Search results for query: *

1. Lords spawning with troops after defeat ruins the game

It helps to imprison captured lords in a dungeon. Hasn't been so bad for me.
    If you have a proper army, then those small groups will be too scared of you anyway.
    The problem with this is that they just "escape" from prison like two days later (by forcing a ransom). In a logical world, your suggestion should work, but right now it doesn't work unless you really have an OP army.

They need to allow you to keep lords as prisoners for way longer... like years. That's the real problem here.
  2. Lords spawning with troops after defeat ruins the game

Lol WTF. I just started executing them all after the first time I realized they were materializing new troops out of nowhere. I had no idea it actually got this bad.This is comical how game-breaking it is.
  3. Hideout difficulty. A possible solution, both if you like or hate them. Detailed.

I hate bandit hideout missions because they are ridiculous and unrealistic, not because they are hard.

You can stay with your 300-men army at hideout and enter it every night with half-dozen of your elite troops in shield wall formation until you slay them all.
    It is just tedious and silly. Before it was completely ridiculous when you entered it with a bunch of recruits and did lose everything if you fail that mission, including 300-men elite army waiting outside and whatever. Now it is not as bad, but these missions are not fun at all anyway.

There needs to be an option to openly attack bandit hideout with your army.
    If you want - you can still ambush them, if you find it amusing. It may make sense to ambush only bandit boss, if you have less troops than bandits to openly fight them.
    But to just put yourself at disadvantage without reason, that spawn of a boss... It is all just too silly to be a part of such a good game.

I see it like that - you have two options if you enter bandit hideout:

1. Fight them openly with your army.
    They will just fight you at their hideout with all their troops, including boss. All things reasonable.

2. Ambush them at night.
    That could be interesting and fun solution if you will be able to sneak past the guards and challenge the boss to a duel. Or fight his troops like now when you fail stealth, but there should be no silly teleportation and boy-meets-boy situation cutscene like now...

That will make things interesting, you will want to spot the bandit hideout, you will search for it. That will use spotting mechanic a good way, will make it shine.
    Now you just ignore these tedious, boring and unrewarding missions, unless it is the main quest.

P.S. Found topic on that topic:
    I agree with heu3becteh. Right now the problem isn't that they're too hard, they just don't give enough options and don't seem logical. Plus clearing them out can take forever sometimes.

I also think "silly teleportation" and "boy-meets-boy situation cutscene" are the best descriptions of the bandit boss fight I've heard so far.
  4. Insanely hard hideouts

+1
    They need to fix this. At least have more strategic options (e.g. sabotage to bring down their number, or fight them separately in groups of 20ish at most)

In the meantime, I've found a good work around when there are like 50 in a hideout:
    1. Attack by ambush, but only partially (e.g. clear the first few camps) and make sure you don't take damage/die
    2. Retreat
    3. Attack again the next night
    4. Repeat until the hideout has a manageable number
    *Expect this to take like a week in-game. Usually takes 2-3 days with me, but you should be prepared to spend a good week at least for wages, food, etc.

Or you can wait around and pray that some of the parties in the hideout go out on patrol. This second option seems to take forever, though. I wouldn't recommend it.
  5. SP - Economy Please Add More Investment Options for Settlements

Just had a situation in my campaign where small (10-20) armies, kept harrassing my villages, I was barely fast enough to catch them since they were heavily cav.

Patrols would have seen them off far sooner (or even just better trained village militia), and saved me having to waste time and eventually losing anyway. Got so annoyed that when I finally caught one of them, I chopped his head off.
    Steppe raiders are the worst for this. I could imagine armies doing the same.

I've also had situations where looters will wind up in parties of like 3 (NPC's don't finish off retreated parties), and they have so much speed I can't catch them without cornering them.
  6. Being a Vassal is a scam

I believe you have to give your kingdom the dragon banner to get the king to give you a fief.

I gave to dragon banner to the empress of the Southern Empire, then swore vassalage in the same conversation. About a week later there was an election over a city. I was not on the ballot, but the empress overruled everyone's vote and gave me the city (for which I did nothing to earn).

