clan that they're prioritizing marrying off first over their daughters. You can't select anyone else, its just whoever that person has, and age seems to be a priority. In my playthrough, i effectively can't marry these sons at all, because just about everyone has some old woman they want to get rid of first, and i've spent a huge amount of time trying to solve this. System is deliberately constructed in a way that just results in tedium and a huge waste of the players time.

if smithing wasn't as busted of a way to make money, you'd be screwed entirely(having tried every other way to make money ie caravans from the start etc) when it comes to making money because the game's economy makes little sense and deliberately designed to prevent you from ever getting ahead. Villages getting raided is basically a nuclear bomb hitting your city, and you get get raided endlessly by fiefless factions who are almost impossible to eliminate. Massive smithing money lets you mitigate all the poor design decisions that make this game as tedious as it is, but even then, that doesn't make interacting with those broken systems fun, just something whose consequences you can ignore to some degree. If they were to "Fix" smithing and how broken it is, but leave the current economic status quo in place, it would literally destroy this game for most people.

Its just very weird to have the core of the game be good(medieval battle simulator) and just have it impaired by all of these decisions that straight up get in the way of the game being good. Who is actually making these decisions? Have they actually had a full playthrough of this game?

EDIT: Can't believe i'm actually doing it but im downloading mods to get rid of some of the stupid tedium that comes from factions that have been fiefless for so long. Its better than executing every single one, but i really don't want to have to go through the process of figuring out what i need when i'd much rather.. you know, play the game. I generally don't ever download mods to fix deliberate stupid game design decisions by the people who make the game, so, yea, I don't have very much confidence in the developers right now.
  5. Is This Game Dead?

Don't know if its dead but playing past a certain point is just an exercise of tedium which is offset by good influence management and having smithed your way to 10 million dinars prior to setting up a kingdom. The AI is just straight up retarded, and in real life these people would be executed for incompetence when it comes to decisions declaring war or peace or killed as a matter of popular unrest as a result of their decisions.Having too many vassals is just setting yourself up for infinite failure, because they really are just that bad at the game. You need to be able to override all of the stupid things they do as they try to derail everything you are doing(you know A COHERENT play pattern with an actual aim beyond endless war for war's sake).

The marriage system is broken to the point where its worthless after you marrying yourself first generation(I have two sons as king, but i have to trek across the entire map to find a lord who will marry them to a daughter of a reasonable age which is impossible because they won't let me marry them until they marry off this 60 year old woman that's for some reason a top priority for them) I am frequently spammed with offers to marry women WHO I know nothing about because i've never met them (Game won't display anything despite sending me the marriage offer.) There's no messenger system, so you have to do all of what you want personally(Make a vassal join, marriage, etc) and its made way worse because of the huge map they made(Which should be a positive, but at some point, it just gets in the way of all the systems they made. You get raided infinitely unless you execute every last lord of a faction which itself is ridiculously tedious and they did everything they could to prevent you from ending the nonsense.At least in warband you could ask a lord if if they've seen X vassal or their whereabouts, in this there's no option, so finding someone is guesswork unless you try to call them into your army(Sometimes option isn't even available)

if you asked me, this game SHOULD be dead, and i don't say that lightly since the "fight battles" aspect of this, aka the core of the game, is fun and i absolutely want a game like this to succeed. They just did a whole bunch of stuff designed to make the game NOT fun and just make the game feel UNFINISHED. If you literally deleted some of the stuff they added that are meant to be features, you'd at least reduce the tedium and make at least feel like the systems you are forced to engage with aren't poorly designed or unfinished. Some of the things they did are just straight up worse than what they did in warband(even unmodded). Honestly, i feel like offering their QA team my save where i've conquered a third(More, but at least this) of the world, have stabilized my income over 10 mill, have all the marriage issues mentioned and tell them to go play it out for 24 hours of actual game time since they for some reason think the decisions they made related to this stuff is good. Guaranteed they'd change their minds after being raided by a fiefless faction for the 10th time. Some of the decisions come across them as not even having played their own game. I'm just kind of at a loss with this game, this is what it looks like after years of early access? this is what i come back to?

I don't think i'll ever play this again after finishing my first world conquest without significant tweaks from taleworlds, and i'm just doing that to "Finish" the game. But i could just walk away from it entirely and not look back, because at some point paint the map becomes the same thing except its deliberately disrupted by tedious vassal management.
  6. SP - General This game could use a messenger service in the baseline game for recruiting lords

Reposting this because i put it in general discussion, not sure if its seen. But it would make a huge difference since its very odd to pretend that writing doesn't exist and it addresses something really tedious in the game that gets in the way of good gameplay/the core of the game(fighting...
  7. Bannerlord is really just a broken game.

