Search results for query: *

1. LordKay

SP - General Cockfights, Sheepfighting, and Hunting

It feels like such a waste for animals to only serve as walking pieces of meat. Since Taleworlds went to the effort of animating them, why not take it a bit further and use them a bit more? Chickens, ducks, and sheep could be used in animal fighting matches with betting. Dogs could be used as...
  2. LordKay

SP - General Players cannot be blacksmiths, it does not make sense.

If an eccentric monarch took up weapon smithing as a hobby, the other nobles would often be too afraid to make a big issue of it.

I'd venture to say the nobles may even decide to take it up themselves as a 'fashionable' fad to curry favor with the ruler.

Im somewhat of a history buff and I know for a fact the player cannot be a blacksmith.

It was looked down upon by warriors and in some periods and in some places warriors were not even supposed to look at the process of a weapon being made let alone make one themselves, because it was said it would prevent them from ever becoming a good warrior. Not only that blacksmiths 90% of the time only made one particular part of an armor and got skilled in that, but for making a complete sword or a complete armor? that's very uncommon!

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN MAKE SENSE IF IT'S ONE OF YOUR COMPANIONS/FOLLOWERS, IT CANNOT BE YOU.

No one ever said the player had to be a dedicated warrior though. You could be a filthy rich merchant who buys his way to victory, a strategist who commands armies from the back, or even an opportunistic bandit who kidnaps his way into kinghood. M&B is first and foremost a sandbox game, and RL history is simply the slight accents to top it off.
  3. LordKay

Beautiful but fat?

9i57kdh087s41.png

From reddit

Before and after 5 cycles of anabolics+HGH lmao...
  4. LordKay

Dual wield!

...just going to leave this here. It's not dual wielding, but you get to hold something other than a shield on your offhand.

5. LordKay

New factions?

I feel there is way more that could be done to exemplify the factions we have already versus chopping and parceling our themes.

I’m more done with NPC factions that risk attacking with roving hordes just pillaging and looting, like Bandits but worse, but in expansions and DLC. Sturgians need Flails (Keivan Rus are where those weapons originated from, with specific proof) Aserai need Camelry, Battanians need adjustments to include an archer in their main tree.....that needs to happen well before the goobers dump their toy chest out to include Meso-American, Polynesian, Far East........it just becomes something this game was not intended to be.

the problem with sandbox games is the thought that anything goes. What often gets overlooked, and it’s the reason more sandbox games are bad then good, is your sandbox still needs to have a structure and rules. Laser tag, for example, is only fun if there is a great arena with a defined system and scoring put in place. If it’s just a bunch of fools making up their own rules with different guns from different systems, it just doesn’t work

I don't think anyone is suggesting these factions be included in base game, but more as DLC and expansion packs, after the basegame is finished and polished up. It would give an opportunity to introduce new regions+cultures with some new mechanics as the theme. These new regions don't necessarily have to be invading or even active attackers; they could be kingdoms minding their own business with their own problems, or offer a challenge for endgame players who have already conquered the base game region.
  6. LordKay

It's in EA... Should it excuse "everything"?

Did OP play Ark, Conan, or even Space Engineers EA? Compared to how those games were during EA, Bannerlord EA is in a decent state. yes, there are balancing issues, yes there are performance issues, but the game on the whole is fairly playable.

Ark (and Space Engineers too) EA had serious performance issues (think Bannerlord has leaky memory? Ark would straightup kill your PC). Conan's NPC AI was so bad, you could stand 2 feet in front of an enemy and they'd ignore you (and don't even mention defense thralls, they'd straight up ignore burglars looting your house).

It's EA. It is the barebones skeleton of what the game can become. Doesn't excuse everything, but it does mean we should not expect a finished and polished game. Look at how much Ark, Conan, and Space Engineers improved from the initial EA. You can't even recognize them (Although Ark in general still has unacceptable problems).
  7. LordKay

How do you deal with 800 men armies outnumbered 8 to 1?

Archer line at back, infantry with shields upfront, equip 2x shields. Tell infantry to hold in front of archers, get small group of heavy cavalry (who have decent shields) to follow you. Run circles around enemy mid-field with your cavalry, and let archers thin the herd. Infantry cuts down any enemies that get too close to archers.
  8. LordKay

Favorite weapons on horseback?

Bow. Nothing like strafe sniping on a horse.
  9. LordKay

POLL: Should players be able to disable the aging mechanic?

I don't think it's particularly important. If you really don't want to age, you could always open up the console every now and then to dial back your char's age.

