Search results for query: *

1. Is Aim clan legacy?

They definitely need to do something about the main quest if they plan on this, though. Not sure if the 10-year limit is still there, but there's definitely the limit of the quest failing is Istiana/Arzagos die of old age now...
  2. Where to find good governors?

I pick Engineers because their base 80 engineering gives +20 production, which is as good as the Boost bonus in Castles and still pretty good in towns.

There are a couple other cheap perks that are good and fairly easy to get as well. 50 Riding gives +1 prosperity, 50 polearm gives +1 militia, couple others. Just give them a glaive and send them at looters. Athletics and Bow are really easy to level and have some good ones if you want to put the effort in, just keep them in your party on foot with your archers and they'll level. Helps if you hire them early before you get fiefs so you're not spending time leveling them instead of having them govern.

Far as daily defaults go, Irrigation is pretty powerful. Turns each point of production into .01 hearth growth in all bound villages, which adds up when you've got 200+ production. That's five times the normal rate of village growth, and more growth means both more flat food bonus (+5/10/15/20 at 300/600/900/1200 hearths each) AND more tax and production, which if they produce food also massively raises your ability to grow town prosperity.

My strategy is to get everything useful built, then go Housing until my Food Bonus for Prosperity drops below +1 or so. More prosperity gives more base production, so it's best to cap it out because it makes the other daily defaults more powerful. After that, go Irrigation until the villages hit the next tier, giving more food and letting you grow prosperity again.

The thing I don't like is that some cities just will never amount to anything no matter how much effort you put in. If they only have two bound villages and none produce food, they'll just never be able to be as profitable. Jaculan and Marunath are two of the best cities to have for this reason, 4 villages each and tons of food so they can theoretically grow forever if you do it right. Marunath is even better because the villages have the +1 militia Battanian culture modifier, so one you get them to 700 hearths or so they'll have over 100 militia so most normal-sized enemy parties won't even bother messing with them.
  3. Is Aim clan legacy?

Apparently Revolutions are planned, not sure how they'll work but they should help keep larger empires in check. I'm imagine they'll make holding conquered foreign-culture settlements a much more long-term goal than just waiting in town for two days and dropping off a couple hundred sacks of grain.

Devs also said something about making sieges take longer and have more stages, so that will slow the pace down as well.
  4. I'm Back, Baby!

Raganvad doesn't deserve it.

He sure doesn't, that's why I rebelled against him after getting Omor and Epicrotea for myself after pulling his kingdom back from the brink of annihilation and all the other Sturgian lords still liked me enough to join me even after the -40 penalty.

He's now alone, homeless, and paying me 2,000 denars a day for the privilege of his continued existence, while I am the King of Sturgia and Emperor of Calradia (the Northern part anyway).

Both Istiana and Arzagos are alive currently, curious to see if Arzagos dying stops the conspiracy. Also want to see what actually happens if I get 2/3 of the empire under my control and Istiana's still alive. Shouldn't be too hard, Khuzait ate half of Southern and Northern and Battania took half of Western, and they're all significantly weaker than me one-on-one. Managed to scoop up a lot of the Northern Empire clans cheap because they had no lands, Neretzes joined me for 20k and a stack of old boots, lol.
  5. Company of trouble trouble

For the train troops mission, it's best to save the upgrades then level them all up in one go. It won't complete if there are any Borrowed Troops left in your party, and when you upgrade them the Veteran Borrowed Troops won't give XP to the regular ones for kills.

For Company of Trouble, you can try save-scumming it. Beyond that you just need to level up your Charm to get higher success chances.
  6. Unify the Empire quest failed - Istiana died?

It seems to be an oversight. All NPCs can die of old age after they reach age 50, and both her and Azargos are over that. Hopefully they fix it soon.

You can probably just keep doing your thing though. As far as I know the only reward is her telling you "good job."
  7. I'm Back, Baby!

The main quest actually has more issues now because the two questgivers are both over 50 and have a random chance of dying now, lol. It also hasn't progressed past the conspiracy stage, and afaik there's still no way to stop the conspiracy.