This is the most depressing thing I've read in these entire forums. This is literally a depression inducing post. I'm sorry Mexxico, I'm so sorry. He wanted to give us the world and Taleworlds gave us a map with cool illustrations of it.
    Sorry i didn't mean to make it depressing, but its true. I just realize how tedious it is and will be, and i just.. don't allow myself to bother. The issues identified are not really challenging in a worthwhile sense, the game is just determined to waste my time with artificial 'difficulty' that isn't related to the core gameplay whatsoever. You want people to be mostly focused on the battles in this game - that is the core of the game, and its best part, and what it always did well since warband. Having me play hide and seek with lords, or whack-a-mole with factions that refuse to die is just not worth the trouble. That's to say nothing of the problems relating to stupid ai making peace or war, decisions relating to policies, etc.

Worst part is the stuff i've suggested/identified looks like this probably isn't that complicated to fix, but some of its a result of intentional choices...
  8. Bannerlord is really just a broken game.

I occasionally want to go back to this game for the medieval combat, but then i remember all the indestructible factions that will endlessly raid me despite having no fiefs, and the fact i have to trek across a gigantic map to find a single lord who is the representative who can join my faction because messengers and writing doesn't exist in bannerlord, and then remember why i quit. Warband never made me do that unmodded.
  9. Building a dynasty with children: what for?

I think the dynasty appeal died as soon as they scrapped fief building and any other long term mechanics they had wanted. With nothing but map painting there's no appeal to extra long games where children grow up. Using them as replacement is awkward too because they must be 18 to become the clan leader, so if you actually die in combat (still never had it happen) before then you are stuck as your wife/husband until they are 18 (assuming you can use the retreat then to retire then). If you don't die in combat then it's weird because you can't skill up non-clan-leader as well, so the adult kid is going to be a worse replacement when you die of old age and be old already so any skills they do max out will last a shorter amount of time before they die.

I think for the way the game ended up, it would be good to have children stay with you and had some kind of quests and event related to them that could come up and make them usable in battle younger too, Because 18 years is just too long for the game.
    18 is absolutely too late for them to be useful, and not realistic too(since 12-13 year olds were considered men in medieval era, which this game is based in). Again, some of the changes they could make are just tweaks, but they'd make a huge difference to how the game plays out. Just a few, very small tweaks would change the experience significantly for the better.
  10. Building a dynasty with children: what for?

I don't think the system is pointless, but it doesn't add too much other than the things outlined. They are "extra lives" which i don't mind. it could be more, but it would require significant work i think. At some point, you either have it be a paid DLC or it will probably not get the attention it deserves to make it something greater. One small fix to the system that could make it more useful is to recognize something weird about it.
    What's weird is that your male child would be considered a man at age 12 or 13 if we take the medieval realism seriously, and should be able to lead parties. Just adding this fix would be huge to make the system more impactful, immediately, with just a few tweaks.
  11. Patch Notes v1.1.4

I'm hoping for a functional game before thinking about any DLC. At the current time reskinning this game as japan or steampunk or whatever would be no good when it's a painful, grindy, repetitive, unfun experience to even finish a campaign.
    100% this.
    Can we just fix the basic experience first(some things look like just simple tweaks, some things could use more work but even the tweaks would improve the basic experience immensely), and worry about all these wish-list features later for a DLC? I couldn't be bothered to finish my first and only world conquest attempt because of the tedium(Not challenge) involved. Had no issues with that, multiple times, in unmodded warband.
  12. ***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

It isn't fine to me. When a faction starts circling the drain and losing back-to-back field armies, it shouldn't keep fighting, it should start asking for peace. Once it is down to a city or two castles or whatever arbitrary number feels good, they should be begging and pleading for peace, with tears in their eyes and large sums of money in their hands.

The only thing fiefless factions should be doing is crying and ****ting themselves about their lost lands in someone else's throne room.

The problem is that this **** stops being fun when you do twenty times and becomes tedious instead. But even without cheats, you wind up having to slog your way through effectively the entire continent's manpower pool to actually gain anything substantial against a faction. Once I've done that chore, I expect it to stick, not for the AI to continuously pester me with wardecs and raids.
    When they should or should not be making peace is a different issue from whether and when the faction should dissolve. I don't think they should poof instantly because they have no fiefs. But don't disagree about them not dissolving at somepoint and the make peace formula being busted, the formula for when they should make peace is absolutely broken and makes no sense.

also, in my playthrough with the southern empire that hasn't had fiefs for four years, the way they lost their last fief was they idiotically declared on the northern empire who wasn't at war with anyone else and was much much larger(southern had a single town) and lost it, because whatever the calculus for declaring war is just as stupid as the calculus for making peace.