It seems if you give them the dragon banner they may owe you a favor or something. I never got any fiefs after this, though.
  7. SP - Economy Crossbow 22000 denars

Plus there's a quest (Gang Needs Weapons or whatever it's called) that asks for not 1, not 5, but 14 crossbows?? Seriously?

That's 308,000 denars you're supposed to fork over for the street rouge, presuming you can find all 14 since cities don't carry many.

You also cannot currently loot them -- if you could you'd be an overnight billionaire with the broken price.
  8. Auto-resolve is stupid sometimes.

If you don't feel like fighting them you can do the manual battle and just hit "F6." That's what I do to get around the auto-resolve dice rolling nonsense.

F6 is a bit more organized than just charging in and has more overall troop survival, without you having to micromanage. Micromanaging can burn you out after the 20th battle.
  9. Is there such thing as roman-like republic?

I think that a lot of kingdom building and mechanics will be added much later, because they are flavor adding now the focus is all on making the game less a nut and nerves breaker... by killing the bugs and fixing the holes

Offf topic:
    An senate is s,hit why do you think the Roman republic transformed itself in an empire.. ran by an emperor... All those orgy loving senators which were loaded with money had to have an opinion which grounded the mighty republic to a stand still during a war you would have 100 senators. 20 saying we need to attack somebody else, other saying we need make peace, other say we need to raid right now.. until you had a consensus or majority the republic wasn't allowed to act..

So whole villages got destroyed and plundered before the senate even could make a decision, until one man grabbed the power and caused the republic to conquer a big part of the known world of that time.
    Definitely off-topic, but the failures of the Roman Senate were certainly cited very frequently by Monarchs of ages after to dump on any European Republics -- e.g. Netherlands. I think this is exactly why the game needs it :smile:

Having those unique challenges in the game for a republic nation would definitely make the game far more interesting! Like corruption of senators who have negative honor. Warmongering senators that have the cruel trait, etc. Make assassinations and trials possible :grin: Influence suddenly becomes far more precious, rather than a popularity contest of who gets the pleb castles. We could go on for an entire thread about it. This would be such an amazing game if they implemented everything properly.
  10. SP - Economy Please Add More Investment Options for Settlements

There used to be patrols in mount and blade (was it a mod?), where troops used to wander the lands dealing with small looter armies etc (and getting beaten etc). You could increase patrols size/quality/numbers I believe.

Maybe setup a patrol system again, maybe with you having to supply the troops, just to stop it being free armies etc?
    Yeah, that definitely was a thing in native Warband. Many have suggested bringing it back. Right now finances are super unbalanced, though. That's why I thought it would be interesting to have options like these to take away all the excess money accumulation, make gold relevant again for the late-game.
  11. Display lord/lady relationship when talking to them

Yeah, I noticed the trigger box for hovering over it is a bit finicky.
  12. Garrison and food mechanics - not welcomed in current form

I like the idea of starving out garrisons but it should be implemented better.
    1. Make only the militia units be affected. OR;
    2. Let us manually fill food in stash which the garrisons can use.OR;
    3. Have a set number of garrison not be affected by food shortage but anything above the limit will.

In my game, I was part of northern empire who fended off the steppe retards' snowball early game. Now Aserai, Batannia and Vlandia have around 3-5k approx army (rest factions eleminated) and are fighting each other alternatively. I was waiting for Khuzaits to attack us again at some point and so I managed to stockpile a completely elite army of around 220.

Now when the Khuzaits attacked us, I am busy defending my villages because if I don't, it will stop producing food and my garrisons will starve out.

Basically some lord comes to raid, I beat him and imprison him. Wait in town to heal up and repeat again when another lord shows up. If their army ever shows up, my plan is to abandon everything and just go on a rampage raiding all of their villages. Lets starve to death together.

TL;DR: Please fix the garrison starving. Thanks.
    You're not having problems with the lords continuously escaping as you capture them also? :smile:

And yes, please fix garrison starving. It breaks the game right now.
  13. SP - Economy Please Add More Investment Options for Settlements

First off, thank you to the development team for continuing to update and support the game, and thank you for taking the time to create/read these forums for the player-base. An area that most of us believe needs some tweaking is certainly settlements, for a few reasons. Currently, settlements...
  14. SP - Economy How does settlement food production work?

