Search results for query: *

1. Jdue89

SP - General Generate Your Own Companions

+1 yes please!
  2. Jdue89

SP - General [Suggestion] what are you?, some deity?!

1 Trillion is certainly absurd, but 900K is reasonable. I only own 1 castle, and I already have near 700k in my current game (I'm not even a merchant). I feel that a 3-member clan asking me for 900k for them to join my new faction is acceptable.
    sure, 900K is okay for a 3 member clan, 300K each, but it just rings hollow when comparing to cost of everything else, and the economy as is in the game.. none of them really match. so if 300K pr member is ok, then maybe higher tier items should cost more? idk.

but a 1 member clan, with a castle, well, "barter bar" only goes to around 20% full, when giving him everything i got. multiple millions of denars.

the biggest problem, even if we say the value the assign to tiefs is correct, the lord you "buy" just leaves you randomly right away, so you just wasted all that money.. and if you kill them after, the money is just gone.. at least have them carry it around until they hit a city or their own castle/towns, so if the betray you like that, you at least get them back if you fight them and win.
  3. Jdue89

Lol.

It sounds like he was saying you couldn't buy him with all the money that exists. Maybe he had honorable trait and it put a multiplier on what it costs to join?
    nice turn around as to why.. but sadly no, its the same on honorable nobles. the only thing in commen is tiefs. amount and type of tief.
  4. Jdue89

I suggest to alter (lower) the calculated value of tiefs, when bribing nobles to join you. I noticed that as soon as a noble had just 1 (!) castle he would think himself a smartass and demand 1 trillion+ denars for him to join. the value at which nobles assign to them selves when they have...
  5. Jdue89

SP - General [Suggestion] OH no, he didn't... !

I suggest that there be put a cooldown on faction change. I noticed that whenever i persuaded a noble lord to join me (at the cost of a kingdom re. 1 million Denars ONE MILLION!), they would literally just leave the kingdom they just agreed to join within a few ticks (days), and join my enemy...
  6. Jdue89

SP - General Worst crossbow in shops requires 20 crossbow skill

Light crossbow do not require any skill in crossbow to use .
  7. Jdue89

SP - General Better perks for [Two handed Weapons] (instead of current ones)

interesting, just posted a suggestion that touches some of the same ideas to two handed perks, but i do think some of your changes makes some of the perks too over powered. like the 50% change to destroy shield.
  8. Jdue89

SP - General [Suggestion] Rearrange perks / PART 1 (Vigor/Control/Endurance) \

PART 1: There are multiple skill trees that has perks which needs to be in other skill trees or shuffled around in their current tree, to make sense. lets go though them in order. One Handed: The idea behind the one-handed skill is to act as tank (shields) or opt out for a more balanced...
  9. Jdue89

Resolved Save failed

"Save failed - Save file cannot create" bug. Happens: Random, persists when happening. happens on every type of save file (save as, save, quick save, auto save) occurred over 3 different new starts !, have reinstalled game, even re-installed windows so windows is fresh and not the issue...
  10. Jdue89

Aim priority of AI on horseback against player on horseback

AI tries to target your legs when you are on horse. great, as it should! IF AI is holding a long pike they should NOT target legs as 1st priority, but the chest or even the horse. (that's a suggestion) My bug (or at least i think it is) when the player is on horseback the AI on horseback will...
  11. Jdue89

SP - General [Suggestions] Armor Material Type

just another fine video of the effect of armor against arrows :smile: it would be cool to see something like this in bannerlord, when you are in full plate armor, but i understand for gameplay reason it should still do some damage of sorts.
  12. Jdue89

SP - General craftable armor

+1
  13. Jdue89

I've seen a video similar to that, but with a crossbow. I don't really know why bodkin bolts fail against gambesons but sword thrusts get through easily, much better than cuts. (ALSO SEE 7:30 FOR A MORE PROTECTIVE PADDED JACK)

okay, just saw the whole video, they even admit its not historical accurate, and thats its wool :'D and they definitely do not know how to wield a sword, they are just smashing it against the "armor" the "swing or cut" is not connecting with the armor at all. the protective padded jack is still made with wool, and not linen. and its still not that tightly packed as a proper padded armor :smile:
    Padded armor in the middle ages was often made up of 28-30+ layers of tightly packed linen. what they smash their swords against here is in total of 2 layers of linen with 18 layers of thin wool, loosely packed in between. just saying :p
  14. Jdue89