Or... make a mod (after game is out of EA) to put in an "Elixir or immortality" with associated quest, if you want something that feels more legitimate.
  10. LordKay

PETITION FOR TALEWORLDS TO LET US MARRY THE EMPRESS RHAGAEA

I wonder how many of you will cry when Taleworlds finally Rhagaea's face into the senior citizen she is.

fetishise the butter king instead.

butter king!

ipovi1xca1rx.png
  11. LordKay

I Don't Want My Cavalrymen To Die In A Siege

If it works like Warband (and I'm not sure if it does), troops at the bottom of your party list will have a lower chance of showing up on any given battlefield. That's not a perfect solution, obviously, but it may cut down on the losses somewhat.

This works fairly well for me. I keep about 100 cheap and disposable infantry at the bottom of the list during map roam, then move them into top once I rally for a siege battle.
  12. LordKay

New factions?

I don't really get why people are so against east asian-influenced cultures being added, if Taleworld did well (for the most part, but it's EA) with the current cultures and influences, we should trust them to do well with others.

That said, adding a Chinese faction from a similar time period would need some hard balancing. If Song or Ming... their explosives tech and artillery would just level the field.
  13. LordKay

Why is every single NPC ugly as sin....and white?

Npcs feel just fine... the region is supposed to be molded around RL eastern Europe after all. Khuzaits have blended eastern europe/central asian features, and Aserai have middle eastern features. Looking at the full map of the game, we may even end up having stuff like north African/Native American influenced cultures from DLC/Expansions.

As for looks, it feels fine. Maybe reduce the max limit on eye size, but overall it's fine. Very few of us are anywhere near sub-good looking irl, and if we're talking the middle ages... inbreeding was priority #1 for royalty/nobility, and just tended to happen for the rest. Needless to say, inbreeding does not often produce good looks. If anything, the rulers should be more ugly to reflect that.
    companions before mods come out:

Companions after mods come out:

Actually, it'd be more like this:

Before
    webp.net-resizeimage-1.png

After
    13420310-7021519-image-a-47_1557709343515.jpg
  14. LordKay

The Sturgians look ridiculous

They are based off the berserkers, light infantry troops the germanic tribes had. The etymology of their name is supposed to either come from "bear", although this is disputed, as fur is heavy.
    More likely it was formed out of the word "bar" today in German a prefix meaning no clothes. Very comparable to the English "bare", as in "bare-naked".
    They appear in nordic folkore as well around the 9th century, where they are often described as wearing wolf-fur and fighting without consideration of their personal well-being. They are also said to fight without body armour. However outside of folklore there are little sources on their actual use and/or equipment. So there is your reference.
    Just like with many things in Bannerlord it is a not a mirror of our medieval times, but with added flavour drawn from sagas, their own lore and pop-culture.

Oh, I'm well aware of the inspiration for the troop... it's just not done well at all. Bannerlord doesn't necessarily need to mirror reality, but it should keep itself consistent within it's own setting. The bare-chested look might work for say... a few bandits and peasants in the southern empire, but not the northern Sturgia. It'd work if Bannerlord were a high fantasy game (where normal humans are blatantly superhuman), however it's not.

I'm not saying they should be removed as a troop. All that's needed is some revision, some more care in their setup; instead of bare chested guys with a wolf hat, let them wear some wolf pelts, maybe even some bear coats. Give them some nice trailing wolf/bear cloaks, something that feels like it belongs in the cold northern climate. As it stands, those guys look like they'd die from hypothermia before the battle starts.
  15. LordKay

The Sturgians look ridiculous

What the actual ****.

Out of all the civilizations in the world, I really doubt any had a warrior armored like this. This is more a storyteller/shaman costume than actual combat gear...
  16. LordKay

When do you think the game will be finished?

Considering it took them about 6 years to get from early beta M&B to Warband... maybe 2-3 years (since they have a significantly larger team now). Personally, I want them to take their time to thoroughly flesh out all aspects, and take this game to it's ultimate potential.
  17. LordKay

MP Armor replacement mod by [Apolon]

Just one thing; shouldn't the peasant levies be wearing more ramshackle (tattered padded armor, worn fur armor, etc.) gear? Historically, peasant conscripts had to gear themselves out-of-pocket, and the money your average peasant would have is... not great.
  18. LordKay

What do you guys think about that characters are able to walk/run while attacking on foot?

I'd be onboard with a step system. Rather than running circles around our enemies, it might feel quite rewarding to actually sidestep overhead strikes, lunge inside the reach of longer weapons, so forth. The only issue is range. It might be easily exploitable against missiles; more than it should be.

Imagine trying to sidestep somebody using a pike with 300+ range lol...
  19. LordKay

Alright, you ingrates. Sherriff's in town.

If you wanted to get some laughs, you got that and then some lmao.
Back
Top Bottom