Search results for query: *

1. Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

I started with these skills and did a bit of grinding:
    The first half I did normally in the game, but then I used a skill XP multiplier to get to the hard limits.

I have found following hard limits on my character:

hard skill limits:
    • 10 learning limit (attribute 2, focus 0) -> 18 hard limit
    • 20 learning limit (attribute 3, focus 0) -> 32 hard limit
    • 160 learning limit (attribute 2 focus 5) -> 218 hard limit
    • 170 learning limit (attribute 3, focus 5) -> 232 hard limit
    • 210 learning limit(attribute 7, focus 5) -> 288 hard limit
    So to be able to reach the highest perk for a skill (skill = 275+) you need 7 attribute points and 5 focus. But that will also need a lot of grinding.

Then I checked for the "real" hard limit and its:
    • 240 learning limit (attribute 10, focus 5) -> 330 hard limit
    There are currently a few scaling perks so here is what you would get if you absolutly max out a skill:
    • Minister of Health (Medicine) can give:
      • (330-200) * 0.5 = +65 bonus hit points to all troops
    • Two Handed Mastery (Two handed) can give:
      • (330-200) * 0.2 = +26% speed
      • (330-200) * 0.5 = +65% damage
    • Immortal Charm (Charm) can give:
      • (330-250) * 0.2 = 16 influence per day

Wow, thanks Tommy. That's some great info. What mod did you use to get the skill multiplier? Also, how did you increase your mercy, honor, and generosity? Thanks
  2. Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

and the differences between high and low values in combat skills are so dramatic that it's more sad than funny wondering how it got through internal testing.

What?!?! Totally the opposite! A few % increase in damage or speed for dozens of levels is not nearly dramatic enough.
  3. Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

I'm sure the devs fully understand this - so I'm not worried about the demands of people here who just don't seem to understand.

Lol, ok bro. And I'm not worried about players who think that their preferences on gameplay are the way things are "supposed to be" and that everybody else is just wrong.
  4. Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

I should read this thread, but I have no time. I just want to say that I hope the devs do not go the route of God-teir end-game characters - where your character ultimately becomes good at EVERY skill/ability in the game. A good RPG skill system should force the player to think about the design of his character and take into consideration a limited number of skill points. You want your character to be a master Horse-Archer with maxed related skills/abilities? Well, ok, just don't expect him to be a heavy melee hitting tank (obvious example).

I STRONGLY disagree with not having God-tier end-game characters. That's exactly what makes the game fun!
  5. Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

Since we don't know when Taleworlds is going to change that, I have thought of a simple solution that might be doable with some editing of files, while still keeping the system limited enough.
    Basically all that is needed, is to set the effective base limit of each skill to 50 points.
    That way there are enough skill points to reach a bit more than level 30 and also to theoretically reach 275 points in 6 skills out of 180 in 2 categories out of 6, while still being able to reach a usable level in anything necessary.
    A practical example build would be, maxing 2 skills in 2 categories and also obtaining high levels of around up to around 200 points in a handful of more skills. So one could max archery and riding for a horse archery build and then also learn high enough levels of leadership to actually lead a big army, some melee skills as well as athletics to not suck in combat on foot and then another 1 or 2 skills according to the players needs like smithing, trading, roguery or whatever. At the same time the player also could get at least a bit useful in everything.
    That way NPCs also could train a bit faster.

That being said, this solution obviously doesn't fix the inherent flaws of this system, i.e. being forced to use all skills without even wanting to, speed multipliers, the process of increasing skills, arbitrary attribute points and the absolutely retarded perks. It would be just quick and dirty solution to provide some balanced fun to everyone, compared to the garbage we have right now.

Which files did you edit to achieve this?
  6. PLS Make a popup for when ur Town is under siege

It would be great if you could select which notifications were more prominent. I certainly care if a town of mine is under seige, which doesn't get a major notification. Yet when some other noble in my faction that I don't care about starts an army I get a major notification despite not giving a crap.
  7. Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

The current system is objectively broken. Per the game design the maximum level is 24, which means the last perks in every skill tree are pointless because it's literally impossible to obtain any of them!

Here's the proof by the numbers:

You start the game with 18 attribute points, 12 focus points, and 210 skill points.