But yes, it stops being fun and tedious very quickly. I didn't want to play hide and seek and wack-a-mole when i bought this, but that's what this game devolves into pretty fast. The decisions they made make the experience of making your own kingdom/vassal play way worse than warband because of these issues. That's why i've quit, and occasionally look at this(but probably going to not soon since if they don't make any changes related to this there is no point, i'm done)
  13. Mercenary Workshops and Caravans

My preparation for world conquest(didn't bother finishing, too tedious - too many issues with the game as it is right now) involved me never playing as a mercenary because of this. Workshops/caravans become a total waste of investment(Despite them being better for you financially in terms of efficiency) if you play as a mercenary and you are forced to pick between one or the other. The status quo is probably NOT a choice you want your players to make if you want them to enjoy the game.

One solution is: workshops you own in the capacity as a mercenary are shut down(and NOT seized) when at war with the faction in whose town they are in for the duration of the war. Similarly, caravans are refused entry into towns with factions you are at war with(but not legitimate targets).
  14. The next patch

Zoogielord I'm in exactly the same situation, haven't played since early access, just started a new playthrough thinking this was ... well, done, right? The game's released now. Should be done... right? but it isn't. You still can't achieve the most basic goal of the game, eliminating a faction, without massive pain and tedium. I hope it wasn't a deliberate design decision because it comes across as unfinished and nonsensical. I think it'll make an especially bad impression on new players, and console players who can't mod it away.
    I don't think factions should immediately dissolve if they own no fiefs, but at some point, people realize that their cause is hopeless and the lords who field these armies for some reason have endless money despite no fiefs. I get that they would want some realism to the game, but the fact that these factions never dissolve isn't realistic at all. Why would people(recruits) start joining a lost cause? They should eventually dissolve, even if it took six months to like 3 years. These people can't realistically keep fielding 100+ armies with good troop quality without any fiefs since they'll have no money at some point.
    This was just one reason i quit, there's alot of attempts of implementing "realism" in this that isn't realistic at all. The fact you have to trek across a gigantic map to hunt down the leader of a clan personally to ask him to join your faction has problems too. It makes sense they have to be the clan leader, but not that you'd have to hunt them down personally. Writing is a thing, and predates feudalism that is the foundation of this game. The map is way larger than warband, and you have to find this ONE person to recruit if you want that clan. There should be a messenger service that arranges a meeting at a spot/time or just a popup for the conversation after a few days once the messenger arrives. But that doesn't exist right now.

Again, i don't think the single player experience feels "finished" and i wish it was, since it caused me to quit. Too many tedious things that try to emulate real life, but don't include the very things that happen in real life that are aimed at reducing the tedious stuff.
  15. The game could really use a "messenger" service in the baseline game

I wish they would do this messenger thing. Just started another playthrough and god this part is so annoying. It's a small thing that ruins the game. I have to mod it or I just can't take it. It's so frustrating because I love the battles so much. But little things like this just make the game tedious.
    I actually quit because of all the tedium. Not this just this thing, but all of it. I can't be bothered to finish my first playthrough because i reaized its just not worth it. All of these types of decisions just get in the way of the core gameplay - a medieval battle simulator with paint the map aspect to it. They tried to make things realistic, but people in real life invented systems to avoid the kind of things they produced for precisely those reasons.

If they wanted REALISM, they thought they'd produce it by rightfully having to talk to a clan leader(Who should make the decision) but ignored all the real life 'systems' that people invented to avoid the tedium in real life they created. Do they really think that people who own towns and castles personally trek across the map to ask someone to join them, without any ability to find them, or arrange a meeting? Someone who has inordinate amount of wealth, somehow has time for this? No. Writing is a thing, and it predates feudalism that this game is based in.