The family quest has been expanded so you can get your two brothers and sister back, which is nice, and apparently there's one more branch of that coming out soon-ish.

Balance-wise, it's better. Less snowballing, but Khuzait still tends to dominate and Sturgia still gets bullied. If you're into mods, there's one that removes the 1.2x cavalry autoresolve bonus which makes Khuzait more balanced against other AIs.

Village growth rates and food are better, castle/town buildings give more food/storage and the villages themselves grow faster when they're small now to recover from raids better. The Irrigation daily task is also useful there.

Half the perks still don't work, but it's an improvement. All the combat skills are 99% implemented now.

Far as the pace of patches goes, it has been pretty fast since 1.4/1.5 after a slow bit. A lot of the changes have been pretty good though, perma-death is implemented and notables have a lot of changes that still need some fine-tuning.

All in all, it's twice the game a couple months ago, easily. Still half a game, lol, but I've been enjoying it.
  8. SP - General Starting Wars

Really have to agree. Early game plays out almost the exact same way every time. I'm really not sure if Day Zero wars are even necessary anymore with the new war AI improvements, or have all the non-imperial factions at peace and the three imperials in a actual 3-way war. As it is, for allegedly being in a civil war they really don't seem to fight each other that much...

Biggest gripe is still the Vlandia vs Sturgia initial war though as it just doesn't make much sense beyond having every faction start at war with somebody.
  9. Losing Relation with Lords whom TRY to burn my villages

The worst thing is, it also happens if someone else chases them off... Which, thanks to the AI, can result in an infinite death spiral.

Enemy raids settlement
    Nearby ally defends settlement
    Enemy runs away
    Ally is slower and breaks off the chase
    Enemy goes back to raiding
    Ally defends settlement

And so on. RIP my carefully-built relations.
  10. Running incredibly fast since last patch

Did you get the 2-hand perk that boosts your speed by 10% with a 2-hander? It's actually a huge boost because it's the equivalent of having an extra 170 points in Athletics, lol.

I've got that and the one that reduces gear weight by 30 and I run at warp speed.
  11. Is training troops still hard or am I just doing it wrong? (1.5)

Some workshops can still bring in 200 a day pretty easily, so it's as good as another village long-term at least. I tend to put them in towns I own. Tools produced by smithies also give a tiny bit of prosperity growth bonus.

The real money in workshops is being able to control supply and demand and set up profitable trade routes. Nicest part of that is you don't even need to own them anymore after you set them up, can sell them back. They don't need to be profitable, just crank up demand. Best method is to find an area with really cheap basic goods, then buy and convert all the workshops in the area that use those goods to something else so the price on the input resource plummets. Then, find somewhere nearby where you can set up workshops that use that basic good but doesn't produce it so demand will be really high. Buy up the basic goods, bring them to where the workshops are and sell them for big profits, then haul the finished goods back and sell. It's basically the opposite of what you'd do if you wanted to make a profitable shop, but it can be big money. Just a bit of a pain to set up.
  12. SP - Economy A player adjustable throttle on prosperity gains.

That would be awesome down the line. I hate the randomness of caravans the way things are now, especially how they wander straight through enemy territory in the middle of a war. Being able to give them orders and synergize them with your fiefs and workshops would be great.

For now, remembered another tip for reducing food consumption: Minimizing garrisons. Militia is good for this if you can get the right policies and the +2/2.5 bonus from archery and melee perks, which are pretty easy to train up to. Each +1 is another 40 militia troops, and once you hit 400-500 you'll rarely get attacked and can start trimming down your garrisons.

Cavalry/horse archers are also the most efficient garrison troops because they get the 1.2x power calculation bonus.
  13. SP - Economy A player adjustable throttle on prosperity gains.

I would like there to be areas in calradia where there is excess grain production. Something similar to what was Libya and Egypt for the Roman Empire. Then from these areas trade agreements could be arranged to feed our richest cities.