I've read in multiple threads that it works through the indirect economy, like previously mentioned. I've sold tons of food to my city, too, hoping the numbers would go up but nothing seems to happen. Then I come back the next day and it goes up sometimes.

My understanding is you dump ridiculous amounts of food to bring the price down, like mentioned, then when caravans visit the city can buy more food because it's cheaper. I don't know if that's true, but it makes sense.

I really hope they fix this, though. It would be nice if you could just dump your food into the storehouse of the city and save the needless trouble.

It would also add depth to campaign siege. For example, during a long siege of a castle/city you could use your roguery to jump in and out of the siege line and smuggle in food so the attackers can't starve-out your garrison.
  15. SP - Battles & Sieges Circles & Squares are useless

So much of what we call 'history' was written by people in the late 1800s early 1900s and the assumptions they made and that get passed on take 40-50 years of challenges to overcome. Those later muskets lost a lot of energy is what I was referring to with the loose balls and mass production- the balls did not fit the barrel and the powder was also mass-produced and cheaper but lower quality. Most people used less powder than a barrel was capable of producing because a good amount was lost anyway due to the loose barrel and because of the lower quality construction of the muskets putting too much powder in could blow apart the gun so erring on a lower amount made sense when they did not need to penetrate plate armour. Earlier muskets were heavier and crafted individually with each man making his own lead balls and grinding his own powder and the balls tended to fit much tighter into a longer barrel and the powder in good conditions was more explosive- larger/heavier ball + more explosiveness = more energy/momentum = greater penetration. It was often trial and error and imperfection in the powder, the coarseness of the grind/uneven distribution, dampness, etc could lower all the above factors but in the ideal conditions, earlier arquebuses were more powerful than later short-barrelled muskets until rifling and other improvements in powder and design were known in the late 17th century.
    I've heard of musketeers using their own mold to make their own bullets, but I didn't know they had to grind their own powder. Interesting. Definitely a lot of room for variability.

Can't wait for Fire and Steel 2 now.
  16. SP - Battles & Sieges Circles & Squares are useless

IIRC the English longbowmen were so effective against French knights because they were able to shoot the horses out from under them which would kill and maim the person on top and others behind them in the tumble. The French switched to foot knights in plate which were nearly impervious to arrows and proceeded to win the 100 years war. There's a reason Swiss pike-men and plated knights didn't use shields. I imagine a musket ball would break any bones beneath the armor where it hit making penetration unnecessary.
    Interesting. I guess this would give legitimacy to how well the archers demolish cavalry in this game.
  17. Does AI Use Map Terrain for Strategy

Next time you have a large battle, hit "F6" and delegate your army to the sergeants (in case you didn't know about this command already). Now your army is literally just acting like an AI. That way you can see what the AI typically does. I'm not sure if the enemy AI is different in anyway, but it seems the same as far as I can tell.

It will even post in the chat log and say what it's doing, like "Infantry taking high-ground" or "Cavalry covering left flank." So it does seem the AI is capable of recognizing high ground as a strategic advantage, but my experience has been it's capacity is quite limited. The AI is no chess-master yet, unfortunately.
  18. Is there such thing as roman-like republic?

There are policy effects, like the Senate, that make it so non-ruler clans have a bit more influence. That's it, though. The base structure of the government is still a Monarchy no matter what it seems.

I really wish they would expound upon this. Like after you adopt Senate, more options become available along a democracy/republic policy tree. Or if you choose to go the opposite route (ruler clan gets more power), you should have more options down a divine right policy tree. Or even autocracy/authoritarian spin offs. It would be really cool to see certain clans gain so much influence they actually start instituting policies against the monarchy, or even overthrow the monarchy by velvet revolutions.
  19. Display lord/lady relationship when talking to them

If you hold your mouse cursor over the lord/lady's name when you're talking to them, it will show their relationship to you (-100 to 100). Hope this is what you're looking for :smile:

I will say that it has glitched for me a few times before, though, so interpret it with caution. I had -100 relation with an enemy lord (to be fair I murder their whole family) and it displayed as 0 for some reason.
Back
Top Bottom