This really should be apart of the base game in some form, whether you want the player to have to meet the lord in particular at an agreed place and time OR just make the meeting pop up after a certain amount of days once the messenger "Finds" the lord. Either is preferable.
    This wouldn't be such a huge issue if the map was the size of warband, but its gigantic. These people are almost impossible to find.
  16. ***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

It hasn't been fixed because it is intended. TW wanted fiefless factions to have a chance to come back from the dead.
    That's fine, they can have time to do so. Maybe 30 days is too short. Factions shouldn't evaporate instantly because they have no fiefs. But pretending these people can keep running around fielding armies of 100+ people with good troop quality without any land(And still claim to be a lord, who does not have a dayjob) forever is ludicrous in terms of realism and in terms of gameplay. In some ways, they went way too hard on trying to emulate supposed realism in this game, only to end up with gameplay that isn't realistic at all as a consequence. These people launching a forever guerrilla war while landless is just one such thing.In my current playthrough, the southern empire has had no fiefs for FOUR years before i launched my own kingdom and hasn't owned a fief since then either. My only solution would to be execute them all, something they've apparently put in active measures against me being able to do so with lords spawning out of thin air. At some point, these people become little more than bandits. Since they have had zero fiefs, they have not launched a single siege on a castle or town.

Another good example of this(trying to make things realistic but failing) is pretending that the only way to have someone join your faction IRL would have been to the leader of a clan to get them to join you, and that you need to talk to him personally and find him across the huge map they made. The requirement of talking to the clan leader makes sense, but not that you personally have to trek across this gigantic map to find them and convince them personally. Writing is a thing. People used writing well ahead of the advent of feudalism that this game is grounded in. People with fiefs and huge amounts of dinars surely can pay a messenger to arrange a meeting at an agreed upon place at the very least. If this was an actual, intended, decision its just a very bad one both from a gameplay and a realism perpsective. This decision they apparently made and others made me realize how tedious the actual kingdom gameplay was and it just wasn't worth the time to continue playing this. Its another decision that gets in the way of what this game at its core is(and what it does best)- a medieval combat simulator with paint the map aspect to it. I want to like this game(I played unmodded warband), but there are too many things that get in the way of a huge chunk of it to actually play it beyond the early part of the game(which in my case is all set up for becoming my own kingdom). I'm at the part where i put in all the work just so i could get to the whole "fight battles and seiges all the time" stage but there's all this stuff in the way of that. Some of the decisions makes me wonder if they actually had someone inhouse playtest their game in full at all.

I know this may sound odd, but vanilla warband was far less tedious and frustrating than this game because of the decisions they've made with this title. The things i've identified don't require a huge patch to change presumably. Some of the requests people are making(Major features) would be better off done as DLC if talewords has issues with making money from their efforts.
  17. Patch Notes v1.1.4

We 5 months in since 1.10 released now boys
    This is what we're at
    rip I just came back and i'm going to be quitting again. I just looked at the list of the community feedback(because some of the issues I was like wtf how is this still in the game) and it sounds like none of it has been addressed. Too much tedium, so i'm out again for who knows how long.
  18. Bannerlord is really just a broken game.

I think they over extended themselves trying to do too much, and thus making a lot of the issues mentioned here come across as unrefined if not pointless. I'm just surprised that many of the things pointed out here are still things that were issues in early access, and it makes the game really tedious to play and gets in way of the core of the game - a battle simulator with a paint the map aspect to it. I just came back from early access and played it again but most of the issues here make me want to quit. I appreciate them trying to make a 'full' experience, but unfortunately alot of this gets in the way of the core experience - a medieval battle simulator with a paint the map aspect to it. This feature bloat looks like it took away resources from the things that matter most. Honestly, the map could have been smaller too. Its gigantic, and by the time you're knee deep into it it becomes tedious because of all the other issues identified by other people in this thread.

Some of this stuff looks like they should have just made it into a DLC if they weren't going to make it something that doesn't detract from the core experience. At least they'd get paid to do it. I normally don't suggest making 'core' features DLC, but in this case i don't think these things are "Core" and they're done in a way that detracts from the actual core of the game.
  19. ***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

* AI Kingdoms with no fiefs left raid the player forever. They need to be removed from the game after 30 days of holding no territory.
    I came back to this game from early access and came here to post about this issue, only to find it in here in my current playthrough.

How has this not been addressed, did they abandon this game? 30 days may be too early, but i just executed their fiefless leader and it made some other noble in the faction(unrelated by blood) their new leader. It makes me want to quit knowing the only way to deal with them is to execute literally every single one of them.
  20. The next patch

May not be a bug but its absurd that the southern empire is running around with 0 fiefs for years in my game, and if you execute their ruler(and direct successors) it will hand the faction off to some other noble in that faction to be the ruler of that fiefless faction. I am forced to execute literally everyone in the faction at this rate and it makes no sense. At least in warband people ditched the failing faction, and it would eventually come to an end.

I just started playing again after early access, and i have no idea how this is a thing - should have been resolved in early access and its well after release at this point. It makes me want to quit.
Back
Top Bottom