This is already kind of a thing if you do it manually. Some areas produce very cheap food for around ~8 gold, so I always load up on a couple hundred whenever I see it at this price because you can sell it to starving cities for a high profit and help stop the bleeding after village raids hurt the food supply. My favorite is Olives from around Jaculan because they seem to have the highest margins, but fish and grain are just as good for stopping starvation.

Would be really nice if you could assign a caravan to it, though. IE, order the caravan to buy food below average market price and sell it to your own towns. AI caravans will trade food from nearby low-price regions to cities with good shortages that offer a big profit though.

The real key to keeping a city at high prosperity seems to be the nearby villages, though. All villages produce some amount of grain as a secondary product specifically for selling in town, but food-producing villages are still obviously best. They'll also give the flat +5/10/15/etc bonuses based on hearth size, so it's best to pick a town to own that has as many bound villages as possible. Some only have 2 and they struggle. Marunath and Jaculan are two of the best in my opinion because they have four and some of those villages produce food as a primary product, so they rarely starve.

The other key is to use the Irrigation daily task instead of Housing. Housing adds prosperity and can cause the town to outgrow the villages' capacity to feed it, while using Irrigation along with a production boost and a skilled engineering governor can grow villages by 2-3 hearths per day, which can make a huge impact, especially if the governor also has one of the +20% village growth perks from Athletics or Medicine (good luck training those up on an Engineer though, lol)
  14. SP - General Tavern Activities

If you talk to the regular townspeople inside they do actually have some useful information. Lord and notable personalities is one that you mentioned, and they already do. Nothing you couldn't find in the encyclopedia, but still.

Big one is trade rumors though. Maybe 1/10 bar patrons will tell you a good trade tip with what to buy from the city you're in, where to take it, and what the current profit margin is.
  15. Healing too slow 1.5.1

I will actually release Lords with zero Tactics skill because they'll take up an enemy party slot but not be as effective in auto-resolves with my allies compared to guys with 100+ skill.
  16. Merc work in 1.5.1 is looking pretty slim on payouts.

It's definitely hit or miss, especially if you Merc up with a faction and they just go and declare peace two days later. Sturgia can still be lucrative and Western Empire sometimes if they're fighting Battania, Aserai, and sometimes another Imperial faction. Khuzait also gets in multiple wars regularly and pays well, but they don't need the help lol.
  17. SP - General Khuzait seem a bit too powerful

Vlandia has the same problems as Khuzait being cav-heavy, but Tina lesser extent and I usually don't see them utterly dominating the same way Khuzait does. Your mileage may vary I guess, but I usually only see them take a few towns off of Sturgia while Khuzaits eat the other half of Sturgia, plus most of the Northern Empire and half the South, plus Husn Fulq.

Vlandia seems to struggle taking territory in Battania and that somewhat limits their expansion, meanwhile I've seen Khuzait fight all four of their neighbors at once successfully.
  18. Is training troops still hard or am I just doing it wrong? (1.5)

Can never get that to work, I never see any options to tweak in modlib

Do you have MCM in addition to modlib?
  19. Healing too slow 1.5.1

Maybe it's related to the change they did to make starving armies not have troops get wounded as fast?
  20. SP - Scenes More extensive ways to improve Castle/Villages

Had some ideas about castles from more of a gameplay/economic side:

Add notables to them like a Castellan and Garrison Commander with quests and troops to recruit. Currently there's no real reason to ever visit a castle you don't own, and not much even then. Their recruits could be a mix of Noble troops and T2 units, but cost more for the same troop compared to towns and villages, with the castle owner getting paid the difference when a Lord recruits from their castle.

The training grounds XP bonus is too small to be useful as-is, it takes over a year to upgrade one recruit. It could instead increase recruit replenishment and promotion rates for the castle notables.

As far as I know nobody ever builds the garrison barracks because you just can't put that many troops into a castle without it starving, wall and leadership bonus gives you more than you'll ever need. Could be replaced with a Patrol Barracks that creates a patrol of X number of troops per level (10/20/35?) that go out and hunt bandits.

Castle owner could get the renown, influence and loot/bounty money from bandit kills, and maybe a chance of a relations boost with local village notables.
Back
Top Bottom