Each focus point increases your skill cap by 30 in a single skill and each attribute point increases your skill cap by 10 in 3 skills.
    6 attribute points are wasted because the first point in each attribute doesn't increase any caps. This means your cap on total skills at level 1 is 720.

Now, each level up requires gaining skill points equal to your current level x 5. If you take the total cumulative skill points gained to get to level 24, the number is 1380. (5+10+15+20+25, etc.)

At level 24, you have gained 23 more focus points and 8 more attribute points, increasing your total skill cap to 1660. Now remember, you started with 210 and have gained 1380, so at level 24 you have 1590 skill points.

Now you have a problem, because to get to level 25 requires 125 more skill points, but you can only gain 70 before you've hit your max. This means that EVEN IF YOU HIT THE HARD CAP IN EVERY SKILL AVAILABLE, THE MAX POSSIBLE LEVEL IS 24!

To make matters worse, the final perks in each skill tree require 275 skill points. Because of how skill caps work, you would need 5 focus points and 14 attribute points (remember the first attribute point is wasted) to get your skill cap above 275.

Where the hell are you going to get 14 attribute points?!? You only get 8 before you hit max level, so unless you answered questions that gave you 6 attribute points in the related attribute at time of character creation and allocated every attribute point gained from leveling up to that attribute, the final perk is not available to you!!

So yes, the current leveling system is broken.
  8. Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

Has anyone else crunched the numbers on this? Per the game design the maximum level is 24, which means the last perks in every skill tree are pointless because it's literally impossible to obtain any of them!

Here's the proof by the numbers:

You start the game with 18 attribute points, 12 focus points, and 210 skill points.

Each focus point increases your skill cap by 30 in a single skill and each attribute point increases your skill cap by 10 in 3 skills.
    6 attribute points are wasted because the first point in each attribute doesn't increase any caps. This means your cap on total skills at level 1 is 720.

Now, each level up requires gaining skill points equal to your current level x 5. If you take the total cumulative skill points gained to get to level 24, the number is 1380. (5+10+15+20+25, etc.)

At level 24, you have gained 23 more focus points and 8 more attribute points, increasing your total skill cap to 1660. Now remember, you started with 210 and have gained 1380, so at level 24 you have 1590 skill points.

Now you have a problem, because to get to level 25 requires 125 more skill points, but you can only gain 70 before you've maxed out every skill. This means that EVEN IF YOU ACHIEVE THE MAXIMUM IN EVERY SKILL AVAILABLE, THE MAX POSSIBLE LEVEL IS 24!

To make matters worse, the final perks in each skill tree require 275 skill points. Because of how skill caps work, you would need 5 focus points and 14 attribute points (remember the first attribute point is wasted) to get your skill cap above 275.

Where the hell are you going to get 14 attribute points?!? You only get 8 before you hit max level, so unless you answered questions that gave you 6 attribute points in the related attribute at time of character creation and allocated every attribute point gained from leveling up to that attribute, the final perk is not available to you!!

So yes, the current leveling system is broken.
  9. Anyone else feel like skills level way too slow?

All these ideas to make the skill increase more enjoyable are great, but the other thing they need to do in order for it to be actually fun is to make increased skill have a more significant impact. Right now, there isn't much benefit in being 215 in a skill as opposed to 15. At least for quite a few of them.
  10. Anyone else feel like skills level way too slow?

I like these, forces you to think about how to play your character, favoring taking specialties
    Then there should be other ways to increase the cap besides grinding unrelated skills
  11. Anyone else feel like skills level way too slow?

And the skill caps are so dumb... You can only raise skill so high before you need level-up points to increase the cap.

And the only way to get points for leveling up is to grind unrelated skills...
  12. Does the AI ever make peace?

I have the opposite problem - the kingdom I'm allied to made peace with all the other factions and has been so for dozens of hours.
  13. Why late game is currently not playable

#3 is my biggest gripe. There's hardly any benefit to having late game skills and equipment. Sucks all the fun & excitement out of the game like there's nothing to look forward to.
  14. Late game stuff not much better than early game stuff

I'm pretty disappointed how little benefit there is to getting better equipment and better skill levels. Seriously, why is it that the super awesome sword of amazeballs that costs 1 million gold is like, just 15% more powerful than the wooden practice sword I found in the trash bin next to a...
Back
Top Bottom