I've seen a video similar to that, but with a crossbow. I don't really know why bodkin bolts fail against gambesons but sword thrusts get through easily, much better than cuts. (ALSO SEE 7:30 FOR A MORE PROTECTIVE PADDED JACK)

not to be a buzz killer, but if you watch the video from start, its clearly seen that the "padded cloth" here is not made of linen, but wool (used against blunt force) and its not really tightly stacked (again better vs blunt force). this is also seen when they "cut" it, but really they only smash the swords against it, not making the slice movement for the cut. and when they then stab it, (thrust) they do go right though it, because they are piercing wool with thin linen on the outside, its not made to stop cuts or pierce, but the cushion against blunt force. They do also call it "fabric armor" in the title, and not "padded armor". i bet you, that if they had tried this with padded armor, they wouldn't get though it that easily, a 120 pounds warbow with bodkin arrow does jack ****, leaves you with a big bruise and maybe a small cut, these skinny ass guys are not throwing a thrust worth of 120 pounds = 54 kg in a tiny point (bodkins area of impact) :'D
  15. Jdue89

maybe does already do it but just incase, +1. btw pierce should beat padded cloth, and cut shouldn't. irl thrusts can easily get through gambesons while for cuts you need an very sharp sword.
    watch this :smile: i know its a bow, but its a warbow, as in high draw weight, with a bodkin (piercing arrow)

spoiler: it do not get through a 2-3cm padded cloth
  16. Jdue89

I think current systems does this anyways. There are some stats needs to be tweaked, but in the and this doesn't need to change
    maybe i should put in more examples then to get the idea better across.

ex.
    Weapon: Crossbow
    damage type: Pierce
    thrust: 81p
    \AGAINST/
    body armor - cape: Mail cover
    material : Metal/mail
    armor value: 18m
    body armor: Thick Gambeson
    material: Padded cloth
    armor value: 23pc
    total armor value = 41

Damage output to chest at 1m/s at 10m range.
    (81p*(1+20%)-18m)*(1-20%)=63p-23pc=40p dmg applied on hit
    vs (the system now)
    81p-(18m+23pc*(0,34))=55p dmg applied on hit
    difference: 37.5% less dmg.

ex.
    \AGAINST/
    body armor - cape: padded cover
    material : Padded cloth
    armor value: 6pc
    body armor: Plate armor
    material: Metal/plate
    armor value: 30mp
    total armor value = 36

(81p*(1-20%)-6pc)*(1+15%)=67p-30mp=37p dmg applied on hit
    vs (the system now)
    81p-(6pc+30mp*(0,34))=64p dmg applied on hit
    difference: 72.9% less dmg.

ex.
    \AGAINST/
    body armor - cape: Mail cover
    material : Metal/mail
    armor value: 18m
    body armor: Plate armor
    material: Metal/plate
    armor value: 30mp
    total armor value = 48

(81p*(1+20%)-18m)*(1+15%)=91p-30mp=61p dmg applied on hit
    vs (the system now)
    81p-(18m+30mp*(0,34))=52p dmg applied on hit
    difference: 17.3% more dmg.

see how this system changes the dmg output dependent on your armor loadout more, suddenly its good to have a gambeson (or some padded armor) on instead of only plate/mail armor (even more so if you take price of equipment into account) if you are up against pierce (in this example crossbows) and armor value alone has less to say.
    the system with cut, pierce, and blunt right now only applies a damage reduction based on armor value alone. that is,
    cut = penetrates 1/2 the armor value
    pierce= penetrates 2/3 the armor value
    blunt= penetrates 3/4 the armor value
    what the current system does is, you can take a cape on with high body armor value, and NO body armor, and take a giant axe hit to the gut, and still laugh it off.

I forgot to put this in, in the original post:
    unarmored < anything, +100% more dmg from all types, or even go as high as 150%.

fur > blunt
    fur < cut
    fur < pierce

ex.
    \AGAINST/
    body armor - cape: Thick armored bear pelt
    material : Fur
    armor value: 21f
    material : Plate
    armor value: 12mp
    body armor: none
    material: unarmored
    armor value: 0ua
    total body armor value = 33

(81p*(1+25%)-21f)*(1+15%)=(92p-12mp)*(1+100%)=160p dmg applied on hit
    vs (the system now)
    81p-(21f+12mp+0ua*(0,34))=56p dmg applied on hit
    difference: 185.7% more dmg.

ex.
    Weapon: Black heart (2-handed axe)
    damage type: cut
    thrust: 113c
    \AGAINST/
    body armor - cape: Thick armored bear pelt
    material : fur
    armor value: 21f